Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,031 Member
    @SimQueenie9 You add them the same way as a regular sim: under the people tab. And in the life states section, you can select either cat or dog
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    @mojot89 So...you have to include them like they were their owner's child...?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the parents of spouses. How can we add them to the tree? In the example, we can see Marge Simpson's parents by clicking her, but how can we make that possible for our sims?

https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/#guides/linking-trees
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,031 Member
    @SimQueenie9 At this moment, yes. Unless you wanted to set them as a "partner" Then the pet would show up next to the owner. So I guess it just depends on what you choose to do
  • RhiiJayyRhiiJayy Posts: 201 Member
    I love using this. Its alot better and less frustrating than family echo with all them crisscross lines -_-
    made plenty of family trees since i tend to get bored of a family and delete the save (Oppss).
    Finally Settled on a family which i'm sticking too, my Newby Family.
    I have 3 family trees in my siggy but they are all linked to one another :D
    OriginID: RhiiJayy
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
  • AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
    I have a problem:
    • I created two family trees.
    • In the tree no.1 there is SimA who is married and has 5 kids with SimB from the tree no.2
    • I have to manually create this 5 kids in two separate trees which is taking me a lot of time since both of trees are important.
    • and this kids will get married and have more kids! :s

Is there another way to add sims to other trees that have already been created by the user but in the other tree? It would also be great if an automatic link for this sim (to his primary tree) would be created.
    If not, please add this feature in the future, because it would make the Plum Tree App even more awesome than it is already ;) seriously, I love it! :p
  • xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    Will there every be a way to use MCCC gedcom tool to import the family tree? It's just easier to generate that document and import it into another family tree program, but I would love to be able to do that with this one.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
    @xoxJennxox That's a great idea, I forgot about MCCC's gedcom tool. Which family tree program do you use for it's files?
  • ThePlumtreeThePlumtree Posts: 119 Member
    Bastobasto wrote: »
    Help ! I deleted all my tree by accident. How can I get it back ?

@Bastobasto just drop the support email a message with your username and the tree you deleted and I can recover it if needed.

@Anckaa theres no way to copy people between trees currently but it's quite a popular request. When I get the time again at some point it will be there near the top of my things to add :) also thanks for the kind words :D

@xoxJennxox theres no way to use gedcom files but this ones also been asked a couple of times. It's in my list but as like everything else it's more about finding the time.
    cmhREQk.png
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited January 2018
    Stupid question that's probably already been asked and answered (I will check the last couple of pages of the thread once I get some time later) but are the cats and dogs traits going to be added in at some point?

Obviously the dogs are adding in with no problems HERE, (RIP Sadie) but my sim has the friend of the animals aspiration and dog lover and I can't see them so I've added them in under the category you make yourself.
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    @jeepjeepcat
    You can just type in the missing traits/aspiration in the trait/aspiration box and hit enter to make it a trait/aspiration like the ones already in the app :)
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    @ernesdo Thank you! I can't believe I never noticed that!
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    @jeepjeepcat
    No problem! I think I read about it somewhere (maybe one of the past pages in this thread?) to know it do it myself lol
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2018
    Is it possible to add another level of zoom between the closest and the second closest? I can either see one generation only or it zooms out to where I can barely see the portraits. Also, what size pictures is best so the portraits aren't blurry?

Edit: I think the zoom issue is caused by my browser because when I use Edge there are nice in between states while when I use firefox there's only huge, tiny and even tinier. Could you perhaps look into that? I don't really like Edge.
    @ThePlumtree @ThePlumbob @Shadami wants to know how to embedded a family tree into a blog I believe w/o a link ? You don't have a guide on your site for that
    6adMCGP.gif
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Is there a reason some of the purchasable reward traits are available in the Trait Selection area but others are not? Like Independent and Incredibly Friendly are in there but Frugal & Entreprenurial are not and I'm curious if there was a reason for this. Is it possible that all of the reward traits could be added to that section at some point. At the moment I've created another field for the missing traits but I'd rather they just all be in that one spot.

And because I love this family a lot HERE is my current family tree for them. We still in the first generation so it's very small but hopefully it will continue to grow big a strong!
    ~ ~ ~
    @3KNPen You can type traits and aspirations that are missing and it will save those too so you don't need to put them in a separate place.

@Karlia I'll take a look into the zoom issue. It should be a smooth zoom in and out to any level of zoom when scrolling.

@MadameLee to add trees to blogs you can embed them with an iframe once you have a published trees link. The homepage shows an example of this near the bottom with the code just below that. Though it may differ slightly depending on what blogging platform you're using.
    cmhREQk.png
    edited February 2018
    Current Issue/Bug

Hi all, I just wanted to post that there is currently an open issue with the plum tree where image uploads are being rejected for some users when they are too large. I'm working to try and resolve the issue and will update when it's resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update the issue appears to be fixed now
    Post edited by ThePlumtree on
    cmhREQk.png
  • MagritorobotMagritorobot Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, sorry for my English :/
    I did not find the information then I allows me to ask. There will be the function "search" to find more easily a sims when we have a big tree ? :)
    Thank you :smiley:
  • DorketteUniverseDorketteUniverse Posts: 30 Member
    Hi @ThePlumtree I've been playing the Sims since forever but have not signed-up in the forums until today, just to thank you for creating this awesome app. I'm super super happy stumbling upon this since it's helping me a lot in organizing my Sim families. I tend to play all families at the same time, so I've been looking for a great family-tree building tool and so glad I found yours. Thank you so much!! :)
    @ThePlumtree @ThePlumbob the plum app isn't letting me logged into any of my accounts and I think they're all connected to my annedoe account..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    :o Oh my god yes I want this~~ Ive always hated using family echo ;-; it always confuse me. Unfortunately I can seem to sign up and I wasnt sure why till I noticed the notice about the server having downtime issues.
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Is there everything ok with the app ? I'm trying to log in to my account to update some trees,but I can't get in. Login is saved on my computer, it should let me in. I've tried to reset the password, but it's not allowing me, shows error . Any suggestions what to do ?
    Is there everything ok with the app ? I'm trying to log in to my account to update some trees,but I can't get in. Login is saved on my computer, it should let me in. I've tried to reset the password, but it's not allowing me, shows error . Any suggestions what to do ?

@Feisbukaite servers down
    6adMCGP.gif