March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

Comments

• ekatya1ekatya1 Posts: 1 New Member
    @rosemow I'm so sorry to bother you but I've tried all of the above solutions (including refreshing the files, deleting Onedrive, etc) and I have legitimately bought this game off of the Origin app/portal. My problem is that only some CC show up, even if it is from an entire series and it's completely driving me bonkers.
    Should I delete and reinstall my game? Or is there something else I can do? I have Mod Manager. It also shows up on the Mods/CC list on the Startup screen. So far I think it only affects CAS, but I haven't gotten past CAS into build mode to find out.

Thanks in advance!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited December 2017
    ekatya1 wrote: »
    @rosemow I'm so sorry to bother you but I've tried all of the above solutions (including refreshing the files, deleting Onedrive, etc) and I have legitimately bought this game off of the Origin app/portal. My problem is that only some CC show up, even if it is from an entire series and it's completely driving me bonkers.
    Should I delete and reinstall my game? Or is there something else I can do? I have Mod Manager. It also shows up on the Mods/CC list on the Startup screen. So far I think it only affects CAS, but I haven't gotten past CAS into build mode to find out.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @ekatya1
    I am sorry that you are having issues :(

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the mods folder .
  • soapysoupsoapysoup Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello, I have tried sooooooo many things dear lord please help
    The cc won't show up in cas full edit mode
    I've extracted using 7zip, moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop (didn't generate a new one), updating in origin, repairing in origin, all the things I downloaded don't need mesh, I downloaded about 50-75 items yesterday; none of them have shown up, they're all in a mods folder inside my sims 4 folder, I don't have a OneDrive set up, and that's all I remember I did as of now.
    I'm in a desperate need of help
    Thank you
  • rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    *sigh*

I had about 100 different mods and CC downloaded and since I bought Cats and Dogs etc..and I tried a bunch of things and tried organizing my mods folder, but now all of my mods won't show up anywhere (including in Finder).. (yeah, I'm playing on a Mac because I don't have enough $$ to buy or make a higher end computer...
  • rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    I even tried restoring my mods from a backup and it just won't show a thing. I have the box ticked to enable CC and Script Mods but this feels more of a origin/Sims 4 technical problem than something I might've done? Idk..
    soapysoup wrote: »
    Hello, I have tried sooooooo many things dear lord please help
    The cc won't show up in cas full edit mode
    I've extracted using 7zip, moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop (didn't generate a new one), updating in origin, repairing in origin, all the things I downloaded don't need mesh, I downloaded about 50-75 items yesterday; none of them have shown up, they're all in a mods folder inside my sims 4 folder, I don't have a OneDrive set up, and that's all I remember I did as of now.
    I'm in a desperate need of help
    Thank you

Hello @soapysoup
    Try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    Some simmers have found that a mods folder had been incorrectly generated in their custom music folder. Check all the folders there as well.
    rh2006fan wrote: »
    *sigh*

I had about 100 different mods and CC downloaded and since I bought Cats and Dogs etc..and I tried a bunch of things and tried organizing my mods folder, but now all of my mods won't show up anywhere (including in Finder).. (yeah, I'm playing on a Mac because I don't have enough $$ to buy or make a higher end computer...

Hello @rh2006fan
    You may be best to post about your issues on a thread that another simmer has already started in the Mac section of the forums. Simmers there may be able to help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    @rosemow
    I just checked, and the mods are in the right place. Thank you for your advice though :)
    @rosemow
    I just checked, and the mods are in the right place. Thank you for your advice though :)

Are there no extra mods folders? Your mods /cc are in the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -mods folder where they should be, but there could be an additional mods folder that has been generated in the wrong section of the computer or sims 4 folder, and the game may be using the wrong mods folder instead,
    @rosemow
    There wasn't another mods folder outside of the sims 4 folder, but there was a mods folder in my mods folder; I deleted it. But, the cc still didn't appear.
    @rosemow
    There wasn't another mods folder outside of the sims 4 folder, but there was a mods folder in my mods folder; I deleted it. But, the cc still didn't appear.

I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
    Just tried it; it didn't generate a new one :/
    Thank you so much for helping <33
    Well that sounded sarcastic
    I really didn't mean it in that way... :worried:
    Just tried it; it didn't generate a new one :/
    Thank you so much for helping <33

There should have been a new mods folder generated :( I think that this may be a part of the issue. Is there possibly an extra sims 4 folder somewhere else on your computer? Could you perhaps check using the search bar to see if an extra sims 4 folder is anywhere on the computer? I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    There is a sims 4 folder where i moved it to, and one inside the ea folder- is there one I should get rid of?
    Hmm there's also a folder labeled Mods in there, but there's only one mod in there which is one I didn't add...
    I'm gonna try to move my Mods folder inside the ea sims 4 folder.
    ACKKKK IT WORKED
    ITWORKEDITWORKEDITWORKED
    THANK YOU SO MUCHH <<333
    edited January 2018
  • brieecheeseebrieecheesee Posts: 5 New Member
    Please help. I only began playing the sims a few weeks ago and after the patch update my sims disabled my CC. I looked it up and it said to tick the enable custom content and mods box, so I did. I restarted my game and it automatically disabled it again. So I thought I forgot to click apply changes, did it again and pressed apply changes... And it did it again. I've done it so many times now and it's getting so so so annoying. Nothing I'm doing is working and it seems no one else is having this problem. All my CC is in the mods and tray folders that they're suppose to be in but the game keeps automatically disabling the box. Pleaseee help!
    Please help. I only began playing the sims a few weeks ago and after the patch update my sims disabled my CC. I looked it up and it said to tick the enable custom content and mods box, so I did. I restarted my game and it automatically disabled it again. So I thought I forgot to click apply changes, did it again and pressed apply changes... And it did it again. I've done it so many times now and it's getting so so so annoying. Nothing I'm doing is working and it seems no one else is having this problem. All my CC is in the mods and tray folders that they're suppose to be in but the game keeps automatically disabling the box. Pleaseee help!

Hello @brieecheesee
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    > @rosemow said:
    > brieecheesee wrote: »
    >
    > Please help. I only began playing the sims a few weeks ago and after the patch update my sims disabled my CC. I looked it up and it said to tick the enable custom content and mods box, so I did. I restarted my game and it automatically disabled it again. So I thought I forgot to click apply changes, did it again and pressed apply changes... And it did it again. I've done it so many times now and it's getting so so so annoying. Nothing I'm doing is working and it seems no one else is having this problem. All my CC is in the mods and tray folders that they're suppose to be in but the game keeps automatically disabling the box. Pleaseee help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @brieecheesee
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Okay, thank you. I'll do that and if nothing works I'll let you know!
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Please help. I only began playing the sims a few weeks ago and after the patch update my sims disabled my CC. I looked it up and it said to tick the enable custom content and mods box, so I did. I restarted my game and it automatically disabled it again. So I thought I forgot to click apply changes, did it again and pressed apply changes... And it did it again. I've done it so many times now and it's getting so so so annoying. Nothing I'm doing is working and it seems no one else is having this problem. All my CC is in the mods and tray folders that they're suppose to be in but the game keeps automatically disabling the box. Pleaseee help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @brieecheesee
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Okay, thank you. I'll do that and if nothing works I'll let you know!

You’re welcome :)
    Try also deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > brieecheesee wrote: »
    > >
    > > Please help. I only began playing the sims a few weeks ago and after the patch update my sims disabled my CC. I looked it up and it said to tick the enable custom content and mods box, so I did. I restarted my game and it automatically disabled it again. So I thought I forgot to click apply changes, did it again and pressed apply changes... And it did it again. I've done it so many times now and it's getting so so so annoying. Nothing I'm doing is working and it seems no one else is having this problem. All my CC is in the mods and tray folders that they're suppose to be in but the game keeps automatically disabling the box. Pleaseee help!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @brieecheesee
    > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > Okay, thank you. I'll do that and if nothing works I'll let you know!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You’re welcome :)
    > Try also deleting the cache files and see if that helps

Unfortunately repairing the game didn't help at all. Whenever I go onto the game and check if it's worked this time, it obviously hasn't but script mods has been ticked and custom content/mods hasn't. I don't know why it does this, it's almost like my apply changes button isn't working. I don't know if that has anything to do with it either but my Sims takes forever to exit (around an hour) so I just restart my computer. I don't have an amazing gaming computer so that might be why, but is there a restart button that I'm missing or something? And there's nothing in my cache folders. Does that matter?
    @rosemow I hope I'm not rushing you but I'm starting to get very stressed out because everything I've tried hasn't worked. I put sims in windowed mode on accident and now whenever I open the game it will just say that it's not responding and crash, then make me restart my laptop. Please please please help me asap.