Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Sims 1
    Still remember that first tutorial with Bob Newbie :D I was so excited
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Sims 1
    yay Sims 1. Remember how much fun I had!!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    Sims 1
    My mom actually had Sims 1 when I was around 6 or 7, and I was so fascinated with the building aspect, I was immediately hooked! Nowadays, I like playing for the family aspects, but I still love building and interior design!
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 Posts: 52 Member
    Sims 3
    Though, ive always wanted to start from the first generation (even though it doesnt matter where you start) I started from sims 3 and had the pets expansion
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Sims 3
    I started with Sims 3 but Sims 4 is the best!

Sims 4 for the win! O/
  • GwaeriGwaeri Posts: 350 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with The Sims 1, after having made a deal with my parents to uninstall it from the computer after each play because it ate up almost all of our hard drive space! I gradually bought second hand expansion packs from various game shops for a few pounds each and started making content for it as soon as I learned how.

I initially didn't want The Sims 2 because I didn't like the thought of my Sims dying, but my aunt and uncle bought me the holiday stuff pack for Christmas one year, thinking I had the base game. I became curious as the box art looked fun so wound up with a copy of the base game and fell in love with it. It helped me through many years of chronic illness and I dug deeply into creating CC for it. I joined various communities and made some good friends.

The Sims 3 base game was bought for me as a gift after I graduated from school as I was still extremely ill but managed to do my final exams. I gradually picked up expansion packs as I found them on offer or asked for them for birthdays/Christmases. I liked the open world, although missed being able to play rotationally (so kept going back to Sims 2 from time-to-time), but really loved the collectables (I'm a crazy bug lady so catching and displaying insects was awesome) and the customisation.

I had a go at The Sims 4 through Origin's free trial and am not entirely sure if I want to buy the game or not (which is why I'm scouring the Sims 4 forums to try and come to a decision as I have vouchers and want to make use of the sale). I think the upgrades to CAS are excellent, and some of the features really appeal to me, but I'm still struggling to make up my mind.

I also played SimCity 3000 (but not SimCity 4 for some reason). Love reading about others' experiences with the games!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited January 2018
    To be honest :
    Sims 4 base game is much prettier but less fun than Sims 3 base game.
    However with just a few packs it's my favorite Sims.
    So basically if you can afford Get Together, Get To Work, then yes, go for it, IMHO.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Sims 3
    I technically started with the sims 3, but I'd go to my friends house and play a little bit of sims 2. She was the one to introduce me to the series.
    C0gfE.gif
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Sims 3
    I also had a sims game for the Xbox. Bustin out, I think. The one with the black eyed peas songs lol.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Sims 3
    I really started off with The Sims 2 Castaway and My Sims Kingdom on Wii and only watched my mother playing The Sims Bustin' Out as a kid. But Sims 3 was the first PC sims game I've ever played extensively. It was the thing that drove me to love simming.

At first, I didn't like Sims 4 at all when I played it at release. But, that was due to me owning every Sims 3 pack (which made me used to having everything), there being no toddlers, and because base games alone are just BORING -- which includes Sims 3's base game as well. Boring. But as I got more and more packs and the updates continued coming, Sims 4 has become my favorite PC Sims game. I also enjoy Sims 2, but I'm new to the controls and still learning.

Recently, I played Sims 3 again and I couldn't play for more than 30 minutes because I just missed multitasking and other Sims 4 features too much. It was that moment where I realized that those features had me spoiled lol. The speediness of TS4 also has us spoiled in this. Sims 3 will always be my baby though and I will eventually get to trying out all my store content when I'm up for it. <3
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sims 4
    I started playing sims 4.
  • yellowreeyellowree Posts: 126 Member
    Sims 3
    I started with Sims 3, in 2015. I had no packs, so I hated it. However, I bought my first expansion, which was pets, and I didn't even know about Sims 4 until late 2016... but anyway, I kept buying Sims 3 packs, and then for Christmas I got Sims 4. When I first got it, I was REALLY excited, but when I started to play, I hated it. I went back to Sims 3. A couple months later, I think I bought Get to Work. I played some more, but I still didn't like it. But, after that, I kept buyings Sims 4 packs, and sooner than later, I was barley playing Sims 3. So, ya.
    *pees ur pants*
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Sims 4
    Well, technically I started playing TS3 at a friend's house, but since that was one time and I barely remember a thing I say I started with TS4.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • figrollzxoxfigrollzxox Posts: 20 Member
    Sims 4
    I stole and played ts2 on my bro's psp, but only for like 2 hrs bc of the ghosts! I started playing ts4 about a year ago and have been ever since, so I'd say ts4
    ☕️☕️☕️
  • j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    Sims 4
    I've loved every installment of the Sims. Of course there are things from past installments that I miss but I have been generally happy with each new version.
  • ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Sims 1
    I also had a sims game for the Xbox. Bustin out, I think. The one with the black eyed peas songs lol.

My god that takes me back, I think the one with black eyed peas was the Urbz.

• CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1. I think I had been playing SimCity and had enjoyed it enough to check out The Sims. I loved Sims 2 and had all the EPs. At some point, my PC was dying and then I had grad school and debt and stuff so I entirely skipped Sims 3.
  • Zukia113Zukia113 Posts: 4 New Member
    Started with Sims 1. I still used cheats, good old Rosebud, and remember filling a house full of some kinda red bubble ikea-esque lamps at my little brothers request. :D
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sims 1
    Started with The Sims, bought it on release day. Rushed to the shops in my local town to get it....
    It was very hard to play at first. First family of course was The Newbies. I remember it was very hard to satisfy your Sims and they released a patch to make it easier to play. Patches came on PC magazine covers on floppy disk too lol.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • PatiPatouPatiPatou Posts: 46 Member
    Sims 1
    The Sims 1, but didn't play for long because my laptop at the time could not handle well the game. When 2 came around I did play a bit more, skipped 3 for lack of time and got into 4 after a year or so after the release.

A good friend offered me her sims 3 collection and I'm thinking about it, since the idea of playing a full game appeals to me.
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    Sims 3
    I miss the previous iterations of the game. Sims 4 just doesn't live up to the hype and potential imo, but I don't really think that's an unpopular opinion anyways
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    Sims 3
    Rippp I meant to click sims 2
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Sims 3
    I started with The Sims 3 in 2013. I hesitantly bought The Sims 4 in 2016. I almost returned it. Yes, it has a ton of issues and shortcomings. I don't wish to make excuses for the Sims team in any way, but I just love the game for what it is. I do get frustrated sometimes, but I treat Sims as an outlet so I don't let that cloud the aspects of the game that I do love. I'm greatful for the time I do get to spend on Sims because it is an escape from my life. Though I would be thrilled if some much missed aspects from previous Sims games or even new ideas were brought to Sims 4.
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    Sims 4
    As well as 11% of the people that voted, I started with the Sims 4. I first heard of it when it came out and watched a ton of building videos. I remember I always looked up to this one youtuber and thought to myself wow, if only I could build and decorate like that. Flash forward a couple years with a gaming computer and the sims 4, and I am happy to say past me would be so proud of how far I've come with decorating :)
    origin id: lanathesimmer
  • OneCrazySimmerOneCrazySimmer Posts: 13 New Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3. I remember my sister plays sims 1 when I was little but I was never allowed to play (Nor would I have been able to, I was only like 4 years old). My parents didn't want me playing it just because they deemed it inappropriate (Purely because sims could woohoo :neutral: ). When I was 12 I managed to convince my mum to let me buy Sims 3 (It was very cheap at this point considering Sims 4 was coming out in a few months). I played it a lot then bought Sims 4 a few months after it came out. I did, however, secretly play Sims Free play on my phone when I was about 10 years old.