Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realism or Fantasy

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Realism
    I voted for Realism, since that is how I mostly play. I do have a separate save to get my Fantasy-fix though, because I do love that as well. If we’re given more lifestates in the future, I can see myself starting to play more fantasy-based saves.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Fantasy
    Fantasy, definitely! Every time I try to do a realistic save, I'm only able to last a single generation before my families are overrun with vampires and aliens. Dying to get some more supernatural types so I can mix things up even more!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2018
    Realism
    I am for more realistic gameplay. The only fantasy I play, is to make the entire world match my very strict conservative and Christian values.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Fantasy
    I chose Fantasy because -

In the REAL world, there is NO "motherlode"! :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Realism
    I voted for realism but makes me wonder why not both. There should be an option to vote for both.
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Fantasy
    Iplay the sims to escape reality, so I'm team fantsy. That being said, I do enjoy realism. However, even in my super realistic, no alien and vampire playthroughs, there's still some silliness. I still have elves and anime characters running around.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Realism
    I actually have a lot of fantastical and alien sims but I still put them into realistic lives with realistic problems.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Realism
    I want a good balance of both.

There was no such option however.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm more inclined to vote realism as I try to keep out aliens and vampires from my "normal" saves.
    Then again, I'd hate for the game to be super realistic, I like the Sims for being the Sims which is a different kind of reality. I mean, the game isn't the same without Grimmy, cowplants and ghosts. Or rocket ships and the bottomless invisible backpacks we call inventories.
    Also, I do have several saves with aliens and/or vampires and I love playing those just as much. I really should get back to playing/writing my vampire story, I left off at an interesting point in the backstory part.
    So I'll go for undecided/equally.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    Realism
    I mean the Sims is a mix of both. If it was 100% realistic, or 100% fantasy I don't know whether or not I would enjoy it. I prefer the realistic touch to the games, but I also like to toy around with some more of the weird/fantasy things to spice the game up every once in a while.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Fantasy
    I wish there was a "both" button, I play both but I don't like them mixed
    I like my realistic household I'm playing to be realistic (no vampires or other occults)
    But I'm playing fantasy I try to make as much supernatural as possible..
    Anyone play like me? It's simple "everything must be in it's place"
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Fantasy
    Fantasy... but it still has to feel at least a little bit realistic to me, if you know what I mean. :sweat_smile: For example, I had to come up with a whole theory behind how Vampires came to exist and want my Aliens and Vampires to be disguised at all times - unless they're in Forgotten Hollow, that is. I don't like having ghosts walk casually around but can live with things like Ghost Night where they all come out to play. I do have a few hybrids but I want them to remain a rarity because, again, I don't want too many supernatural beings just casually walking around and actually play that not all Sims even know about the supernatural. Grim Reaper... he just does his own thing in my game. Couldn't possibly control him - he can literally always be found at the Honey Pop Karaoke Bar dancing to karaoke music, drinking some bar drinks, occasionally singing some karaoke himself, leaving black puddles everywhere... :joy: But Grim is just such a big part of The Sims - I could never go without him.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Realism
    I play mostly realism, although I have played both. Admittedly, it was only while my sim was in the scientist career, and had a lot of fun with it.
    I am disappointed with the ghosts in this game. They are too life-like, and I find my sims' lack of reaction to death or ghosts very unrealistic so I don't include them in my gameplay.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    Fantasy
    I chose fantasy because one of my current sims is a witch (Sims 3) and I like the ghosts.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Fantasy
    I love my fantasy with just a little dash of realism, or is it realism with just a dash of fantasy? :lol: Either way I love my supernaturals and only wished we had witches, werewolves, and, yes, even fairies. I can do without zombies unless they make them less annoying.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Fantasy
    The whole thing is fantasy. :D
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Fantasy
    Reality is boring! :D #aliensforever #grilledcheeseiswhereit'sat
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Both.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I find it rather hard to answer. In previous iteration I wasn't really into Supernatural stuff, not quite because of being against them, they were just kind of... boring. In TS4 however, my current favourite save is the vampire family. There's a lot of realistic storytelling in there but I also have some fantasy plans for them - and I have a lot of fun with that :) I also like TS4 Aliens that can be easly handled in more realistic way (with disguises and all).
    To sum up, I guess I'd say it's both for me.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Fantasy
    I voted fantasy since I don't mind vampires/aliens running around, and I tend to keep gravestones out so that ghost relatives can visit, but that's it for me. Other than that, I'm very much a realistic player.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Fantasy
    I would love both!!!!! How about like Lord of the rings and Star trek!!!!!!!! Please do packs like that as well please!!!!!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Fantasy
    Fantasy all the way. I need all of the crazy, fantastical stuff to properly reflect my insane imagination onto my sims' world. I didn't play shopping and dress-up with my Barbies and I like magic, mutants, and mayhem with my sims too.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Fantasy
    I love fantasy! But, like so many, strictly one or the other would be very boring. I used to play Sims to escape realism irl, lol.

A good example of how I play is...after the laundry sp comes out, my vampire will have to wash his clothes before he goes out to feed. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    A bit of both. I've always loved how seamlessly the two blend in the sims; you have to go to work to pay the bills, but it's OK because you're a vampire and the grim reaper just took a group selfie at your party!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Both. I tend to prefer realism, and hate ghost. But I like a little of the fantasy. I don't mind aliens and don't have but will eventually get vampires. I couldn't imagine the sims without a little of the fantasy.