Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game shipped broken, I can't even use my game as a paperweight!

2...Next

Comments

• ILuvBritneySpearsILuvBritneySpears Posts: 14 New Member
    [quote="jackjack_k;c-16176614"][quote="@mirta000;c-16176611"]LGR said that it took him 2 hours to build a house that he could build on the PC in 5 minutes simply because thumbsticks are way too sensitive and there's no way to tweak their sensitivity in the settings :/[/quote]

It's a mess. Like, some people on forums said it was actually decent if you're used to TS3 console controls, which I am, but these are HIDEOUS.

I only ordered after the initial 'early access' went live, and players started giving feedback. Most people said they were similar to TS3 but they are nothing like it, and probably only "tolerating it" because it's been a 3 and 1/4 year wait vs less than 12 months.

I prefer playing on my console just because I'm sick of my laptop getting hot because I'm in the middle of nowhere in Australia NSW, and it gets really hot here. Even with a cooling mat it gets way to hot, and I can't afford to replace it with another 2k laptop, but I can afford a $400 console.
    Console's just seem to have better cooling management, and better warranty service. [/quote]
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    How do you use the controls I am put off making an entire family in CAS because I can't figure out how to use them.

What console are you playing on? On XB1 the left center button switches the cursor between the foreground and background. When the cursor is in the foreground mode it will only work with the UI buttons (no matter if you are in CAS build/buy, or live mode), when it is in background mode the cursor should be visible and it works like a mouse. The background mode is the mode that you will use the most as it’s how everything aside from UI buttons is used.

I’ve fiddled around with the Xbox version, and I was not a super huge fan of the controls. I’m not sure how efficient it would be to overhaul a games entire control setup post-release so I doubt they will change, but I found the near constant back-and-forth to be exhausting. What takes 10 minutes on a PC takes a lot longer on a console - not because it’s difficult to understand, because the game is using the same simplified tools, the controls are just setup badly and consume a lot of time switching between modes and navigating UI panels that you were previously on but had to close to switch the cursor mode, move the camera, move an object, or even undo (yes you can only undo from the background cursor mode. The same button brings up search when the UI mode is enabled)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited December 2017
    How do you use the controls I am put off making an entire family in CAS because I can't figure out how to use them.

What console are you playing on? On XB1 the left center button switches the cursor between the foreground and background. When the cursor is in the foreground mode it will only work with the UI buttons (no matter if you are in CAS build/buy, or live mode), when it is in background mode the cursor should be visible and it works like a mouse. The background mode is the mode that you will use the most as it’s how everything aside from UI buttons is used.

I’ve fiddled around with the Xbox version, and I was not a super huge fan of the controls. I’m not sure how efficient it would be to overhaul a games entire control setup post-release so I doubt they will change, but I found the near constant back-and-forth to be exhausting. What takes 10 minutes on a PC takes a lot longer on a console - not because it’s difficult to understand, because the game is using the same simplified tools, the controls are just setup badly and consume a lot of time switching between modes and navigating UI panels that you were previously on but had to close to switch the cursor mode, move the camera, move an object, or even undo (yes you can only undo from the background cursor mode. The same button brings up search when the UI mode is enabled)
    I figured out some and its the Xbox One I figured out how to pan the camera to get to the spice district. I just don't know how to set it so I can use it like the PC is there a way to do that otherwise this version is very confusing. Since I have an EP I wanted to give it a chance but if its going to be to hard to use the controls and since I have everything on PC that one will be my go to. I realize this isn't going to be the PC version because no mods and everything but I was to intimidated in CAS to even make more then one sim because I have no idea how you are suppose to make a sim in the console version that easily.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Kivi1118Kivi1118 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have bought Sims 4 on Xbox One last night, now I am frustrated because the bugs that kill the game. In building mode, for example I build a wall, if want to go back to the menu where I can choose other walltypes or whatever, sometimes it is enough to press the B-Button a few times (1-5 times), but often I have to smash the B-Button very very often until I get a response from the bugged game. What the hell is wrong here? I tested three Controllers, with all I have the same problem. There is also a bug, where I can't place concrete on a flat roof, I have to build the rooms, where that happens, new to fix that. I hope, that will be fixed in the very near future, I am really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off.