Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Jungle Adventure Game Pack

Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
A new adventure GP is coming to "The Sims 4" in the first quarter of 2018!

Here's the news: Announcement of GP

What do think of the theme?
When do you think it will be released exactly? Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
Are you considering to buy it?
What would be the perfect title? Jungle Adventure
Any ideas for one or two gameplay object(s)?
  1. New radio stations: Latin Pop and Traditional Latin
  2. New skills: Selvadoradean Culture and Archaeology
  3. New objects: Pop Up Archaeology Work Bench and Portable Toddler Bed (available for everyone via patch)
  4. New collections: Ancient Omiscan Artifacts and Omiscan Treasures
  5. New lot traits: Creepy Crawlies and Peace and Quiet
  6. New collectables: Avocados, Black Beans and Tree of Emotions (includes seven different kinds of berries)
Let the speculation begin!
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
Post edited by Erja888 on

Comments

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's a picture of the icon: GP1.png
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like it
    I like the theme a lot.
    I really don't know about the release date sorry.
    Yup.
    Again I wouldn't know.
    Hopefully dress up like Indiana Jones.
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    I wish we had a game pack about bands. :(
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    hmmm I don't know about adventure themed. It could be an island pack with a chance to run into a skelly but who knows. Did they mention an adventure pack anywhere or is that speculation?

I wish I could get excited but I don't know enough. The one thing I can get excited about is that it is a game pack and I am usually very happy with game packs.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I'm still unsure what to think about it since i'm not fully sure what it is. If it's "just" an adventure pack than I'd have to pass. WA was one of the first ever sim expansions I had ever uninstalled from the sims (long story on that :lol: ). So I know I'm definitely not going down that road if that's truly is the case.

If it's a combination of a vacation with optional adventure events, then I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

But on the other hand, if it is the former, perhaps this could mean a vacation-ish pack could be somewhere down the pipe. Maybe their dividing them? lol who knows?

Personally, I'd just hope there's something for all ages to do.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Looks like a Mayan adventure or lifestyle pack. So there might be curses and lizards and stuff in them.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    There is a skeleton in the teaser! so I am hoping it is a Indiana Jones type pack, Since I already had made Indy from when Sims 4 started, now he will have a place to go to in My game, :)
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    hmmm. I am reserving judgment 'til I see more, but I probably will still get. I guess this teaser was seriously teasing, no?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Since the icon itself has a Mayan flavor and the teaser showed bits of ruins, someone turning into a skeleton, and possible exploration and/or adventure, I'm going to guess that the pack might be called something like, "The Lost Island", or "The Cursed Mountain" or "Danger Island" or perhaps something like "Explorer" or "Ancient Ruins".

I'm wondering if this pack might have been inspired by the "Dangerous" theme that was being voted on back when we thought we were getting an Eco Living stuff pack. It could possibly include some dangerous exploration, a few curses, and new ways for sims to die. But I think it could also possibly contain some archaeology and ancient ruins for build/buy, as well as exotic jungle plants and Aztec designs. Kind of an "Indiana Jones in Mesoamerica" vibe. Maybe there are riddles and puzzles to get into old temple pyramids and jungle mazes. I'd also love to see some exotic animals like jaguars, serpents, and the legendary Quetzacoatl.

But I'm being really hopeful about this. It could, of course, just be a regular vacation isle with a single place to explore and get a skeleton curse.
    #Team Occult
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I really hope it comes with lots of exploring and adventuring. And some less adventurous/more touristy things for people who don't like puzzle solving.
    I loved WA, it's the only reason I sometimes go back to TS3 (even if it's glitchy). I even have a TS4 version of my TS3 adventurer Archer who will be very pleased with this pack. I'm definitely buying (then again, I have all packs, so that's not really surprising).

Archer:
    TS3
    tumblr_ohmplf9ux51v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    TS4
    tumblr_ojpxtzlnE31v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ojpxtzlnE31v8k7elo4_1280.jpg

I'm guessing it'll come out mid-March - the latest possible for "winter". As we'll most likely get Laundry Day sometime this month and we'll probably get some free, Valentine's themed stuff in February. That's my guess.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    I liked WA as well. The mummies scared the crap out of me though, and I needed some walkthroughs, but the gameplay was seriously fun.
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    Based on the trailer (which gives so little info!) I agree it is most likely an adventure pack. Hopefully it will have more than laughing skeletons. I was really looking forward to a vacation pack darn.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    Based on the trailer (which gives so little info!) I agree it is most likely an adventure pack. Hopefully it will have more than laughing skeletons. I was really looking forward to a vacation pack darn.

That wasn't a trailer, it was the quarterly teaser which gives you a small hint about the theme of the pack(s).

I loved WA so I like the theme and I will definitely buy it. I wish it were coming out tomorrow but it will probably drop in March. My guess for it's title is Jungle Adventure because it's an adventure in the jungle. I hope there are traps and puzzles in some sort of hidden temple adventure, but we'll just have to see.
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I loved the tomb puzzles. I hope they come back!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    A new adventure GP is coming to "The Sims 4" in the first quarter of 2018!

Here's the news: Announcement of GP

What do think of the theme?
    When do you think it will be released exactly?
    Are you considering to buy it?
    What would be the perfect title?
    Any ideas for one or two gameplay object(s)?

Let the speculation begin!

I'm guessing sleeping bags and maybe picnic baskets as the gameplay objects.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    AgentJulia wrote: »

That wasn't a trailer, it was the quarterly teaser which gives you a small hint about the theme of the pack(s).

I loved WA so I like the theme and I will definitely buy it. I wish it were coming out tomorrow but it will probably drop in March. My guess for it's title is Jungle Adventure because it's an adventure in the jungle. I hope there are traps and puzzles in some sort of hidden temple adventure, but we'll just have to see.

I'd rather it come in February. I hate waiting.
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    @ Catloverplayer I don't mind waiting, it's only till March anyway. Waiting means they have more time to test and perfect it instead of rushing out a thing that was have to test at our own sims peril. You ppl need to be more patient. Why I remember when your only choice was to mail order stuff and you sent in a little slip of paper with it called a check and then you waited a couple of months and by then you forgot something was coming then one day you'd get a box in the mail and it was that thing you ordered. LOL

• JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    *Should be we have to test*
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Indiana Jones themed maybe..?
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I hope this GP includes a new death type.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Since the icon itself has a Mayan flavor and the teaser showed bits of ruins, someone turning into a skeleton, and possible exploration and/or adventure, I'm going to guess that the pack might be called something like, "The Lost Island", or "The Cursed Mountain" or "Danger Island" or perhaps something like "Explorer" or "Ancient Ruins".

I'm wondering if this pack might have been inspired by the "Dangerous" theme that was being voted on back when we thought we were getting an Eco Living stuff pack. It could possibly include some dangerous exploration, a few curses, and new ways for sims to die. But I think it could also possibly contain some archaeology and ancient ruins for build/buy, as well as exotic jungle plants and Aztec designs. Kind of an "Indiana Jones in Mesoamerica" vibe. Maybe there are riddles and puzzles to get into old temple pyramids and jungle mazes. I'd also love to see some exotic animals like jaguars, serpents, and the legendary Quetzacoatl.

But I'm being really hopeful about this. It could, of course, just be a regular vacation isle with a single place to explore and get a skeleton curse.

That would be so cool! Now I'm really hoping it is like this haha I'd buy it for that dangerous element. Maybe the puzzle is trying to get into the temple or find the way out of the temple. I noticed the skeleton with the hat and I also thought it would be a new death or just skeletons that live within the ruins. If it is a new death, it would probably follow the career path for archaeologist (maybe its an interactive career and they go to ruins to do tasks) or becoming a skeleton will be a side effect from an event or drink within the ruins.

With all that being said, I think this will be part of the pack:
    • Tools for exploring or excavating
    • Sleeping bags
    • Skeletons (as NPCs living in temples or new death type)
    • Souvenirs (maybe cursed skull or random artifacts)
    • Puzzles to get into or out of the temple
    • Natives to the island (hopefully sims can learn new hand gestures and sayings like in sims 2)
    • New Career: Archaeologist/Adventurer
    • New skill, maybe Research or Pottery?
    • New items to craft
    • New seeds to plant
    • New adventurer outfits/accessories
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• AenmondAenmond Posts: 31 Member
    I think this can be a great pack, probably with a mayan style. Here are some ideas and speculations:

- Maybe we'll be able to explore ruins and find out mysteries about ancient civilizations, along with their treasures.

- Dungeons are another possibility. Dungeons could have traps (which you can disarm with the Handiness skill), secret doors, skeleton guards (with the charisma skill you could avoid a fight by talking to the skeleton), other puzzles and of course more treasures.

- New traits and aspirations. I belive an Adventure Lover aspiration is very likely to exist.

- I have different ideas about skeletons. It might be a curse (coming from the skeleton guards previously mentioned). Or what if now you sometimes fail resurecting a ghost? For example, if the ambrosia isn't well cooked the ghost becomes a skeleton as a punishment.

- Collectibles such as snakes, crystals, metals, etc.

- The treasures would be simoleons, collectibles, books, magical artifacts, statues, others. A magical artifact I imagine is a rod of transformation, which lets you transform sims into skeletons or maybe also other life states such as vampires if you have the pack.

We have only seen some seconds of the pack, so it's too soon to say for sure what it will or will not have, but still, we can give ideas.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

That would be so cool! Now I'm really hoping it is like this haha I'd buy it for that dangerous element. Maybe the puzzle is trying to get into the temple or find the way out of the temple. I noticed the skeleton with the hat and I also thought it would be a new death or just skeletons that live within the ruins. If it is a new death, it would probably follow the career path for archaeologist (maybe its an interactive career and they go to ruins to do tasks) or becoming a skeleton will be a side effect from an event or drink within the ruins.

With all that being said, I think this will be part of the pack:
    • Tools for exploring or excavating
    • Sleeping bags
    • Skeletons (as NPCs living in temples or new death type)
    • Souvenirs (maybe cursed skull or random artifacts)
    • Puzzles to get into or out of the temple
    • Natives to the island (hopefully sims can learn new hand gestures and sayings like in sims 2)
    • New Career: Archaeologist/Adventurer
    • New skill, maybe Research or Pottery?
    • New items to craft
    • New seeds to plant
    • New adventurer outfits/accessories

I would love an archaeology career. I made a sim last year whose backstory included a career in archaeology, and this would really bring him closer to how I envisioned him. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Question -

Do you think the skeleton COULD be a clue to us possibly getting a Bonehilda soon?

Back to topic -

I'm thinking that it might be a Mayan ruins pack.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Question -

Do you think the skeleton COULD be a clue to us possibly getting a Bonehilda soon?

Back to topic -

I'm thinking that it might be a Mayan ruins pack.

That would be a wonderful clue. I miss Bonehilda.