Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving my blog of the drifter challenge to wordpress, because then people can follow the blog. What do you think? Is it a good idea, or is it better if all chapters are in the same place?

You should be able to transfer everything from your blog to WP. I did it when I moved from Blogger. I think I remember you being on Weebly right? I found a tutorial: How to Properly Move from Weebly.

With my Blogger chapters, it kept the comments and everything. I did have to go back into every chapter and change my links I'd made to the next chapter. Hope this helped! I don't regret moving in the least and recommend WP to everyone.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Rainydayz179, Yes I am on wordpress. Though I haven't used it in ages. I didn't know you could move things. Thank you so much for the link! I'll give it a go.
    Post edited by illusie on
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179, Yes I am on wordpress. Though I haven't used it in ages. I didn't know you could move things. Thank you so much for the link! I'll give it a go.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Everything is transferred! :) But yikes, it says I have 400+ posts! :o On the weebly site I had a few different blog pages, now all seems to be in 1 blog. I'll have to make an index for it.
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Question about school projects. So far, I've just been deleting the school projects from my heir and heir's sibling's inventories, but I did notice that the sim I control has the option to "influence" working on school projects. As far as I can tell, this is only an option if the project box is placed on the lot. Since we can allow the sims we control to influence their kids to do homework, can I have place the project on the lot and then have the sim I control influence his children to work on them?
  • Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    @CommaSplice since you can take things out of nonplayable sims inventory, they yes you can get your control sim to influences his/her child to do them.
  • Options
    Everything is transferred! :) But yikes, it says I have 400+ posts! :o On the weebly site I had a few different blog pages, now all seems to be in 1 blog. I'll have to make an index for it.

That's great! And wow, that's a lot! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Rainydayz179, thank you! Apparently I have been posting on weebly since 2013.

For some reason it didn't transfer chapter 10.07 to 12.03 :/
  • Options
    > @Nakendra said:
    > @CommaSplice since you can take things out of nonplayable sims inventory, they yes you can get your control sim to influences his/her child to do them.

Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @mojot89 I read your last three updates but I couldn't comment for some reason.
    I do have to say that I love the way the house is coming along and boy was that a surprise with the abduction and the alien twins. Congrats on getting all the essences. Hailey is very pretty and hopefully she ages up soon and you can move on.

@Illusie I did catch up on yours but not sure if that was before or after you moved the blog.

• Options
    Thanks @Piazzagirl1015. Thank you. It's after I moved my blog, but several of my drifter challenge chaptesr were not moved. So strange! I'll move them by hand when I have time.
  • Options
    Next question--I apologize for posting it here, but it looks like the thread for house 003 is still gone.

Looking at the rules for house 003, I see this: "Upon reaching level 10 in both Gardening and Fishing you may now Build or Place a Park on the Desert Bloom Park Lot in Oasis Springs. This lot, Hare Square Lot in Windenburg, Myshuno Meadows Lot in San Myshuno as well as The Grotto (off the park in Oasis Springs) are now considered unlocked and can be visited (please see the Where You Can Travel section for requirements)"

What about the park at Willow Creek? Is that part of this or unlocked with a future house? Thanks.
  • Options
    The park in Willow creek is still unlocked during house 3. I'm pretty sure we will get to built on it later on in the challenge, but I don't know when.
  • Options
    I never thought about the park lot in Willow Creek until now. Mine is empty also. I guess we will wait and see.
  • Options
    @mojot89 Congrats on finishing house 3 and I wish you the best of luck with house 4.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 congrats on completing house 3! Good luck with the next one!
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    1st off....I'm afraid that the House 003 will most likely NOT b coming back here! I was working w/someone 2 help recover it...but then I've not heard anything in quite some time...so I'm guessing it's a lost cause! Which is REALLY unfortunate!

@CommaSplice Magnolia Blossom (park) Community Lot will b used later on in the challenge....so it's NOT available for travel or park placement =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    > @Vihisha said:

> @CommaSplice Magnolia Blossom (park) Community Lot will b used later on in the challenge....so it's NOT available for travel or park placement =)

Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    1st off....I'm afraid that the House 003 will most likely NOT b coming back here! I was working w/someone 2 help recover it...but then I've not heard anything in quite some time...so I'm guessing it's a lost cause! Which is REALLY unfortunate!

That's too bad Vi! Did they say what on earth happened to it?
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    *waves* Hey, remember me? Thinking about getting back into this. I had to check what house I ended with last time, looks like it was 13 so I'd be starting on 14. I don't have my old file so I'd be starting with a new family. Will it be aliens? Ugly sims? Ugly alien sims? Perhaps I could bring back dear Randolf...decisions, decisions!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hi @MocaJava *waves*. I think you should get back into this challenge. It's fun :smile: I'm currently playing house 13.

Good luck with deciding which family to play with. If you have pictures of your family you could try to recreate the last heir. Or ask the D.N.A. request team to recreate the sim for you *pokes siggy*
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Question: Am I allowed to choose "Go to work" for a non-active sim in my Drifter Challenge? For example if s/he is into the politics career? What will happen if I ignore the memo? Will s/he be fired eventually?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi, I really want to try this but I was just looking for the rules for house number 3 and I can't access them on this site. Does anyone know if they can be found anywhere else? I'm kind of weird about doing things in order and being a bit of a completionist so I don't want to start until I've checked all 24 challenges out.
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    @Workingmum8 you can find the rules for house 3 here. For some reason, the thread for house 3 on this site was deleted a few months ago. But luckily, Vi has all the rules on blogger as well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top