Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Year Game Resolutions

I rarely make New Year Resolutions because I know that I rarely keep them.

However for TS3 I thought a few resolutions would not hurt and would perhaps help keep my game running smoothly. I invite you all to add your own :)

Remembering to save and rename each game rather than just save and quit.

Remembering to backup regularly, in my case to an external hard drive.

Saving a copy of each sim as I create them and removing earlier versions from the saves bin.

Clearing out my customisable content regularly and only saving what I will definitely use again. So many wallpapers !

To have fun. If the game or the building project has become a chore why continue with it ? Who knows a fresh start might bring something much better that makes you want to play for hours without noticing the time :D
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    1) To actually get past three generatiosn again with a more less cheat-free, fun gameplay-filled family.
    2) And, for that matter, get to generation 2 of my current family succesfully
    3) Don't.make.a.heavily.scened.story.you.won't.finish.again.
    4) Have fun in the game - even when I don't manage to do the previous things because of it.
    5) Maybe start using a little less custom content again.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a few myself.
    1)Make it into the next generation in my legacy challenge in Deery Meadows.
    2)Get Logan settled and start getting the reisdents there into later generations.
    3)Get to the second or third generation in my 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County.
    4)Keep using the Mods and CC that enhances my game and use awsomemod to keep school routing from becoming a nightmare in larger worlds by having automated assignment disabled.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've got a few myself.
    1)Make it into the next generation in my legacy challenge in Deery Meadows.
    2)Get Logan settled and start getting the reisdents there into later generations.
    3)Get to the second or third generation in my 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County.
    4)Keep using the Mods and CC that enhances my game and use awsomemod to keep school routing from becoming a nightmare in larger worlds by having automated assignment disabled.

Sounds like you are a lot more organised than I am. Good Luck getting it all completed :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    1) To actually get past three generatiosn again with a more less cheat-free, fun gameplay-filled family.
    2) And, for that matter, get to generation 2 of my current family succesfully
    3) Don't.make.a.heavily.scened.story.you.won't.finish.again.
    4) Have fun in the game - even when I don't manage to do the previous things because of it.
    5) Maybe start using a little less custom content again.

I don't use third party cc but can imagine it will difficult to reduce your collection. Some of it is absolutely gorgeous particularly the hair.

Sim enim est vita
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I actually have a resolution to complete a legacy this year! And to complete an impossible want in each of those generations! I don't cheat in my legacy families, so money is really no object in them...they earn tons of it by generation five anyway if you send them to University...provided you have that EP.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sad as it may be, I only really have one resolution, And that is to finish all three of my CAW projects.
    Post edited by Linamints on
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • PatienceTheVirtuePatienceTheVirtue Posts: 67 Member
    1) Complete a game without cheating
    2) Complete a game where I am not as controlling of a perfectionist.
    OYENqGg.png
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hmm, I have a couple I suppose!

1) Complete my remodel of Riverview

2) Try to loosen up the reigns a little bit. Let my sims do the stupid things they will end up doing.

3) Focus more on single play. Not everybody needs a family ASAP.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I resolve to play at least 1 sim from birth to death and make it to generation 4 of my current household.
    I actually have a resolution to complete a legacy this year! And to complete an impossible want in each of those generations! I don't cheat in my legacy families, so money is really no object in them...they earn tons of it by generation five anyway if you send them to University...provided you have that EP.

It's a good resolution :) I make my sims grow vegetables and go out gathering. Really helps in the early stages of a legacy when simoleons are tight.

Sim enim est vita
    Linamints wrote: »
    Sad as it may be, I only really have on resolution. And that is to finish all three of my CAW projects.

Not sad :D I have been working on my CAW project for well over a year. Good Luck and I look forward to seeing the results in the World Builders section as I am always interested in what others do with CAW :)

Sim enim est vita

1) Complete a game without cheating
    2) Complete a game where I am not as controlling of a perfectionist.

Sounds like two tough challenges. I don't think I could manage a game without my sim finding a magic lamp :) Hope it all works out for you :)

Sim enim est vita
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I've got a few for myself to keep :)
    1) To actually complete both of my pet-challenges. I'm playing a 50 Foals challenge and I'm determined to finish it.
    2) To make it to at least generation 4 of my family before my challenge ends.
    3) Remember to SAVE SAVE SAVE!!
    4) Enjoy the game, take delight in the little surprises your Sims throw at you and roll with it!
    5) Ease my way back into CC a very little at a time. Still CC shy after my last pc crashed to BSOD...
    6) Remember to Gift back all those who send me gifts in game <3
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    complete a legacy. sheesh. I'll get one chapter in and I hate the storyline or I hit a creative wall.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I just want to stick with a family for a long time. :tongue: I am really bad at consistently playing one family for a long period of time.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    To actually play my game...

To move forward with my main family try to get to *at least* the next generation.

Try to work out if I can make CAW work *properly* with steam so I can try to tackle a world again (one of my resolutions last year was to make a world... and I've put a lot of time into CAW, it's not a lack of effort. Just moving to steam messing things up. But I desperately want this resolution to work out this year)

Clean up my CC because wow do I have so much that I never use and my game is kinda cranky lately... probably related.

Back the stupid thing up way more often. I always say "I haven't done that much in months... it's fine" then I lose a save somehow "hmm wow I'd done more than I thought" or "oh.... wow... this backup is waaayyyyyyy older than I thought."
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Hmm, I have a couple I suppose!

1) Complete my remodel of Riverview

2) Try to loosen up the reigns a little bit. Let my sims do the stupid things they will end up doing.

3) Focus more on single play. Not everybody needs a family ASAP.

Would love to see the remodel when it's finished :)

Sim enim est vita
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I resolve to play at least 1 sim from birth to death and make it to generation 4 of my current household.

Good Luck :)

Sim enim est vita
    I've got a few for myself to keep :)
    1) To actually complete both of my pet-challenges. I'm playing a 50 Foals challenge and I'm determined to finish it.
    2) To make it to at least generation 4 of my family before my challenge ends.
    3) Remember to SAVE SAVE SAVE!!
    4) Enjoy the game, take delight in the little surprises your Sims throw at you and roll with it!
    5) Ease my way back into CC a very little at a time. Still CC shy after my last pc crashed to BSOD...
    6) Remember to Gift back all those who send me gifts in game <3

Never played a pet challenge. Best of luck with it :) sorry to hear about CC, I understand that Delphi's CUSTARD helps detect bad CC. Not sure if it is still available. Perhaps someone else knows ?

Sim enim est vita
    complete a legacy. sheesh. I'll get one chapter in and I hate the storyline or I hit a creative wall.

You never know perhaps this time it will all work out :)

Sim enim est vita
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I always try to back everything up now and then. I need to do it now actually as I know that I will regret it.

I have one backup folder which will include The Sims, music, word documents and videos :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    A lot of the resolutions here I already do and I can recommend them :mrgreen:
    My only good resolution for TS3 is to add another great year of enjoying the game! And maybe to be a bit more daring where CC and mods are concerned...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Actually finish an Apocalypse game. (Try to finish said game cheat free).
    Get a new PC so I can start using mods and cc.
    Learn how to take and post pictures to make you guys suffer through resolution one.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I haven't played for the last few months because something went borked like I was getting invisible people and really stretched out people and I had so much CC i didn't know what was causing it and was just too lazy to fix it because I gotta just delete everything and that means I gotta re-do all the NRASS settings which takes me days and days and days to get right. :(

So my new years resolutions are:
    Fix Sims 3
    Start a new generation play with no cheats
    Choose different traits and different career path to my usual that I gravitate to
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    McTosh wrote: »
    I haven't played for the last few months because something went borked like I was getting invisible people and really stretched out people and I had so much CC i didn't know what was causing it and was just too lazy to fix it because I gotta just delete everything and that means I gotta re-do all the NRASS settings which takes me days and days and days to get right. :(

So my new years resolutions are:
    Fix Sims 3
    Start a new generation play with no cheats
    Choose different traits and different career path to my usual that I gravitate to

Good Luck fixing your game :)

Sim enim est vita