Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Quarterly Teaser

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Uhh how is it negative? Many people were asking for a new vacation world, it's one of the most popular threads on this forums at the moment.

I wanted a new vacation world. You know, a pina-colada on the beach sort of thing, or some snow skating while liming in tiny mountain hotels. This just screams "World Adventures, but smaller". Worst case scenario we'll just get a world full of uneditable tombs to discover.

@mirta000 that does not make it negative
    it just means you might not have gotten what you wanted I and a lot of other people want Adventures in are sims game so that would make us
    very happy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This sounds exciting, but I hope there will be things for children and toddlers to do.

Maybe there's a ball pit with baby crocodiles :D

That'd be so awsome! :grin:
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    This sounds exciting, but I hope there will be things for children and toddlers to do.

I totally agree!! I'd like for there to be things for all ages on the vacation! I could see maybe a fun museum for kids and tots to explore. Perhaps even the local children could have native-related toys unique from our average suburban and city children.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    The new teaser is out.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    where is it??
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I think that the lady on GP teaser has a new tattoo!!
    New tattoos are ALWAYS welcome :blush:
    Anyway both of these packs looks awesome! Can't wait for the actual teasers so we know more.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    There's another active thread HERE that has the video and discussion on it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    The Sims 4 Quarterly teaser is here!!!

Without further ado:

What did you think? Share with us your thoughts :smiley:

Looks great!!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Anyone got a youtube version? it won't play for me. :'(
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Go to youtube and do a search of it. It's probably there by now. I saw it on Facebook, too.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

Go to youtube and do a search of it. It's probably there by now. I saw it on Facebook, too.

Yep, found it. Thanks :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    I'm happy that the stuff pack will add to the day to day life of the Sims. Will have to see about the game pack, the build objects could be really interesting, but can't say I was a huge fan of the vacation in the Outdoor Retreat pack.
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Eeeeeeeee!

That definitely looks like Mayan styled world adventure kind of a thing, and I'm so excited!

World Adventures was always one of my absolute favourites in Sims3, so really looking forward to see what they'll come up with. I'm sort of expecting the trend of focusing in one thing at a time for extra depth to continue, just like vampires were released separately instead of a shallower supernatural pack. Quality over quantity. So probably just this Mayan-inspired adventure instead of several locations, and that's fine with me, it means they can get more in depth with that place and adventure.

As for laundry, it definitely wasn't my choice, but very happy to get some of the outfits 'n furniture. I'm especially waiting for the herb drying rack kind of things that come with it.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    The stuff pack obviously isn't surprising, but it does look nice, as expected. The GP, though. I'm really intrigued. I liked World Adventures, so I'm curious to see what they will do with this, and it's nice to see a new destination.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Simpatsyann

From what I am reading, there is either disappointment or very cautious optimism. Neither of those are usually seen as overly positive reactions. Again, that is what I am seeing in comments. That the overall vibe does not seem all that positive. Personally I do not see myself ever using the main feature of "laundry" stuff pack. If i get that one, I will wait for a sale of $5 or less (I have gotten stuff packs for $3 before). As for what was seen of the game pack, as of now my interest is not even piqued. My initial reaction was I require to see more gameplay footage to even see it will be worth my money. I was excited for the last expansion until I found out it alienated people who wanted small caged pets, so I am very critical of all DLC for the game.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Well, I was thinking more in terms of the game pack. The majority of the responses I've seen to that have been quite positive. The laundry stuff pack has been a known quantity for a while and there's definitely strong opinions both for and against it.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    To each their own.
    There are plenty of Simmers who hate the vampires game pack. I do believe they acknowledge the quality, but dislike the theme.
    Some simmers are unable to play with Vampires, Aliens, Ghosts, Wishing Wells, Voodoo-dolls, the Grim Reaper, floating while meditating, but need laundry, seasons, pets, cleaning the house and repairing the sink.
    I (and a few others) cannot play without at least something.

Did I write this post? Because it sure sounds like I did! Supernatural is not my thing. I'm more than willing to acknowledge how well vampires look to be done this iteration (can't go off personal gameplay as I don't have the pack) but it's just... not for me.

I am way more the "realistic" generational player. I will admit I am more than curious about this new GP! The GP team has been crushing it so I'm excited to learn about it!
  • jaxierocksjaxierocks Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't want to be a downer...but I'd much rather be able to build a farm with a diverse range of animals. Oh well....I guess I'll just keep waiting.
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I hated world adventures. I pray it's better than Sims 3 version if that's what it is. I do agree about needing more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 worlds!
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    Meh on the laundry day---cool for those who want it. Not nearly enough for me to even begin to appraise the GP. I really want new locations to purchase a vacation home!!! Invite friends...employees on a vacation!!!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Was not expecting an adventure pack, but I’m so excited! It will probably have a nice world and I’m all for a good challange
    21mbz47.jpg
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm relieved that Laundry Day is coming this quarter. They said it would be released sometime in 2018 but now we know for sure it's in the beginning of 2018. Hopefully it's this month because I can't wait for it! :)

About the GP, I didn't really like World Adventures that much, but judging by the pack's icon (which is a tiki mask) I guess it's gonna include a tropical island so I'm excited for it too. Maybe it's a mix of Bon Voyage/Castaways/World Adventures which could be interesting.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I'm relieved that Laundry Day is coming this quarter. They said it would be released sometime in 2018 but now we know for sure it's in the beginning of 2018. Hopefully it's this month because I can't wait for it! :)

About the GP, I didn't really like World Adventures that much, but judging by the pack's icon (which is a tiki mask) I guess it's gonna include a tropical island so I'm excited for it too. Maybe it's a mix of Bon Voyage/Castaways/World Adventures which could be interesting.

Pretty sure it's Aztec not tiki.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I loved the locations from World Adventures to be honest. The tombs became repetitive rather quickly but other than that it was one of my most liked expansion packs.

I'm definitely excited and can't wait to see more! :)