Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Quarterly Teaser

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    I saw someone say in a different thread that they believed the destination in the GP was inspired by South America. If that's true then that's actually quite interesting to me - as I was under the impression that we were getting a re-worked version of Al Simhara. I hope there's a nice balance of interactive things to do there but also the ability to just send our sims for a nice, relaxing holiday. I was never too keen on the challenges of World Adventures.

Lastly, I'm excited to see the hairstyles in the Laundry Pack. I believe @SimGuruGraham said he wrote a blog on them but that seemingly never came to fruition. Hopefully that pack makes it's way to us by the end of the month.

That was me. If you freeze the teaser when the man changes to a skeleton, you see that the other objects have a Mayan/Aztec look, not Egyptian. That says South America to me.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    to be fair the year already started more negatively than 2017. Their first GP of 2017 was something far more awaited for. 2018 will be not very negative from the looks of it, but fairly cricket inducing.

Uhh how is it negative? Many people were asking for a new vacation world, it's one of the most popular threads on this forums at the moment.

Vampires were definitely much more wanted for me personally, but I do know there are plenty of people who want a new destination, and several people wanted exploration rather than relaxation.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Do you guys think it'd be stretching if I hoped for a skeleton life state? :P that'd be something new and never done before, could be similar to Mummies from sims 3.

At least a temporary transformation would be nice.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Ooh I am excited about the game pack! I bet it comes with a new world though probably a vacation one. That's ok with me though as I really want a new holiday destination (I was expecting a beach but this is new and cool). Very intrigued about the game play aspect and objects.
    Laundry I will be getting but I am not as excited for it. I am looking forward to the trailer though and gosh do I want to see the hair that will come with the pack!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Not bothered about laundry.

I love World Adventures but I'm not sure a game pack can have the amount of content that had in it. It cant without major short cuts.

I guess I'm waiting for more information.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    Do you guys think it'd be stretching if I hoped for a skeleton life state? :P that'd be something new and never done before, could be similar to Mummies from sims 3.

Maybe a skeleton curse like the mummy curse in Sims 3 with a certain amount of time or a special task/potion to break the curse.

I love World Adventures but I'm not sure a game pack can have the amount of content that had in it. It cant without major short cuts.

WA had three different adventures. If this is one jungle adventure, it could be incredible.
    edited January 2018

World Adventures had 3 unique worlds though, this is one world and they're smaller than sims 3 and not open. Plus, World adventures came with Photgraphy, Nectar Making and Martial arts. Game packs typically only come with 1 skill.

I'd say there's a lot they can do in comparison, especially when you look at how much content Vampires came with.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

It could have a similar amount for one destination.

EA often reuse items they’ve previously offered, but different variants. We have tent animations, photography is now base game. They could easily pull off something like it, it will just be one location though, and not as big as the Sims 3 worlds.

But a lot of WA locations was hills and pathways, if they do it *right* they could trim the fat and offer a lot of detail but Outdoor Retreat didn’t, it was more Three Lakes content instead (Sims 2). And I love it, but it’s mostly scenery.

It’s possible they could make a great GP they just need to not waste time on things that get boring quick, like the Horseshoe throwing thing (whatever it’s called lol)
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    to be fair the year already started more negatively than 2017. Their first GP of 2017 was something far more awaited for. 2018 will be not very negative from the looks of it, but fairly cricket inducing.

As someone who is normally critical of what this game chooses to be, we're not even sure exactly what the theme of the GP is at this point so I don't know if it's time to throw in the towel and call it a year already. I usually wait to be disappointed until I know what it is I'm meant to be disappointed about.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Still... i wish they noticed the ideas I posted.

Maybe a skeleton curse like the mummy curse in Sims 3 with a certain amount of time or a special task/potion to break the curse.

At the very least, I hope it's a playable NPC like bigfoot, or at least an actual NPC like the bear etc.
    Still... i wish they noticed the ideas I posted.

I don't know what you're ideas were, but I'm sure they were read. If others had backed them, then they might still be added at some point.

At the very least, I hope it's a playable NPC like bigfoot, or at least an actual NPC like the bear etc.

It would be great if it were a costume like the bear but not just a skeleton on a jumpsuit, a real skeleton.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's a world adventures pack not a vacation.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Skeletons!!!

I don't care about vacations, but possible playable skeletons and Mayan decor is enough to have me interested! And if there are actually adventures, I'll be very excited because I missed out on that by skipping Sims 3.

But in any case...SKELETONS!!! <3
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    Skeletons!!!

I don't care about vacations, but possible playable skeletons and Mayan decor is enough to have me interested! And if there are actually adventures, I'll be very excited because I missed out on that by skipping Sims 3.

Yess! I'm getting my hopes up because I really want playable skeletons.

Imagine a household full of Vampires skeletons and Ghosts! woooo!
    Skeletons!!!

Right?! More life states!!
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like something like World Adventures
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Skeletons!!!

Is a skeleton a LIFE state? :D
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Skeletons!!!

Is a skeleton a LIFE state? :D

Ha! Well, okay... Death States! Or... Curse States! Yeah! :D
    #Team Occult
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Uhh how is it negative? Many people were asking for a new vacation world, it's one of the most popular threads on this forums at the moment.

I wanted a new vacation world. You know, a pina-colada on the beach sort of thing, or some snow skating while liming in tiny mountain hotels. This just screams "World Adventures, but smaller". Worst case scenario we'll just get a world full of uneditable tombs to discover.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    The game pack looks pretty cool, I gotta say. The Mayan jungle theme looks cool.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    This sounds exciting, but I hope there will be things for children and toddlers to do.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?