Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any worlds you don't use?

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would love if you could somehow connect the worlds. That way i would use them all. But i guess that would be open world and thats not happening so its a mute point. I bulldoze everything in forgotten hallow and i delete the vampires from the game. I should not have purchased that pack but i thought i would like it but did not. Cant just not put it in like you could with disks in 1. 2. 3. So i am stuck with deleting them.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Forgotten Hollow and Magnolia. FH is just too small, and vampires spawn in and knock on my sims door(and I instantly delete them) every night so I never need to visit the place.

Brindleton Bay is also weird as the two empty lots are not connected to anything. I guess if you were doing a lost in the woods type thing or homeless camp it might be useful, but it seems pretty stupid they made those lots with no connecting roads.
  • player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    I've tried using Newcrest in the past but the lots on the west side are around 40x50 or something, which I don't like. If anything, I see Newcrest as a little suburban area, similar to Willow Creek but with less adamant foliage. But I don't feel like the layout really lets me do that, so I don't bother anymore.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I guess I have no save where I use all of the worlds, but overall all of them are used somewhere. Willow Creek is my favourite, I guess. Second one, in terms of being used, is probably San Mayshuno. The least used - Magnolia Promanade, since I have there just one bakery in one save. I use Newcrest quite a lot, but all lots are community ones. I tried to place a regular house there, since I like the overall look and feel, but I just didn't feel it.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I use all of them I own :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't use Oasis Springs as I'm not a fan of desert worlds.
    I don't use Newcrest because I have no need to, not a huge fan of the layout and wouldn't know where to begin.
    I've built 3 of 4 lots in Magnolia Promenade but my sims never seem to visit there and I thought I'd use Windenburg and Brindleton Bay but so far I haven't apart from a fish restaurant.

Are there any worlds you don't use? When so many of us are running out of space, do you have any worlds that are surplus to requirements? Are there any worlds where you don't like the layout/landscape? or just never got around to using?

I use Newcrest for my own custom made lots or adding those lots that came with later EP's like Chez Llama, Fit Box (which I customized) and Perfect Balance Spa. I use most of the worlds although I don't use Magnolia Promenade much unless I have Sims buying a business. I added my own J'Adore Bakery from the Sims 2 and probably now need to upgrade with more Ep's. I wish Magnolia promenade was more like Bluewater Village in the Sims 2. It is limited with only 4 lots to customize or use. I don't have the Pets EP yet so cant comment on that.
  • brelvebrelve Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't use oasis springs also I'm not a fan of deserts I always end up coloring my lawn hehe
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    i don’t recall ever using willow creek since i got get together, because it’s so generic. windenburg is probably my favorite, but i still go back to oasis landing at times.
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Willow Creek - I used to use alot but very rarely use it now.

Oasis Springs - I like it, but again, very rarely use.

Newcrest - I only use when I am ready to build and fill up all the empty lots. I've built a gym and a bowling alley especially for Newcrest.

Magnolia Promenade - Don't use it.

Windenburg - I think it's beautiful. I like my sims living out in the 'countryside'

San Myshuno - I use, but I haven't for a while as it's so buggy.

Forgotten Hollow - Don't use. I don't like playing vampires.

Brindelton Bay - Another beautiful neighbourhood. Use ALOT.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don't use Oasis Springs or Magnolia Promenade and I don't even have Forgotten Hollow.
  • CluelessSimmer113CluelessSimmer113 Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't use Oasis Springs for the layout/general style of the town just doesn't appeal to me.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't use Magnolia Promenade, Forgotten Hollow, Newcrest, Willow Creek or Oasis Springs.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't use magnolia promenade at all, and newcrest only rarely. I do put lots in them though.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • two2cairnstwo2cairns Posts: 294 Member
    My families all live in either Oasis Springs or San Myshuno, and I use Newcrest to quickly plop down community lots to use features in new packs (like Chez Llama, a toddler/kids park, a movie theater/bar, etc.). I rarely visit the other worlds, except to take pets to the vet in Brindleton Bay or get married at a wedding chapel I put in Magnolia Promenade. Maybe someday I will, because some of them are pretty (especially Windenburg and Brindleton Bay), but for now, I just can't get away from the desert and the city --maybe because in real life I have never lived in either, and deep down I've always wanted to.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I never visit and will never use Forgotten Hallow. I just wish the vampires would never leave that area too, then I would never have to worry about interacting with them.

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I never visit and will never use Forgotten Hallow. I just wish the vampires would never leave that area too, then I would never have to worry about interacting with them.

Just uninstall the pack?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • mountainpigeonmountainpigeon Posts: 24 Member
    I mostly have my sims living in San Myshuno or Willow Creek. I have one or two families in Windenburg, I think. I don't really use Newcrest unless I'm working on attempting my own build or renovating something, which I usually do in a separate save. I pretty much never use Oasis Springs, and I only really use Brindleton Bay for community lots (though I'd like to play in that world more, it's really lovely). Forgotten Hollow kind of just...sits there. Same with Magnolia Promenade.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Listed from Most Used to least used.

Most Used
    1. Windenburg
    2. Willow Creek
    3. Forgotten Hollow
    4. Magnolia Promenade
    5. Oasis Springs
    6. New Crest
    7. Granite Falls
    Least Used

If I Had City Living and Cats and Dogs,

Most Used
    1. Windenburg
    2. Willow Creek
    3. Forgotten Hollow
    4. Brindleton Bay
    5. Magnolia Promenade
    6. Oasis Springs
    7. New Crest
    8. Granite Falls
    9. San Myshuno
    Least Used

Note: I've never been to Sixam.

You now have cats and dogs check your e-mails. With the sale going on I could not resist Please let me know if you get it. I do not want to be charged if you dont have the game.

Wow you got lucky @MasonGamer
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Just uninstall the pack?

Unfortunately, I love to make fixer upper homes, so I do require the items from the build/buy mode in that pack. If they created a pack or actually made those items base game it would have been helpful. I often create homes that a starter SIM must renovate and the wall cracks, water stain marks, and exposed drywall in parts of the wall is essential for storytelling purposes.
  • YingMYingM Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Beardedgeek said:
    > Sephardic wrote: »
    >
    > I don't use Newcrest because I just don't see the point of building on it. I'd much rather build on Windenburg.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But that's the point. All the other worlds are full. I can't put two restaurants, one nightclub, one library, one bowling center etc in SM. You HAVE to put a lot of stuff somewhere else.

I believe that it! It's empty - I think I have found something to with that world (^_^)
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    My active legacy sim family lives in Brindleton Bay while the premades and families downloaded from the gallery are divided between Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Winderburg. Newcrest and Magnolia Premonade are completely empty. Cant use the world of Forgotten Hollow because I don't have the Vampire Pack.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I love being able to build up Newcrest (and by "build up" I mean download and place a bunch of gallery lots, hehe) and I've probably used it the most; then Oasis Springs and Forgotten Hollow. I probably use Willow Creek the least; for whatever reason as soon as I had other options I never went back. In Magnolia Promenade I usually replace the businesses with restaurants and I send sims there often to eat - the outdoor space is actually really pretty, but I don't see it as a world to live in.

I thought I would want to use Brindleton Bay all the time but for some reason it just hasn't clicked for me.
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    I never use Forgotton Hollow.
    Bridelton is currently my favorite.
    Never take my sims on "vacation" to that Springs world. Useless destination world IMO.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    That desert-themed one that I never remember the name of.
    See, I use it so infrequently that it practically doesn't exist to me.

Since obtaining City Living, the majority of my sims live in San Myshuno, just because it's by far the most interesting out of all of them.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I don't think I've ever used Magnolia Promenade (too small). I also very rarely use Willow Creek (I never really liked it that much, I find it too colorful, probably because of those pink trees) and Forgotten Hollow (not a fan of vampires). The worlds that I use the most are Windenburg (especially the island neighborhood, the other ones not so much), Oasis Spring (I've always prefered it instead of Willow Creek, also I like hotter locations), San Myshuno (I like big cities), and recently I've been using Brindleton Bay quite a lot too.