Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Featherbelle, Hon, I want you to read this before you go about setting up your Mods folder...to get ready to download Master Controller.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

It shows you how to go about doing this. If you run into problems just holler for me (your fellow forum member within arms reach). You also need to set up sub-folders in your Mods folder: One called Packages, One called Overrides...and then you have to download a Resource.cfg file which you can get at

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/file/detail/Resource.zip

Also, if you have any problems with NRAAS, you can talk to @igazor. He's the resident NRAAS guru here. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Featherbelle, Hon, I want you to read this before you go about setting up your Mods folder...to get ready to download Master Controller.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

It shows you how to go about doing this. If you run into problems just holler for me (your fellow forum member within arms reach). You also need to set up sub-folders in your Mods folder: One called Packages, One called Overrides...and then you have to download a Resource.cfg file which you can get at

Also, if you have any problems with NRAAS, you can talk to @igazor. He's the resident NRAAS guru here. :D

It's interesting that although you are within arm's reach, that you are also not within ear reach. ;)
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited January 2018
    @bekkasan Hi!

I've mostly been lurking, not having much time to play since the 27th of December last year. I've been busy as plum working on creating something very important to my craft, and it's been taking all my focus and efforts.

However, I am loading up Sims 3 as we speak! Time for Eddy and August's save to have their third town reset! I also want to transplant Ara and Marina(plus kids+apartment) into the town so they can be townies. I don't want them sitting, dusty and unused, in their old save.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    Stacy managed to fit 14 fish bowls in her shed. She now has the responsibility of feeding them.
    Screenshot-208.jpg
    Nikolas met Juan-Marco at school.
    Screenshot-209.jpg
    The next day was love day. Enough said.
    Screenshot-210.jpg
    Hubert got a wish to grow facial hair.
    Screenshot-211.jpg
    Nikolas is now a teenage wizard and can start using his powers.
    Screenshot-212.jpg
    Screenshot-213.jpg
    Screenshot-214.jpg
    Stacy had a wish to flirt with Flint, but he rejected her because he's married.
    Screenshot-215.jpg
    Hubert wanted to flirt with Miriam, and, although married with 2 kids, she accepted the flirt.
    Screenshot-216.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I think I've got all I need of Louise's childhood recorded. Still have to do the narration for the second video in Oscar and Louise Story - the one where Oscar is all alone in Hidden Springs. But I've been busy with other things. Just doing a bit of recording of Louise when I have other things loading for another non-sim related project.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Note to self: Do not use 60+ Sims on same lot until you get that powerhouse gaming computer system (and even then...you might think twice). It will take over an hour to save and you will cark up your save if it doesn't save correctly. :( Have to start a fresh game, but will be able to set it to just after the last post. :D No problems. Nice thing about a narrative story. You can set it how you want.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member

Geeze hubby just do it for her!! ;)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I counted 53 Sims there!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I guess that's why there's a household limit in the vanilla game.
    I've had 53 + Sims in a household for a wedding. I just wanted the pictures. I found I had to remove all rabbit holes and other attractive buildings and make them quit jobs. I deleted the schools too so the kids wouldn't run off to school. I also made their needs static and removed all free will.

I got my pictures. I think my computer behaved itself and I suspect it would have been my laptop so it wasn't hugely powerful, but it was a gaming laptop.

Ted_And_Helena_W019.jpg

Hw_D120.jpg

This is the venue - it is one I built and is in my studio.

Indoor_Outdoor_Wedding_Venue001.jpg

I've placed this venue in Hidden Springs for the Oscar and Louise story and also for the McFluff videos.

I plan for Oscar and Louise to have their wedding in this venue when the time comes. They haven't met yet - the story is beginning at the beginning.

I have been doing the narration for Episode 2 of Oscar and Louise. I may have to wait until tomorrow though before I can put it up on YouTube as I just got a severe thunderstorm warning. It looks like we are just on the edge of it though so hopefully it won't come here today.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2018
    Here is those Harley statue pics in my house I mentioned I would take, the hat I just put on her cause it's cute.

S5RheQG.png

Back shot

FychJ4h.png

But back on topic a mysterious beauty appeared in my game at the pool hall

zrN7Yag.png

Who are you?? :#

"I dun know puddin"

HMcyq7m.png

Who was this beautiful mystery girl Harley,I had to find out.She followed me back to my office and............

Julianne!!!!!!!!!!!! x41bkZf.png

Next step put up the patterns from yesterday.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm enjoying playing with Supernatural for the first time!

After playing long-lasting saves I'm already very invested in, it always feels refreshing to just explore new content with a single sim.

Cora Wallace is Artistic, Vegetarian, Eco-Friendly, Supernatural Fan and Easily Impressed. She spent nearly all her money on buying the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Hideaway in Hidden Springs, a house that suits her bohemian style. She also got a bicycle, because taxis use fossil fuel and make her unhappy.
    fBgQ4ZI.jpg

She rolled the wishes to learn Painting and Alchemy.
    PiTmtBa.jpg

I sent her to the museum to learn painting, then to the Town Hall to register as a self-employed painter.
    PTFNn9M.jpg

Her wish to meet a supernatural was soon fulfilled: she met Mr Colby, a vampire, in front of the Town Hall and complimented his teeth.
    s07S0bG.jpg

She had a snack at the Town Square...
    m2GcNJY.jpg

... and then I spotted Dr Laila Al Fahad, a genie, by the grocery store and sent Cora to meet her as well.
    M1nZX5g.jpg

After that Cora used the Llama to travel to the Elixir Store.
    CFicOcy.jpg

She studied alchemy until she gained her first skill level...
    CXV7MEx.jpg

... and then tried to make her first elixir, but failed. The fumes made her nauseous.
    tZQYBUO.jpg

Jennifer Sato was working as the elixir consignment clerk - @CravenLestat is right, she really is adorable!
    GEBpEfs.jpg
    @PalmArrow JENNIFER!!!!!! :love::love: Well my night is complete..mashes the awesome button like a boss

98wGtvc.gif

DfydFiZ.gif
    @PalmArrow - I see your Cora has moved into Oscar's house in Hidden Springs. Oscar is doing his house up and I think it has a few changes coming. Probably we'll see a bit of building in Episode 3 of Oscar and Louise videos.
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    My sims threw a party, and a teenage sim decided to woohoo with the bartender in the bushes. They woohooed 4 times in a row.
    o5jNANX.gif
    @PalmArrow Now you posses the power of stalker potions

Age of instant the teens to YA
    Fountain of youth the elders to YA

And for two true beauty hottie sims...

Age of instant twice on the newspaper girl there :o

and...

Hire a maid and hope you get the female one :flushed::flushed: she is really!!!!!!!!! pretty

DfydFiZ.gif
    Cora planted two of the plants she got for learning Alchemy in her garden. She is Eco-Friendly and gardening makes her happy; besides, I wanted to have a reason to dread the full moon.
    vZI2dAi.jpg

She tried once again to make an elixir at the Elixir Store.
    DQrWD2Z.jpg

Disaster! Not only did she fail, she got turned into a frog!
    S6uT6bJ.jpg

Now, I'm still learning my way around Supernatural, so Cora ended up living as a a frog for a few days. The instructions said a Sunlight Charm could help - I thought maybe it was something I could buy at the Elixir Store. It wasn't, of course.
    iGh6EDk.jpg

Cora embraced her new form and went to that night's hotspot, Lars's Discotheque, as a frog. (The sim sitting at the bar is @CravenLestat 's Molly Makeover. Three of Craven's made over girls are living in my Hidden Springs as roommates.)
    188KMxe.jpg

Cora enjoyed herself and invited Molly to join her on the dance floor.
    ksuxvjt.jpg

SI1iBCV.jpg

As if being turned to a frog wasn't trouble enough, that night a burglar broke into Cora's house and stole her toilet and a chair. Never mind the chair, but the toilet was really essential and she didn't have the money to replace it. Her earnings as a beginner painter are tiny!
    FSwBdZT.jpg

To help her earn some money, the next day I sent her to harvest at the greenhouse.
    rCAYJ5R.jpg

She also found some mushrooms, and picked up some of the pieces of sunshine produced by the sunflowers. They sell for 100 simoleons each, so her financial situation isn't that dire anymore.
    X7A3pYh.jpg

The sun began to set and the game warned me that the full moon was about to rise. I genuinely felt a bit scared. I didn't want Cora to be alone, so I had her check that night's hotspots. One of them was the nearby hangout Shoreline Cabin. I decided she would go there.
    1Y7OLs2.jpg
    When Cora got to the Shoreline Cabin, two sims were already there: Anna Menon and another Molly, my own Molly Bluejay. Liam O'Dourke soon arrived too. Four sims in a small log cabin on the night of the full moon - it was totally a horror movie situation.
    kEG9D6f.jpg

xQWF7w9.jpg

It didn't take long for a zombie to spawn outside.
    HNA8GyY.jpg

Nobody paid any attention to him as he creeped inside the cabin.
    kD1PMQO.jpg

I watched with dread as he creeped behind Molly. I love that sim and didn't want anything bad to happen to her.
    3FGCP6A.jpg

But Molly just mocked the zombie and they both laughed.
    g9VsUt2.jpg

B9bUzFB.jpg

Cora returned home and kept waking up and freaking out the whole night, but there were no new zombie encounters. The plants in her garden were unharmed.

The next day she visited witch Granny Shue. I wanted to see if she could ask a with to cast a charm on her - apparently not.
    D5tVK9F.jpg

So the only way she could become human again was by being kissed. She met Madeline Moore at the museum and asked her for a kiss. Madeline was glad to help.
    g0hjy3s.jpg

mM4JHBh.jpg

Now that the full moon and the toad curse are both over, life will be a little bit easier for Cora!
    @Karritz , I knew I saw that house recently in someone else's game! It's so distinctive looking.
    you got lucky @palmarrow They will bite you it is pretty vicious looking too,great animation and you become a zombie.

DfydFiZ.gif
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @Karritz , I knew I saw that house recently in someone else's game! It's so distinctive looking.

It is.

FYI the first time I tried to cure a frog with a kiss they both ended up as frogs. That was quite a time I had trying to cure them of being a frog. The cure elixir works - both ways. If it backfires while making it they turn into a frog but if it works it will cure them.
    Oscar and Louise Episode 2 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/D4kzRZ1PSug

It's all about Oscar settling into life in Hidden Springs.

He goes out and buys a guitar from the Blue Building. Collects Suns from the Stones Throw Greenhouse. Picks wildflowers and skates at the Summer Festival. Meets a few new sims from around town.

We see an cameo appearance of Cheeky McFluff at the Bistro.
    edited January 2018
    New Years Patterns Pic is with link in case you forgot which is which.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9174532

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9174531

Feeling Stabby Shirt for your sims that wanna cut somebody. :|

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9174530

DfydFiZ.gif
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

@aricarai Thanks for the tips. :star: I'm a very organized person myself so I have tons of different kinds of back up folders. :blush:
    The question is though...how to convert store items? :confused:
    I'm not going to be using CC through the launcher anymore. Too much of a pain! :confounded:

@emorrill: Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to get around having store items in your launcher. Those and custom worlds are the only thing that I will install through the launcher.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @aricarai @Karritz and anyone else interested.. here are the files from Kori's outfit I posted a few pages ago :smiley:

TS3_W_2018-01-01_16-29-37-10_2.png

The top from annoyinglydarkblaze can be downloaded from my drive here. Just note that if you use custom eyelashes it will make any texture or pattern blurry. It also looks weird and grey in CAS.

The skirt is non recolourable and it is from DescargasSims here in the collection called '3 HIGH SKIRTS II'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top