Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modelling competitions transferred from Aussie/NZ site

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
Are you ready for a modeling challenge?

*~* Generate–a– Sim competition *~*

I will write a spiel or short story about a certain type of Sim. Read the passage thoroughly as there are several possible traits that fit the description, but the chosen 3, the Sim's aspiration, career choice and branch, should be more prominent than others.

Using the information given, it is your job as contestants to figure out the look, traits, aspirations and career from the cryptic clues given within the brief story-line I provide.

The round details will run for 11 days. You can then upload your entries up to the 11th day, and a winner will be chosen .

Your individual interpretation of the story, of course will be considered, but the winning entry will be based on the generated Sim that fits closest to the clues in the story. I will download your Sims and look at all the outfits before I make a decision. I will have an example of the Sim I have in mind, which can be displayed when all your entries are in, and after the winner has been announced.

Please add your Origin ID at the top of your message.

Upload your Sim under the hashtag #generateasim1. Others done after this would be labelled #generateasim2, 3, 4 etc.

If you are unable to upload photos let me know and I will upload them for you. The winner will receive a badge-type of reward to put in their signature, which I will attempt to design.

*~* Ground rules *~*

• You can use any of the items from the expansions or packs that go with the base game but your Sim must be made with CC or with NO CC whatever is specified for that round. Could you please add the packs you have at the top of your message along with your picture, career and branch guess.
• At times there will be more than one Sim to create, may be a family, a couple or an elder etc., to entertain and keep the competition motivating and interesting.
• One or two shots of your created Sim in his/her everyday clothes is enough.

**Most importantly have fun and enjoy the challenge.**

Any questions, put into the Generate-a-Sim Q & A thread provided.

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    *reserved*

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited January 2018
    "Talking Teenagers"

MDMj4fE.png

What sort of teenager can your Sim be?

Hi everyone. I’ve been wanting to do a teenage feature for a while now and decided to give it a go here and see what response I get.

This is not a competition, it is a fun activity that isn't competitive, for everyone, beginners right through. It's a chance for everyone to be involved and spread their creative wings accompanied with a bit of fun and constructive feedback.

InaMac, ArtsyAmy and I will be your coaches and give feedback on how adaptable you can be with a chosen teenage Sim to fit a theme...probably 7-10 days between rounds, but if you need more time, you just need to ask. Other comments by each other are welcome, but please be constructive. I will provide real life examples of the current theme so as not to cramp your creative style.

There will be no eliminations, winners or losers it is simply a fun challenge. After all it’s not about winning or losing it’s more about experimenting with your Sim to try out different looks and tapping in to your creativity.

Each round we would prefer that you use the same Sim so we can keep track of who’s who. Males or females, Sims 3 and 4 are welcome.

*If you want to change colours of hair, eyes, change hairstyles, makeup, clothing of course is a must for the current round theme, but the others are optional, you are welcome to change those things, as long as I can recognise that it is your model.

If you would like to join please provide a full or 3/4 body shot, as I will make up a model wall, of all your wonderful teen Sims or you can use any existing teens you already have. Present your Sim in jeans and a top of your choice. The only stipulation is that they are human.

*Please include: a first and last name, his or her traits, and aspiration along with a short bio of your sim so we can get to know them. Some basic story telling will be included

*No editing or photoshop is necessary unless you choose to use them. Any background is okay, in-game, CAS or a chosen google one. You may want to set up a background to fit the themes later on.

*Maxis clothes and/or CC only can be used.

There is no restrictions except to match the theme and I will provide tips and ideas for each round. I have 12 rounds planned and if all goes well I will put out a new one each 7- 10 days with a brief and examples of the expectations for that round.  

Only one shot is needed so, choose the one that you feel best fits the theme. If it is a distant shot you can add one other closer to see your models in more detail under a spoiler.

If there is enough interest I will watch this thread for the posts of your teens and we can get started as soon as I get a reasonable number of participants. The first 12 people will be accepted. That is the maximum number at this stage, so it's first come...first serve, so to speak.

~~Questions and suggestions are welcome, and if you have any problems, concerns or queries please PM me~~

:):):) Remember, it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself :):):)