Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim You - A new game developed by Will Wright

2...Next

Comments

• LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hmm don't really favor mobile games, but reserving judgment for now, just have to see what becomes of this.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @SimGamer15 We have almost the same usernames!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Kurotard wrote: »
    Hey, its developed by Will Wright. Instantly interested. If only he came back for The Sims 4 to fix it.

The Sims 4 is actually closer to where he was taking The Sims franchise than The Sims 2 or Sims 3.

He was the lead on The Sims Bustin Out, which is the project he supported over The Sims 2.

The Sims Bustin Out could be The Sims 4’s distant cousin.

Same art style, same humour, same oversized objects, similar worlds, even down to little things like the Map View.

He also chose to work on Second Life. And Spore was a mess.

Let’s just say, he had the idea. People made up rumours that Will Wright worked alongside The Sims 2, but all he did was green light them to work on it while he was still at Maxis and working on SimCity 4 and The Sims Bustin Out.
    Same humour? Not really. And same art style?

maxresdefault.jpg

the-sims-4-dine-out-pdp_3840x2160_en_ww.jpg

How exactly....?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2017
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    He's been kicking something like this around for quite a while: I first heard about it some time ago, not that long after he quit Maxis.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/7/8564891/will-wright-sim-city-the-sims-spore
    Ahh, yes, it seems that he has been throwing this idea around for quite some time, the development blog from early 2016 mentioned in the SimsCommunity article attempts to describe the concept - no, I didn't understand it! :(

Doesn't sound like it has got very far in two years ...?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Because it Is Will Wright.....I'll consider following up..I could just imagine how initially selling the vision of the Sims may probably have been confusing as well but hey look at where the game is now...no no..no don't look at Sims 4 (it's a test run for the real game to come ) but seriously
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, the part about it being on mobile turned me off a little. If it's worth looking into, I might reconsider.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    No thanks. If I want to play as a sim, I can just do it as it right now in real life. :D That is the true first hand experience sims game. ;)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    If it’s a mobile game I’m not interested, I hate mobile games. Also I don’t really like the idea of playing as myself, I would rather play as someone else.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Sounds a bit like the "Fish Eye" (first person) cheat on the PS2 and GC version of the Sims 1 then.
    Not exactly interested but oh how weird it would be to die in first person from electricution or drowning.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • jojosimmernyjojosimmerny Posts: 30 Member
    I don't know if I would be interested in that, if I really wanted to play myself as a sim I would just make myself in the sims 4. I don't even like being myself half the time. Why would I want to play myself in a game.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hey, its developed by Will Wright. Instantly interested. If only he came back for The Sims 4 to fix it.

The Sims 4 is actually closer to where he was taking The Sims franchise than The Sims 2 or Sims 3.

He was the lead on The Sims Bustin Out, which is the project he supported over The Sims 2.

Same art style, same humour, same oversized objects, similar worlds, even down to little things like the Map View.

Let’s just say, he had the idea. People made up rumours that Will Wright worked alongside The Sims 2, but all he did was green light them to work on it while he was still at Maxis and working on SimCity 4 and The Sims Bustin Out.

Yeah, but The Sims 4 is pretty darn lifeless. The game shouldn't be close to The Sims 1, it should be bigger and better than other games, but its not, as we see. Landscaping is an absolute mess, the only good thing about CAS is no more sliders, and build/buy mode is more meh than its ever been with the lack of create-a-style. We don't need a remake of The Sims, we need a new Sims game.

And say what you want about Spore, but it sold well and people thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I dont know?sims 4 is ending as it got better?
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member

Excuse me Spore is Great ! Although repetitive but great
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

A few months ago i was writing about wanting a first person sims game and now its voming!
    Coming not voming!
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    If this happens one day, it honestly sounds really creepy! Sounds like a less fantasy-based version of SAO!
    Will Wright is going to turn out to be our universe's Kayaba Akihiko, and we're going to all end up in a "if you die here you die in real life" scenario, lying on hospital beds wearing an Oculus 2.0 in 2025! D:

In all seriousness, it sounds interesting, but it also sounds pretty advanced; if Will Wright's ideas ever came to be, it's going to be a long time until we see it.
  • aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    This is all too similar to many Black Mirror episodes, especially USS Callister..... And we all know how that went. So... count me out.
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    aob wrote: »
    This is all too similar to many Black Mirror episodes, especially USS Callister..... And we all know how that went. So... count me out.

My thoughts exactly, reads like the beginning of a Black Mirror episode.
    Also, who would think it a good idea to give a phone app access to your data, your memories, your relationships, your concepts. On the other hand, most people already feel comfortable with posting every detail of their lives on FB, so what do I know.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    > taking my data and memories

Sorry Will but I'm leaving that one to Lord Google and not a game that misses the point of The Sims.
    The Sims is always about playing god to these people. Not gonna work unless there's Full Metal Narcissist mode or whatever.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    [quote="InfraGreen;c-16244568"]> taking my data and memories

Sorry Will but I'm leaving that one to Lord Google and not a game that misses the point of The Sims.

[Spoiler]The Sims is always about playing god to these people. Not gonna work unless there's Full Metal Narcissist mode or whatever. [/spoiler][/quote]

I would never let them take my memories
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm open to anything revolving around the sims, so yeah, I'm interested. And with an iPad Pro that can rival some laptops and mid-level desk tops in graphics, processors, screen resolution you're not stuck playing mobile games on a smart phone screen.