The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any worlds you don't use?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hate the routing in Windenburg. They take the strangest paths to get everywhere so I usually avoid playing this neighborhood for that reason.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Of the “regular” worlds it’s San Myshuno for sure. I get tired of apartment living pretty quickly. Haven’t had a sim live in a normal house or penthouse yet though so maybe I’ll like it more when I do.

It’s interesting to me that so many people don’t like OS. It’s actually my fave world I actually wish it was more desert and less grass.

Of the other hoods Magnolia Promenade is one I don’t see much of. I need to utilize it better because I don’t send my sims shopping much. I’d probably have more sims live their because I like the look and feel of the place but it doesn’t have many collectible spots which I prefer to have in my home neighborhoods.
    ~ ~ ~
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Listed from Most Used to least used.

Most Used
    1. Windenburg
    2. Willow Creek
    3. Forgotten Hollow
    4. Magnolia Promenade
    5. Oasis Springs
    6. New Crest
    7. Granite Falls
    Least Used

If I Had City Living and Cats and Dogs,

Most Used
    1. Windenburg
    2. Willow Creek
    3. Forgotten Hollow
    4. Brindleton Bay
    5. Magnolia Promenade
    6. Oasis Springs
    7. New Crest
    8. Granite Falls
    9. San Myshuno
    Least Used

Note: I've never been to Sixam.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Magnolia Promenade. I don't do Retail, so I don't go there.
    I use Newcrest ONLY to put community lots on. ATM it has two nightclubs, one Internet Cafe, One small gym, one Spa and three restaurants. No residential lots.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Magnolia Promade and Forgotten Hollow.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Newcreast and Magnolia Promenade.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited December 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Listed from Most Used to least used.

Most Used
    1. Windenburg
    2. Willow Creek
    3. Forgotten Hollow
    4. Magnolia Promenade
    5. Oasis Springs
    6. New Crest
    7. Granite Falls
    Least Used

If I Had City Living and Cats and Dogs,

Most Used
    1. Windenburg
    2. Willow Creek
    3. Forgotten Hollow
    4. Brindleton Bay
    5. Magnolia Promenade
    6. Oasis Springs
    7. New Crest
    8. Granite Falls
    9. San Myshuno
    Least Used

Note: I've never been to Sixam.

You now have cats and dogs check your e-mails. With the sale going on I could not resist Please let me know if you get it. I do not want to be charged if you dont have the game.

Post edited by jimmysnan on
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I probably use Magnolia Promenade the least. The existing retail lots weren't much use to me so I converted one into a movie theatre so I could at least visit it from time to for my clubs. If not for that, I would probably never use this world!

I only use Newcrest to download lots from the gallery or start my own build. I will edit them there, and if I'm happy with the result, I will move the lot to another world.

My sims usually live in either Brindleton Bay or Windenburg so I try to place non-residential lots like restaurants, etc in other worlds.

The only world I'm missing is Forgotten Hollow. Would love to get it for the build items, but not ready for vampires yet!
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Magnolia Promenade is a waste. If we could have the hospital and police station there to visit that would make the world at least usable.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I've never used Forgotten Hollow, although I'd like to!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've used all the worlds I currently have (WC, OS, NC, Win, GF, MP) in some way, but I've never put Sims on any lots in Magnolia Promenade. It's empty, I bulldozed the businesses. Maybe one day I'll put some businesses of my own there. *shrugs*

However, I do like to send my Sims to the pier by the dock to fish in that world since they can fish up rares and Dragonfruit there. It's also the only place my Sims have ever fished up voodoo dolls as well. :)

• YingMYingM Posts: 13 New Member
    > @SimGamer15 said:
    > I don't use Newcrest. Hate the layout.

I haven't used Newcrest either. I haven't had the slightest idea what to build in there....I think it needs to be revamped a little.....(>.<)
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I rarely use WC and OS. I always use Newcrest because i love to build :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    @YingM
    I agree. A little revamped is needed.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    SimGamer15 wrote: »
    @YingM
    I agree. A little revamped is needed.

I really wish two of the neighbourhoods weren't on intersections, and it doesn't really feel worth it for the one that isn't.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    SimGamer15 wrote: »
    @BabySquare
    I agree.

I think my problem with it is that I don't like when a lot has roads on two sides; it's that weird corner lot thing. It can occasionally work but there, especially combined with the dimensions of those lots it just doesn't.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Sixam. I have been there, but after once, no reason to go back.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    I barely use San Myshuno, except to have my sims visit the various festivals and the karaoke bar. I had one family there, but got tired of them being woken up every single night by noisy neighbors. Neighbors and monsters under the bed on the same night was the worst. There are active sims scattered throughout Newcrest, Oasis Springs, and Brindleton Bay. I did use Willow Creek and have added lots to it, but all the active families moved out for one reason or another. I have a bakery in Magnolia Promenade, which gets plenty of visitors.
    image.png
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't use Magnolia Promenade either - too small and I just seem to forget about and I make retail outlets in other worlds.

As for Newcrest, I usually place my spas, pools, the new gym, the bowling alley and some restaurants there. I use the small lots for families that most times I am not playing and usually download houses to them.

ETA - Brindleton Bay is awesome - I purchased the pack just for this new world and I have no regrets. The only thing missing from this world is for my sims to be able to swim in the sea.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I don't really get Newcrest either. I don't know if it's supposed to be a world for commercial lots or residentials because nothing really fits? I don't know, maybe it's just me being picky :D that section in the upper corner is nice though, a lot of small lots grouped together, I made my low income neighborhood there.
    Livinity wrote: »
    I don't really get Newcrest either. I don't know if it's supposed to be a world for commercial lots or residentials because nothing really fits? I don't know, maybe it's just me being picky :D that section in the upper corner is nice though, a lot of small lots grouped together, I made my low income neighborhood there.

I think it's basically just a "normal" place where you dump all the lots you can't fit in anywhere else. Like all the new types of commercial lots they keep inventing...
  • SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    I don't use Newcrest because I just don't see the point of building on it. I'd much rather build on Windenburg.
    Sephardic wrote: »
    I don't use Newcrest because I just don't see the point of building on it. I'd much rather build on Windenburg.

But that's the point. All the other worlds are full. I can't put two restaurants, one nightclub, one library, one bowling center etc in SM. You HAVE to put a lot of stuff somewhere else.
    Sephardic wrote: »

I'd love to do something with WB but the lots are a big impractical for me; many too small or too big, plus I don't like the island or the old quarter. I'm quite all or nothing; I'd rather use the whole world or not use it at all, but I might take a look there again.