Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many dirty dogs!

2...Next

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, it's so gross. D: Maybe my sim needs to start a dog grooming center. XD

See! This is exactly why I was hoping for a Pet Grooming career! I coulda made a fortune :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • SavannaSiaraSavannaSiara Posts: 28 New Member
    I ended up plonking a bathtub down in the middle of the park and bathing all pets. I got sick of it, especially when all sims in the area have that pop up for a bad smell.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    It's pretty similar for toddlers too....must have something to do with sims that can't take of their own needs. If you invite toddlers over, they will usually have low needs like hunger and bladder as soon as they spawn on the lot. There really should be some coding which generates relatively full needs for non-played sims that are spawned on a lot...or at least makes it much less often that a sim is spawned with low needs.
  • MintiSimbleMintiSimble Posts: 20 Member
    In my gameplay I noticed that dogs can get EXTREMELY dirty from things like digging, playing in the fish/seaweed piles near the dock, or sometimes just being outside(?)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I"m having the same problem, it's ridiculous. And it's not just dogs, some cats that turn up at my clinic are dirty too.
    It's just sad. I really hope they tone this down, at least for owned pets.
    At the clinic:
    tumblr_ozo8k7FCLJ1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozona66Vt11v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozonwr9tWJ1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozqehju5eL1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozqf2d1Vqh1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozmqh94nXQ1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozmqh94nXQ1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    Even my neighbour's pupper is dirty:
    tumblr_ozoa0sPSdo1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • I have the same problem! There are also a bunch of dig sites near my house in-game, so all my stray friends are practically made of dirt.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I too have the dirty doggy problem! Half of the time dogs come into my vet just filthy, strays are wandering around covered in muck and my precious Papillon is downright disgusting when my Sim loads back into her home lot. Just what the heck is she getting into during the day when my Sim isn't home?! Lol.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    allieb028 wrote: »
    There are tons of dirty pets that you see! Even in the Vet Career, most of them are dirty when their owners bring them. I wish you could just bathe them in the Vet place lol!

I was playing just now and I had the option to bath a pet but I had no tub. I will play again in a little bit and place a tub and see what happens.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    allieb028 wrote: »
    There are tons of dirty pets that you see! Even in the Vet Career, most of them are dirty when their owners bring them. I wish you could just bathe them in the Vet place lol!

I was playing just now and I had the option to bath a pet but I had no tub. I will play again in a little bit and place a tub and see what happens.

Edit to add pics. If you just greet the doggy normal and not as a vet and play with them or interact with them then you get an option to bathe them. One way to get some of them cleaner. I had to exit without saving cause I am actually doing a one person vet experiment. But atleast we know its possible to bathe them at the vet centre

0UrVqEE.png

1v8YWeJ.png

• IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It's really annoying. Wherever you go, you see dirty dogs. Sims walking their dirty dogs. Dirty dogs at the vet. Dirty dogs at the park.

And after my sim have been working at the vet clinic and gets back home, her dogs are all dirty.

I usually just shift + right click on the dogs and click on "Make Happy" and then they become clean. But I don't wanna cheat for that, but ugh, I'm tired of seeing dirty dogs everywhere!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Could it possibly be a bug we are having?

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I think it is more of the Sims NPCs were not coded to actually care for their pets.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    honestly at this point I simply use the testing cheats needs on the npc pets. It's also good for the vet clinic pet patients since it only cleans/fills the needs of the npc pet and not take away it's illness.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I honestly hope they fix the dirty dog issue, for strays I can understand, I mean after all they are strays but pets who have owners should at the very least be taken care of.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    I see a lot of dogs in my game dirty when my sims go to parks even at the vet clinic, i usually use the testingcheats code and click the dog to make happy then the dog looks clean again, but next day dogs are back to being dirty hope they fix this.
  • magicmermaid9magicmermaid9 Posts: 122 Member
    My dog nearly always comes back in dirty after being out. Its annoying giving him a bath each time. I try to keep him away from dirt but he still finds it.
    Whoops, just spent another day watching Dan and Phil
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I also see a lot of dirty dogs at the parc and vet, and they're not even all strays. Do they never get bathed ? Once I put a bathtub in the parc and washed a stray, he was still as dirty after the bath !
  • Uni_LilyUni_Lily Posts: 2 New Member
    I keep all my pets squeaky clean but turns out every other flippin' household doesn't care about keeping the dogs clean or even FEED! Like why bother to get a dog or CAT if your not going to feed them. Like I understand the strays being sick and dirty because they live out on the streets but household pets should both be automatically feed and bathed to actually look owned. I truly think this is a massive mistake in the making on Cats & Dogs or its a glitch that EA just will not fix! I'm saying this because I feel like my household is the only descent family in the whole flippin' sims world. Vets, parks and neighborhood .etc, are crawling with hungry and filthy "OWNED" pets. This all should be fixed ASP!!!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Just a quick trick for this because I was afraid this was going to happen. It happened in Sims2 and 3. There is a mod that takes care of the dirty and sick strays wandering around but I'm unsure if it works with the pets belonging to NPCs. I wouldn't set foot in Brindleton Bay without it! Seeing strays running about is one thing but when they are dirty AND sick that is just wrong. Takes away from enjoying going to BB. If you would like to know the creator please PM me. :)
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    Why don’t you just download the mod that stops dogs in the community being sick/dirty. I also have a mod that stops strays from Culling!