Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 UC just updated!

124...Next

Comments

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Hawkflight1066 If your game launch with Intel Iris it can be the reason the graphics "jump". The thing you can do is if you have a Nvidia installed on your pc is setting Nvidia as default for the sims. Then if it's not already done, download the program "graphics rule maker", follow the step explained here (also the download link) and see if it work fine.
    Before you do this, do you know which nvidia graphic card you have (if you have one) ? GTX 1050 / 950m / etc ...
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited November 2017
    Deleted as fixed it!
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Why didn't they just take out the securerom or is that why they tied Sims 2 to Origin?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    Why didn't they just take out the securerom or is that why they tied Sims 2 to Origin?

Nah they could have just removed Securom from the game. They only tied it to Origin to be annoying. I don't think a lot of people understand, just because they downloaded the update, they still have Securom on their pc. It only removed it from future first time downloads. It has to be removed by you (general you) this update only helps people that are downloading and installing it for the first time. So the update is pretty useless to anyone who already has it. :/ Uninstalling and reinstalling won't help either, once you have Securom installed you need to use a special program to make it go away. Removing the game isn't enough.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »

Nah they could have just removed Securom from the game. They only tied it to Origin to be annoying. I don't think a lot of people understand, just because they downloaded the update, they still have Securom on their pc. It only removed it from future first time downloads. It has to be removed by you (general you) this update only helps people that are downloading and installing it for the first time. So the update is pretty useless to anyone who already has it. :/ Uninstalling and reinstalling won't help either, once you have Securom installed you need to use a special program to make it go away. Removing the game isn't enough.

Yeah I said that to a advisor on chat. I did a lot of research. Maybe I have wishful thinking.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Updated for me too. Now my resolution is only showing 800x600 and the old fix isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

Uh oh... Oh Jules1111, I may need you again! :( I won't have time to update until this weekend probably. Hopefully I won't have to go back to the 800x600 resolution. Jules1111 got my game looking AMAZING. I want it to stay amazing!

No problem. If you are going to update the game later I can send you instructions on what to do BEFORE updating to save yourself a headache. :)

Finally!!!

So excited to see they have finally removed SecuRom!

After writing my tutorial on Leefish I was always hoping one day EA Games would fix this mess.

So happy that everyone's game will be fixed and no more lag in build/buy mode! Now to get them to fix the resolution problem hehehe

OMG That was you who wrote the tutorial? Thank you so much for that!! tackle.gif

Rflong7 wrote: »
    Question- if I let it update will I have to us Origin to start the game?

I just tried it on my husbands pc and when I click on the sims 2 Uc icon on desktop it now opens origin :( It never used too.

Abort!!!! OMG I am so glad I do not have Origin installed. in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon.gif No way am I updating anything, I knew they would do this one day!!

Oh geez congrats EA on breaking peoples game for the sole purpose of tying it to Origin, when you no longer even support the game!!! :s

Thank you guys for posting about an update for TS2! I was afraid one day they would tie TS2UC to Origin. Glad I uninstalled Origin. No way am I playing TS2 or TS3 tied to Origin...ever. Glad I read this whole thread before I thought about removing that horrible Securom with Origin why would I swap one malware for another? lol Securom or Origin..hm, since this version I have doesn't kill my pc and not tied to the internet anymore I think I will just leave it and never install Origin to run TS2..no, no way.

You can remove Securom yourself. You do not need Origin for it. Smh mine is already Securom free and has been for a while now. It is easy to do. Let me know if you want to and I will send you the info you need.

Thanks! I had removed it years ago and it wasn't on this different pc I use now, until a few years ago when I allowed Origin to give me TS2UC for free...all my EPs were Securom free...but I wanted some of the SPs in TS2UC I didn't have and of course it was installed with TS2UC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • kim_ckim_c Posts: 2 New Member
    I've noticed since the origin update my fraps no longer works for taking screenshots, has this happened to anyone else?
  • kim_ckim_c Posts: 2 New Member
    Ignore last post its working now
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    So glad I turned automatic updates off. Origin is just an awful buggy thing, it's constantly freezing on me.
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    @Hawkflight1066 I had the same graphic problem when my game absolutely wanted to launch with Intel graphic card (if you have two graphic card in your computer, check which one is used with the game), now with Nvidia i don't have any more graphic problem.

I think I have one, a built in one on the motherboard. Which I blew within 11 months of buying the notebook. Lost everything, sigh. Had to have a new motherboard. I need to take better care when buying shiny new laptops. It's not really a gaming laptop, just an Acer Aspire general purpose laptop.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Ok so I've been having issues since the update.First god knows what happened to Origin and it gave me the 'msvcp140.dll missing' error for any Origin related game. Ok, I contacted Origin and there was pretty much this guy who told me they would email me a 'fix list'. never happened. i reinstalled Origin and ok I can play evrything now.

Next, yes my settings had redone themselves (I replaced the graphics.sgr where it needed to, and all that), but now my game crashes within five minutes of gameplay in a household, and I also have this <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>> in pc-config-log, under graphics device info, name (database).

This is so frustrating. I was sceptical about updating when I saw that it needed to and now I regret it cuz I had really started enjoying ts2 lately, and now it's all for nothing.
  • JakeJohn23JakeJohn23 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Elizabethsims said:
    > Ok so I've been having issues since the update.First god knows what happened to Origin and it gave me the 'msvcp140.dll missing' error for any Origin related game. Ok, I contacted Origin and there was pretty much this guy who told me they would email me a 'fix list'. never happened. i reinstalled Origin and ok I can play evrything now.
    >
    > Next, yes my settings had redone themselves (I replaced the graphics.sgr where it needed to, and all that), but now my game crashes within five minutes of gameplay in a household, and I also have this <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>> in pc-config-log, under graphics device info, name (database).
    >
    > This is so frustrating. I was sceptical about updating when I saw that it needed to and now I regret it cuz I had really started enjoying ts2 lately, and now it's all for nothing.

Hi, I've been playing a lot of Sims 2 recently and related with your post. I had the same problem a few weeks ago when my computer running Windows 10 had updated to the Fall Creators update in late November. (build 1709). I am unsure if this Windows update or Origin's update, or a combination of both is making the game crash within a few minutes of every time loading too.

After this Windows update, I was unable to load any neighborhoods, my game kept crashing. I even encountered a strange additional blue screen when starting up the game. I changed some settings back to default in the graphicrules.sgr file to have the game load a little further; but the game still crashed after a few minutes of play.

The only way I was able to get the game working again was by going into my Windows settings and rolling back the latest update.
    JakeJohn23 wrote: »
    > @Elizabethsims said:
    > Ok so I've been having issues since the update.First god knows what happened to Origin and it gave me the 'msvcp140.dll missing' error for any Origin related game. Ok, I contacted Origin and there was pretty much this guy who told me they would email me a 'fix list'. never happened. i reinstalled Origin and ok I can play evrything now.
    >
    > Next, yes my settings had redone themselves (I replaced the graphics.sgr where it needed to, and all that), but now my game crashes within five minutes of gameplay in a household, and I also have this <> in pc-config-log, under graphics device info, name (database).
    >
    > This is so frustrating. I was sceptical about updating when I saw that it needed to and now I regret it cuz I had really started enjoying ts2 lately, and now it's all for nothing.

Hi, I've been playing a lot of Sims 2 recently and related with your post. I had the same problem a few weeks ago when my computer running Windows 10 had updated to the Fall Creators update in late November. (build 1709). I am unsure if this Windows update or Origin's update, or a combination of both is making the game crash within a few minutes of every time loading too.

After this Windows update, I was unable to load any neighborhoods, my game kept crashing. I even encountered a strange additional blue screen when starting up the game. I changed some settings back to default in the graphicrules.sgr file to have the game load a little further; but the game still crashed after a few minutes of play.

The only way I was able to get the game working again was by going into my Windows settings and rolling back the latest update.

This is one reason I stick with Windows 7 I get to find out what MS says they are patching, decide when and what day I will allow them to install those patches, and can find out on their site what programs or Visual C+ version any update may change etc. I don't allow 'recommended' updates until I know if I really need them or not. I only allow critical and only after I find out if those too will break something else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    This is one reason I stick with Windows 7 I get to find out what MS says they are patching, decide when and what day I will allow them to install those patches, and can find out on their site what programs or Visual C+ version any update may change etc. I don't allow 'recommended' updates until I know if I really need them or not. I only allow critical and only after I find out if those too will break something else.

I ordered a custom gaming computer a couple of years ago and paid EXTRA for them to put Windows 7 Pro on it. Totally worth it and very glad I did. I know eventually when I need a new computer, I'll have to move on but I'm going to keep this one as long as humanly possible. Win 7 Pro was the best operating system in a couple of decades, window Win 98.

edited December 2017

I ordered a custom gaming computer a couple of years ago and paid EXTRA for them to put Windows 7 Pro on it. Totally worth it and very glad I did. I know eventually when I need a new computer, I'll have to move on but I'm going to keep this one as long as humanly possible. Win 7 Pro was the best operating system in a couple of decades, window Win 98.

By 2020 when MS stops supporting Windows 7 to push us all over to Windows 10 they will have dropped Windows 10 for some other new fangled OS. I had 8 on this pc and sent off for Windows 7 Home Prem. I hated 8 with a passion (no start menu and I didn't like third party start menu, either) I let them install Windows 10 (for free) and decided I hated it, too. I then reformatted my machine (it was new two years ago with Motherboard, video card all new released in 2014). I divided my partitions and reinstalled my Windows 7 had to pay $100 for it, but worth it to me. Everytime MS decides to build a new OS, they leave out over half the programs people actually use, because they never ask, they only ask/survey phone addicts.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Well you guys I don't know why my comment didn't post here, but my game got fixed. I didn't revert to a earlier update and I'm on a pretty strong for its price windows 8.1 pc. Honestly idk how it got fixed. As I have mentioned before it only happened in one household(which is the only household I've been playing since I got into ts2, apart from one household that I had played when I started the game and who had hair and skin cc. I did have cc furniture in my 'faulty household'. I went to the other fam with the thought that if it doesn't crash then it's the clothes or furniture. It didn't crash. So then I moved the 'faulty household' to a emty lot and put their needs to static with boolprop. Let them do whatever to see if it would crash in a empty lot with only the sims. It didn't. So it was furniture. I went back to the house and checked each cc by putting it in the house and seeing how it looks. There were some dark blue furniture which I'm assuming would be a crash initiator. Removed those and all the cc I had in my crashable lot. I still have some cc furniture but ik those are good since I've had them longer and played with them with no problems. And then I moved the fam in another house. Am probably gonna delete the house so I'm safe from any future crashing. Am currently playing eith my now crashabale turned into non-crashable fam and I'm very happy.

So thank you too all who contributed to me solving my issue!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member

By 2020 when MS stops supporting Windows 7 to push us all over to Windows 10 they will have dropped Windows 10 for some other new fangled OS. I had 8 on this pc and sent off for Windows 7 Home Prem. I hated 8 with a passion (no start menu and I didn't like third party start menu, either) I let them install Windows 10 (for free) and decided I hated it, too. I then reformatted my machine (it was new two years ago with Motherboard, video card all new released in 2014). I divided my partitions and reinstalled my Windows 7 had to pay $100 for it, but worth it to me. Everytime MS decides to build a new OS, they leave out over half the programs people actually use, because they never ask, they only ask/survey phone addicts.

I really hate Windows 10. Have 7 on my desktop PC and 10 on my laptop. Perhaps, I don't use the laptop enough, but I'm finding it truly hard to navigate 10.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Well you guys I don't know why my comment didn't post here, but my game got fixed. I didn't revert to a earlier update and I'm on a pretty strong for its price windows 8.1 pc. Honestly idk how it got fixed. As I have mentioned before it only happened in one household(which is the only household I've been playing since I got into ts2, apart from one household that I had played when I started the game and who had hair and skin cc. I did have cc furniture in my 'faulty household'. I went to the other fam with the thought that if it doesn't crash then it's the clothes or furniture. It didn't crash. So then I moved the 'faulty household' to a emty lot and put their needs to static with boolprop. Let them do whatever to see if it would crash in a empty lot with only the sims. It didn't. So it was furniture. I went back to the house and checked each cc by putting it in the house and seeing how it looks. There were some dark blue furniture which I'm assuming would be a crash initiator. Removed those and all the cc I had in my crashable lot. I still have some cc furniture but ik those are good since I've had them longer and played with them with no problems. And then I moved the fam in another house. Am probably gonna delete the house so I'm safe from any future crashing. Am currently playing eith my now crashabale turned into non-crashable fam and I'm very happy.

So thank you too all who contributed to me solving my issue!

Was it flashing blue? That usually means you forgot to download a mesh, or a recolor for the mesh. Strange it would crash the game. At least you have it worked out now. :)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Updated for me too. Now my resolution is only showing 800x600 and the old fix isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

Uh oh... Oh Jules1111, I may need you again! :( I won't have time to update until this weekend probably. Hopefully I won't have to go back to the 800x600 resolution. Jules1111 got my game looking AMAZING. I want it to stay amazing!

No problem. If you are going to update the game later I can send you instructions on what to do BEFORE updating to save yourself a headache. :)

Finally!!!

So excited to see they have finally removed SecuRom!

After writing my tutorial on Leefish I was always hoping one day EA Games would fix this mess.

So happy that everyone's game will be fixed and no more lag in build/buy mode! Now to get them to fix the resolution problem hehehe

OMG That was you who wrote the tutorial? Thank you so much for that!! tackle.gif

Rflong7 wrote: »
    Question- if I let it update will I have to us Origin to start the game?

I just tried it on my husbands pc and when I click on the sims 2 Uc icon on desktop it now opens origin :( It never used too.

Abort!!!! OMG I am so glad I do not have Origin installed. in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon.gif No way am I updating anything, I knew they would do this one day!!

Oh geez congrats EA on breaking peoples game for the sole purpose of tying it to Origin, when you no longer even support the game!!! :s

Thank you guys for posting about an update for TS2! I was afraid one day they would tie TS2UC to Origin. Glad I uninstalled Origin. No way am I playing TS2 or TS3 tied to Origin...ever. Glad I read this whole thread before I thought about removing that horrible Securom with Origin why would I swap one malware for another? lol Securom or Origin..hm, since this version I have doesn't kill my pc and not tied to the internet anymore I think I will just leave it and never install Origin to run TS2..no, no way.

Actually, you can still play with Origin in offline mode with this update. Removing Securom but tying the game to Origin might be a good sign in an odd way, though. That might mean that they're contemplating either re-releasing UC as an On the House title sometime in the future, or putting it on sale on Origin at a later date. Gotta recoup those Battlefront II losses somehow, eh...? ;)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    By 2020 when MS stops supporting Windows 7 to push us all over to Windows 10 they will have dropped Windows 10 for some other new fangled OS.

Windows 10 will be the last major OS Microsoft does. From here on out, they will just continue to put out updates for 10. This is so all of their devices (computers, tablets, phones etc) can continually use the same OS across all platforms.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2017
    slynnski wrote: »
    By 2020 when MS stops supporting Windows 7 to push us all over to Windows 10 they will have dropped Windows 10 for some other new fangled OS.

Windows 10 will be the last major OS Microsoft does. From here on out, they will just continue to put out updates for 10. This is so all of their devices (computers, tablets, phones etc) can continually use the same OS across all platforms.

Actually, no, there is a thread discussing a new MS OS coming out not too long from now, next year or 2019. But it may not be for the average user. I can't remember what this new OS is supposed to do nor it's name.

ETA: MS leaks...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/02/03/massive-microsoft-leaks-reveal-all-new-windows-version/#363e75576591
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Cinebar Well that’s rather annoying. Why would MS make a big deal about their final, universal OS if they were just going to go ahead and create another one down the line? :|

If I could go back to Windows 7 and stay there, I would. :/

ETA: That article is from February 2017. ‘Windows Cloud’ was the code name for the creator’s update that was released back in October.

Microsoft is planning its next release for Windows 10 in March 2018, this one coded ‘Redstone 4’.

So what I originally said is still true; 10 is still slated to be Microsoft’s last OS.