Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Gameplay Style: Favorite things to do with Nightlife.

Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 2
Personally, since I started with a Double Deluxe disc, I have never played TS2 without nightlife, but there are some things I haven't done that often until recently, such as scored outings. I never had people be baristas or bartenders for a long time because that was glitchy without a patch. And it's been absolutely forever since I went vampire hunting to turn a sim into an immortal.

So what are your favorite parts of Nightlife, and your tips and tricks for interesting gameplay?
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
Post edited by Scribal_Goddess on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited December 2017
    I like the bug feature where we can stack barista pay. I can make several thousand with in about a half a day of work. I don't really do Vampire because I'm too afraid of them turning the town and Mrs. Crumplebottom. I don't mind dates and I like the cars with alarms. :)

Outings, dancing Smustle in a group... some of the Down townies like the Slob and Mr Big. I don't like playing TS2 without NL.

The bad dates... Letters, gifts, poo...Pictures. :lol: I enjoy it. I'm still not good at outings, though.

Don't forget you sometimes have to have a Really bad dates to make it fun. :heart:

*Oh! And running out without paying the bill... Wait until the Host picks up the phone and then Run! :lol:
    *Stealing other Sims meals- right when the waiter sets it down should be the best time to grab it. :mrgreen:
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have very rarely played a barista or bartender myself. Now knowing the "feature" Rfong mentioned I might have to try! :D I like sending my couples out for romantic dinners, I love the interactions. I like sending a group of sims out bowling, or out to a club. My outing usually go ok, but not usually great. :D

I love trying to run out on the bill, I emphasize try because I don't think I have ever been successful. I like my sims can do all sorts of interactions in the car. I have at least one baby conceived that way in each family. :joy: It's great for teen dates too, what teen doesn't make out in the car?

Vampires I have played with, but I don't play them really often.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess I also started with Double Deluxe and have never played without Nightlife.

My favourite Sim to play is a character from one of my novels. He has the Romance aspiration (which makes him a lot of fun at outings), and gets asked out on a bunch of dates... In an old save, a long time ago, he once had 60 lovers at the same time!

(Marian's LTW was to have 20 lovers, but neither he nor his creator were content to rest on their laurels!) :lol:

The only thing that drove me nuts about TS2 was the need to be in love before you could woohoo. SO glad they changed that in TS3, since I play the same Sim and not falling in love with every conquest is far more accurate to the character.)

I've never run out on a bill or played a bartender. But I'm great at scored outings: as long as there's a girl present, I'll have Marian hit on her... and it's only uphill from there!

My favourite venue is easily the Crypt O'Night Club (which also fits with my character). I love clever wordplay, the TS2 vampires, and group smustling, not to mention photobooth woohoo.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Scribal_Goddess I also started with Double Deluxe and have never played without Nightlife.

My favourite Sim to play is a character from one of my novels. He has the Romance aspiration (which makes him a lot of fun at outings), and gets asked out on a bunch of dates... In an old save, a long time ago, he once had 60 lovers at the same time!

(Marian's LTW was to have 20 lovers, but neither he nor his creator were content to rest on their laurels!) :lol:

The only thing that drove me nuts about TS2 was the need to be in love before you could woohoo. SO glad they changed that in TS3, since I play the same Sim and not falling in love with every conquest is far more accurate to the character.)

I've never run out on a bill or played a bartender. But I'm great at scored outings: as long as there's a girl present, I'll have Marian hit on her... and it's only uphill from there!

My favourite venue is easily the Crypt O'Night Club (which also fits with my character). I love clever wordplay, the TS2 vampires, and group smustling, not to mention photobooth woohoo.

I try do do that type of stuff, but I keep getting rejected for "do you like what you see?".
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    theFella wrote: »

I try do do that type of stuff, but I keep getting rejected for "do you like what you see?".

Romantic interactions have a specific set of "riskiness" factors based on the two sims' daily and lifetime relationship scores. New interactions become available based on your sim's relationship, and not the other sim's... in my experience the sim that you direct to flirt with a townie gains relationship with them faster than the townie gains relationship almost every time. Any action that has a lightning bolt by it is relatively "risky" but can also have greater rewards if you guess right and the other sim likes your sim enough. :smiley:

Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I like eating at restaurants, going on dates, the new chemistry system... I have never managed to make an outing great, I think, but I rarely make my sims go on outings anyway. The date rewards are a nice addition and fun, but it does get a bit annoying to receive all those flowers and letters I don't know where to put. More variety would be great, or maybe make it so that Sims don't always get some. :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    Vampires in TS2 do not spawn nor turn others without the player setting certain things up to be triggered to happen. That is why TS2 is the better game than all of them when it comes to how the game works and how players are responsible for what actually happens, no spawning.

In TS2 if your Sim that you have turned into a vampire is commanded to bite another Sim thisa sets off triggers that will allow the Count and Countess to also bite a percentage of the population. That percentage is very low somewhere between one to three more Sims. End of story. No one else will ever be bitten again unless you again tell a Sim to bite another. The Count and Countess think if you can do it, so can they. :p

Snooty Sims used to list the percentage when the site was dedicated to TS2. They also used to list all the percentages about everything that could happen in TS2 and which patches and or EPs changed any of these percentages to lower or raise the odds.

I used to play as a part time bartender or baresta all the time until Apartment Life was installed which ruined these pay earners. After AL your Sim is constanly interrupted due to Sims now wanting to greey (shake hands) with eveyrone on the lot. Your Sim can hardly get the first $5 on the DJ booth or the $16 as bartender or baresta without someone interrupting them to make them stop working and change back into street clothes. I never did find a mod to stop them from interrupting Sims who were working as a bartender etc. If it had not been for the apartment features in the EP I would have uninstalled it day one.

Chemistry will allow Sims to have better outcomes with romantic interactions without having to have a higher relationship, I depended on it to make sure Sims could get into a relationship a lot faster than before chemistry was in the game. It was great. I loved when Sims couldn't stand someone and would do the fake puke gesture. :D

When I first got NL I sent Sims to that bar/restaurant that had those things with fire shooting out of them. Some Sims went to toast some marshmellows before going indoors to the bar and restaurant, they burned up , I started using that object in lots of places, >:) volcanos I dug, the Enterprise's Main Engerizer/ generator behind glass, lol..NL is great EP.

ETA: And the karaoke machine I used it for many band videos that were a lot of fun to create. Use move objects to removed the machine away from Sim and then you can put the singer anywhere or duet, and video it, it was a huge amount of fun for me to do that with a lot of oldie songs and create my bands.

I don't want to forgetting dating and the gifts, the romantic table interactions and finally restaurants! My Sims had been going to a community lot I created as a restuarant where they had to make salad for everyone (eat out) before NL, so I was thrilled with restuarants and the romantic table actions, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    When I first got NL I sent Sims to that bar/restaurant that had those things with fire shooting out of them.

P.U.R.E. (Party Until Really Early)! I love that place and always send my sims there. :D

My favorite part of Nightlife (besides Chemistry) and something I can’t play without, is dates. They are a very, very easy way to boost a sim’s aspiration score and needs if necessary.

I will send a sim on a date if it is right before his birthday and his aspiration is green or lower. :)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited December 2017
    As most of you probably guessed by my Avatar, I'm not a RL Nightlife kind of person. So one of the things I love about TS is that no matter our age, we can find activities for our Sims to that we ourselves would do. My play style is totally different than anyone else's. Isn't that cool?

Yesterday, my second generation who are starting to pair up with their partners are getting engaged and married. Some of them are just too poor/busy/tired/lazy (me) to do anything special. But I thought I should try out the date/engagement for one of them. Troy and Nina went to a nice place for dinner. Fortunately she had the thought popup (literally) she wanted lobster. So he ordered it for them both. That date meter climbed up a bit. They had a nice time and then he surprised her with a ring! Date meter shot way up! There was plenty of time left so they went to P.U.R.E. There they had fun dancing. That Smuzle had been a huge favorite in college so they did that and the date meter shot to the top.

THEN the boyfriend who broke Nina's heart in college showed up. They had a slapping fight right on the dance floor! The good date meter slipped a bit so I drug Troy and Nina away from that and got them to Smuzle and kiss a bit. Wa la! Perfect date!

Later the next day, Nina brought Troy some roses to thank him for the perfect evening. How sweet!

So while it's not my play style, it was fun interactions to see. I do remember that each expansion offered things that made the game better and better. I'm sure I will be enjoying this one more!
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    @Rhiannon58 I am in my late 20’s and I am not a RL nightlife kind of person, either! :D

And that sounds like such a sweet and fun date (minus the ex-boyfriend slapping fight, of course)! :)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Interestingly, the ex-boyfriend has been showing up at Nina's house (she still lives with her parents) and kicking over the trash can - multiple times a day. I'm tempted to have her father go out there and pick a flight with him but it might get even worse after that. There is a lovely home-based business on the lot and I really don't want trash by the front door if/when the reviewer shows up! Hopefully he will knock it off soon. HE broke it off with HER for another woman. Sheesh. Get over yourself, dude.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2017
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Interestingly, the ex-boyfriend has been showing up at Nina's house (she still lives with her parents) and kicking over the trash can - multiple times a day. I'm tempted to have her father go out there and pick a flight with him but it might get even worse after that. There is a lovely home-based business on the lot and I really don't want trash by the front door if/when the reviewer shows up! Hopefully he will knock it off soon. HE broke it off with HER for another woman. Sheesh. Get over yourself, dude.

He is probably furious. Are you able to check? if he is one of your Sims, you should just be able to play him until he is no longer furious, and he should stop. I think. maybe.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »

If you don't want trash on your lot try getting a compost bin and recycle all your trash, the bin can still be kicked over but it will be empty.