Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Do You Like The Sims?

picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
The reason you're reading this is because you love the sims. Why? Is it the creativity or storytelling? Why do you like the sims?
Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    Well, as I child, I always loved playing with dolls and Barbies. Playing "House" was always my favorite. Doll houses made me scream with delight. Sims is like virtual Babies/doll house. Also, a part of me enjoys control of people. Of course, in real life, this doesn't happen. lol But in my off time, I enjoy leading virtual lives as I see fit. Endless entertainment.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    hellojewby wrote: »
    Well, as I child, I always loved playing with dolls and Barbies. Playing "House" was always my favorite. Doll houses made me scream with delight. Sims is like virtual Babies/doll house. Also, a part of me enjoys control of people. Of course, in real life, this doesn't happen. lol But in my off time, I enjoy leading virtual lives as I see fit. Endless entertainment.

Love your avi by the way! Yes, that's the same for me. I have always loved simulation games.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • ErinRosadoErinRosado Posts: 77 Member
    I definitely like the storytelling aspect of it. :) I've always enjoyed writing, and I ended up making Sims for characters I wasn't sure what to do with, and I actually got a better idea of their personality, etc, now that I was "seeing" them, if that makes sense.
  • DatRandomSimmerDatRandomSimmer Posts: 59 Member
    Love making my sims have crazy stories and laughing while i do it
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    I enjoy making new lots and sims. Stimulates the mind and it feels good to make something good looking.
    positively Epicurean
  • minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    For me, it's a total escape from "real life." It's a dollhouse, wish fulfillment and reality show all in one. I've recently started building more. And am going through folders of screenshots to put together some stories to also make it a creative outlet.
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    Easy escapism. When I was younger I used to just load up a community lot and admire the art design & details.
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I like creating Sims, building and decorating houses, and I like playing one family throughout the generations. I like The Sims 4 the best, The Sims 3 is good but it can be laggy and buggy, and I used to love playing The Sims 2 on my old computer. I remember when I was younger and before I knew about The Sims, I turned to my dad and said, "I'd like a game where I could play with a dolls house", and then my dad said "I don't think they have games like that", true words. It's quite weird thinking back to that moment. It sounds silly but it's like I was destined to play The Sims.
  • oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    I've been playing the sims since day one and I love building new houses and families. I like the story side of it and being able to create your own world and just play how ever you like.
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    > @oasis10 said:
    > I've been playing the sims since day one and I love building new houses and families. I like the story side of it and being able to create your own world and just play how ever you like.

I agree. I love building houses, creating families, and mostly writing stories about their lives. It's amazing how they seem to take on a life of their own. :)
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    i like it because you can be anyone and become anything(even a vampire haha). Also I love how you can create beautiful houses, decorate and be creative with the decor, be daring, do something different. Try out new careers, be someone crazy. You can make yourself,friends,family or you can go crazy and make the most unique sim ever. I also love the community that evolves from the sims as well i.e the forums/gallery/sharing.
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I like the creative aspect of sims and how I'm in control of them. You get to create your own story and there are millions of possibilities.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    The Sims series broadened my life. I always say it confined it, think about how much wasted time playing, building, or creating or editing videos or whatever. But because of The Sims I learend to think critically about situations, the best laid plans, how I would respond, or not, live outside myself, learned to broaden my creativity, learned to do things I never dreamed I could do with custom content, or videos and stories, learend to edit down to a fine wire where I could make anything look real and or look like really happened in the games, met many interesting and sometimes extremely outspoken humans along the way on forums, lived through Sims what I can no longer do in life I can do in this series. Learned all about computers because of these Sims, would have never tried building one, replacing parts (even processors) what this term meant, I bet I spent as much time learning about pcs than I have about reading tutorials of how to do things in the games. It did enlighten me, help me grow in areas I never dreamed I would go in those directions, be more savvy about pcs, learned how to do all sorts of things, some game related and some not, since the day I loaded The Sims. Helped me learn third party utilities, things I would never have tried and then go in different directions in those areas too, The Sims has truly been a tool I used to learn more than I thought I ever would desire to learn.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @hellojewby said:
    > Well, as I child, I always loved playing with dolls and Barbies. Playing "House" was always my favorite. Doll houses made me scream with delight. Sims is like virtual Babies/doll house. Also, a part of me enjoys control of people. Of course, in real life, this doesn't happen. lol But in my off time, I enjoy leading virtual lives as I see fit. Endless entertainment.

that made me smile..:) it's cute.
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @CrownSims said:
    > I like the creative aspect of sims and how I'm in control of them. You get to create your own story and there are millions of possibilities.

agree!
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Growing up in the days before computers were commonplace, I used to play a sort of paper version of sims, making up families & little communities in a notebook, sometimes using pictures from magazines & catalogs as my "CAS" & "build mode". So when Sims came along, the transition seemed only natural, though I didn't really start playing in depth until 3.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    I love the gaming aspect side of sims. However I love sims, even though it is a game, it is still educational, while teaching you how to spend money wisely, control a full-household, and how to make long-lasting relationships.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Lima_BeanLima_Bean Posts: 156 Member
    I really enjoy the game-play side of it but I really like the customization aspect. You can change how your sim interacts with others, configure their career, change their voice, etc. I really enjoy how EA supports modding, too.
    tumblr_olhgd34AWo1w036sto1_500.gif
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2017
    hellojewby wrote: »

This is an old comment, but basically this ^^. My mom has always called my Sims my "virtual Barbies."

Also, I love playing with genetics and seeing what the next generation is going to look like.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    One main reason I like the Sims is because of creativity. I love to build them unique or sometimes just basic houses and watch them go about their lives. I like the idea of being able to have generations of Sims within a NH. Another biggie is the fact when real life is annoying me, I can escape into the Sim world and forget about real life for a while.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Hahahah no
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    I first started playing the Sims back when the original was out. I think I like it so much because it's so intuitive and creative. Whether you like playing god or designing houses it ticks all of the boxes. It's easy to play and is so versatile
  • Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    I play it because I like how anything is possible in the game. It's a good escape when things get too busy in real life.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I've always liked games where I could create characters and control their actions so that's why I like the sims.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    I started playing Sims SUPER young and actually found the game from an old time friend I grew up with.
    And when I finally had the Sims game on GameCube (at that time). I grew to love it and would invite my friend over to play or watch me play.
    I literally grew up then playing a lot of the different Sims games. Guess I just really like the different stories you can build with sims.
    [

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top