Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vegetarian sim sad from eating eggs and toast?

Comments

• Options
    LonestarLonestar Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same issue with my vegetarian sims since the Cats & Dogs released. It's not just the eggs and toast either, it's also some other dishes. I created a restaurant in the new world that was added that is vegetarian only, but there have been some dishes that my sim gets sad for violating principles about that state they're vegetarian safe. Hopefully this is fixed soon or at least the items that are now making vegetarian sims sad are re-labeled based on EA's idea of what a vegetarian can consume.
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    That happened to me today and I was confused.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    It's very simple: Vegetarians don't eat anything with a face. Vegans don't eat anything that is an animal (with a face) OR an animal by-product (like eggs, cheese, milk, etc). So... it's a glitch in the game.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Vegans are not humans

Hello it's mrs. human vegan right here! :D
  • Options
    BunnyhoppyBunnyhoppy Posts: 78 Member
    Do veggie sims get sad at eating gelatine?
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »

fQL6Dcx.jpg

Vegans are not humans
    Shhh, keep it down! You don’t want to alert the vegans!
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    It's a bug that a few people have reported...a bug in the game - I understand Vegans don't eat eggs.
  • Options
    ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    edited December 2017
    In India (Jains/Hindu) vegetarian means no eggs. Certain Buddhist sects also think this, the western word vegetarian is different. Some Jains also forgo dairy completely.

Vegetarian can mean no flesh, but also no animal product depending on the beliefs.

But as for this, I think it is a bug.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited December 2017
    Eloka wrote: »
    In India (Jains/Hindu) vegetarian means no eggs. Certain Buddhist sects also think this, the western word vegetarian is different. Some Jains also forgo dairy completely.

Vegetarian can mean no flesh, but also no animal product depending on the beliefs.

Well if you are going by what the thing says when you cook it says eggs and toast is vegetarian safe but when you sims eat it it apparently isn't so the game is lying its vegetarian safe.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Eloka wrote: »

Well if you are going by what the thing says when you cook it says eggs and toast is vegetarian safe but when you sims eat it it apparently isn't so the game is lying its vegetarian safe.

Yes, it is a bug in the sims. The eggs are meant to be vegetarian in the game. I just thought what vegetarian means around the world was interesting.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Eggs with toast was my standard breakfast on work days. They made me sad too.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yep, then I got that bug too. I have the mod that I can click off emotions, so it doesn't bother me. :D I do hope it gets fixed.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AndreahGroveAndreahGrove Posts: 3 New Member
    I think it's a game glitch because I have Dine Out and Omelet is a vegetarian safe dish.
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Eggs and toast is labelled as a vegetarian-safe dish by the game, yet my last vegetairan sim always got nauseated when eating it, from "violating principles". I think it must be a bug :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Mettsen wrote: »
    Eggs and toast is labelled as a vegetarian-safe dish by the game, yet my last vegetairan sim always got nauseated when eating it, from "violating principles". I think it must be a bug :(

Hello,
    It is a bug with the game. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Vegetarian-gets-sad-moodlet-from-Eggs-amp-Toast/m-p/6406643#M49772
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Technically, if they haven't been fertilised, they're really just a chickens period. :P

Never. Eating. Eggs. Again. :D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    CrownSims wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Technically, if they haven't been fertilised, they're really just a chickens period. :P

Never. Eating. Eggs. Again. :D
    Relax, eggs are eggs, not the process of your body losing those eggs by cleaning the endometrium. Chickens don’t even have an endometrium, for the simple reason they don’t have a uterus.

Ok, biology class dismissed :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I wish they'd fix it though, and also stop your sims from getting sad when they eat fish. My mom only ate fish for years before she had me, then she went back to eating meat.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    >
    > Substitute eggs just don't include the yoke. For those of us who Fast for spiritual reasons, this can be a problem. My hubby brought it to the attention of another parishioner who was using them, since eggs are on the do not eat during this time period list, and the look on her face. She was incredulous.
    >

Egg Beaters and similar products are eggs that don't contain yolk (and sometimes contain stuff to make them seem like they do.)
    There are plenty of vegan egg substitutes that don't contain eggs, although they're usually more for baking. "Flax eggs" are just ground flaxseeds mixed with water. You wouldn't want to try to eat them as though they were scrambled eggs, but they're popular for adding moisture to vegan baked goods.
    Really, you can get a vegetarian version of almost anything. Think Tofurkey. :P
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Yep, also have this bug :|
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Why burger cake say than is recipe for vegetarians?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Why burger cake say than is recipe for vegetarians?

Because it's not made from real hamburger -- it's just a regular cake with colored frostings (and sometimes using candies for the "condiments" like tomato and pickles) to make it look like a hamburger. There's no meat involved.

Hamburger-Cake-by-Wicked-Goodies.jpg

Instructions for making: https://www.wickedgoodies.net/2010/06/how-to-make-a-hamburger-cake/

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I posted recently about this. It’s really annoying, I think it’s a bug because the game says it’s “vegerarian Safe”
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Art wrote: »
    A vegetarian do not eat eggs.

That’s a vegan. I know this for a fact cause I know a lot of vegetarians that eat eggs including one of my best friends
    21mbz47.jpg