Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

Comments

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Cottage Cheese is a very beautiful Victorian with a wonderful roof structure and gorgeous interiors :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you both so much, @rosemow and @masajo ! I always appreciate your generous comments! :smiley:
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Cottage Cheese is such an adorable small Victorian style build @StSciurus. I'm with @masajo on the roofing, such skill :heart: Your interiors look fabulous as always and fit well within the chosen theme! Bravo good sir, bravo!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    LOL! @FaithofKaela Thank you for your kind words! :smiley: This actually started off as an entry for the latest Build-n-Share challenge, but I blew through the budget in about a half an hour and just kept on going. :wink:
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Oh, a feeling I know well @StSciurus, I'm so glad you kept going!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    AnjaSAnjaS Posts: 15 Member
    Can I just say how much I love the Vintage Victorian build?? It's so lovely. And I love the attic bit!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Cottage Cheese is such a beautiful Victorian cottage! :smiley: Love the name too, very savory! :)
    I like your architecture, very cozy! Love the wall pattern you chose and great window and door choices. I also like how you incorporated the trims and the columns. Wonderful roofing too! Your landscaping is so wonderful! Very beautiful gardens and I also adore the backyard. Love the birdhouse in the back garden too! And your interior, so cozy! Very wonderful color choices and I love the floor art from your masters' bedroom.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Hm, very late but I actually love the meadows.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    I love your use of yellow in Cottage Cheese and how you use it in a way that isn't overwhelmingly bright. Each of the spaces seem joyful and well thought out. Very nice home! :smile:
  • Options
    I somehow forgot to check my own thread last month! Many, many thanks to @AnjaS @RyeCris16 @millsmolls @momoito and @BreeMiles for your generous comments! I really appreciate your stopping by to look at my creations! :smiley:
  • Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    I've finished my entry for the Build-n-Share Challenge #37 The Play Is The Thing. It was a very fun challenge to build a historic looking theater. I used this Victorian theater in London as my inspiration:
    Palace_Theatre_-_London.jpg

The problem in the game, though, is that there is no theater venue, so I had to make the lot a café—which means that there is an awful lot of building for very little actual use in the game. Oh well…

The Palace Theatre

X3.png
    Xroof.png
    StageOrchestra.png
    Mezzanine.png
    MezzCafe.png

Slideshow

If you have City Living, I think that building might make a very cool Arts Center and it might fit the inspiration a bit better!
  • Options
    AmeliaNova wrote: »
    If you have City Living, I think that building might make a very cool Arts Center and it might fit the inspiration a bit better!

What a great idea, @AmeliaNova ! In my own game, I've changed the stage by adding a movie screen and use it as a movie theater for my story telling. :smiley:
  • Options
    My ode to the new Laundry Pack is this house, which I call Viennoiserie
    Inspired by the design of the Wiener Werkstätte (c. 1916) this lovely home combines the best of the old and new! #laundry #cats #pool #fireplace #birdfeeder #computer #chess #pipeorgan #guitar #easel #nocc #moo #playtested #stsciurus

2mlxwmY.png
    VZUHjC2.png

For a full slide show of images, you can go here!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The exterior design of Viennoiserie is very nice! :) Very nice front area of the build! The water fountain feature and the left and right hand steps to the front entrance looks very nice!The white colour of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The chequered black and white flooring in the entrance hall looks very stylish! Very nice light filled dining room! The windows used in the build looks nice. Sims will enjoy eating meals at the dining table with sunshine coming in. The candles and fruit bowl on the dining table, the plates and teaset on the side table, and the crockery cabinet are nice touches in the room. Very nice kitchen! The floor and wall tiling /pattern looks very nice, and looks nice how the cabinets have been placed on the walls. It is great that there is an island workbench in the room. The pantry with the new laundry items in it is great! It is nice that a patterned wall divider separates off the living and dining areas. Very nice fireplace sofa seats sitting area there! Sims will enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire having a drink from the globe bar or have fun playing chess. Very nice library! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer with sunshine coming in through the windows, or have a read on an armchair in the corner nook. It is nice that there is a pipe organ there for sims to enjoy playing.
    I won’t write more about the rest of the home as the post is getting a bit long, but all of the home inside and outdoors is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @rosemow , for your generous comments and for taking the time to look through my slide show! :smiley:
  • Options
    Viennoiserie is such an elegant and stately build yet beautifully fresh and zesty, a fantastic ode to the new Laundry Pack :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @StSciurus, Viennoiserie is such an elegant and lovely home! Beautiful entry courtyard and I just love the gorgeous interiors. :blush:
  • Options
    A big thank you to both of you, @masajo and @WrathofCath , for your kindness and support! :blush:
  • Options
    My entry for Build-n-Share #90 East Meets West is a restaurant called La Belle Asie. For the architecture and interior, I decided to use a modern Japanese æsthetic with contrasting dark and light woods and natural stone and brick with pops of red. I also used decorative elements from various Asian cultures.

igVFXm3.png
    2QM8Fjy.png
    5HT7GZJ.png
    fSEb2gR.png
    nzQgKwX.png

Slide show
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    La Belle Asie is a very nice Aslan restaurant ! :) Very nice modern Asian design of the venue! The wooden and brick textures of the walls looks nice. The entrance area looks great! The frog water fountain feature is a nice touch. Very nice light filled waiting room. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting waiting on the sofa or in the armchairs for a table. The flowers on the stone table near the hosting station are pretty for Sims to see when they enter the venue. Very nice outdoors dining patio! The type of dining seats used suits the Asian theme well and the candles look pretty . Sims will enjoy eating their meals outdoors in the air. It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs have been set up in the interior areas for Sims to enjoy dining there. The golden birds are a nice touch on the wall. Very nice bar and lounge area. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas having a chat or enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The drinks shelves are a nice touch on the bar wall.
    It is a very nice restaurant ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow ! You have made my day! :smiley:
  • Options
    holeofwonderholeofwonder Posts: 33 Member
    Elegant.
  • Options
    La Belle Aisie is such a beautiful restaurant, a great design with wonderful modern interiors, the Asian vibe really shines :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Black and White Beauty

I was inspired by the most recent Build-n-Share challenge to create my own modern house using only black, white, shades of gray and green plants and white flowers. The house uses a lot of custom content from my favorite creators, so I have not uploaded the lot to the gallery.

8azlNsB.png
    b0iXg63.png
    A3ORZG8.png
    P3rqpEF.png
    ujjl9xT.png

You can view the complete slide show here.