Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go To School Mod Help?

SimLover48702SimLover48702 Posts: 153 Member
Hello! I'm having an issue with the Go To School mod I downloaded for TS4. My sims go to school, but it doesn't take me to any actual building so I can "go to school"? From what it looks like, all there is, is a package file in my Mods folder that doesn't do anything. Am I supposed to do something more than just install the package file? If so, what am I supposed to do?
Thank you, and happy Simming! <3
tumblr_mub46s5VJ51so0aeto1_500.gif

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    This link explains about the mod
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160319209200/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack-v4-repost

These parts of the page may help you
    Go to School adds two new venue types: Elementary School and High School. In order for the mod to work, you’ll need to place these lots somewhere in your game, otherwise you won’t receive the option to follow your Sim to school. You can find these venues on the gallery, or you can build your own.
    When placing a school lot from the gallery, the game doesn’t always automatically recognise it, and therefore you won’t get the option to follow your Sim to school. To fix this problem, change the lot to a random type, exit Build Mode, enter Build Mode again then change it back.
  • MoonlitDesireXMoonlitDesireX Posts: 1 New Member
    I have set up everything right and my sims can go to secondary school but they can't study anything on a laptop or declare subjects or get bordem boosts from teachers ECT.... idk what to do!
  • saja08saja08 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am finally getting this mod thing somewhat right. But one problem l cleared a lot found a elementary /high school but how to get the venue change to show up. I go back in but neither is listed to choose from?
  • LVDYHVWKELVDYHVWKE Posts: 5 New Member
    Im still having an issue of all of my students and the teacher resetting and not sitting down when I try to "ATTEND CLASS" at the teachers podium. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so have you found a fix?
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Oh it’s possible that mod needs to be fixed, Zerbu has come back to modding but it’s going to be a while before he fixes it, I believe
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @LVDYHVWKE you are describing a known glitch. The workaround for it is to put a particular sticker on the wall. You will find a wall sticker in the packet you downloaded; put it on the wall in the room with the teacher's podium.
  • ninjaconorninjaconor Posts: 105 Member
    I'm having issues with the mod too. Kids going to school works perfectly, but when adults take on either of the education careers, they won't leave my house when it's time for work. They just wander around normally (but the "at work" icon appears over their profile picture). Then if they travel to a new lot, their career resets to "none".
  • SquidtoeSquidtoe Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded the go to school mod, placed the schools, and made it to the place. Thing is, the teacher doesnt have the attend class option. HELP MEEEEE!!!!1
  • akatsuki666akatsuki666 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey guys I really hope someone replies to this because I have an issue, I got the “go to school” mod and it works perfectly, I can go to school with my Sims. The only issue is I was told that every child or every teenager in the Sims World will attend the school and I was super excited for that because I wanted to have the chance to see & meet all the other Teenager Sims and Children Sims in the world. I prefer going to high school with my teen rather than elementary, but every time my Sim goes to school barely any other teens show up only about 4-5 at the most + a teacher, principle, ganitor & councellor. And it’s frustraing me because I know there is defiantly more than 5 teen sims in the world because I’ve created a bunch of teen sims hoping they would show up at school but they never do, only the same 4-5 teens show up everyday and I don’t know why, I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue and can help me because I really want to have heaps of people in my school (because it’s pretty big) and I want to see all the different teens and make friends and have the classrooms filled.
  • tiffanywithumtiffanywithum Posts: 6 New Member
    I got the mod installed and a school with the mod, I cannot get my sims to go there? How can I do that? It just sends them to the base school like with the base game and I cannot follow them
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    To get the school lot to work, got into the main world, click on the school, change the lot to generic and go back into the world. Go back to the school lot and switch it back to the elementary or high school, and exit the lot again. Go to the family that you want to play and you should get the pop up in the morning asking if you want to go to school with your child.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• selpupselpup Posts: 1 New Member
    Umm i put the stickers but but the teachers still won't do anything
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Does anyone know if this mod is still working as of the latest patch?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Normals_SuckNormals_Suck Posts: 16 Member
    I am having the same problem, I downloaded the game, placed the high school and elementary lots, changed the lot venue- went bak and changed it again, and yet I'm still be sent to the school in the base game and not given the offer to leave. I added the podium and stickers (which I'm not quite sure where to place them but I did it wherever i think the Teacher NPC will stand 0_0) and still nothing! I just recently downloaded 2 days ago so it is most recent, I wonder if the latest patch just doesn't work.....???????? Help!!!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    Have any of you tried asking your questions in the discord for this mod? https://discordapp.com/invite/r9SrU9B
  • Flarn121Flarn121 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also having trouble with this. I don't know what you change the school's to after you change it to generic. When I go under lot types, there isn't any Elementary/High School options. This is preventing me from going to school with my kids. Can I get some help plz?
  • 123nbahal123nbahal Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm having a different problem. I can go to school with my children, but I can't do anything school-wise. Everyone, including the staff, spawn outside. It said to take a introduction class, but that doesn't appear when I click on the teacher or the podium. All I can do is interactions with the principal and counselor. But I did notice that last exception errors are going haywire, even with every other mod disabled. Somebody?
  • SimsLadyDerpSimsLadyDerp Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah, so I do not even have any teachers showing up. I have a principal, counselor, janitor, and students, but no teachers. Am I doing something incorrectly? Please help me.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    123nbahal wrote: »
    I'm having a different problem. I can go to school with my children, but I can't do anything school-wise. Everyone, including the staff, spawn outside. It said to take a introduction class, but that doesn't appear when I click on the teacher or the podium. All I can do is interactions with the principal and counselor. But I did notice that last exception errors are going haywire, even with every other mod disabled. Somebody?
    Yeah, so I do not even have any teachers showing up. I have a principal, counselor, janitor, and students, but no teachers. Am I doing something incorrectly? Please help me.

You may get a better response asking your questions on the discord site for this Mod: https://discordapp.com/invite/r9SrU9B
  • 123nbahal123nbahal Posts: 11 New Member
    Bananas, I figured out my problem. I tried skipping the inroduction day, and it had a new goal of using a computer. I clicked on the computer, and the game stated a obstacle was in the way. So I readded the doors, and there still was that problem. I figured out the foundation was too high off the ground! So I lowered it down, and the teacher rushed to the podium, and it's working perfectly now. It's was just a little mistake with the foundation.
  • AmberLenyAmberLeny Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having the problem of the introductory class option not being available but it turned out the building I downloaded from the gallery had no door (or the door got deleted due to me not having the right pack). Sometimes it's the simplest things so check that you can enter the building. Just thought this might be helpful to someone
  • FlyBiFlyBi Posts: 1 New Member
    no one is having the problem where the objects on build mode (or buy mode) dont show up..

guess its just me :'(
  • kachafkachaf Posts: 2 New Member
    > @FlyBi said:
    > no one is having the problem where the objects on build mode (or buy mode) dont show up..
    >
    > guess its just me :'(

I have the same problem and I will be really thankful if somebody could help me. Everything is working but I can't buy anything for the school like the podium or the signs :(
  • smokeyfaysmokeyfay Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello I downloaded the mod i made my highschool and it works perfectly I just have one problem (which i googled but didn;t find a solution) I have the principal office and the councelor and i have the npcs normally only they are never in their office but at the far end outside the school and it takes years for my sim to to there (the same problem I have witht he Chief in the police career)
    Is there anything I can do about it?
  • EmilyHEmilyH Posts: 2 New Member
    For some reason, I have downloaded the mod, but the options for an elementary school and high school won’t show up in lot type. I deleted and reinstalled the mod, but nothing happened. I am able to do declare subject and all other actions.