The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any worlds you don't use?

I don't use Oasis Springs as I'm not a fan of desert worlds.
I don't use Newcrest because I have no need to, not a huge fan of the layout and wouldn't know where to begin.
I've built 3 of 4 lots in Magnolia Promenade but my sims never seem to visit there and I thought I'd use Windenburg and Brindleton Bay but so far I haven't apart from a fish restaurant.

Are there any worlds you don't use? When so many of us are running out of space, do you have any worlds that are surplus to requirements? Are there any worlds where you don't like the layout/landscape? or just never got around to using?

Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Forgotten Hollow, but might move a couple of my vampire families there
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I don't use Newcrest. Hate the layout.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Magnolia Promenade. To small for my Taste of a shopping world. Would rather had a world hull of many shops like OFB rather than to have three shops. Basically that is why I turned my newcrest a shopping Center.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited December 2017
    I've only used OS 1 time in fact in all the sims TS-TS4 that was the only time I used any of the sandy type worlds.

ETA:

I've also never used MP.
    I'm not running out of room though but that's because I only play one family per save.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I almost never use Newcrest, too. I'm not a builder, and the lots that are on the gallery often don't really fit into the world, so I just leave it empty all the time. Magnolia Promenade is also a world I rarely use, the same with Windenburg. Now that I think about it, the only world I currently use are Oasis Springs, Myshuno and Willow Creek.

I like to play like all the world are miles apart from each other, so I don't let sims that live, for example, in Oasis Springs travel to Willow Creek and so on, just for immersion. When I run out of space, I mostly just replace lots I don't use and that's it.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Forgotten Hollow which is odd because I think its gorgeous in a dark and broody sort of way, and I love how vampires were done in this version of the game. Not really sure why I never use it. Could be that its just so small. I don't use Magnolia Promenade either.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2017
    San Myshuno. Even the slightest bit of stutter ruins a game for me, and there's a fair bit there, especially during festivals. And I've got a high-end rig.

Newcrest. I just can't be bothered to populate it.

• samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I don't really use Oasis Springs much for the same reason as OP, that I don't really like desert worlds. I also don't really use Forgotten Hollow... not sure why. I guess it's just too small and gothic for me? Idk. I suppose I don't really play with vampires much and I don't really have many sims other than vampires that would choose to live in FH anyway.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    SimGamer15 wrote: »
    I don't use Newcrest. Hate the layout.

I like the layout of the middle neighbourhood, all in a line on a main road, but I don't like the countryside behind it - needs a river or something. Hate the bottom right neighbourhood 'cause it's on an intersection; I can't work with that for some reason. Also the neighbourhood at the top's also on an intersection.

Can't do anything with Pendula View in WC for the same reason.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I never used Magnolia Promenade apart from that one time I had a family buy Paddywhacks' Emporium- didn't enjoy it. Maybe I'd like it better if I find some retail builds that I like. Dislike how there's only four lots, like wth is up with that?

I actually recently began playing sims living in Windenburg, I LOVE the world just never had an interest in playing the premades, and there aren't many empty houses or lots. For some reason, I have a hard time deleting/evicting premades and so they're just there taking up space and beautiful homes. I don't know, I feel weird....somewhat guilty if I evict them and move in my own household. Don't judge me :|

Newcrest is basic, but I use it; I only have one empty lot left. I do not build, I download from the gallery, and I don't care about the houses matching the aesthetics or whatever. I need the space I only play one save with like 30+ households. Haven't played with vampires much, got the bundle last month after cats and dogs so didn't have the chance to check out Forgotten Hollow yet.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    In most save games I don't bother with Magnolia Promenade.. usually it's just to put business places or restaurants in when I'm replacing the old ones (that I never use). I don't like my sims to live in forgotten hollow unless they are npc or extra character types, it gets too dark for me while playing there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,826 Member
    My main family lives in Brindleton Bay and three related families live in Willow Creek. The rest of the worlds are populated with families I don't play and community lots and businesses. Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade are strictly community and commercial lots. My sims visit friends and community lots in all the worlds. The one world I've not gotten around to populating or making any changes is Forgotten Hollow. Count Vlad lives there but the remaining four lots are empty.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited December 2017
    It's funny because when I got Sims 2, I used to love going back and forth between the desert and grassy worlds, but when I started playing with 4, I stuck solely to Willow Creek. Now that I've started over on console, I've been playing in Oasis Springs mainly, though playing at parks in all different worlds when I go out fishing and collecting and such.

I think Oasis Springs is off-putting when you look at it from the map, but once you start playing a house in the world, I think it looks a lot pretty. I also have City Living, though I haven't really played in it yet, but I intend to soon. I haven't used Newcrest, Idk. I just don't feel like building up a whole town, though maybe one day I will.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I use all the worlds, giving them different themes. I keep most of the pre-made families sometimes changing their lots, changing the houses to my taste. I add my own families, then I add community lots trying to balance venues in each world so they'll be fun and interesting to visit.

MP is community lots only. I have made a fresh food market, a sea food restaurant and a art gallery. There is also a flea market made by a simmer friend. OS is mostly a science center. I have made a large laboratory (a library) replacing the park in the middle of the map. This is where my scientists and astronauts have built a space rocket. I have built a cocktail bar The Bourdon Blue Bar for my sims to go and relax. NC is my own New Orleans for artists, musicians, writers, painters, etc. WC is my favorite world for nice families living ordinary, realistic but joyful lives. WBurg is the financial and commercial center. Most of the families living there are wealthy. I have made a restaurant, a cocktail bar and a clothes boutique for the modern center of the city. The old part has a night club, a bar, a cafe, and a library. The island has a nature spa, an experimental restaurant, a yoga temple and a small castle, vestiges of the past. FH is for my vampires. I have made a museum with a cemetery. SM is mostly the political and social center, but I kept the spirit of each neighborhoods. BB is for fisherman and collectors families and animals. I have giving cats and dogs to some families in the others worlds. Gosts are limited as well as Aliens and Vampires. I verify the family manager so I will not let the game had too much of these and I make sure they are not too much visible, even if they are present.

I play in rotation in all the worlds.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t use Windenburg because I’m not into the style/random fist fights. I also don’t use Oasis Springs because I’m not familiar with the style.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    For me there are worlds where my Sims live in and there are worlds my Sims only visit. So far. I don't have the Vamp pack or the pets pack so the worlds from them is a closed book for me.

I've been playing in the city a lot these days and am now going back to Willow Creek. I really like Willow Creek and there I have all my old established households. I started in that world and its a special favorite. Oasis is an odd duck for me but I have 2 households there that I play and I am planning to redo that world a bit along with Willow Creek. Mostly changing out the community lots and redo some of the residential lots.

Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade is a worlds that is uninhabited completely but I have plans that involves future generations. Magnolia Promenade is a world I have NEVER liked (still don't really) and had no idea what to do with. I demolished all the buildings and put an small apartment building by the river/sea and a cinema beside it. Across the road on the big lot I plomped down a big mall retail structure. I plan on having my Sims visit to go to the movies and the mall. I don't like retails and don't play with them but I like having them around as a scenic structures and a place for my Sims to go to. Planning on rezoning that lot as a restaurant or a café or even a nightclub and make a few changes to the structures.

Newcrest I finally finished before xmas and believe you me, for someone with an attentionspan of a hummingbird, it was quite a feat. The upper most lots are residentials where I put a big apartment building (with a whopping 8 apartments and no I don't plan on having all of them occupied thank you very much, I have enough anxiety with only 4 Sims), 2 duplex houses and two midsized family houses. On the bottom right side lots I put community lots. A pool, a brunch restaurant, a bus stop/park/nightclub I plan to be a hangout for teens, a church (for wedding) and at last a little square with some shops and a café. On the bottom left lots I put the Maxis Llama restaurant, a majoral/municipal building, a spa and a community centre.

Newcrest, like Magnolia will be used by future generations to live in but the community lots are already in use. I have had my Sims go on dates in that Brunch restaurant and I liked it very much. Its working quite nicely (knocks on wood).

I really love how picturesque Windenburg is and I have had my Sims visit a lot of the community lots but I have yet to play with the families there.
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    I don't use Newcrest because I'm too lazy to fill it up. I'm not too fond of using Willow Creek these days because I feel like I always make my sims live there when I start a new game. My favorite places to live are San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay because they're so pleasing to the eye. Oasis Springs can also be really aesthetically pleasing once you look around as well.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would have to say forgotten hollow, even though I love it. I only have my vampire sim there so I hardly ever go to it. Maybe I should get a cool community lot from the gallery and place it there.

Then I would say Magnolia Promenade. I filled it in with awesome gallery lots, but even that way I hate it. It feels so odd to have a “world” with 4 lots only and no real town areas for sims to visit. The whole world is dull and out of place to me. If I could I would delete it all together
    21mbz47.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've dipped into all the worlds but I can say that I don't like playing in Oasis Springs the least, I just hate the desert; but due to space issues I have to start using the lots eventually.

Willow Creek is where most of my established, "normal" families live. I've kept everything generally the same yet I don't use half the houses, though I placed an art museum, the lost gardens of healing, and a bistro there.

Oasis Springs I don't like the aesthetic, but I made it work by adding in a spa, a diner, and a relaxing community pool, and also plan on replacing the art museum there for a bowling alley whenever I get Bowling stuff. I have the least amount of households I play living there.

Newcrest is where I keep space for mostly community lots, some houses are there but they're very pricey and only really affordable for the wealthy. I placed a mall, a vet clinic, library, karaoke bar, lounge, a combo underground mini-mall/fitness center, gym, cafe, and park. It's also where I placed down an updated version of the Von Haunt estate. I currently play one household there.

I rarely forget that Magnolia Promenade is a world, sometimes I forget it's even there altogether. Though, I have placed a high-end restaurant and an arts center there.

Windenburg is my favorite and I play many households there. I've kept everything generally the same but vastly updated many of the existing lots there already. However I'm thinking of replacing the cafe in the modern district although I gave it an underground arcade, I don't seem to ever go there and find it pointless to keep it, plus it gets laggy if too many Sims are at the lot. I'd instead move the underground arcade to say a bowling alley and replace that cafe with perhaps a burger bar or something more interesting in the future. I also placed a country vet clinic for future ownership.

Most of my households are packed into San Myshuno. I really don't mind cozy living for my Sims and there have been some nice apartments those Sims live in. I've kept everything generally the same for now with lots of updates, though I may convert the one house to something else more, and maybe replacing the karaoke bar in the Spice Market with a better bar or something. I've always hated that bar.

Forgotten Hollow is where most of my vamps live only, and the only empty lot there I placed an expansive nightclub, that really has that feel of Sims who enjoy the nightlife too much kind of vibe. Makes a great vampire hangout.

Brindelton Bay I'm still working on getting myself immersed in the environment and only play a couple houses. I did initially place a spa in the one empty lot in the square but found the spawn points for visiting Sims to be broken so I had no choice but to place a residence there, and a pricey one at that. For the docks, I put a seafood restaurant (it was only natural lol) and a pirate-themed bar and a kid's library on the higher end of the beach area.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    I don't use Oasis spring...don't know why but it's not ineresting for me.
    and guys...Happy New Year!!!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I use all of my worlds since I have a lot of non-premade townies I occasionally play with.

Odd enough, the world I use the least is Windenburg. I don't often visit any of the areas much once my sims start focusing on their jobs since Windenburg has a lot of places my single sims usually venture in. The townies I placed there aren't ones I really play, but ones I just like that I wanted to give a home to. Windenburg is still the place I'm still confused with and sort of unrecognizable to me since I barely visit LOL I should play there more since it's really pretty there and I like the view :joy:
    If we're taking all of the worlds into account, then I'd say Granite Falls. I usually visit whenever I wanna randomly build a cabin, so I'd drag some random family over on vacation to play test them... :joy:

I use all the other ones generously, including Magnolia Promenade, which is my retail/restaurant area. I may not do much on the retail part, but I run a restaurant I struggle with 90% of the time and also visit restaurants there whenever I have the chance to. I'm a sucker for family gatherings.
    I even visit Forgotten Hollow more than Windenburg, mostly with my vampires who don't live there a lot to steal extra wolfsbane or whatever I need too.

My most used is definitely Willow Creek and Newcrest. I like how basic they are I guess. Newcrest is filled with my main family's extended family, so I'm almost always there if not Willow Creek. Oasis Springs is my #3 I think, since it was my only other world for a while.
    > @Cement said:
    > I use all of my worlds since I have a lot of non-premade townies I occasionally play with.
    >
    > Odd enough, the world I use the least is Windenburg. I don't often visit any of the areas much once my sims start focusing on their jobs since Windenburg has a lot of places my single sims usually venture in. The townies I placed there aren't ones I really play, but ones I just like that I wanted to give a home to. Windenburg is still the place I'm still confused with and sort of unrecognizable to me since I barely visit LOL I should play there more since it's really pretty there and I like the view :joy:
    > If we're taking all of the worlds into account, then I'd say Granite Falls. I usually visit whenever I wanna randomly build a cabin, so I'd drag some random family over on vacation to play test them... :joy:
    >
    > I use all the other ones generously, including Magnolia Promenade, which is my retail/restaurant area. I may not do much on the retail part, but I run a restaurant I struggle with 90% of the time and also visit restaurants there whenever I have the chance to. I'm a sucker for family gatherings.
    > I even visit Forgotten Hollow more than Windenburg, mostly with my vampires who don't live there a lot to steal extra wolfsbane or whatever I need too.
    >
    > My most used is definitely Willow Creek and Newcrest. I like how basic they are I guess. Newcrest is filled with my main family's extended family, so I'm almost always there if not Willow Creek. Oasis Springs is my #3 I think, since it was my only other world for a while.

Newcrest is my favourite :)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited December 2017
    I haven't built any lots in Magnolia Promenade, none of my families live there or ever visit it. That world is so small and insignificant that I keep forgetting it even exists. Every other world is beautiful and unique in its own way, something I don't see in MP unfortunately.

The world I use the most has to be Newcrest if we go by the number of families living there, but if we go by time spent playing with families in a world, it would probably be Willow Creek.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't use Newcrest at all and I'm yet to use Brindleton Bay.