Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to bath a cat?

does anyone know how? my cat ran away (for no reason at all) and when she cam home she was smelly and had fly's around her... there is nothing popping up on the bath tub to wash her.. or the sink.. or on her and i tried taking her to the vet but shes not sick?

Comments

• AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    There is no way to bathe a cat. They clean themselves and then they won't be smelly anymore and the flies will go away. Just give it a little time. They clean themselves just like in real life :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If the cat has fleas, I think you need to take her to the vet to get rid of them.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Yes, I think I saw on one of the trailers that the smelly pet thing is an illness (I don't know what it is called in the game), for which you have to take your pet to the vet.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If the pet is sick, it's thumbnail should be red and you can ask what's wrong. You'll get a notification suggesting a trip to the vet.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I don't think most people bath their cats in real life so it makes sense if you can't on The Sims, if you tried to put my irl pet cat into a bath she would probably claw chunks out of your arms LOL
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    April wrote: »
    There is no way to bathe a cat. They clean themselves and then they won't be smelly anymore and the flies will go away. Just give it a little time. They clean themselves just like in real life :)

It would be nice to have the option to bathe a cat but yes agree cats tend to clean themselves anyway.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I wish we could bathe the cats when they get stinky--my cat IRL actually loved water and getting bathed.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    My cat Charlie loved baths too. I had to keep the bathroom door closed anytime I ran a bubble bath. He would just launch himself into the tub. He also liked to nap in the bathroom sink and turn the water on. I was always worried one day he was going to flood the bathroom.
  • StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    It did just go away she cleaned herself.... I bath my cat irl too... she doesn't like it and does try to bit me...too bad they didn't make it like that but still really like the pack
  • OctopusSandwichOctopusSandwich Posts: 4 New Member
    The cat will wash themselves. I was confused for the longest time.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    mistwolf7 wrote: »
    I wish we could bathe the cats when they get stinky--my cat IRL actually loved water and getting bathed.

It's rare, but I had a cat that would actually love to take baths with you so.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2017
    Cats don't really need to be bathed IRL so it makes sense. IT stresses them out because the whole point of them cleaning themselves is to protect from predators.

Then again, every cat is different.

I had to give my Cat a flea bath when she was little, other than that though I try to avoid water.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ThatDangSimmerThatDangSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    > @StoneNumber7 said:
    > does anyone know how? my cat ran away (for no reason at all) and when she cam home she was smelly and had fly's around her... there is nothing popping up on the bath tub to wash her.. or the sink.. or on her and i tried taking her to the vet but shes not sick?

Same for my cat. I guess Maxis & EA want Sims 4 to be as realistic as possible, so they figured, "Hey, cats hate baths! Lets just not add it into the mod." Like I said earlier, Maxis & EA want a realistic game, so they added that cats lick themselves. The fume goes away after some time.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    VERY... Carefully - if you value your arms and hands, anyway! I used to work in a vet clinic MANY years ago (real life), and we gave cats baths - mostly to get rid of any fleas that the cat had, though sometimes after surgery (once the cat has woken up abit). Had to be extra gentle around the stitches! Other times, it was just a request by the owner. But yeah, you CAN bathe a cat, but just be ready for those sharp claws!

As far as the game goes, I don't think there is a way to bathe your cats.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    It would have been kinda cool if cats could have like a preference or a dislike for water for like a trait or something. Some cats really like water and others hate it, it just depends on their personality. :)
  • simslover823simslover823 Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be nice if they had a trait for cats that says ''Loves Water'' or ''Loves Baths''
  • Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Hi all, I just purchased the cats and dogs expansion pack when it was on sale for 50% off, so excited to try it out with the vet profession. Can't wait to create my cat in CAS with the same markings that she has, that should be fun. I've had my cat for almost a yr, adopted her back last Feb. Never gave her a bath, she is very clean, she always smells good. The only thing I did do is wash the top of her head as we are always giving her kisses there and obviously she can't reach to groom herself up there lol.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I wish we had the option tho, I mean I am not going to bath cats, I just want to see the animation when cats refuses to bath
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I just had the exact problem, cat ran away and returned home all filthy! Agree with other players, there should be an option to bathe the cats. My cat IRL loves to play with water, and I do bathe him occasionally to keep his fur clean. Hopefully we can have this option in a future patch.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I just had the exact problem, cat ran away and returned home all filthy! Agree with other players, there should be an option to bathe the cats. My cat IRL loves to play with water, and I do bathe him occasionally to keep his fur clean. Hopefully we can have this option in a future patch.

Cats should clean themselves, so after some time they shouldn't. I had a cat run away and come back filthy, but after some time cat cleaned himself and then he was clean.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited March 2018
    fullspiral wrote: »
    If the cat has fleas, I think you need to take her to the vet to get rid of them.

Ok, and how do I take them to the vet then? Don't we have an option to make different healing stuff by using the vet station at home?
    Most cats don't react well to being put into any type of water!

• AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    A bit out of topic buy guys cats don't need baths. They clean themselves and bathing them is bad for their skin. If your cats are stinking take them go the vet (in the game and real life too!)
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    If they ever put in bathe a cat option I hope they will provide body armor and headgear.
    edited March 2018
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    If they ever put in bathe a cat option I hope they will provide body armor and headgear.
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Agree lol.
    Otherwise its going to be very painful.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top