Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking at the Stuff Packs......

Which would you get:

Vintage Glamour
Romantic Garden
Luxary Party

These are the three that I do not have but I am buying one today and wanted to know opinions.

Comments

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    That's a really tough choice!
    (If you forced me to choose, I would pick Vintage Glamour for the outfits and the butler :p )

My recommendation - take a look at the contents/description for each pack and see what items would add most to your game.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    That's a really tough choice!
    (If you forced me to choose, I would pick Vintage Glamour for the outfits and the butler :p )

My recommendation - take a look at the contents/description for each pack and see what items would add most to your game.

Yeah, I agree.
    I wrote up what I liked and deleted it all, as it wasn't really much help.
    I like the game play objects in all three.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GhostlyPixGhostlyPix Posts: 35 Member
    I don't have any of these packs but in looking them over, I think content-wise, I'd probably go with Romantic Garden just because it seems it would be the one I'd be more likely to use. The butler sounds nice but I probably would hardly utilize him and I don't tend to throw any parties for my Sims so Luxury Party seems kinda silly to me.
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Vintage Glamour :)
    The b/b items look luxurious along with vanity mirror & butlers as premium gameplay features.

Oh...don't forget the fancy wallpapers, windows & door. I just feel this stuff pack is amazing.
  • emeraldirish88emeraldirish88 Posts: 29 Member
    It would be a wonderful idea to have clothes from the different decades 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Personally I'd go with Romantic Garden. I use the garden items in there over and over again. The wishing well however barely. The butler from vintage glamour I never use anymore, as night time doesn't fast forward if you got one in your house (annoying!! Lol) If you don't mind that, that would be 2nd
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Vintage no doubt. Honestly unless you are into building fancy mansions romantic garden can wait and luxuary party... honestly I think is like in my worst 3 list and in general I don’t hear good opinions about it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    Thanks!! I just decided that I am gonna purchase all three lol. I love everything about all of them and will use all of the items. I feel Luxary Party will help with boosting those parties no matter what kind, Romantic will boost the outside of the houses, then there is Vintage where I just love the clothes and the vanity and all the stuff with it LOL
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Speaking of:
    Your opinion of Vintage Glamour vs Backyard Stuff? In theory I am all over the backyard but looking at the actual features? It seems to contain virtually nothing worthwhile.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    Of those three I would personally choose the romantic garden because of all the nice plant items and garden items. I'm always a huge fan of flower and plant choices. :)
  • EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Romantic Garden since the wishing well alone gives so much value when it comes to gameplay.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Thanks!! I just decided that I am gonna purchase all three lol. I love everything about all of them and will use all of the items. I feel Luxary Party will help with boosting those parties no matter what kind, Romantic will boost the outside of the houses, then there is Vintage where I just love the clothes and the vanity and all the stuff with it LOL

Hello :)
    It is great that you have decided to buy the three stuff packs :) Each of them have very special features and items to use in our games. Happy simmming with the stuff packs!
    How much Toddler related stuff is it in the base game? I took a LONG break from this game, Toddlers weren't actually patched in when I stopped playing. The reason I ask is that I am planning on getting three stuff packs this weekend, but I have four I am interested in:
    Vintage, Backyard, Toddler, Children. Since i am NOT primarily a family player I have to pick between Children and Toddler, basically.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Children is way better than Toddler, it gives a whole new way to play with kids by introducing them to trading card battling video games and puppet theatres, plus they get a much larger array of clothes to wear and lots of great items for their room (though I tend to use some of the items on adult rooms too lol). As for Toddler, I haven't gotten it simply for the fact of the dreaded ballpit. We don't speak about the ballpit.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, i agree, aim for children first. even though only children can play with the voidcritters (which saddens me), i love them and the decor (and the way the theme's expanded in other packs. parenthood and toddler both include voidcritter themed stuff). i've set up voidcritter arenas in the big parks in willow creek and oasis springs, with clubs that 'own' each one. and like paradise said above, many of the decor items, though mostly kid-aimed work well for teen/adult sims. some of my geeks have a few voidcritter cards/poster/decals, athletic sims and gyms often wind up with one of the jerseys and so on.

toddler stuff nice, too. but i know most non-family players get easily irked with toddlers. (i don't know what to classify myself, since i do a bit of everything. but toddlers to frustrate me if i focus on a family with them for too long). the play dates are nice, though. even if you have to have your parent sims meet the toddler and their parent sims before can invite them. and the voidcritter themed overalls are beyond adorable. and, i know it's just another dollhouse, but i love the dollhouse from this for outdoorsy settings or families that primarily have the 'loves outdoors' trait. plus, the paw shoes!
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @collegemommaof3 said:
    > Which would you get:
    >
    > Vintage Glamour
    > Romantic Garden
    > Luxary Party
    >
    >
    > These are the three that I do not have but I am buying one today and wanted to know opinions.

I really need Vintage party in my game :)
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > Children is way better than Toddler, it gives a whole new way to play with kids by introducing them to trading card battling video games and puppet theatres, plus they get a much larger array of clothes to wear and lots of great items for their room (though I tend to use some of the items on adult rooms too lol). As for Toddler, I haven't gotten it simply for the fact of the dreaded ballpit. We don't speak about the ballpit.

Children for sure!
    Thank you everyone :)
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    How much Toddler related stuff is it in the base game? I took a LONG break from this game, Toddlers weren't actually patched in when I stopped playing. The reason I ask is that I am planning on getting three stuff packs this weekend, but I have four I am interested in:
    Vintage, Backyard, Toddler, Children. Since i am NOT primarily a family player I have to pick between Children and Toddler, basically.

Children has cooler stuff. Toddler stuff just added oversized objects you can only fit in a big backyard or park. CAS added a lot though so that’s a plus for toddlers.

Now considering you are not a family player, I would suggest backyard stuff. I’m also not a big family player and i use a lot of backyard stuff. It’s one of those SPs where I actually filter all the objects just so I can find the backyard SP objects.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Speaking of:
    Your opinion of Vintage Glamour vs Backyard Stuff? In theory I am all over the backyard but looking at the actual features? It seems to contain virtually nothing worthwhile.

I don't personally think backyard is as good... I feel like the designs are too similar to other sps.
    Well I ended up with more money than I thought, so I now have all expansions, period. :)
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I definitely would like to have Romantic Garden pack myself! It has some very beautiful objects.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vintage Glamour :)
    The b/b items look luxurious along with vanity mirror & butlers as premium gameplay features.

Oh...don't forget the fancy wallpapers, windows & door. I just feel this stuff pack is amazing.

It also has a globe kid sims can play with and adults can pour drinks from it.

The wallpapers are also glamorous, they have a nice shimmering.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • akatsuki666akatsuki666 Posts: 32 Member
    Such a tough choice but I would choose vintage glamour
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    Vintage Glamour.