Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Improve Gallery Pictures

Comments

• S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    Add screenshot you take in the game and be able to add them to your uploaded household or lot
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    This for sure!
    One of the biggest things I would like is the option to choose which side of the street gets designated as the front of the house. The corner lots often have the shorter side set as the front and I usually use the longer side.

I build a lot on 20x30 and 30x40 lots and the gallery always makes the short side the front. So then I have to either rotate the lot and sacrifice landscaping to the gallery photo gods or move the build to an unnecessarily large lot. It would also be great to have the layout photos zoomed a bit closer so you can actually see the rooms and some of their details.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Please allow custom gallery photos! The ones taken are blurry and low quality and very far off.
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    > @BrownGamerGurl1 said:
    > Please allow custom gallery photos! The ones taken are blurry and low quality and very far off.

Not to forget that it is very difficult to recognize the individual facial features of the sims' due to those standard poses. To me many of my sims seem to look nearly the same because of that. Sometimes I don't recognise them myself after uploading.
  • JustaRandomSimmerJustaRandomSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    I think what we need is to just kind of change them or implement more poses
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    It would be cool, if it hasn't been said already, to allow us to take a sim POV of said lot......gotta give it up to @BrownGamerGurl1 for this idea cause she was talking earlier about actually being able to see things as a sim would. Still don't agree with that, respectfully of course, BUT that idea would be REALLY cool for the gallery photos. You could choose to have a certain amount of slots for pics, but then have one video clip slot for a walk through.

When saving a lot, you could choose to either do the photo-taking first or the video first. However, when you get to said video, another option screen would pop up asking you to select a sim, once selected it pops you back in game in first person POV at the foot of the stairs going in. From there, you'd click on the door (this wouldn't come up in the vid......just something that would get your sim moving) and select an option to "take a tour". This way, the players that want to download your builds will not only see it from a birds eye view or even just the layout of the place, but they'd get to see every single nook and cranny of the place.
  • TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    I agree! I honestly just want the ability to just take the photo from whatever view or angle I want, with maybe a zoom option and a walls up option.
    KnhUVzT.png

• LindaVandermarkLindaVandermark Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for sharing the helpful blog.
  • eurhipideseurhipides Posts: 9 New Member
    I think zoom in poses for our sims would be much better than the zoomed out one EA has :# Maybe the traits poses would be great too! Some family and couple cas poses would be nice :-)
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    I would like to be able to spin the view of the lot when you about to save it to gallery.. Sometimes a roof or roof objects from an house across the street will be blocking the view so when the pics are generated you can't see the lot well.
  • OziOzi Posts: 22 Member
    The Sims 4: Summer Vacation
    Expansion Pack

New Town:
    Peragrina Island
    A tropical Island just for vacation with beautiful views and amazing sunny weather. Luxury hotels and places full of fun activities.
    E.g.
    Large parks
    Fun swim parks
    Sport centres
    Beaches
    Markets
    Festivals
    Cookery Classes for Kids
    Visit the Zoo
    Go Karting

Everyone loves a vacation. No work, no school, just relax and have fun. Booking a vacation is just the beginning. It would be fun for players to book their vacation and everything that comes with it. Going to the airport, checking in, security and everything else up to the plane. Players could be given a time limit to make it to the flight and if they dont reach the flight by the given time then, goodbye vacation (unless they're willing to pay more money). Being on the flight from takeoff to landing builds up excitement for vacation and is a significant part to the whole journey. Players can also control their sims while on the flight.

This also opens up new careers like a pilot and flight attendants. Focusing on the needs of passengers could be stressful but is a good way to be busy and earn money.

Things that could affect moodlets and emotions negatively could be missing flights, long lines, crying babies on the plane, flight delays, fear of flying, being searched at security (really intimidating) etc.
    Things that could affect moodlets and emotions positively could be friendly staff, clean airport, short walking distances, stress free journey through the airport, excitement from take-offs and landings etc.

From booking vacations and hotels all the way to landing at your destination, players of The Sims 4 can allow their sims to enjoy a nice family summer vacation. ✈️☀️
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Ozi wrote: »
    The Sims 4: Summer Vacation
    Expansion Pack

New Town:
    Peragrina Island
    A tropical Island just for vacation with beautiful views and amazing sunny weather. Luxury hotels and places full of fun activities.
    E.g.
    Large parks
    Fun swim parks
    Sport centres
    Beaches
    Markets
    Festivals
    Cookery Classes for Kids
    Visit the Zoo
    Go Karting

Everyone loves a vacation. No work, no school, just relax and have fun. Booking a vacation is just the beginning. It would be fun for players to book their vacation and everything that comes with it. Going to the airport, checking in, security and everything else up to the plane. Players could be given a time limit to make it to the flight and if they dont reach the flight by the given time then, goodbye vacation (unless they're willing to pay more money). Being on the flight from takeoff to landing builds up excitement for vacation and is a significant part to the whole journey. Players can also control their sims while on the flight.

This also opens up new careers like a pilot and flight attendants. Focusing on the needs of passengers could be stressful but is a good way to be busy and earn money.

Things that could affect moodlets and emotions negatively could be missing flights, long lines, crying babies on the plane, flight delays, fear of flying, being searched at security (really intimidating) etc.
    Things that could affect moodlets and emotions positively could be friendly staff, clean airport, short walking distances, stress free journey through the airport, excitement from take-offs and landings etc.

From booking vacations and hotels all the way to landing at your destination, players of The Sims 4 can allow their sims to enjoy a nice family summer vacation. ✈️☀️

This thread is about the gallery photos, not ideas for packs.......if you can't make a thread yourself just yet, try the search field and find a thread about vacations and post your ideas there.
  • kristamariesimmokristamariesimmo Posts: 59 New Member
    I create poses but I don't know how to do zoom in poses for the gallery. I haven't been able to find some to help with it.
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member

I couldn't agree more with the problems you've highlighted about the existing gallery images.

An option where users can either take their own images during the saving process or upload their own images once saved would be ideal.

An easy alternative would perhaps be to allow The Sims 4 Tray Importer to be used without the lot automatically being marked as including custom content.
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    This is an excellent idea! Not certain if it has been suggested, but a free camera mode during build mode would also be amazing. It is hard to get a good angle to even take pictures and usually have to move a family in in live mode to get a decent angle :)
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Can you make the Gallery pictures much larger for those of us on laptops and small screens. The pictures are not much use for seeing furniture inside.
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I wan't at least one gallery pose without any facial expressions! Now I always have to download a bunch of sims to cas just to see what they actually look like. Also zooming in and out on poses would be great. You can't see small dogs legs properly on a gallery pose.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Now that we have a lot of pets on their own in the gallery, we absolutely need a zoom-in. All the puppies and kittens and small dogs can barely be seen in the main default picture.

Would love the already discussed changes to lot pictures, either different angles to choose from, pictures taken in live mode for that purpose, or at least some sort of angle-changing options to make sure your main picture isn't just a side of a house, or covered in trees.

For households the zoom-in is the priority, but would love these discussed options and changes, too.
  • Lexii0124Lexii0124 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think sims in general should be updated to where you can play on live! That would be cool to be able to play with my friends on sims
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @BryonyRae said:
    > Over on Twitter, @TheSims stated that we should post suggestions for improvement to gallery images here. I am coming at the issue from the perspective of a builder. There are several problems with the existing system:
    > * Gallery shots are taken from fixed perspectives that may wind up being too close or too far away, depending upon the size and shape of the structure.
    > * The angle of the shots does not work for some type of builds, hiding elements, like roofing, that balance the structure.
    > * Neighborhood objects such as trees, rocks, or even other buildings often wind up obscuring some or all of the images.
    > * Interior shots are so zoomed out that very few details can be ascertained and anything you have done that may be special or subtle cannot be seen.
    >
    > There may well be more complaints; feel free to add your own!
    >
    > Possible Systems for Improvement for Lots:
    > * When saving the lot, prompt the user to take one or more screen shots for use in the gallery. Allow them to go into TAB camera mode in order to get the zoom and angle they desire. Send these shots directly to the library file as part of the saving process.
    > * When saving the lot, use something similar to the in game sim photography system (I am referring to when the sims use a camera to take pictures in GTW) to enable the user to take one or more screen shots for use in the gallery. Send these shots directly to the library file as part of the saving process. This method would be less desirable than the first, as the player might not have as much flexibility to get the shots at the angle/zoom they'd like. It would still be better than the current system though!
    > * Change the lot saving process to match the sim saving process in CAS, where the player can cycle through different preset camera angles of the build and select the one they find most favorable. This would be the least desirable option, as unless great care is given to the different preset angles, some of the current problems might still exist (zoomed too far out, objects obscuring the build, etc.). However, at least it would provide some options and player choice, where there currently is none.
    > * Use the camera presets file (located in VideoCameraStates) to determine positions/angles to take shots and overwrite default shots with those shots (see pg. 2 for details). This would be a fairly flexible system - up to 5 shots of the creator's choice, very non-intrusive, and perhaps more easily implemented than some of the others.
    >
    >
    > Additional Considerations
    > * If possible, let the creator take a maximum of 8 pictures (8 is the current maximum); prompt them for the number of pictures they want to take within that limit.
    > * If possible, allow the creator to select a time of day for each image (make use of the functionality already present in build mode to set the time of day).
    > * Add a "skip" function that is available throughout the process; if the creator clicks "skip," the game generates the default gallery shots that it ordinarily would. This functionality is necessary because many creators save to their library as part of a testing process or to save while it's a work in progress, and they do not care about gallery images at that point.
    > * Consider also adding a game option that would toggle the creator driven imaging system off. When the system is introduced, you'd probably want it off by default so as not to confuse people who are used to the current process. Patch notes could alert interested creators that the option now exists, and they would find it very quickly. :)
    > * If option 3 is selected, enable the game to select the "front" of the lot based on which door has been selected as the "front" door. This will aid in the many cases where people build on sizes like a 30x20 and select the 30 width as their front side, but the game has designated the 20 width as the front (currently only those who have Get Together can use lots where the 30 width is the front).
    > * Allow builder to hide world objects that may get in the way of the picture(s), i.e. neighborhood trees, lampposts, etc.
    > * Take pictures at highest graphics settings automatically (background toggle for photos only)
    > * Enable applying filters to screen shots (using system from GTW photography)
    > * Enable brightness adjustment
    > * Let user choose wall cutaway level.
    >
    >
    > Suggestions for Improvement for Rooms:
    > * Ability to zoom in
    > * Allow for more than one image, so that more detail can be shown in large rooms.
    >
    >
    > Suggestions for Improvement for Sims/Households:
    > * Add 3D rotation for headshots in order to allow a focus on distinguishing features.
    > * Add the ability to choose the sim's expression (or cycle through available expressions, including a neutral expression, i.e. face at rest).
    > * Add the ability to choose the sim's pose (or cycle through them).
    > * Add more Maxis poses to select from
    > * Add ability to show (at least) one outfit per category, with a choice of poses for each.
    > * For "family portraits" provide a choice of group poses/arrangements, and if possible the ability to choose the position and outfit of each sim.
    > * Add a variety of selectable backgrounds (like in the photo studio object).
    > * Options to create a full length view of a sim
    > * Ability to zoom in to take close-ups/headshots
    >
    >
    > More? Please feel free to discuss other ideas and options, and I will add them to the list. Suggestions for rooms and sims are also welcome.

Thank you so much for explaining..:) it's really helpful
  • tapuk0k0tapuk0k0 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am all for the suggestions. I have had issues where I will make a build with the front of the house in a different direction than was originally intended and then the side of the house ends up being the "front of the house" for the picture. Also when having curved roofs the auto-pic of the front of the house makes it look odd and completely takes away from how cool it actually looks, just makes it end up looking deformed.

I would also LOVE to be able to edit descriptions in the gallery. When I first started uploading to the gallery I had no idea I could add hashtags. Sure, I could re-upload them but then I would lose the downloads count :/
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    I would just like for the sims to appear like they did for sims 3, where they showed the outfits the sim wore.
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• CassieRoseCassieRose Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh, I know! How about a Polaroid camera, with realistic selfie shots, and hang them on the wall or even a faux Facebook. I played a little with animals so far, but can't figure out the animal instagram.
  • TheRipperPrinceTheRipperPrince Posts: 24 Member
    > @Helkkuli said:
    > I wan't at least one gallery pose without any facial expressions! Now I always have to download a bunch of sims to cas just to see what they actually look like. Also zooming in and out on poses would be great. You can't see small dogs legs properly on a gallery pose.

I agree with this!
    Sometimes you just want to see the sims features to decide either or not to use them, but when they have a facial expression it can make them appear nice, but when yo actually throw them in cas you don't like the way they look.
  • anonymous3kanonymous3k Posts: 23 Member
    For the buildings I would like screen shot options before posting like the option with rooms I would like same for buildings