Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    OK...here's the end result of 5 days of head-smashing against wall, and frustratedly screaming at the ceiling during the course of creating all the CC used in this video. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Wpf2zNkeMAg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Forum logic:
    -New members can't create new threads.
    -Have a question? Just search for threads addressing it!
    -New player finds an inevitably old thread on the subject, but it doesn't quite answer their question.
    -Can't create a new thread, so they post in the old one.
    -They get a couple of answers before mods go:

*sniff sniff*

Is that...a necroed thread?
    AhhhhHhhHHHHHhhhhhshshagsgsggssbs
    *closes thread*
    -"Please refrain from necroing threads! :)"

So...what are they supposed to do? Post it as a status in the dead halfway-social networking part of the forums?

Or perhaps post an unrelated message in a thread. Which is also against the rules. :neutral:

EA Logic. How does anyone last on this site long enough to become a member these days? People are punished for nothing.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @bekkasan Your SS is so cute :love: be glad you are not a townie.But if you ever happen to be in SV I heard there is a secret buried treasure on recurve strand but you gotta come alone and on thursday between 5 and 7 PM.What do you mean it sounds like a awful fishy kidnapping plot :cold_sweat:

Also what outfit is that she has on?
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Forum logic:
    -New members can't create new threads.
    -Have a question? Just search for threads addressing it!
    -New player finds an inevitably old thread on the subject, but it doesn't quite answer their question.
    -Can't create a new thread, so they post in the old one.
    -They get a couple of answers before mods go:

*sniff sniff*

Is that...a necroed thread?
    AhhhhHhhHHHHHhhhhhshshagsgsggssbs
    *closes thread*
    -"Please refrain from necroing threads! :)"

So...what are they supposed to do? Post it as a status in the dead halfway-social networking part of the forums?

Or perhaps post an unrelated message in a thread. Which is also against the rules. :neutral:

EA Logic. How does anyone last on this site long enough to become a member these days? People are punished for nothing.

I think a lot of the problem with necro'd threads are the ones where someone has opened it to post a solution to a 6 or 8 year old problem that has undoubtedly been dealt with and the op most likely doesn't even play Sims 3 any more or has left the forums altogether.
    edited December 2017
    @Karritz Yes, but even ones that very clearly aren't that way are being closed. How does that help new members? It doesn't. Plain and simple.

Plus, necroed threads have never been an issue. Closed or not, they die within days and cause no real issues. It isn't like there are 20 every day. There is 1 every other day. Lol Oh the humanity.

Seems more like bored mods or mods trying to meet their monthly quota. I find it annoying. Frankly, it is very easy as a new member to accidentally post in an old thread without noticing and on a forum like this (quiet and slow, let's be honest) is it really such a pandemic that it requires such strict regulation?

Nope. Sure doesn't.
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
    @Emily4331 Thank you for your absolutely perfect amazing gorgeous exclusive photoshoot you sent me :love: .You are quite the talented sim photographer.I saved the pics and her hairstyle in them is awesome you should use that one again.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2017
    @emorrill I forgot to tell you 'feel better'.

@king_of_simcity7 Pretty pictures of them on the beach in their wedding clothes.

@Charlottesmom I'm sorry you are getting crud from your family. I hope you feel better too. Amazes me when I see some dogs all dressed up and they are not even trying to get those barrettes and bows etc out. Good luck choosing the name.

@LyricSimsz15 Welcome and share pics when you can. Ah, you did! I love the snuggling they do. :)

@Namaya92 yup, some trouble in paradise! :lol: Your Naomi is beautiful.

@MoonandStars83 that is a cute critter!

@Nikkei_Simmer Great video. Your detail is amazing. :)
    @Emily4331 more EA logic. It is ok for the Best of page to have posts necro'd from 2014, 2015 and 2016, but, yes, newbies can't necro or don't realize they are necroing threads. How many of us actually read forum rules when we came to the forums looking for an answer to a problem in our game? I didn't, didn't even know there were rules.

@CravenLestat haha, my SS is too saavy to fall for that buried treasure story. That is a cc outfit that I put in game recently with your pattern as the shirt. :)
    edited December 2017
    TY @bekkasan EA should have made that it is really cute.And am going in game now to work on my project from earlier.Has been trial and error and will admit have messed up several times actually more bad than good. :(

And for anyone interested the ragtime in the big easy store set is on DD at 65% off normally a 1,650 set for only 578 go snag it

DfydFiZ.gif
    @bekkasan Right? It is just boggling. The only time threads should be locked in my opinion is if they get out of hand with trolling or flaming.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: Sorry I've been posting or replying to your posts. Been busy with real life and Christmas and birthdays. But I'm now on for the first time in a few weeks. Will hand out likes and awesomes in awhile. Smile
    :) Smile!

• OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @all -- likes and awesomes tossed out; great updates. :)

@emorrill -- Thanks. :)
    And hello back at ya. ;)

@king_of_simcity7 -- Thanks. :)

@bekkasan -- Thanks. :)
    I'm not sure how many teens were in Appaloosa to begin with... I've been playing there for a few (Sim) years now, so I'm sure a few might have aged up. (I know Harlan Poindexter was one; he's YA now). I had added in the Lums from the bin; Lawrence is a teen. But..... he's already taken. :lol: I will have to see which of the child-age Sims are closest to aging to teen.

@Charlottesmom -- Oh, I sure hope not. :lol: But I knew that going after a service Sim would be a challenge! Stealing Lawrence Lum away from his girlfriend might be easier. ;) (He's dating Calvin Riffin's sister Chantrelle).

@Emily4331 -- I'm with you there... I don't think half (or more) of these newbies with questions are going to spend the time it takes to become a member just to ask their question and disappear.

• Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 211 Member
    @CravenLestat Ooooh my paintings look so cool in-game! How did you do that?

And more importantly, where the can I download the sequins pattern?? There are about 14 Sims in my game who just realized that they need sequin dresses now!
    @Sunfisher0 :love: I do it with just the in game photography skill,I first make a pattern of it put it on the wall then use the WA camera and take a picture of it.And then can CASt the frame any way you want.Turned your first one on the left into a portable network graphic then could make the background any color I wanted and made it pink.

As far as the patterns just made them so have not uploaded them yet but will.And will send you the link.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'm still alive! Here's Jared and Jensen's family tree as of today :)
    25475198228_c24361f0a5_o.jpg

@CravenLestat Adore the sequins <3
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hey everyone!
    I got Sims 3 for Christmas and i've already started 2 saves. I'm gonna try to do a legacy challenge. The game is loading kinda slow though :disappointed:
    I'm shocked it's running pretty good on my low end laptop.
    So i've already renovated the founder's apartment. I'm gonna have them have a baby real soon.
    Also, @emorrill are those MLP sims in your profile pic? :blush:

@LyricSimsz15 Yes indeed. :blush:
    I created my own Ponyville world and told a few of their stories for a while. If you search this thread by typing in Ponyville you should find a few of the posts, if you are curious. ;) I still have yet to move those stories to my blog.
    Nice to meet a fellow Brony/Pegasister. <3 I'm the latter.

Sims 3 always takes forever to load at startup so you're not alone. ;) Have fun playing and would love to see pics of your gameplay when you can post them. ;)

Oh you did post one! Aww! I love romance! <3
    (Speaking of which: Big Mac and Miss Cheerilee are totally going to hook it up in my game! :p

@Namaya92 @bekkasan @Nikkei_Simmer and the rest of you I WANT to continue reading your stories but I can't. :(
    I'm in bed here with a fever and a 101.7 temperature so I need my rest. I feel like carp! :weary:
    Feedback later <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @emorrill Sorry you feel like carp :( Get lots of rest, keep hydrated and try not to stress *hugs*
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    When they woke up, Haruo did some smelting with the new smelting machine. This way they would no longer have to send ore out to get it smelted and thus save some money on the processing costs. After all it was at minimum §40.00 per single ore sample to process and it could get very pricey, very quickly. And doing it at home allowed Haruo to have some control over the process as well as the savings in the pocket.
    Screenshot-4.jpg

Ok, sorry for the late reply, I'm still behind, on page 2168, but I never knew there was a metal smelting machine, too!! I now about the gem-cutting machine, but where is the metal smelting machine?? I haven't seen it before!

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    When they woke up, Haruo did some smelting with the new smelting machine. This way they would no longer have to send ore out to get it smelted and thus save some money on the processing costs. After all it was at minimum §40.00 per single ore sample to process and it could get very pricey, very quickly. And doing it at home allowed Haruo to have some control over the process as well as the savings in the pocket.
    Screenshot-4.jpg

Ok, sorry for the late reply, I'm still behind, on page 2168, but I never knew there was a metal smelting machine, too!! I now about the gem-cutting machine, but where is the metal smelting machine?? I haven't seen it before!

http://modthesims.info/d/391693 It's a mod...but it's awesome. Takes care of having to deal with sending the stuff out to smelt. Only thing is it costs §50K
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @emorrill, Like @Mikezumi...you stay hydrated. Trust me...it's not a good situation to get dehydrated. I had it happen once (precursor to the pneumonia...and well...let's just say, I'm lucky to be here...)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited December 2017
    Wait..there is a Mod to let you self smelt but you already can do in game.

Artisan Glassblowing station is a smelter :(

@KevinL5275 --> https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:71912&section=UpSell

That is a smelter

EDIT; The one you mentioned cost 50,000 the Artisan cost 1,350 simoleans

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Hehe anytime :tongue: I love that sequin pattern :astonished: I neeeeed ittttttt!

@emorrill I hope you feel better. :(

@Mikezumi Hope you're well.

And thanks to everyone who commented on my makeovers. :smiley:
    edited December 2017
    Download Links Below

Cas shot

PnTAcce.png

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9172494

Some mysterious sim modeled the sequin for this pic,insisted it in powder blue.Could have sworn she had a gnome tat on her back.She also looks like the girl at the bakery :|

For those that do not know simply put on the pattern "Default is ruby red" spin the cursor anywhere you want in color wheel to change it to any color you desire

90mBpvi.png

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9172495

Thought this was so cute, but never use this top so put it with these pants for Julianne now I luff it.But she was making derpy face but still adorable.

k5Fe8rF.png

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 211 Member
    Trying out some of @CravenLestat 's gorgeous patterns!

1.png
    2.png
    3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top