Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unknown error occurred

bmalatobmalato Posts: 13 New Member
So I was sick and tired of the whole "no disk found" error I was getting when trying to play and I decided to delete the game and all the expansion packs and start over. Because I wasn't sure if it was the game or my cd-reader that isn't working properly, I downloaded the digital copy of the last expansion (Into the Future), so that I don't need the hard copy to play. So I installed the base game and all of the expansions, downloaded and installed the last one and when I was about ready to play, the launcher asked me to do some updating - which i was expecting since the game had had many updates along the years.

The thing is, after I downloaded and patched the updates, the game simply won't open. A window pops up with the "Unknown error occurred" message and it doesn't open the launcher. I had a meltdown and deleted the whole thing again and decided to go step by step: I installed the base game and opened the launcher to update as I installed each pack. Well, I didn't get that far, because after I installed the base game, and the base game only, and updated it, the same message popped up. Now I'm pretty sure that the problem is the game and not my computer.

What's up with the game? Has anyone encountered the same problem? Halp? :(

By the way, these are my specs:
MacBook White (late 2009)
2,26GHz Intel core 2 duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9400M 256MB

I know it isn't the super machine, but it has always worked for me. Until now.

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Ok, make sure first of all to delete all the residual files as well. This is detailed in the "Mac User's Best Friend" stickied at the top of the forum. Once all the files are removed, download just the Base Game and use the Super Patch also located at the top of this forum to update the game to 1.67 which is the latest version of the game for the Mac. If you install your games in the order of release, everything from World Adventures to Outdoor Living will have a separate game update. It may say something like "This version of the game is later than the update and may not work" which is not true. However, do allow the game to update and continue your install like normal.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    I'm getting unknown error as well, I'll try out your tips Tremayne.
  • Options
    Simslover96sSimslover96s Posts: 1 New Member
    I have tried everything and still nothing is working. So frustrating