Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The extent of microtransactions?

How cash-grabby will the microtransactions be?

I've been playing Home Street which I think is similar to what this will be, and have paid a pretty penny in micro-transactions but its more a social game where you have a neighborhood and can chat within your little group.

I'm not sure if The Sims Mobile will be like Home Street socially, and I don't mind paying little for exclusive items or cosmetics like in Home Street but I really hope it won't be like Freeplay was.

Will there be a separate currency like this?
dsxTOuZ.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Both Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile are free to play games. The main difference is that Sims Freeplay is a slow game in a big world with many houses while Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where things only takes seconds or minutes and where you only play one house. You follow your sims to work though and also there has to play them.

I don’t play Home Street. But I have played both Sims Freeplay, Sims Mobile and quite many other free-to-play games. You don’t need to pay anything in such games unless you want to speed them up or buy extra paid content through “micro transactions”. But doing this is never cheap and mainly only for people who don’t care about money.

If you choose to not pay you can therefore still play all such games quite easily. But you will also be offered things that you can get just by watching 30 seconds adds. This I often do because it very often is worth it. But don’t ever plan to buy all the extra stuff for real money in such games because it will cost you many thousands of dollars ;)
  • Options
    KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    Thank you so much! I don't mind watching ads for in game stuff but I don't like paying a lot of real money for items that you cannot get just by grinding/playing for a lot of time hours.
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    adamlevineadamlevine Posts: 14 New Member
    Your signature makes me feel more attention is the article content
  • Options
    adamlevineadamlevine Posts: 14 New Member
    It's interesting :))))))))))