Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats the possibility of giving birth to black babies with two white people as parent in the sims?

Hey so im just wondering what chances are for two white sims to get a black kid in the game? Because my sim just gave birth to 4 kids(at once do i mind you and she is the first in her legacy T.T) and two of those babies are black. Neither the dad or the mom has anyone in their family that has black skin:P

Not that i dont mind it, im just wondering what the odds are for it xD

Comments

• WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Ops sorry weird place to post this at x.x
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    To be honest - It's actually really rare for a white+white to give birth to black.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    DO you have mods? Because I'm pretty sure that without mods, you can only give birth to triplets max. If so it's most likely one of your mods causing oddly colored babies.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    If you have custom skintones, then that could cause your babies to be black.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    If I remember right, babies only have four skin tones. If the parent who "passed" on their skintone isn't one of the babies skintone, then the game assigns one. Normally though it gets close to where it isn't noticeable.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hey so im just wondering what chances are for two white sims to get a black kid in the game? Because my sim just gave birth to 4 kids(at once do i mind you and she is the first in her legacy T.T) and two of those babies are black. Neither the dad or the mom has anyone in their family that has black skin:P

It's a bug that occasionally occurs. You can change the skin tone In CAS once their a toddler I believe.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    It happens to me all the time and I don't use custom skin tones. I think it might be able to be fixed with mc command though. Otherwise I just fix it when they get to toddlers.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    mom's been cheating. :smirk:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    It happened to me before, it was caused by custom skintones
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    This happened to me twice when I played without mods or CC. The father was Caleb in both saves and I'm not sure why it happened, but the baby was such a cute toddler.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    This happened to me twice when I played without mods or CC. The father was Caleb in both saves and I'm not sure why it happened, but the baby was such a cute toddler.

I think that might be because Caleb has a gray skintone that the game might see as unnatural - much like unnatural hair colors... not sure, though. I have never had white parents give birth to black babies... if only lol. All of my kids turn out way too pale. :(
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    kemisz wrote: »

Since Caleb is a vampire, is he on one of the vampire skin tones? Like, the ones that come after the darkest human ones. Makes me think...

Anyways, OP, I see it all the time with custom skintones (I use a ton of them). Also, sometimes the game won't use the parents' genes. Teens can't pass down genes, and I learned the hard way that parents who had kids taken away by social services won't (context: I cheated extra babies away after birth that way through debug cheats and the renaining one looked 0% like his parents upon aging up).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    It's pretty rare to have a dark skinned child with parents not being either of the skin tones.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Odds>One in three. There are only three baby skins in the game, so yes, a white couple can have a black baby because the chance of that is one in three each time it rolls.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PaulaodomPaulaodom Posts: 22 Member
    HAHA I am so glad this happened to someone other then me. I wondered what my Sim did when my head was turned.