Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quiz for 2017 - Your Sims 4 Highlights [What did you enjoy last year]

Heyah, since the year is winding down, I was just wondering what everyone was up to this year with their simmies.
~*~*~*~*~*~

1. What was your favorite pack released this year and why?
2. What was your favorite free update/challenge?
3. What would you like to see next year (if you're being creative, think outside of the box, beyond Seasons ;))
4. What was your favorite sims moment (did your favorite sim get married/have babies... find a cool challenge? made cool cc? upload a video you love?)
5. What was your least favorite pack released this year and why?
6. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year (will you try a new challenge?)

Feel free to share screens! :)

Comments

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited December 2017
    I love threads like these! :) But uhh, this is going to be incredibly long.. my apologies.

Parenthood. Best GP so far. (Move over Vampires, you were my first favorite, but.. Family play...always wins). Parenthood because I feel like it added so much to the teens, children, and toddlers, that we really needed. And I absolutely love all those little pop ups that ask for advice from the kids. I love the new system that allows them to build their responsibility, or.. not. I do feel that we can always use more tools like this to enhance our gameplay but this has definitely helped my family play because I felt like things were missing and with the toddlers patch.. it just made children and teens feel empty. They were nowhere near in depth as the toddlers; and then of course toddlers could make messes. Some found that annoying, but I love the little details like that.

Hands down - Toddler Patch! We may have waited 3 years for them, but honestly Maxis did an AMAZING job on them. I never thought that if we got toddlers, they'd be able to crawl up stairs, they'd be able to walk up stairs (eventually), be able to eat the food our Sims cook, BABBLE, that is the cutest thing EVER. I never thought they'd have a skill level for walking and then be able to run, haha. For instance, when they would first try to walk, they'd be very wobbly and have to catch their balance. So much detail into this animation. But Maxis surprised me so much this year with this patch alone. I'm excited to see what they do for 2018, because I feel it's just going to get better.

3. What would you like to see next year (if you're being creative, think outside of the box, beyond Seasons ;))

For a free update, a rework of the trait system. So that we could get more traits in the future + a randomizer in CAS for traits/Aspirations and maybe even... a 'randomizer' option when infants age up into Toddlers + because I'm in my comfort zone way too much and I'm always picking the same traits. SO, if they could add this option to the little tab that pops up when you're naming your child/giving them their aspiration and trait.. (it could be a little dice that you click) this would be fantastic, because I need to have different types of traits in my household instead of picking the same ones every time. But this is also why we need more traits. I would love to see a coward trait, shy trait, just to name a few. I really miss the coward trait.

Wishful thinking here, but also a rework of the 'emotions', or at least some new ones! Where's scared, terrified, afraid, panicked, startled, shaken, petrified, anxious, fearful..... and maybe a world Editor/Creator.. :( I love Brindleton Bay, but... waiting 1 year for a world... is rough.

Oh gosh, for expansion packs, this is a tough one, because Seasons is definitely needed. Let's see, I think I'll give two examples for expansion packs and two for game packs.
    Gamepacks: I would love to see Witches this year in a game pack. With their own tab of spells (like Vampires). I would love to see them have different levels of books to learn spells/ingredients, etc to make all kinds of concoctions. (For instance a love spell, luring in those Sims to fall for her, or to get that one Sim that never noticed her/him before, lol, a curse spell, turn Sims into cats, or toads, or something like that). Maxis, I need some chaos in my game. It's too 'good', remember Meteor deaths? They were goofy, but 'dark'. The vampires were amazing! That added a nice touch of chaos, but we could use more. Ehem.

I would like for Witches to have three types: Good, Neutral, and Evil. Then whatever "tier" you picked, you could then have DOZENS of powers to choose from and also be able to make all kinds of spells (not just potions, Maxis, please... I don't want "make an elixir for this or that").

I want to be able to learn spells, I want to be able to learn the spell by needing to get ingredients from around the "Worlds". Finding them in logs, or needing to get a sample from the lake, or from the Grotto, or the Glades, or a new hidden place (which we could use a new one, pretty please).

That's just some examples.

Another gamepack idea would be - well, I suppose this could be a stuff pack idea. But I would love some more playground/backyard stuff for kids and toddlers. Like Swing sets, merry-go-rounds, hopscotch, sandboxes (building sand castles, or other things in the sand), a small pool for toddlers, and maybe a slide for the bigger kids.

So, if that were a stuff pack - then for a game pack I would like to see something with dating and NEW venues. Because.. I'm tired of the same venues in all my worlds.. :( every world has a gym, library, bowling alley, restaurant, and karaoke. While I love these things, I feel like a lot of the objects can fit into one venue and make the amount of variety for venues even less.

In this pack, I would love to see a likes/dislikes "turn on/turn off" system. A better dating system. Maybe there could be levels. This date shows up late, or they have different interest. (I can picture them making a video of the dates showing up and then the Sim closing the door on their faces. Lol), there could be bubbles above their heads to show things they were into; so that the Sim could decide if they were possible 'compatible' or not. You know.. something like that. it doesn't have to be exactly like this, but I would really like a pack that allows my Sim to "find" their "Soulmate".

This pack could add interests/ and lightly touch on 'hobbies'. OR just make a pack with all kinds of hobbies/interest in it. Because I absolutely loved Sims 2 Free Time and would be all for another pack like that.

But honestly, I just want something that's 'slightly' like Sims Hot Date, but with more focus on the 'dating' and compatibility proach (for instance, in the pack they could have an app for their phones to check their profiles).. and then on the computer they could fill out a dating profile and browse it. Then this could pop up with Sims profiles that show their likes/dislikes (likes adventure, "is a workaholic" (likes red hair, or blue eyes), etc , interests/hobbies, and then if the date shows up they could have a flower, or some kind of small gift, and be able to leave gifts (like from Sims 2) if it was a good date they could leave stuff in their mailboxes, or on the front step. If it was bad.. they could add several 'awful gifts' on their front step... or in their mailbox. lol. (Remember the flaming bag of poo in Sims 2?) LOL. The humor like that is what I miss.

For Expansion packs: A Generations type EP that includes all the ages and giving some love to our Elders. And kind of does what Parenthood did for the kids, but just enhances them even more. They could get some interactions that are only for kids to do with other kids - (example: Cops and Robbers, Dancing on mom/dad's feet, Jump rope, or hopscotch could be added here, etc)

Preteens could be introduced here. Preteens would be able to help with infants.. also be able to have crushes.

Teenagers get some interaction for teens. (Teens could have proms)

Kids, Preteens, and Teenagers could have sleep overs. (Scary stories, storytelling, pillow fights (Sims 2/3), we already have movies and popcorn, and they could do prank calls or something, or "Truth or Dare". (Preteens and Teens only) Some games they could play Twister or "Just Dance", or iono.. maybe some old games like that, and then some more modern games from today. I can't really think of anything else, but those could be some to brainstorm off of and they could rename them of course

Elders having canes and rocking chairs.

Adults having mid-life-crisis.

Just a few examples of what the pack could have in it.

I've said this one quite a few times: University Life.

4. What was your favorite sims moment (did your favorite sim get married/have babies... find a cool challenge? made cool cc? upload a video you love?)
    My favorite moment has to be my 100 Baby Challenge. I love this challenge so much; I actually started this challenge because I wanted to see the pregnancy/birth patterns all 'naturally', when I say this I mean, I would use absolutely no cheats, no potions, no fertility, or lot traits in order to "manipulate" the birth in any way! It actually was just a "testing" family, but soon became a family I cannot stop playing and I've never been able to play a family for a very long time. Because a lot of the problem (for me) in Sims 4 is the 'lack of personality', the lack of ways to develop my Sims even more. (being able to add a hobby to my Sims would be a great feature, being able to also had likes/dislikes and favorite color, etc would be nice too).

So, this tester family was trying to see what the outcomes of the births would be as before this family all the families I had played ended up having a boy for the first birth, another boy for the second, and so on and so forth.. So, I'd stop playing and try another family and same result. This made me curious as during this time it seemed like my game was glitched, so I started over with a completely fresh new game, new save, and this is when I started to get really into Maxis Match CC.

Soon my Founder was pregnant... and sure enough, her first baby was a boy. And I thought.. oh no. D; it's happening here too! But it actually ended up being the complete opposite and founder ended up having two single births which with both females. Then after that she had another girl, but turned out to be twins! Very unexpected.

I had already pretty much fell in love playing the family. But with the help of the toddler patch and Parenthood, it's made this family even more interesting to play and I've been playing this family on and off for almost 2 years now! (only 4 more months to go). Even without the personality stuff that I mentioned, I feel like because of these updates/packs, it's given them a little bit of personality and it's made them so fun to play. Granted, I haven't gotten very far as I still don't have an Heir to take over for the Founder, but she's an Adult.. so she's getting there. I just love them so much, they're always making me giggle at my screen, always making me excited to see their genetics, to see their behaviors and I just have never had a family that I have so much fun playing.

I have a few memorable moments, but I'll only share one, for some reason, My founder (Well it might be because she is mean, lol), she always goes to her one of her littlest ones, Brody (I call him Brody Bear) and 'gets onto him', just randomly... about nothing... so their relationship is actually kind of red.. and so, he decided to go play in the cupboard because he was angry with his mother. Lol. It's the little things that I love about this family and this game. ♥

Also, I adore the "phases" from Parenthood soo much! It's hilarious watching each of the kids go through something.(Mind you, there are six kids right now in the family! So.. I suppose that's my 'chaos' that I have right now until we get more).. but I cannot stop playing them. Their my go-to-family every time.

Here's a photo of my Founder; Violet: Her adult stage. :( I'm not ready for her to age into Elder.. and pass..
    38606175484_3ffa3b4c11_z.jpg

One of her daughters: Avery - She's actually a twin! My first set, the only set so far.. and they were born completely naturally (no fertility, no apples, strawberries, kid cartoon channels, no lot traits!) (So I'm very proud of this family)

38436451765_72c4cc2891_z.jpg

Hmm, honestly, I don't think there was any pack released this year that I didn't like. Oh. I suppose it would be Fitness Stuff. But then again, I really did like some of the outfits and definitely feel we needed more gym wear. But I think the reason I didn't care for it is because of the way they focused on the Gyms in livestreams and stuff when Sims 4 was first releasing. But then again, the earbuds, the clothing, the new gym equipment is always nice. However, I'll say it was my 'least favorite' because I still haven't purchased it. lol I do want it.. because of the things listed, but it's definitely not a pack I'd go out and buy any time soon. I'll be getting Laundry Day before I purchase Fitness Stuff. (If they want to add it as a half price, or something, maybe I'll get it then).

6. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year (will you try a new challenge?)
    Oh boy. What I hope to accomplish in 2018 is complete my 100 Baby Challenge, to work on learning how to build houses/rooms, to be much more consistent with my youtube channel (2017 was a hard year for me.. lost a loved one, found out my brother needed open-heart surgery, then found out from his surgeon that he didn't..(thank goodness)(but we waited almost two months to find out so it was very stressful times).. just a lot of stuff going on in my life this year that made youtube difficult to be consistent. :( ) so I want to try to be much better this year and put my focus on it as much as I can because I'm almost to 1,000 subscribers. ♥ and really want to see what I can do in 1 year with as much focus as I can even if times are a bit tough. And to also try out a new challenge because I love challenges and find them very fun to experiment with. Here's hoping we get some really great content this coming up year to help with game-play and make it even more interesting/entertaining for challenges. :) I'm excited to see what they've got in store for us!

Sorry for such a long post... :/ Maybe I should spoiler this a bit, I probably will after I look over it, because I feel bad, lol; and thanks for a great thread!
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member

Toddler stuff! It's the only pack I've bought on release so far and I love the clothes, hair, and the playground tunnels with the ball pit and slide for toddlers to play on. Toddlers are my favourite life stage, so I'm always happy for more stuff for them.

The toddler update of course. I only started playing the sims 4 this year, so I don't know what it was like without toddlers, but I love them so much so I'm happy they are in the game.

For a free update I would love preteens. I like to have families with lots of children and I need preteens to accurately create some families.
    For a game pack, I would like a small pets pack. I have 3 guinea pigs, and I wish I could have guinea pigs in my game.

Since I only started playing this year, everything I've done with my sims is my favourite. I love creating them, planning out their lives, decorating houses, etc.

Either Parenthood or Fitness Stuff since I don't have either of those packs. I'm a family player, but I don't have Parenthood because I never age up my children past the child or maybe teen stage so I would never get to actually see the effects of the character values. I also don't like what I've seen on the forums about children making messes everywhere. And I don't like the idea of my sims entering phases all the time. I love some of the items and interactions in the pack though, so I'm sad that I have to miss out on them.
    And I don't have Fitness Stuff because it's not interesting to me.

I hope I can finish some of the storylines I've planned out in my mind. I constantly come up with more ideas, and never actually finish any of them. I have all these save games I've started and never played much.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Bowling Night: I love all the clothing and Mid Century inspired decor. I also like the idea of bowling leagues for some of my Sims and just having another group activity for the whole family to do.

Toddlers brought a whole new level, but I liked the holiday updates with new clothing/decor. I love using clothing and decorations in storytelling, so those really helped me in some of my saves.

Something new/never-done-before in the Sims feature, like Clubs. Those were a literal game-changer and I would love to see them do something new like that again. Not sure what, but I'm open!

Playing a single Sim and just living her life. Normally I do challenges or family play, never focusing on just one Sim. It was relaxing, fun, and allowed me to explore aspects of the game I had never done before.

Vampires-I'm not a fan of them. But I do like the depth they went into with them. Hopefully Supernaturals like Mermaids, etc. will have the same depth.

Complete the current Historical Legacy Challenge I'm doing and restart it :) When I first began it years ago, I had no packs of any kind, just base game. It was fun, but as things came out, I really wanted to restart the Challenge to incorporate them. Now I can and it will be a ton of fun!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Xoxk9 I was going to post a top 10 simming moments for 2017. I used to do this for TS3, but haven't for TS4.
    I will just post in yours because the way the forums work, my thread would probably just get merged with yours, which would probably be a mess because the format would be different.

Just be warned, this is a long post. >:)

Parenthood. It goes hand in hand with toddlers. No toddlers was one of the reasons why I could not get into TS4.

Toddlers, of course

I need Uni because it is the most important missing pack for my game play. Aging will be turned off when my sims are teens and I will wait for Uni.

I have ten of them and I will list them after the quiz.

I don't like to focus on least favorites.

I want to experiment with new ways to tell stories with The Sims.

Now, for number 4:
    00.png

This spoiler tag hides #10 to #2:
    10.png
    The Death and Birth of my Simming Moments thread.
    2017 is the year The sims 4 took off for me. My Simming Moments thread that was created at the launch of the game was filled with complaints, restarts, and game play that was not normal for me. When we got Toddlers and Parenthood, I felt the thread should be archived and started anew.
    The%20End.png

09.png
    Since I was digging deep into TS4 again with all my favorite sims, I was ready to do some serious rotational play, I created this little tool to track when I was ready to move on to the next stage of play.
    spreads.jpg

08.png
    I had been dabbling around with all my immortal young adults living in San Myshuno, but it got really interesting when I put in Meadow Thayer.
    I had her living in the city and working in Social Media career. She was investigating the cat girls from Windenburg she has seen touring the city and was going to write about them.
    04-17-17_8-48-10nbspAM.png
    04-21-17_9-30-14nbspAM.png

04-22-17_5-10-06nbspPM.png

07.png
    Nothing is sacred in my Game.
    I haven't bothered the Goths much... until now. I experimented on them with makeovers.
    12-10-17_6-00-19nbspPM.png

I think I went easy on them though.
    12-10-17_6-00-41nbspPM.png

At least they are still recognizable. :)
    12-10-17_6-03-51nbspPM.png

Now I want to play them.
    12-10-17_6-06-45nbspPM.png

I will probably work them into my rotation.
    12-10-17_6-14-14nbspPM.png

I wonder if I might have Cassandra experiment with vampirism.
    She could use the experience for her memoir: I Was A Teenage Vampire.
    The Vampires Game Pack is not in my top ten because I have yet to play it fully, but I will.
    12-10-17_6-14-32nbspPM.png

06.png
    This is only here because it relates to my number one. Toddlers are the starting point of my current game play scenario and I liked having the extra content.
    10-24-17_7-37-02nbspPM.png

10-24-17_7-44-53nbspPM.png

05.png
    To be honest, pets are not a big feature for me. I was interested primarily in the new world and having another career.
    But I do plan on trying out a scenario I have been thinking about.
    12-02-17_10-18-22nbspAM.png
    11-11-17_4-00-55nbspPM.png

11-11-17_4-01-42nbspPM.png

the-truth-about-cats-and-dogs-movie-poster-1996-1020265446.jpg

04.png
    I had decided to build a replacement for my old computer several years earlier than expected for quite a few reasons.
    The Sims 4 wasn't one of them since it really doesn't need a more powerful machine, but fast load times and saving are even faster now.
    13f3e4c9-c385-4822-a5cd-028f47ea60ca.jpg

Liquid cooled CPU and GPU, M.2 NVME SSDs, Windows 10, and a virtual reality headset is making for some fun gaming.20171022_180154.jpg
    20171105_141605.jpg20171105_150124.jpg

03.png
    Parenthood is half the reason why I am back into playing TS4 now. I haven't gotten deep into yet, as most of my sims are still toddlers so values, science projects, curfew, grounding, and phases are just getting started.
    12-09-17_10-09-07nbspAM.png

02.png
    The other reason why I am back to playing The Sims 4 because I could not stand full grown children jumping out of the baby bassinet. Best toddlers ever! 'nuf said.
    12-09-17_6-21-56nbspPM_2.png

01.png

For the majority of the time I have been playing The Sims 4, I have been playing the same never aging young adults. They never married or became involved in deep relationships. They merely explored the content in new packs.
    01-15-16_6-13-38nbspPM.png

11-02-16_12-07-37nbspPM.png

And played around with custom content.
    10-01-16_2-59-11nbspPM.png

But now that we had toddlers and Parenthood, I started my game over again.
    I've started all favorite sims over by aging them all down to toddlers.
    ts4cover.png

My supernatural sims are being raised as toddlers in an orphanage.
    05-20-17_10-07-17nbspAM.png

My normal sims have been given parents and are scattered around the various worlds.
    12-02-17_9-53-03nbspAM.png

12-03-17_12-14-06nbspAM_1.png

12-09-17_9-54-38nbspAM.png

12-16-17_11-33-05nbspAM.png

06-09-17_8-00-48nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited December 2017
    Vampires. I love how customizeable the vampires are, covering many different perceptions of vampires as well as different gameplay needs, including the creation of some non-vampire supernaturals.

The update that included the ability to make objects smaller.

Though I'm not interested in Seasons much, I'm not creative, either. I simply want a Beach Fun GP and a Pool Party SP to go with that. Swimming in the oceans, lakes and rivers, retroactively for all worlds, yes, even if that breaks my old saves.
    This is for me what toddlers are to family players.

I used Sims 4 instead of Sims 2 to illustrate a story for the first time. Posing sims in this iteration is harder, but all those backdrops are too good not to use. As I grew more comfortable with poses and fx player I also built my sims a nature preserve with a natural bath:

02.12.17_22-51-01j9r7u.jpg
    We proudly present the freshwater sea serpent!

I also started creating cc, mostly for personal use only, but among the files I shared was a kiddie pool for toddlers:

09.12.17_19-51-14jnoqy.jpg

When it started accumulating downloads (a little more than 1000) I became anxious and almost wished people would stopp downloading already, because once ingame they'd see how cheaply that thing was made. I still have mixed feelings about the download, on the one hand I love that thing to pieces, on the other it falls short compared to what other people upload (like necrodog's kiddie pool with transparent water and custom animations).

And finally I won a challenge I had come up with myself and that's goal was to got rid of all organized crime in my mainsave :) Finally one of my favourite families can return to Windenburg from their exile in Oasis Springs (where the witness defense program had moved them to).

Bowling Night SP. It's probably well done, but I'm not interested in the theme.

Definitely some challenges. I lost the Hostage Challenge (my variant of the Sims 3 Kidnapper Challenge) and would like to replay that. Also I never made it through Asylum, Legacy, BACC and Holy Sanctuary, but I'm always having fun playing them halfways through.

In my mainsave I foresee tensions between nobility (priviledged, but often poor), middle class (often rich but lacking true political power) and the working class (lacking in both priviledges and wealth). But before I ignite another conflict I'm going to let my young families enjoy the crime-free years of peace, raise their kids and so on.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Parenthood

Toddlers. I like them better this time around than I have in any other game. They annoy me less and they feel more immersive.

Uni. But would also like to see variations of farm equipment and animals. Perhaps a bit like TS3 chickens but would have fun with ducks. Sims being able to go out into the ocean? An empty world like Newcrest.

Custom content. Hands down the skintones for a variety of more black/mixed/ethnic sims in my game. Hairstyles to fit them. Freckles, body hair, scars, moles, and beards to keep my sims from ALL looking the same. Which brings me to the million make overs I have done in my game. Less perfection. More variety. Experimenting with genetics.

Cats and dogs maybe? Pets weren't as important to me as they were to some people. And it's simple as that.

This year I hope to accomplish telling my Sims stories one day at a time. Aging is off in my game and I just take my time. I hope that I can still still be inspired to play their stories to the bitter end. Death, destruction, mayhem, happy, sad, laughable moments are ahead.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

That is a hard one. I would have to say Vampires. I love the darker feel, the darkform, their powers and weaknesses. I love the other content that came with it. So ... Vampires.

Toddlers. Hands down, toddlers.

A were-wolf game pack like Vampires. I would love to see fae back as well with Sims4. I loved both of those life-states from Sims3. I would love to see bikes, skateboards, roller skates/blades. I would love to see beaches return and being able to swim in the ocean. I would love to be able to build/live on Saxim.

More generations down on my play.

The "update" to the holiday pack. I would like to see some different decor, new trees and lights. New outfits ... something in the holiday pack for toddlers ...

Finish my alien legacy challenge.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited December 2017
    Cats and Dogs because we need more EPs and I love my furbabies
    Parenthood actually omg I forgot that was this year :D !
    Toddlers

3. What would you like to see next year?

2 EP's Seasons and University. Also a Teen specific SP

4. What was your favorite sims moment?
    My first toddler, I was so happy.

Fitness stuff, very underwhelming for me but I'm ok with it :)

6. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year?
    100 generations

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    @Gruffman ooo an alien legacy. I will have to add that to my list of things to do next year.

@EnkiSchmidt what is the BACC challenge and the Holy Sanctuary challenge? Links?
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited December 2017
    Tied between Parenthood and Cats&Dogs.

Why, TODDLERS ofcourse! :smiley: I was completely surprised!

A pack you mean? I hope we get more supernaturals and also more places to visit/holiday in. I'd love a coastal island :)

I have two favorite moments.
    1 is seeing my first newly created CC work in the game. I was so excited!.
    2 is seeing my family grow bigger and bigger until I saw no townies in town but only my own family. That was cool :lol:

Bowling Night. Don't get me wrong, I still like the pack and bowling but in my opinion it could've easily fit into City Living.

Create fabulous high quality CC and learn how to make mods and meshes!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited December 2017

@EnkiSchmidt what is the BACC challenge and the Holy Sanctuary challenge? Links?

Holy Sanctuary is a multi-generational challenge for one household. The sims live confined to a lot that was never meant to be a residential one: a church or other holy site. Venturing out is dangerous. Originally written for Sims 3, but very easy to adapt, rules here:
    https://aholysanctuarysims3.wordpress.com/

BACC is short for Build a city challenge and there are various rulesets for that one. It's multi-generational, multi-household.
    Original Sims 2 rules:
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335049

I use my own simplified ruleset that basically restricts me from everything I tend to abuse in normal gameplay and that can be completed in two or three generations with just the starting households. Rules here:
    https://steffinicoleschmidt.wordpress.com/sims-2-build-a-city-challenge-variant/

And finally a ruleset for Sims 4 that merges Build a city and Legacy:
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=537800
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My favorite pack was Cats and Dogs. It really added a lot to the game, more than I thought it would considering how cheap EA is nowadays.
    Definitely toddlers. I can't imagine playing without them now.
    Probably a romance game pack that adds more romance options and a few romantic interactions for kids.
    I managed to play a household up to generation 3 before impulsively deleting them like I always do. They made me really happy for a while.
    Vampires. I hate vampires. I don't even have the pack. Why would I spend money to terrorize my poor sims?!
    I hope to find a new current household to play because I currently don't have one. I've been in a Sims 4 rut lately because the game itself is boring and the challenges are too hard.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member

I don't really know if it was released this year because I have only played TS4 this year, but I like vampires. I know that GTW is older but I really like that too. ;) I like the randomness and a bit of weird in my game. :)

Don't have one.

I don't actually want seasons. I still want something which expands education/skills/jobs and something to enhance the elder life stage. I would also not say no to another occult type, but not really much for witches.

Anything random and weird. Like my vampire detective being called to investigate a murder at Vlad's manor in which all the witnesses are ghosts. I have a lot of fond moments in my playing actually.

Cats and Dogs. I hate pets in sims, and I am really sad that EA went so much for this EP before some other themes. But then I guess it saved me money so I shouldn't complain...

I have more experimenting to do with alien and vampire genetics. I try to begin challenges but I am too driven by random events in my game which take my interests off in different directions. Last time I began a game to start a legacy, I ended up instead with a woman in a house full of ghosts as she worked to try and bring them back to life...
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2017
    1. It would Have to be Vampires GP, It was pretty good, I've made a few Pretty awesome Daemons.
    Vintage Glamour Stuff was good, I Can't say Anything about Cats and Dogs, I think I'll like it but I don't know Suddenly thinking about Parenthood GP...
    This is my main Daemon, Lord Lucifer Azrael
    screen_shot_2017_09_01_at_6_37_43_pm_by_mphattyboi-dbm2fp6.png

2. ... I don't remember I guess the most recent, octagonal roofing.

3. I Would Love to see a Werewolves GP... My sim's stories have been on hold, and they Haven't really been living, just existing. I'm all for a Farming EP Would love to build a Vineyard, winery, and Brewery, (Seasons EP).

But these are my to be werewolves, Lord Adam Jordan
    screen_shot_2017_12_27_at_5_39_23_pm_by_mphattyboi-dby17w7.png

His Wife Madame Diane Jordan.
    07_03_17_1_59_25pm_by_mphattyboi-dbl6bng.png
    I can't wait to turn them into werewolves. They're going to Have Three Kids, Bruno, Isabella and Caleb... somethings will happen, leaving 12 year old Caleb an orphan, He will experience his first shift with no one to help him. and spend the next 85 or so years as a wolf.

4. I think Making portraits of my sims was fun.
    screen_shot_2017_02_19_at_3_03_03_pm_by_mphattyboi-dazpccd.png

6. All the other stuff packs I don't have, They look like jokes. and Toddlers.

6. I've built a Few Mansions in 2017, and I'm pretty good with how they came out, I still have another Mansion, a Castle and a few Chateaux in development.

Delre Castle
    screen_shot_2017_12_27_at_4_44_38_pm_by_mphattyboi-dby1807.png
    5 Mansions
    screen_shot_2017_12_27_at_6_08_36_pm_by_mphattyboi-dby190a.png
    Center: House of Jordan {Werewolf Mansion}
    Top Left: House of Montgomery(WIP (I need a Bigger lot))
    Top Right: House of Bourbon
    Bottom Left House of Valois
    Bottom Right House of Navarro
    I really Just want more Lots, and again a Werewolves GP.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Its a toss up for be between City Living and Cats and Dogs. I thought I'd hate the little critters but they're so cute and so well done I've fallen
    in love with them.

toddlers. they added some much needed (in my opinion) life to the game. I love those little tykes.
    I would very much like to see some new lifetime aspirations and personality traits. I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential there. Also, I'd love to have my beautiful little witches back. As wonderful a job as EA has done with vampires and toddlers, I can't wait to see what wonderful things they might have in store for witches and maybe even a fae type race. Not necessarily fairies because there's always traditionally been stories about many different types of fae creatures that might be entertaining to see. Every time I go to the glade and see the eyes in the bushes I think of all the little beings that could be there. Sprites anyone? :smiley:
    The day the update that allowed same sex partnerships to have biological children together. Sims have always been rather gender fluid anyway as they seem to love whomever they love regardless of gender, age or racial affiliation, its just nice to finally see them get their families too. I know its not realistic for two men to have a bio baby that one of them carried inside them or for a woman to be able to get another person preggers, but in my little sim world, they can now without mods!
    Bowling Night Stuff. There's nothing wrong with it and I like the content, I just never use it. I don't think I even ever placed a bowling alley in my game. That said, it had some fabulous CAS items that I've used tons in my game and for creating recolors
    Finally reaching generation 10 of my legacy challenge. (I've done 10 generations on others, but this is the family I started on the day I purchased Sims 4 basegame. Its been a long, slow road for this family. So many generations I didn't like much...but the ones I loved in between them have made them worth sticking with it... generation 4... and stalled there. My Sims New Years resolution is to finally fulfill Jacey Barlow's (She was my founding sim) dream and complete 10 generations.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Oh, that's easy on 12 January they dropped toddlers into the game! The favorite pack was Parenthood. What I would like to see this next year, is a singing/entertainment career complete with celebrity and autograph signing. I wouldn't cry (except for joy) if some of the fans could get a tad overzealous and chase the celebrity. All-in-all 2017 was a good year.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Heyah, since the year is winding down, I was just wondering what everyone was up to this year with their simmies.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~

Feel free to share screens! :)

1. Pets. It’s really buggy but I’m so glad we got pets
    2. Toddlers!
    3. If not seasons... a tropical world!
    4. My favorite sims moments was when I got all of my sims their pets :)
    5. Bowling SP , even the fitness SP is more useful
    6. Too many to tell!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited December 2017
    1. What was your favorite pack released this year and why? Cats & Dogs! I've been waiting for so long for them to have these cute little furry friends in the game. :)

2. What was your favorite free update/challenge? I don't think I have one or remember any really good ones.

3. What would you like to see next year? Anything Superstar related. And bug fixes that will solve the fps issue for people who play the game on high/ultra settings.

4. What was your favorite sims moment? Well, my sim gave birth to an alien baby and I thought of using that unexpected event to make a story and work around it (since I don't like alien sims). XD

5. What was your least favorite pack released this year and why? Bowling SP. :( The only good thing about it is some of the furniture.

6. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year? I don't know. Continue with my Dylan's Adventures stories, I guess.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    edited December 2017
    Before I begin the quiz I think it’s been the best year so far for Ts4.

My favourite pack was parenthood. I felt that it added more to the game and I can no longer enjoy the game without it (I have PS4 version as well and I’m lost without the pack hope it comes soon) I loved everything for the pack, especially the school projects as they build up skills I wouldn’t usually get my sim kids/teens to do like rocket science and I also love the discipline option. For me it addressed a lot of issues I had with the game to begin with.
    Toddlers!!!! A much wanted/needed age group and they were done very well.
    I would like a pack for elders, they are the forgotten age group in my opinion, maybe a stuff pack to add objects like canes and selected clothing to suit their age. Something to work alongside get together as you can make some really good clubs for the elders but their options are limited if a person wants old old elders. Also I would like a stuff pack dedicated to teens something to differentiate them from YA and A clothing and hair styles just for them and some objects would be fine for me.
    In all honesty this year I spent more time in CAS then I did actually playing. I created a family for the parent pack and loved them, but then my laptop died and they were gone for good. But since then I have created loads on sims in CAS and attempted to build (I’m still terrible) currently I’m playing an old sim I created years ago, her step mother has just died and her elderly father near death has been spending a lot of time under the covers crying his heart out, I love these little elements in the game.
    I wasn’t that impressed with the sport pack though it did add some lovely clothes and hair styles. I wasn’t impressed with the walking wall I would have preferred some other exercise machine or something like a trampoline and balancing bar (old school)
    I would like to see a family through at least 10 gens I have never in any sims game accomplished that (I’ve always given up and began again) and every year I always say I’m gna try a legacy challenge but never get passed the first sim and I really want to do them this year and not get sidetracked by new storylines for my sims.
  • LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2017
    My favorite pack released this year is without a doubt Parenthood. I love it solely for the fact that it allows my sims to shape their kids up to be however way I want them to; it makes for some great character development - something that I haven't seen before in the sims franchise - which I can revolve my stories around. I also love that the effects you have on your kids aren't too obvious and in-your-face when they grow up; as this subtlety allows me to imagine that past parental guidance is something which they internalize passively, as opposed to something that shapes them up to be clear-cut stereotypes. Add to the fact that I pretty much revolve my entire game around family play; which alone makes this pack a definite game-changer to me; and I absolutely cannot imagine playing without it.

To be honest, I can't really recall any other noteworthy patches other than the toddler patch lol :D I'll never forget January 12th - the exhilaration and excitement when I first loaded the main menu. When the pop-up came up saying that toddlers were added, my first thought went to the entire simming community, and all of its' fans that have been asking for them since day one. I can only imagine how many prayers were answered on that day; as well as the relief on the devs' part. Of course, I myself was super excited about the thought of finally having these tots in my game - as a hardcore family player, the lack of toddlers was the main thing that put me off of the game at first (despite still managing to enjoy it), and the addition of them felt like it filled up this large hole which I'd constantly felt was in the game. Not to mention they were done extremely well too - far better than what I've expected of them.

4. What would you like to see next year (if you're being creative, think outside of the box, beyond Seasons ;))
    The main thing I want to see next year are tweaks to the emotions system. The way I see it, the emotions system is a feature that has a lot of potential, but is ravaged by faulty buffs. First things first - the amount of 'happy' moodlets have to be lowered down; there are simply just too many of them; which contributes to the whole "happy happy lala land" impression/complaint many have of the game. Some of them are just downright unnecessary - "new fridge", "pretty tasty" and "good environment" being such examples (as well as many more that I can't recall right now). Then there's also the issue of negative moodlets not having much of an impact (not helped by the fact that there are generally fewer of them). To make things more realistic and immersive, the most impactful negative moodlets (such as those that have to do with break-ups, jealousy, death, enemies etc.) should have an effect of +10 or higher to ensure that the positive moodlets never override them and spoil the mood, and the duration of these moodlets should be set in a way that can outlast any other moodlet (as realistically such moods tend to be rarer but last a lot longer). That, and they should be able to be boosted by uncomfortable moodlets as well, much like the way positive moodlets are boosted by 'happy' ones. I would love to one day wake up to an update that finally allows me to put a stop to these constantly smiling sims without the help of mods, much like how I had loved waking up to that toddler update.

Besides that, I can't really think of anything that I really, really want to see. Maybe a patch to add more features and improve existing ones in GTW (as that's the only pack I've purchased so far that I've been disappointed in), but I suppose that's wishful thinking at this point.

5. What was your favorite sims moment (did your favorite sim get married/have babies... find a cool challenge? made cool cc? upload a video you love?)
    Oh, this one's easy - when my sim woo-hoo'd with Don Lothario, and he (Don) peed his pants immediately right after that. Good lord that session must've been intense. Hope he didn't break his pelvis after that.

6. What was your least favorite pack released this year and why?
    ...This is honestly a hard pick for me considering DO and Parenthood are all I've purchased this year :D But if I've gotta pick one, it'd probably be C&D. Not as my least favorite per se (as I haven't even played it obviously), but probably the one I'm least interested in. It's probably because I'm just not really an animal person; added by the fact that the gameplay style isn't one I'm really interested in seeing as the pets can't be controlled.

7. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year (will you try a new challenge?)
    Make it to 4000+ gameplay hours >:) (I have 3000+ clocked in right now :D )

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited December 2017
    Vampires, because it's so good, FH is beautiful plus Caleb <3 , and cats and dogs, because my sims needed them; wasn't really worth playing without them.

Can't think of one, though I do like that they give us free festive stuff each year.

3. What would you like to see next year (if you're being creative, think outside of the box, beyond Seasons )
    The laundry which we're getting soon, also I'd like seasons/weather and a new vacation pack. Also I'd like proper greenhouses.

Aside from adding pets to my households it was business as usual; nothing in particular.

Sports stuff, bowling stuff, toddler stuff; have no interest in them so didn't buy them. Also applies to glamour stuff and kids room stuff, but I can't remember when they were released.

I'll do a challenge if it's interesting and I have the time, otherwise just regular stuff.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    My favorite pack was Parenthood because it added such realism to the task of raising kids.

Toddlers!!!!
    [img][/img]vxnx0eS.png

I would love to see an educational pack encompassing public/private school for children and teens and a university system.

My favorite sim moment was the birth of the first toddler in my game. <3

My least favorite would have to be Vampires simply because I haven't done anything with it other than grow garlic.

I have extended family members who have left the nest and moved out on their own. I'd like to play one of those sims and experience what the Vampire pack has to offer.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vampires, and it isn't even a contest. It isn't that I don't love Cats and Dogs, but the The Sims 4: Vampires might be the greatest pack in the series. I've never played a perfect video game, but I imagine that Vampires is pretty close to perfection.

I've never been a fan of the toddler life stage, but it was still an entire stage introduced for free. Hard to compete with that.

I have no interest in future updates beyond Seasons.

Loading up CAS with the Vampire pack for the first time back in January. The nearly endless options still amaze me to this day.

Toddler Stuff. I'm not big on stuff packs to begin with, and the toddler pack in particular didn't give me much I would use.

I don't keep lists of accomplishments in video games. I play them for recreation, nothing more.
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    1. My favourite pack this year was Cats and Dogs, I feel like it added so much to the game.
    2. My favourite patch was the toddler patch, I never played any other sim games so it was completely new to me, but toddlers make the game so much more interesting especially since twins and triplets seem to be very popular among my sims.
    3. I hope we get seasons, a pack with a bunch of new worlds, some sort of underwater themed pack where your sims can live in houses underwater and maybe an into the future pack.
    4. When i was playing a storyline and every single genration had twins or triplets, i used no cheats.
    5. Bowling stuff was my least favourite.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • JrKyodaiJrKyodai Posts: 11 New Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > 1. What was your favorite pack released this year and why?
    > Vampires. I love how customizeable the vampires are, covering many different perceptions of vampires as well as different gameplay needs, including the creation of some non-vampire supernaturals.
    >
    > 2. What was your favorite free update/challenge?
    > The update that included the ability to make objects smaller.
    >
    > 3. What would you like to see next year (if you're being creative, think outside of the box, beyond Seasons ;))
    > Though I'm not interested in Seasons much, I'm not creative, either. I simply want a Beach Fun GP and a Pool Party SP to go with that. Swimming in the oceans, lakes and rivers, retroactively for all worlds, yes, even if that breaks my old saves.
    > This is for me what toddlers are to family players.
    >
    > 4. What was your favorite sims moment (did your favorite sim get married/have babies... find a cool challenge? made cool cc? upload a video you love?)
    > I used Sims 4 instead of Sims 2 to illustrate a story for the first time. Posing sims in this iteration is harder, but all those backdrops are too good not to use. As I grew more comfortable with poses and fx player I also built my sims a nature preserve with a natural bath:
    >
    >
    > We proudly present the freshwater sea serpent!
    >
    > I also started creating cc, mostly for personal use only, but among the files I shared was a kiddie pool for toddlers:
    >
    >
    >
    > When it started accumulating downloads (a little more than 1000) I became anxious and almost wished people would stopp downloading already, because once ingame they'd see how cheaply that thing was made. I still have mixed feelings about the download, on the one hand I love that thing to pieces, on the other it falls short compared to what other people upload (like necrodog's kiddie pool with transparent water and custom animations).
    >
    > And finally I won a challenge I had come up with myself and that's goal was to got rid of all organized crime in my mainsave :) Finally one of my favourite families can return to Windenburg from their exile in Oasis Springs (where the witness defense program had moved them to).
    >
    >
    > 5. What was your least favorite pack released this year and why?
    > Bowling Night SP. It's probably well done, but I'm not interested in the theme.
    >
    > 6. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year (will you try a new challenge?)
    > Definitely some challenges. I lost the Hostage Challenge (my variant of the Sims 3 Kidnapper Challenge) and would like to replay that. Also I never made it through Asylum, Legacy, BACC and Holy Sanctuary, but I'm always having fun playing them halfways through.
    >
    > In my mainsave I foresee tensions between nobility (priviledged, but often poor), middle class (often rich but lacking true political power) and the working class (lacking in both priviledges and wealth). But before I ignite another conflict I'm going to let my young families enjoy the crime-free years of peace, raise their kids and so on.

Can you link me the pool?