The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I receive a price adjustment... (Support chat transcript included)

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
Hey everyone, did anyone else take advantage of the "FILLYOURSTOCKING" 30% off promo code only to find out the games you bought are now 50% off? I bought Pets and now a week later it's 50% off and I'm on with customer support and they're telling me they can't provide a price adjustment. I understand sales happening now and then but 7 days. Come on...

Update: I just got off with customer support and was offered a 15% off code I declined. I want my issue resolved not to give you more money.
Post edited by sims2freak737 on

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think it's safe to say to not even bother with EA customer support, for VARIOUS reasons.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    Some agents are great and some are terrible. Get them
    On the phone instead of chat. When it happened to
    Me, I had just bought outdoor retreat and then it went on sale. They erased the game from my origin and I had to re-buy it. If that suits you, it’s an option you could request!
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Hey everyone, did anyone else take advantage of the "FILLYOURSTOCKING" 30% off promo code only to find out the games you bought are now 50% off? I bought Pets and now a week later it's 50% off and I'm on with customer support and they're telling me they can't provide a price adjustment. I understand sales happening now and then but 7 days. Come on...

Does anyone know how I can go about getting back my $20?

Update: I just got off with customer support and was offered a 15% off code I declined. I want my issue resolved not to give you more money.

My humble advice is to check the company policy on "Price Adjustment". Some companies and retail stores when they have a sale that takes off a percentage from an item they treat is as a "Final Sale" or "As Is" which means that you cant return the item or ask for a price adjustment just because when you bought last week was 30% off and now this week is 50% off. However depending on the company/store exception could be made on the discretion of the supervisor or manager. Give them another call and speak to an representative if you believe or feel they are not being helpful resolving your situation than ask them to speak with a supervisor or manager.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Katiardguez - I've tried to find a price adjustment policy but can't find one. The individual in chat support also stated they have no policy for price adjustments. I was also told they cannot bump up my case to another tier of support. I've just been told it's out of their limitations and they won't do anything.

@Cocoapugs - I just asked for them to erase it and re-buy and they said they can't do that...

I'm not trying to sound like a spoiled brat but this is infuriating customer service. It's insane. The representative isn't even responding now. They're just waiting for me to exit the chat.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I've never had an issue like this and don't take this as an accusation but aside from the agent you get it's also about your tone. Remember they are still a person. Be firm in what you want but nice. And persistent. But remember nice. Also mention that you heard from a friend that it was indeed possible and ask if you could get the same deal. And like someone else suggested, try calling. AND if you can leave feedback on that representative who is ignoring you be sure to do so.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    @poisonedsodapop - I totally understand tone (which is hard to express online haha) but I was just trying to be firm but fair. When I was told there was nothing he could do I asked to have my case bumped up. Actual answer given, "No." I then asked for a policy on price adjustments and he said they didn't have one. I then asked for a policy on final sale items since he stated once bought on sale they can't do anything. No response for about 15min and he just ended the chat...
    edited December 2017
    Here is my chat transcript.

Inderdeep
    Thanks for contacting EA Help, my name is Inderdeep. How may I assist you today?

you
    Hi there, I contacted support last night but wasn't exactly satisfied. I purchased The Sims 4 Pets a week ago at 30% off and it's now on sale for 50% off. I was told there is no option for a price adjustment and declined a 15% off coupon because I don't have an intention of spending more money. I was wondering if I can get a price adjustment since it's a significant change in price for only being a week.

Inderdeep
    Hello.

Inderdeep
    Hello.

Inderdeep
    [my name], let me clearly tell you that promotion varies from time to time.

Inderdeep
    As you have purchased the game when it was 30% off so, we won't be able to make any changes into it.

you
    Is there a way to have it removed from my account and I can repurchase it?

Inderdeep
    The items already on sale cannot be refunded.

Inderdeep
    In future also their will be no sale and many players will purchase the game and they can also say to us that earlier the sale was going on. Can we have 50% discount.

Inderdeep
    EA is also doing business and promotion and sale has been decided by the Management team.

Inderdeep
    Hence, no adjustments can be made to the money.

you
    I totally understand there are sales every once and a while and I have never requested a price adjustment or return until now. As a customer, I'm feeling punished for taking advantage of a holiday sale (FILLYOURSTOCKING 30% off coupon) and finding out 7 days later it's a better sale. There was absolutely no indication there would be another sale for the holidays so of course I would feel pressured to buy the game during that time.

you
    Is there any other support channel I can go through? Every time I come on here for help I never have my issues resolved and am offered a 15% off coupon in the hopes I'll spend more money with the company.

Inderdeep
    The sale completely depends upon the marketing team.

you
    I understand that but the chat support is here to help customers with issues such as this.

you
    Can you please direct me to the page where it states items bought on sale cannot be price adjusted?

Inderdeep
    Please understand that every job has some limitations, and whatever is in my hands I am doing it for you.

you
    Can my case be bumped up?

Inderdeep
    I completely understand, however, had it been in my hands I would have done something about it.

Inderdeep
    Due to tool limitations, I’m sorry we’ll not be able to adjust any money in this case.

Inderdeep
    Is there anything else?

you
    Is there another level of support my case can be sent to?

Inderdeep
    No.

you
    Can you please direct me to a policy regarding price adjustments..? I'm trying to find one and cannot find it.

Inderdeep
    This is because we have no policy for price adjustments.

Inderdeep
    I’ve provided you with the best possible resolution for the issue.

Inderdeep
    If there is anything else, I’ll be glad to assist you with.

you
    Can you please direct me to a policy regarding final sale items?

you
    ?

you
    Are you still here?

you
    Hello..?

you
    Are you ignoring me?

The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

I'm also furious of the wrong use of "there" but that's another story haha
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Does anyone know how I can go about getting back my $20?

Your fighting for 8 dollars, not 20.

The game is 40. You got it at 30% of. 30% of 40 is 12, so you paid 28 dollars for the game. They now offered a 50% of deal, 50% of 40 is 20. The difference is 8 dollars and should not be expect to get 20 dollars back off a 28 dollar purchase.

So, in your original post, there is no way for you go go about getting back your 20 dollars, when you already got 12 dollars off. You sound like you are trying to get Cats and Dogs for 8 dollars according to the math in the first post.

• KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    @sims2freak737

This is the return policy since March 16,2015-https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

Returns and Cancellations-https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and@sims2freak737

I'm not sure if EA would allow a return after the seventh day but you can try to officially dispute the charge by going
    to their website--https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
    and choosing "The Sims 4/Orders/Dispute Charge. You can than select the contact method of your preference.

Don't know if you paid by credit card but if you did give them a call and let them know that you would like to dispute a transaction that was made. I also would suggest to save all the chat transcript that you have as evidence to your credit card company that you have made the request and the EA representative were not willing to cooperate on finding a solution to resolve the issue.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Isn't it a rule of thumb like anything you buy is not to expect to get a price adjustment online and just get what you pay for I mean please seriously why are you complaining for a price adjustment origins is an online store not a retailer.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2017
    I have had this happen more than once, (goes on sale anywhere from a couple days, to a week or so after buying) and only one time did I ever try to contact CS for that issue.
    It was the last. He was nasty beyond belief. :o I was shocked.
    And I later found out, does not even reside in this country.
    Apparently you can get EA CS job living anywhere on the planet. Or so it seems.
    (Not that residence is the problem but that it made him not care, not know what to really do, and just tried to get rid of me - and then he even hung up on me! :o:s )
    But the big problem was that he was really rude, bad PR/CS skills.
    Maybe they need to go where I did, for certification in CS, because that one call should have had him fired.

I remember the days of excellent CS, and Yes, it really did exist. :p
    I remember them forgetting about me...many months later, get an email where they apologized and offered help, but it was too late, lol.
    Who do they think their salaries come from? :/
    And yes, I am very much nice, polite, etc...unless they start with me, to the point that no one would put up with it.
    I miss the cheerful, kind, nice CS reps! :'(
    Even if things don't get resolved the way one wants, it's still important to be respectful, nice, and professional.

But, I leaned my lesson.
    I either deal with fallout of price changes, or I don't click the "Buy" button.

It's not worth the headache or stress anymore... :(

Try not to fret too much. I am sorry things didn't go so well.
    Happy Holidays!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You could take it up with your CC company.
    edited December 2017
    @Gruffman - I think I got confused looking at my purchase history. It has it listed that I paid $39.99 and I didn't notice the section towards the bottom where it applied the discount (I saved $20.99 on 3 stuff packs and one expansion). I totally misread that and thought it was a $20 difference so that's totally my bad! (I'm not a math person AT ALL! haha) I do feel better now knowing it was only $8 but I'm still just upset that I took advantage of a sale I believed to be the sale for the holidays and had I waited just a week later could have got a better deal.

@pepperjax1230 - Online retailer or not, every store I have ever shopped at has policies for price adjustments... I wouldn't have an issue if the sale was you know, a month later, but marking something down another 20% a week later and not giving customers an option to price adjust just feels like a slap in the face.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    @Gruffman - I think I got confused looking at my purchase history. It has it listed that I paid $39.99 and I didn't notice the section towards the bottom where it applied the discount (I saved $20.99 on 3 stuff packs and one expansion). I totally misread that and thought it was a $20 difference so that's totally my bad! (I'm not a math person AT ALL! haha) I do feel better now knowing it was only $8 but I'm still just upset that I took advantage of a sale I believed to be the sale for the holidays and had I waited just a week later could have got a better deal.

@pepperjax1230 - Online retailer or not, every store I have ever shopped at has policies for price adjustments... I wouldn't have an issue if the sale was you know, a month later, but marking something down another 20% a week later and not giving customers an option to price adjust just feels like a slap in the face.

It’s not a slap in the face at all. It’s business. They are not required to let you know about all of their sales in advance. And you are not entitled to a price adjustment at all. You purchased it on sale. You knew what you were doing. No one forced you to do it.

Most companies have a policy that all sale items are final and non refundable. Sims 4 DLC are non refundable as well. You can only refund a base game for a limited time after purchasing. DLCs are non refundable.

Demanding a price adjustment sounds really weird to me. Like what if a person bought a game on the day it came out and then it went on sale 2 weeks later. Should they be refunded the difference? I don’t think so.
    You decided to buy it for 30% off. It was your decision. All packs eventually go on sale for 50% off. You didn’t want to wait. It was your choice. Now you can’t really complain.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

@PrincessVee - I have not said I'm entitled to a price adjustment and I have yet to see a policy stating all DLC purchases are final sale. I have also acknowledged that no, people should not receive a price adjustment if there is a sale 2 weeks later. I'm also tired of hearing the argument that no one forced me to buy the game, I'm a grown adult and am aware of my actions so thanks for that friendly reminder. I did not wait because I don't follow Origin sales so I turned to the Sims community and no one once mentioned they may do another sale a week later but rather I was encouraged to use the 30% off code because they don't have sales often. I also received awful customer service from a company that has notoriously shown a lack of care for their customers.

I simply came on here to ask if there was a way to get a price adjustment and have been provided some nice help from @Cocoapugs, @Katiardguez, @poisonedsodapop, and @SimplySimazing. @Gruffman was kind enough to point out my error in price. You have made the decision to tell me Sims 4 DLC items are non refundable without providing a link to the policy (to which I'm not requesting refund), and use the same argument regarding items going on sale weeks later to which I've acknowledged I completely agree with. If you're here to help then it is greatly appreciated but all you've done is tell me I don't have the right to be upset or complain without providing sufficient proof.

I have never seen a online retailer have a price adjustment policy so its buyer beware and if you choose to take advantage of a different sale you can't expect them to refund you 8 dollars. No online retailer has a price adjustment policy it only store that have that and they have websites online but you can physically go in and get a price adjustment. You are expecting a online retailer to do business like a store and they are just an online store not you go in and buy stuff.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I don't see what the issue is. Unless they have a sale adjustment policy like Target then they aren't obligated. The closer to Christmas the deeper the sales for that late rush of sales/profit. You can't fault them because you bought before a deeper sale.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    edited December 2017
    Cocoapugs wrote: »
    Me, I had just bought outdoor retreat and then it went on sale. They erased the game from my origin and I had to re-buy it. If that suits you, it’s an option you could request!

@pepperjax1230 - Obviously they have a way to "price adjust". Steam provides refunds/price adjustments and it's clearly stated in their policy. Yes, I understand this isn't Steam but your argument of how online retailers work is invalid.

@ladybreid - Even if they don't have a policy, they clearly have the tools to provide this service to customers. I don't see how I'm out of line in any way especially after the way the customer service representative handled the situation. There is a big difference between saying they can't do something and simply choosing not to. Not having a policy isn't a logical argument because they have to then expect circumstances like this to arise and have an appropriate way of handling it.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

@pepperjax1230 - Obviously they have a way to "price adjust". Steam provides refunds/price adjustments and it's clearly stated in their policy. Yes, I understand this isn't Steam but your argument of how online retailers work is invalid.

@ladybreid - Even if they don't have a policy, they clearly have the tools to provide this service to customers. I don't see how I'm out of line in any way especially after the way the customer service representative handled the situation. There is a big difference between saying they can't do something and simply choosing not to. Not having a policy isn't a logical argument because they have to then expect circumstances like this to arise and have an appropriate way of handling it.

The "logical argument" is that they don't have a price adjustment policy.

You can ask, no one has told you that you can't ask. You asked, they answered. You posted on the forums, you got opinions. That won't change their policy.

I read the transcript you posted and I really don't see how they were rude or out of line.

I bought 2 packs of Thomas's English Muffins Thursday at the regular price and yesterday (Friday) they were on sale buy one get one free, my grocer isn't going to refund the 4.95 for the second pack I paid for the day before. It isn't the stores policy not because it states that there is no price adjustment but because it does not state that there is a price adjustment. The business doesn't need to state policies it doesn't hold, only those it does hold.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    edited December 2017

I don't see how you are comparing Origins to Steam. Origins is basically EA and Steam sells all games Origins sells EA games and maybe a little more but they are still EA and EA is a business and refunding money is one thing if you don't like the game you should get a refund but asking for a price adjustment when they clearly don't have a policy for that is another. Another thing is they told you they can't do a price adjustment and you are still wanting one did you even read the transcript you posted. You can ask for the adjustment but its clear they aren't going to give you one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    @PrincessVee - I have not said I'm entitled to a price adjustment and I have yet to see a policy stating all DLC purchases are final sale. I have also acknowledged that no, people should not receive a price adjustment if there is a sale 2 weeks later. I'm also tired of hearing the argument that no one forced me to buy the game, I'm a grown adult and am aware of my actions so thanks for that friendly reminder. I did not wait because I don't follow Origin sales so I turned to the Sims community and no one once mentioned they may do another sale a week later but rather I was encouraged to use the 30% off code because they don't have sales often. I also received awful customer service from a company that has notoriously shown a lack of care for their customers.

I simply came on here to ask if there was a way to get a price adjustment and have been provided some nice help from @Cocoapugs, @Katiardguez, @poisonedsodapop, and @SimplySimazing. @Gruffman was kind enough to point out my error in price. You have made the decision to tell me Sims 4 DLC items are non refundable without providing a link to the policy (to which I'm not requesting refund), and use the same argument regarding items going on sale weeks later to which I've acknowledged I completely agree with. If you're here to help then it is greatly appreciated but all you've done is tell me I don't have the right to be upset or complain without providing sufficient proof.

I’m just giving you the reality of your situation.

Also, you can easily find my sources yourself if you go to any of the Sims 4 dlc details page on origin. It will say something like “Origin Great Game Guarantee: Not Eligible”. It means the sale is final and no refund will be given if you don’t like the game, or change your mind, or any other reason.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    edited December 2017
    @sims2freak737 This is kind of sad that this happened to you, I had had a problem where I got an EA gift card for Christmas, and used papal not EA wallet for my payment, and the rep gave me a full refund and let me keep the game I bought.

info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
    info: Thank you for contacting us. rishabh will help you soon.
    rishabh: Thanks for contacting EA Help, my name is rishabh. How may I assist you today?
    you: I just bought a sims 4 game for a friend and used papal, but I wanted to use the funds I had in my ea wallet. I have no money in my bank.
    rishabh: Can I get your name to address you better?
    you: James
    rishabh: Nice to meet you James.
    rishabh: So you are experiencing some issues with your payment if I am not wrong.
    you: yes
    you: i just used the wrong payment method
    rishabh: Okay so normally which payment method do you use while purchasing game?
    you: Ea wallet
    rishabh: See though there is one time exception for refund but I am doing it only for you as you have used the wrong payment method somehow, sounds good?
    you: yes thank you
    rishabh: May I have your order no to proceed further?
    you: 1003421133972
    rishabh: Thanks mate. Here you go.
    you: thank you so much
    you: dose not so as a refund yet might take some time
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to at the end of your chat session.
    you: now it does
    rishabh: Your refund has been done from our side. You will receive it within 4-5 working days.
    you: thanks again and happy holidays
    rishabh: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
    @frogkiss1 - Yeah I don't know why either. Overall I'm extremely disappointed in EAs customer service as usual. Thanks for showing that it is indeed possible to get a refund though. Whether yours was within the time frame or not for a refund (my belief is it may have been out of it due to the "one time exception" comment) they were still more than happy to help you.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I will be closing this topic as it seems to be going around in circles.

Under the Great Game Guarantee DLCs (including expansion packs) are non-refundable:
    • Downloadable content (DLC) and other third-party games purchased on Origin are not eligible for the Great Game Guarantee. This is a guarantee for full game (or "base game") downloads published by EA, including full game pre-orders and most full games on promotional discount.

- Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top