Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKimmie Wants Our “Car Gameplay” Feedback!!!

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    O.K, this is going to be a long post. I've thought about this for a while, and here are my ideas for a Cars themed EP (some of these may have already been said):

World: Plumbob Speedway
    Similar to Granite Falls but instead of a vacation world, it has a drag strip, dirt round track, asphalt round track, car show lot, car dealerships, mechanic shop, auto body shop, junk yard, auction lot, and car wash.

Aspirations: Car Enthusiast:
    -Classic Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of antique cars
    -Sports Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of high octane, high speed racers
    -Luxury Car Enthusiast: Build your collection of the most luxurious cars
    -Master Mechanic: Tied to Handiness skill and new mechanic skill. Work on car engines and be able to build a Super Engine
    -Master Body Man/Woman: Tied to Handiness and body work skill. An engine is great and all (and very important) but these Sims are artists and can make even the biggest rust bucket look brand new.
    -Dealership Mogul: Work your way from a "lemon" car dealer to the biggest luxury car dealer

Traits:
    Lead Foot/Speed Demon: These Sims love the feel of being thrust into the driver's seat from doing high speeds. What's the point of owning a fast car if you always do the speed limit?
    Grease Monkey/Mechanic: These Sims don't mind getting their hands dirty. They get a boost in mood when in the garage tinkering on engines
    Auto Body Artist: Creativity comes in all forms and these sims' canvas is the body of a car. While other sims see a rusty pile of bolts as ruined, these sims see the untapped potential to make a beautiful masterpiece.

New Gameplay:
    -Build, tinker, race, drive, wash, paint cars.
    -Kids can work in the garage with adult supervision. They can give the proper tools to mom/dad. They can also pretend to fix their toy cars with their own tool playset
    -Teens learn to drive. They also get more freedom to work in the garage with mom/dad
    -Give gift (car) to teens
    -Take away driving privileges from teen
    -Cars breakdown and have to be repaired.

Careers:
    Car Dealership: Buy, sell, trade cars
    Mechanic: Oil Changes, repair engine, change tires, install car alarms
    Auto Body Technician: Repair the body on the car, paint, and restore cars

Build/Buy Objects:
    -Cars (obviously): American Muscle, Project Cars, Everyday drivers, sports cars, luxury cars, family cars
    -Garage Doors
    -Garage Clutter: Oil cans, gas cans, wrenches, tools on walls, car posters, tires stacks
    -Gameplay objects: Engine hoists, car lifts, tire machines, paint booths, motorized toy cars for kids to drive around, tool playset for kids
    -Car themed furniture: Car seats as chairs, sofas; tires stacks as end tables, race car beds for kids
    -Kids garage playset--like the dollhouse

@SweetieWright_84 , you have a lot of great ideas and have really fleshed out this concept! B) I can just see how this would tie in to some of the packs that we already have. And the "Dealership Mogul" Aspiration made me crack up! <3:D:D
    The only negative thing I can say about your ideas isn't so much your ideas, but the fact that since EA doesn't let Children water plants in the garden, I doubt they will let them tinker in the garage, even with supervision! :'( It would be great if they would do this, though! B)

Realistically, I really don't think everything I wrote would be in a pack but I wanted to put my two cents in. I didn't really care if cars were added or not because the way Sims travel but after thinking about it for a while, I came up with these ideas. Glad you like them...even if they never come to fruition.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    This game template is too restricted for real use of any type of vehicles. All we will see is the sims getting into cars and then vanishing into thin air. I LOVED the vehicles in Sims 3 with Fresh Prince being one of the most STELLAR creators ever of all sim vehicles. I can't see it working out for this current game. I vote for MOAR much needed repairs to the borked gameplay that we are still struggling with on the daily.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    well I guess if they put them in they could function like they did in ts2 but with a little more of a driving animation I guess but I only used them then so I didn't have to wait for a taxi. Then in ts3 I didn't need them as much because teleport so I don't care either way there are other things I want more but I guess we'll see.

Don't think that would work, in City Living you take elevator down unless you're zone jumping so unless they cut that part out. You would get weird stuff like going down the elevator to be picked up by a car to get to other side the street, another problem i see is in city living you leave for work through elevator that would also need to excluded from cars mechanic then or reworked.

So in other words i think it will get some problems working along side city living, plus might also get some problems with get together since you just arrive at spot doing a gathering, so they would also need to exclude gatherings from car function or rework it entirely too.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    Cars in the Sims 3 were really bad. Firstly they never went to the parking slot you placed, but into the sim's pockets. There was no animation of the sims getting in and out, but they just ported. It got worse with the subway system in Late Night. Here's an example to illustrate: I would have 2 sims go to a party across town. They get into the family car, then drive to the nearest subway station. They would then exit the subway, sometimes through different stations, but regardless if they were together after exiting, the driver would get back in their car, but the passenger would take a taxi/limo instead.

I think that some animation to drive off the lot (sims do run very far to exit) would be nice, but there will need to be consideration of where certain vehicles are allowed. Windenburg is a good place for examples: since the various areas don't have roads and such, there would need to be various restrictions on the vehicles available in each specific district. The Old Town and Modern districts would need to be restricted by bicycles, the Countryside can have the normal cars, and the Island would need boats. Granite Falls could have a few trucks, boats, helicopters. Uptown can only have helicopters, and maybe the Fashion District can't have any vehicles at all.

However, those aren't really gameplay, so there needs to be something more to it. If it's focused on cars, then maybe some mechanic or racing active career would make it relevant. If it's ships, then that cruise thing we heard about a long time ago might be good.
    The fact cars in 3 had clear flaws - like the one you describe - doesn't make them 'really bad'. I love the designs for the cars, I love I can customize them in every colour or design I want to and I love I can drive around in them. That's what I'd want for cars if they'd implement them in a new game and also for Sims 4 (within the possibilities of the game).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I would like to see car woohoo. Teenagers can get their drivers liscense and the ability to fix up cars or create your own car with mechanicle skill.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would like to see car woohoo. Teenagers can get their drivers liscense and the ability to fix up cars or create your own car with mechanicle skill.

Yes car woohoo would be great to see again :blush: and a brand new world, with lots of road space, would be awesome too. I know she was askin just out of curiosity but who knows, if it gets enough attention they may do it for real.
    Some of my ideas here in vidya form cause I was geekin
    https://youtu.be/2IL9wiwLiko
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2017
    Decided to resurrect this thread cause we got the parking spaces in cats and dogs.

Edit
    I resurrected the wrong thread. I meant to resurrect the one I made. I didn't know there was a similar one. I never posted in this one.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2017
    Ok here is what I'd like to see

Cars can be washed

Certain cars can be fixed up

The following interactions Get in car by opening doors,chat,listen to the radio,watch the stars together,cuddle without breaking away after 5 seconds,kiss,makeout,woohoo and try for a baby.

Go for a cruise

Go to a travel destination were there is a Sims Grand Canyon and maybe a bed and breakfast inn.

Pets can ride in cars with sims

Up to 8 sims per car

Cars I'd like to see
    Volkswagon
    Convertables
    Fords Small Cars
    Chevy Small Cars
    Porshes
    Vans
    Suvs
    RVs for Camping
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited December 2017
    I Luv My Cars and trucks in My Sims 2 & 3, so Ya I want them back for Sims 4 as well, Been asking for them since day 1, even made a character saying I Want My Cars, :)
    P.S. I also want My Harley Motorcycle back thanks.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I want ALL the cars. lol Muscle cars, suvs, sedans, coups, vans, trucks, and everything in between. I would like larger vehicles (suvs, vans, etc.) to fit at least 7 - 8 sims, and you can see them all seated inside. Not getting in then vanishing.

I would also like car seats for toddlers and babies (if they are ever liberated), and booster seats for younger kids.

Bring back car woohoo and the ability to listen to the radio.

Car alarms can be installed to prevent them from being stolen by the burglar (if they ever come back as well).

The ability to wash the car, it could be a family activity as well.

Add the automotive technician career.

A mechanic can fix up any vehicle, not just one type of car created to be "fixed" up.

Possibly have an ownable garage when sims could bring their cars, trucks, etc. to get routine maintenance (i.e. tire changes, oil drained, etc.) to having major work done. And instead of having a check list to follow like in Cats and Dogs or Get to Work, the player can decide what they want their mechanic to do to fix the car.

Small toy cars like Power Wheels, so toddlers can drive around in them.

That's all that I can think of for now. lol But yeah, I loved cars in Sims 2 and Sims 3, and would love to see them return!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Isn't Sim Guru Kimmee only a concept artist?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I wasn't even aware of this thread. I must have been busy enjoying the summer in July.
    But EA apparently have been thinking about having cars in the Sims 4 since it was in the survey as a possible pack.
    On The Road:

Get behind the wheel of different vehicles, including cars, trucks and motorcycles. Fix up old cars, build a hotrod or jump on your ride and explore a number of tourist destinations.

New Vehicles: Your Sims can now choose from a variety of vehicles to own and drive including cars, trucks, and even motorcycles.

Build A Garage: Build a brand new garage where you can work on your vehicles and display them for all to see.

Become A Mechanic: Fix up, customize, and build new cars with the new Mechanic active career.

Visit Tourist Destinations: Take your ride on the road to visit tourist destinations like the Grand Sims Canyon, the World’s Largest Ball of Twine, or the Secret Mystery Spot.

People seem to be focused on the actual driving of the vechicle, but I like the idea of building a garage and working on the vehicles.
    I loved the fixer up car from The Sims 3 store. The same for the junk car we could fix up in The Sims 2.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2017
    this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really don't want cars.

They're not my top priority, but they'd make a decent SP theme. Working on/upgrading would be a great way to build Handiness (I get bored with the workbench at time), maybe you just start with one radio station then you can upgrade the radio, or just Putter Around. Car makeout or Woohoo/Fool Around would be a good addition. Teens could learn to drive, and maybe the devs can patch in Loss of Car Privileges as a teen punishment for those who have Parenthood installed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    well I guess if they put them in they could function like they did in ts2 but with a little more of a driving animation I guess but I only used them then so I didn't have to wait for a taxi. Then in ts3 I didn't need them as much because teleport so I don't care either way there are other things I want more but I guess we'll see.

Don't think that would work, in City Living you take elevator down unless you're zone jumping so unless they cut that part out. You would get weird stuff like going down the elevator to be picked up by a car to get to other side the street, another problem i see is in city living you leave for work through elevator that would also need to excluded from cars mechanic then or reworked.

So in other words i think it will get some problems working along side city living, plus might also get some problems with get together since you just arrive at spot doing a gathering, so they would also need to exclude gatherings from car function or rework it entirely too.

With CL maybe you just wouldn't see the getting in car animation -- you just take the elevator and instead of going to the street you'd be like going to the underbuilding garage, then you arrive at the destination.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cars worked in TS2, so they could work in TS4 too.

I'd also like to see bicycles and tricycles.

Tricycles for toddlers.
    Bikes with training wheels for kids, then the training wheels could be removed when they get the hang of it.
    Bikes with a toddler seat on the back.
    Bikes with a basket on the front.

Cars can be washed
    That there could be incorporated into a uni pack, with a car wash fund raiser for your uni club.
    Go to a travel destination were there is a Sims Grand Canyon and maybe a bed and breakfast inn.
    Why the grand canyon? Why not a sim Great Ocean Road?

visionsofvictoria1437227-305.jpg
    GO-Road-from-above.jpg
    Up to 8 sims per car
    That would be a people mover. Most cars only carry 4-5.
    RVs for Camping
    I like this idea.
    Could be incorporated into a vacation game pack.

Here in Australia, we have what are known as the Grey Nomads. It's people 60+ who spend a portion of the year travelling around the country in RVs or with caravans in tow.

In addition to that, we've got the old school sandman
    holden-sandman-cars-automotive-metal-tin-sign-1-sm.jpg?v=201610051731
    They were a big part of surf culture in the 1970's and 80's. You can carry a surfboard or two on top, and you can sleep in it. Perfect for a cheap holiday.

Kinda like a kombi, but a bit simpler and a bit cooler.
    1087105-825x550.jpg
    A Kombi is total luxury compared to a sandman.

Retro is cool, lets go with that.

fa24d731beac8d49e7cc22b2b5b4b1fd--caravan-vintage-vintage-caravans.jpg
    caravan460b_1575147a.jpg
    Shasta-caravan-006.jpg

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Only?
    How do you think they get ideas rolling?
    We post ideas, a concept artist draws up some of them, and other parts of the development team start thinking about the logistics, working out what will work, what won't and what would need to change.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2017
    Movotti wrote: »

Tricycles for toddlers.
    Bikes with training wheels for kids, then the training wheels could be removed when they get the hang of it.

Cars can be washed
    That there could be incorporated into a uni pack, with a car wash fund raiser for your uni club.
    Up to 8 sims per car
    RVs for Camping
    I like this idea.

Here in Australia, we have what are known as the Grey Nomads. It's people 60+ who spend a portion of the year travelling around the country in RVs or with caravans in tow.

They were a big part of surf culture in the 1970's and 80's. You can carry a surfboard or two on top, and you can sleep in it. Perfect for a cheap holiday.

Only?
    We post ideas, a concept artist draws up some of them, and other parts of the development team start thinking about the logistics, working out what will work, what won't and what would need to change.

Cars and bycicles worked in S2 and 3 because there was a true road system. S4 doesn’t have one. I do love your ideas though. I hope this team can prove me wrong. Maybe they can build one world solely for the use of cars and bycicles.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I don’t understand the desire for cars. We can’t really go anywhere in them.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »

Why have birthday cake in the game? Can't you just age up your Sim and be done with it. :D Why have beds in the game, can't you just cheat to raise motives and get on with it? Why have tables and chairs in game, can't you just let them stand and eat and maybe they won't talk so much and you can get on with it. Why have neighbors, children, pets, teens, elderly, YA, adults why not just have an avatar on the screen and you don't actually see a Sim but just click on stuff and gain points that way you can dispense with the actual simulation in a simulating game about life. I know let's all just play Life Quest, wait, they have cars, but it's better, right? since there isn't any simulation and we just click the screen to eat, sleep etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

It's called immersion. One of my favirote additions with the Sims 2 besides lifestages and pregnancies, was vehicles. I would enjoy to have it back!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

It's called immersion. One of my favirote additions with the Sims 2 besides lifestages and pregnancies, was vehicles. I would enjoy to have it back!
    Sims 3’s open world was my first real Sims experience. Then I played Sims 4 and decided loading screens didn’t work for me, they completely pulled me out of the game I noticed. And then I played Sims 2 and realized I could actually live with a loading screen (though I’ll always be a hardcore open world fan), as long as there was some logic: a sim driving off. It simply does make a difference.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    • Storyline/Screenshots reasons.
    • New woohoo vacation spot.
    • New way of building up handiness skill.
    • Listening to the radio in an alternative way.
    • New method of spending money
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Tricycles for toddlers.

Cars can be washed

visionsofvictoria1437227-305.jpg
    GO-Road-from-above.jpg
    Up to 8 sims per car
    RVs for Camping
    I like this idea.

holden-sandman-cars-automotive-metal-tin-sign-1-sm.jpg?v=201610051731

1087105-825x550.jpg

fa24d731beac8d49e7cc22b2b5b4b1fd--caravan-vintage-vintage-caravans.jpg
    caravan460b_1575147a.jpg
    Shasta-caravan-006.jpg

Only?

love the rv
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Sims 3’s open world was my first real Sims experience. Then I played Sims 4 and decided loading screens didn’t work for me, they completely pulled me out of the game I noticed. And then I played Sims 2 and realized I could actually live with a loading screen (though I’ll always be a hardcore open world fan), as long as there was some logic: a sim driving off. It simply does make a difference.

That's how I feel as well. I think the loading screens with Sims 2 doesn't bother me as much because, 1) it was a game released in 2004, and 2) the game itself doesn't loose the "feel" with them, at least for me. Like with having my sims get into a car and "travel" it a least feels as if they have. But with Sims 4 teleporting every place just dosen't do it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    For the ease of staff and also simmers, to ensue less arguments I’d suggest that if they were to bring out cars, bring back the basic selections such as the cheap old banged up one we had, cannot remember whether it was sims 2 or 3 but in one of them we had a small two door moving trash bin, slow and wobbly but adorable all the same and added to the story of being too poor to buy a decent vehicle. That, along with newer and better models that vary in price. Of course maybe don’t add the flashy sports cars till later, a Porsche is good enough for the wealthy locals and no offense but I never saw the point to a low expensive car, I mean stealing one was great because my sim went from rags to riches in an instant, sorry Agnis but your sister is a goth I’m sure she can loan you the money for a new one XD

Point being, bring back what our sims need in terms of a car, the car itself being obvious but in terms of design, start with old rust bucket, cheap four door and move on to family van and then a luxury car around 60k, also it gives us time to think about what other designs we’d like and pass feedback to the development team. I would like to see the addition of moving van maybe, or repo, truck for repairmen, cop cars, fire trucks, clown car for the tragic clown, limo if you’re high in the political career, basics. Also patch cars in, with all due respect it’s about time we stop paying for features that were already in the sims 3 and 2, to make us have to buy them back for sims 4 is cheeky as it is disrespectful to simmers wanting the most out of their game,
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Give Me back My Mustang's and My Jeep's and My Harley Davidson, and I will be a happy camper EA & Maxis, :oh do not forget My Hearse as well, I am partial to Purple and Black colors, so would be nice if those were added in for colors on the vehicles thanks, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top