Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Owning multiple homes

Comments

• Big_Boy_Bmw760LiBig_Boy_Bmw760Li Posts: 93 Member
    It's kind of absurd that something like this has not been on Sim's 4 yet. What gives? Tech limitations? ;)
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    would like to have my sims be landlords :(
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I really hope they bring this back. You should be able to own multiple homes and let sims rent them.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    edited November 2017
    Seriously, Now why isn't this a thing? All that hard earned money, nothing to spend it on but food, and the same old house stuff. Now we have coastal towns, and European towns. New Orleans, I love NOLA, but I'd like to get away on the weekends, or something. Or have my legacy's children branch off into other homes.

It's like nope, the fortune is with you, and only you. Either you all live together, or you cheat. Not that it matters in this cookie cutter, everything, and sim is the same either way, game. But I have pride, and a lot of uncheated money I've earned, I need more properties please. @SimGuruGraham
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    Seriously, Now why isn't this a thing? All that hard earned money, nothing to spend it on but food, and the same old house stuff. Now we have coastal towns, and European towns. New Orleans, I love NOLA, but I'd like to get away on the weekends, or something. Or have my legacy's children branch off into other homes.

It's like nope, the fortune is with you, and only you. Either you all live together, or you cheat. Not that it matters in this cookie cutter, everything, and sim is the same either way, game. But I have pride, and a lot of uncheated money I've earned, I need more properties please. @SimGuruGraham

Nevermind - no longer relevant.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes please, something I've wanted for a long time to return to TS4
    a256aFi.gif
    I think we need a lot more worlds and a lot more open lots before they can even consider that in Sims 4 though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I'm not all that interested in the landlord option, but I would like my sims to be able to own more than one home. It was Brindleton Bay that gave me the idea. I would love my main sim family to own a beach house in BB, but still keep their San Myshuno apartment. Then they could alternate between the beach and the city.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'd like the option to buy multiple homes and either keep them vacant to use as a second third forth etc home or rent them out for extra income. I'd love for my sims to become a landlord.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    I'm not all that interested in the landlord option, but I would like my sims to be able to own more than one home. It was Brindleton Bay that gave me the idea. I would love my main sim family to own a beach house in BB, but still keep their San Myshuno apartment. Then they could alternate between the beach and the city.

My thoughts exactly, especially with San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay. Makes me think of the wealthy people in East Coast cities and their homes in the Hamptons, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard etc. I want to replicate that same lifestyle in my game. An why shouldn't we, considering the tons of money easily made in TS4. We need something to spend it on. I hope this will be a feature before the development of TS4 ends.
  • AlexiaFernAlexiaFern Posts: 4 New Member
    > @FKM100 said:
    > I'm not all that interested in the landlord option, but I would like my sims to be able to own more than one home. It was Brindleton Bay that gave me the idea. I would love my main sim family to own a beach house in BB, but still keep their San Myshuno apartment. Then they could alternate between the beach and the city.

This is exactly what I was thinking about. I wish they could bring this option back to TS4. I wonder if the team actually think about it - or has seen this request from us. This is something I really wanted.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I'd love this if it was official too. I didn't know that about a generic lot. I normally build a second house on the same lot I live and pretend my sims are neighbors. lol
  • Clementine_TeaClementine_Tea Posts: 20 Member
    > @catitude5 said:
    > Just pretend that they do. Move them in and out.

This is actually what I would do, and it's easier.
    tumblr_n43w4pCOm11sf2cljo1_400.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    How it it easier? In doing what you’re suggesting, I’d have to pack every personalized object like sim created paintings, crafted objects, and photos into inventory every time they move. It would be one less thing to worry about if they could own more than one home and simply travel between them.
    These worlds are too small to give the number of households I play 2 homes. As it is - I don't have enough lots with them just having one home. They claim they can't go any bigger than they are now - so I don't suspect that we'll ever get to own 2.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    These worlds are too small to give the number of households I play 2 homes. As it is - I don't have enough lots with them just having one home. They claim they can't go any bigger than they are now - so I don't suspect that we'll ever get to own 2.

Exactly! If we're going to able to own multiple homes at any point in the future, we need A LOT more lots and even more spacious worlds for them.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member

I only play one household per save, so I have plenty of space for my sims have another house. Right now I buy a retail store and pretend that the store is my sims second house. I never open the store so customers don't come in.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member

Exactly! If we're going to able to own multiple homes at any point in the future, we need A LOT more lots and even more spacious worlds for them.

My experience is the opposite. Much as I would love to have more lots, because I like building, I found - rather to my surprise - that I already had more than the recommended limit of 200 "favorite" sims. And this is with several of my houses standing empty, as it is. This is because I tend to create rather large families - five sims is about average for me. And, of course, if I want to add a pet or two, this will also add to the population. Of course, I could always "un-favorite" some of my households, but I don't particularly want to do that. I had to do it when I found I was over the limit, but it required some really tough decisions. So, since there is little point in creating any more households, the only way in which I can occupy every one of my lots would be for some of my existing households to own more than one home.
  • h_o_l_l_yh_o_l_l_y Posts: 1 New Member
    I would also love this as I am playing cats and dogs and I want to have a seperate lot to make an animal shelter so my adopted strays can live in there so my basic small cottage won't be crowded with loads of animals.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Wow, I never thought of that possibility. It'd be awesome to have my rich sim own more then 1 lot of residential land. Wonder if it can be modded.. hummmm
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    The only way I've been able to do this is if I bought a lot as restaurants, but I don't place one of the required objects. So it counts as "general". You can visit/return the same way you go to business and you can still party, hangout, everything. You also can buy it as retails but all item will have "Set for Sell", or Vets but I prefer restaurants.

The catch :
    1. Usually sims won't leave the lot as soon as the event (parties,hangouts) ends.
    2. You need to have at least one controllable sim on the lot or you're going to travel a lot. (You can use send home/switch control to sim system)

Also IIRC you just have to pay the bills for your original lot.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
    FKM100 wrote: »

My experience is the opposite. Much as I would love to have more lots, because I like building, I found - rather to my surprise - that I already had more than the recommended limit of 200 "favorite" sims. And this is with several of my houses standing empty, as it is. This is because I tend to create rather large families - five sims is about average for me. And, of course, if I want to add a pet or two, this will also add to the population. Of course, I could always "un-favorite" some of my households, but I don't particularly want to do that. I had to do it when I found I was over the limit, but it required some really tough decisions. So, since there is little point in creating any more households, the only way in which I can occupy every one of my lots would be for some of my existing households to own more than one home.

Not me - I constantly run out of room. When C & D came out I had to start a brand new game as all my lots were filled to the brim - and didn't have any room to add things for the pets - so instead of just putting everything in BB - Started completely over with new sims.

I also do not remove the houses in the game or remove the Maxis Sims - I do fix up the houses that are empty and remodel them often inside - so basically I have just the empty lots and the empty houses to work with. I never allow the game to fill any houses either - I fill them eventually -

But I run out of room a lot.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LillianTheLlamaLillianTheLlama Posts: 7 New Member
    Yeah! And like,neighborhoods and going out and being able to do a welcoming party for your own neighbors,plus being able to own parks and etc.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You can build a second, vacation house in GF. You may have to "rent" it every time you go, but it still could be similar to owning a second house. When you go to GF, no one will be "renting" it instead of you and when you're not there, no one will be "renting" it because no one goes there until you do. Instead of paying for the house up front like other house lots, the rent could be considered making a house payment if you use your imagination.

This is what I do, it's their vacation home, but it would be good if we could actually buy it.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2019
    I would love to see that too. Its kinda possible if you own a business, restaurant or veterinary clinic since you technically own a lot. I usually build homes right next to the public places or something like little apartments or townhouses. After that is just locking the doors of the "house" zone