Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dating Pack!

Comments

• SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    This sounds like a really cool idea. Sims 4 is definitely lacking when it comes to romance. One of the things that I love about the Sims 2 and 3 is the fact that they include all these cute and little things. You can't even slow dance in the Sims 4. But yeah a romance pack would be really cool. I also agree with the people who said that Sims 4 could be the best if they added cute little interactions like from the previous games
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I was just thinking the same thing. I'm glad I came across your post! I was thinking what happened to the "Feed a bite" or "Steal a bite" options? Those were too cute! The turn ons and turn offs would be fantastic, including the options for memories! For example, if my sim was cheated on at 2:00 PM on Monday, then by 2:30 PM on Monday, if she sees her significant other's face, or he just looks at her wrong, I want her to remember why she's mad lol.

Anywho I'd love to have more romance or relationship building options. Hopefully one day they'll be in our game! :smile:
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    A dating pack is definitely in order. Aside from an attraction system, the number one thing that this game needs is the ability to have one-sided relationships.

It annoys me so much that romantic feelings in TS4 are always, always reciprocated and in equal measure. In other words, each Sim doesn't have an individual romantic (or even friendship) meter. They share their meters with whichever Sim is in question. If Sim A loves Sim B, Sim B, by nature of the programming, also loves Sim A. Sim C thinks Sim D is there bestest bud ever. Sim D automatically feels the same.

I know that some will dislike the use of this word, but I'm calling it as I see it: that is shoddy decision-making with subsequent shoddy programming. Heck, it's lazy and so fifteen years ago! It's time that romantic relationships became deeper and more nuanced in TS4. Or, at the very least, catch up with the games that were released years ago.

TS4 has so far to go and, in my opinion, will always come up short because previous games did so many things better on the simulation side. I buy these games for the simulation, the graphic fidelity is only going to go so far.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    @Cynna I agree! If we could have one sided relationships it would make the game so much more realistic and better in terms of storytelling
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I SOOOO agree. I was able to get my sim to flirt up another sim, ask him to be her boyfriend, then propose all in the course of ONE SIM DAY. Sure it's easy, but it's just not realistic at all. Sims 4 make dating feel so simple which is definitely not the case in real life especially to hopeless romantics like me LOL.

@MzB06 I agree with you as well. I feel like cheating needs to be improved on. I made my married sim cheat on her significant other and he was sad for a little bit but it barely affected their relationship which is just stupid. Cheating is something that alters a relationship forever and I just wish Sims 4 would go more in depth with that. And ahh yess I miss the turn on and turn offs from sims 2 :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing. I'm glad I came across your post! I was thinking what happened to the "Feed a bite" or "Steal a bite" options? Those were too cute! The turn ons and turn offs would be fantastic, including the options for memories! For example, if my sim was cheated on at 2:00 PM on Monday, then by 2:30 PM on Monday, if she sees her significant other's face, or he just looks at her wrong, I want her to remember why she's mad lol.

Anywho I'd love to have more romance or relationship building options. Hopefully one day they'll be in our game! :smile:

Sims can feed a bite if you have Dine Out but only on certain tables.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    One more idea...
    Maybe happy, married Sim (status "soulmates" - friendship and romance bars are full) could be less flirted to other Sims? It is natural, when we are in love, we do not want to flirt with others (or we are heartless hedonists sociopaths - just like my Sim, who started to flirt with the other Sim, during the date with his own wife!). He or she should refuse romantic interactions, or it must be much, much harder for player (for example - do you want to date with Bella? Ok, but you must try so, so hard! - or log in to her house and make a little fight with her husband).
    But when the couple have not very good relationship (after a fight with wife he meets in bar attractive girl and flirted with her a little... so natural), uncontrollable flirting could be ok, in my opinion.

This game will be perfect for me with:
    - good, simple attraction system
    - faithful marriage couples
    - more romantic interactions
    - deeper feelings (feeling of shame after betrayal for example)
    - angry not only with his or hers unfaithful mate, but also with the lover
    (My female Sim catch her own MOTHER, when she tried to flirt with the husband - her own son in law - the girl was angry with the husband even, when he refused the interaction, but not with the mother - seriously???)
    - no anger with the mate, who refused flirt
    - more romantic interactions.

I wish you all Merry Christmas! :)
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member

@catloverplayer Which tables are those? I knew I saw an option for that, but then I thought it disappeared or maybe I was seeing things. lol

@MzB06 You need booth seats. They have to be sitting right next to each other instead of directly across from each other in order to feed your date. Here's some pics: (sorry they're so big)

couplefood.png
    feeds.png
  • PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    This is totally seconded. Almost all of my created Sims exist to have romantic relationships of some kind, and I personally think the dating in general needs a serious overhaul.

Certain types of attraction, "clicking" when you both enjoy certain tasks, building relationships based on activities you share and do together like movies and games-- the sort of things that real people bond with. I'd love if there was an interaction like a romantic partner could read a book to another, or write them poetry or something. Deliver flowers and candy, have special "intimate" woo-hoo.

All of these things would greatly improve the game.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    If slow dancing and more romantic interactions were added, I’d be peachy. Along with a chemistry system/romance for our sims. I want a challenge. My sim shouldn’t attract every sim they incounter. It’s not very realistic. Plus i would love to have a sim that has turn off and turn ons. It makes things more fun. Especially to make a sim that’s attracted to grey haired highly employed sims for some drama. A sim that just has an attraction for elder sims. Would make a great gold digging storyline in my game. Also if i recall sims too could also be attracted to sims that smelled good and had make up. I’d love to have cologne or perfum added to the game hat sims can buy. Or like said before , a box of chocolates or flowers to give to their dates and spouses. I’d really love if we could just gift other sims in general which was a thing in sims 2. It definitely needs to be brought back in sims 4. I have a painter sim mother that i would love to gift paintings she’s made to her family members in remembrance of her when she passes...

@catloverplayer Which tables are those? I knew I saw an option for that, but then I thought it disappeared or maybe I was seeing things. lol

Booth Seats and Picnic Tables.
    This is totally seconded. Almost all of my created Sims exist to have romantic relationships of some kind, and I personally think the dating in general needs a serious overhaul.

Certain types of attraction, "clicking" when you both enjoy certain tasks, building relationships based on activities you share and do together like movies and games-- the sort of things that real people bond with. I'd love if there was an interaction like a romantic partner could read a book to another, or write them poetry or something. Deliver flowers and candy, have special "intimate" woo-hoo.

All of these things would greatly improve the game.

Speaking of woohoo I'd like a Woohoo Interaction like they had in TS1 maybe this could be the intimate woohoo and it could be only locked to the vibrating heart shaped bed if we ever get one.
    Well we'll soon know if the first GP of the year is a Romanced Based one. Quarterly Teaser will soon be happening.
  • IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    Things the pack should have (in my opinion):

- slow dancing
    - turn off/ons
    - matchmaking service!
    - surprise proposal
    - more wedding options!
    - beautiful wedding cakes!
    - cars so you can pick up your date.... when are we going to get cars?! <3
    - more wedding dresses (that come with a pack instead of cc! It's upsetting that new game packs cause my fav cc to become faulty!)
    - maybe a tinder-like phone app!!! ~ that might be funny!
    - They should also fix the cheers interaction at weddings to become more accessible
    - and they should add champagne and mimosas to the drinks!
    - bachelor/bachelorette parties
    - sims drop off roses/gifts after an amazing date!
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    I loved the sims 2 makeout sessions, it was more realistic and steamy.
    o5jNANX.gif
    Well we'll soon know if the first GP of the year is a Romanced Based one. Quarterly Teaser will soon be happening.

Well looks like no romance pack for the first quarter. It's looking like a WA Pack now.
  • flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE bring back slow dancing. I know this was already said so many times, but I'm definitely the sort of player that loves cheesy, romantic interactions that I can take cute pictures of and put on the wall in their house (especially with our new picture system!) How cute would it be to have your two Sims get married, and on their wedding day, take a picture of them slow dancing, and frame it on the wall above their bed?

I really loved that emotional depth that was so present in the previous Sims games, and it seems to be a little lackluster in TS4.
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    I really had my hopes up for a romance pack this quarter... was pretty disappointed with the WA game pack because I think there are so many more fundamental things missing from this game! More deep and meaningful romance / romantic reputation / turn ons and turn offs being the biggest for me! I wonder how long we’ll have to wait...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The game is definitely in need for bed and couch animations.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I know a lot of people want slow dancing and I do too but I really like if sims could dance together, in other dance styles too. It's so weird when you go to a Nightclub and the sims don't dance together. Like they can do a group dance where they do the same moves but not actually together, facing each other.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • TaktischeMPTaktischeMP Posts: 34 Member
    @CrownSims Oh my. The picture wasn't that big...but something in it was!
  • TaktischeMPTaktischeMP Posts: 34 Member
    It's funny, when I was younger playing Sims 2, I use to sometimes get annoyed that I had an extra step in CAS for turn ons/offs. Now I'm married and I see just how much Sims 4 couples behave like roommates. I use to think that about the children before I got Parenthood.
    edited January 2018

- maybe a tinder-like phone app!!! ~ that might be funny!

OMGGG A Sims dating app would be everything!!! I need to talk to EA right now lol
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    The last update brought something new in the above topic .. The facial expressions of our sims have been enriched. Not much. small changes, but ... wonderful bored faces and rolling eyes when the interviewer is uninteresting, curious facial expression and flash in the eye when a guy discovers a pretty girl and more such small details. For the first time in a long time I played for five hours and not just one.
    I did not know that I missed it so much.
    We really need more nice face mimics adapted to the current emotional state of the sims - what we have today is mostly the primitives of facial contortion - this is one of the cause lack of romance in the game.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ