Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @emere - very pretty cosy home! Lovely facade and the fenced in back yard is pretty great. Looks like there's lots of kids to play with in the neighborhood as well!

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you @Ainsleyf and @pronterus! Pronterus, you made my day, so happy you recognize some Filipino elements! That means I got some things right :) I really didn't want to mention any country because it's an imaginary build after all, but I was inspired by the Philippines :) ...and, miss seeing your builds.

@emere Love the soft blue and bricks throughout your house,pretty!
    Post edited by mannanna on
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    @mannanna Oh I just love your outdoor landscaping, the large rocks and plants all over look wonderful, very pretty :)

@emere Soo cute, feels so cozy and homely inside :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    Thank you @Ainsleyf and @pronterus! Pronterus, you made my day, so happy you recognize some Filipino elements! That means I got some things right :) I really didn't want to mention any country because it's an imaginary build after all, but I was inspired by the Philippines :) ...and, miss seeing your builds.

@emere Love the soft blue and bricks throughout your house,pretty!

Yeah, the cinder block and concrete facade really reminds me of some houses in some neighborhoods here. Now I got inspired to create a build. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Good morning all.

BNS#84 - Familia is now officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2018
    #BnS85 - Winter Designer Showdown

LINK TO UPDATED SHELL HAS BEEN POSTED

That’s right folks, it’s that time of year. Time for a Designer Showdown, no preamble, no budget, just you, a shell and some tight restrictions, let your creativity shine!!

Just one thing though, on the property itself, you will find these 4 items:

RUEZ2Yl.png

You will choose ONE of these items to use as your inspiration to decorate and furnish your house. In the end, when the judges look at your media, they should know which item you chose just by looking at the way you decorated and furnished. Please also include the object you chose somewhere in your house and be sure to have it in a screenshot (unless you choose the bear gnome from Outdoor Retreat and don’t yet have the Game Pack). You can delete the objects on the lot that you didn't choose as your inspiration and the wall piece used to hold the painting. You also cannot duplicate the item (use it more than once on the lot) that you do use as your inspiration.

You can DL the shell for this challenge here.

The Rules

You must build the lot on Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest

You MAY NOT
    Change any exterior/interior walls, all exterior interior walls must stay as they are
    You can add walls, fences and half walls inside the building, but the house must have at least 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms (the annexe, the area self-contained area to the right of the house, must have 1 bedroom and 1 full bath)
    Move any doors and/or windows, that’s right, all doors and windows must stay in the same place
    Repurpose any room that has furniture within it, all bathrooms and kitchens must stay where they are
    Add any basement to the build
    Add or extend any stairs
    Get rid of the chimney, it has to stay in place, you MAY change the style, but there has to be a chimney above the fireplace
    Change the roof shape, but you MAY change the texture and colour, the pitch, add trim, adjust the curvature, etc.

You MAY
    Change the style of any door or window, ie if a wall section of 2 tiles has 2 windows, you may change these windows for one 2 tile window
    Change the wall treatments internally and externally
    Change and/or remove any external fencing and or columns
    Change the fireplace to any two tile fireplace
    Add foundation to the exterior of the build
    Add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, or a carport (no garages), but they cannot be attached to the main house

You MUST
    Show us overheads of your build in your media presentation.

THERE IS NO BUDGET!
    The theme is completely up to you. It does not have to be Winter themed - your house should reflect your inspirational object
    You do not need any game packs to compete. The house was built with only base game elements.

Sim Challenge
    None this round.

Room Challenge
    None this round.

A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #85: Winter Designer Showdown

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on)
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the household can be found with on The Gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

ROOM ENTRY FORM[ (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Please use hashtag #BnS85 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.

The deadline for this challenge is 3rd January 2018

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited December 2017
    @BuildnShare Can we slide the house around on the lot? To create a bigger side yard or back yard, as opposed to the house being centered? And we can add additional doors and windows, just as long as what's there remains in place? I'm assuming so because right now sims can't get into the rest of the house from the entry way but that might have just been an oversight.
    edited December 2017
    @BuildnShare As well, hate to sound like a noob but when it comes to leaving kitchens and baths where they are, do that mean the existing plumbing and appliances must stay exactly where placed. Such as, the toilet can be changed style wise but must be fixed to the spot it's in OR can it be moved around the floor space so long as it's within the pre-defined room?
    I'm sounding like an idiot- ha ha but I'm double checking the "extending the stairs" mean that they CANNOT but made wider- correct? They can not go for one tile wide to three.
    edited December 2017
    @JasonAnthonySterling - ok, lemme answer those questions.

1.You cannot add additional doors or windows (oops, I missed a door!! I'm going to go back and re-upload)
    2. You can move the building around the lot
    3. Kitchens and bathrooms can be laid out however you choose, you can place stuff wherever you want
    4. You CANNOT make any stairs wider or narrower.

Heading back in game to re-upload with a door to the main house, apologies, will re-upload and change the DL link when done.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    The shell link has been updated, you can now enter the house!! Sorry about that.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Just popping in here to say I think everyone did a great job on the Rivera house! I enjoyed looking through the pictures. I have not been feeling too well so didn't get my house completed. I did make the sims but didn't get the media/pictures done for them so didn't enter.

G'luck to all!

Also this new challenge looks like a good one! I will try to work on it. Surely my cold will clear up soon and I can feel creative again. ;):D
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Now I got inspired to create a build. :)
    Awesome! @pronterus I will enjoy seeing it.

Thanks for a new challenge @BuildnShare and @JasonAnthonySterling for asking all the questions :smile:

• linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    I'm back! Finally got a laptop so I could upload by builds and participate again!!! Can't wait to DL my shell and get started!!
    I'm back!!!! Finally got a laptop to upload my builds so I can compete again. Can't wait to DL my shell!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare - Are we able to change a door to an archway frame instead? As an example, the little room in the front entrance hall...can I remove the door and add an arch?
    What they said ^ AND can decorative fireplaces be added that DO NOT have a chimney in places where none exsist? I call them decorative since the chimney is removed with MOO and it doesn't change your shell. It's common with my build style to have fireplaces in some of the bedrooms....
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@SerraNolwen @Ainsleyf @mannanna @Oliana thanks! I hope it looks realistic enough :| but if it looks cozy that make me feel good :#
    Apologies for the delay in answering, stupid time differences :tongue:
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - Are we able to change a door to an archway frame instead? As an example, the little room in the front entrance hall...can I remove the door and add an arch?
    @misscbong - yes, any door can be substituted for an arch, but it must be the same width.
    What they said ^ AND can decorative fireplaces be added that DO NOT have a chimney in places where none exsist? I call them decorative since the chimney is removed with MOO and it doesn't change your shell. It's common with my build style to have fireplaces in some of the bedrooms....

@linzlulubell - yes, you can add fireplaces wherever you want. And it's lovely to have you back!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • bmj97bmj97 Posts: 61 Member
    just to be sure, can we add more stairs to the deck outside? (keeping the originals as is ofc)
    edited December 2017
    bmj97 wrote: »
    just to be sure, can we add more stairs to the deck outside? (keeping the originals as is ofc)

@bmj97 - Nope, no more stairs on the existing shell, please.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    As an extra MUST have, you MUST show overheads of your build in your media. Have added this to the brief.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Can we change the wall height, to add the taller windows and doors or do you want it to stay the same height on each floor?
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

Pallystyle wrote: »
    Can we change the wall height, to add the taller windows and doors or do you want it to stay the same height on each floor?

Same wall height please @Pallystyle
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Ok so we can add walls on the inside of the house but can we add a door to one of those walls to say make the half bath that is required?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top