Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    I'm sorry I missed last month's! I actually DID the build and got to $44k and it was completely ready for SSes, and then the holidays hit and time ran away. :( I'll try to get them in before holiday rush hits this time!
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #197 - Familia

NAME: FidgetyAtom

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9164799

LINK TO MEDIA: http://mysimhouses.blogspot.com/2017/12/meadow-view.html

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate, I think lol

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 9 Sunsong ave. Sunset Valley - §38,088 (keeps going up and down for some reason, but this was it when I uploaded it.)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A family friendly home. Three bedroom, two bath. Open floor plan living space. Great outdoor space for kids and adults! Also, plenty of room to grow. All for just §38,100

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    I'm having fun with the new challenge!!

@BuildnShare THE NEW AND IMPROVED BUILD-N-SHARE ARCHIVES are AMAZING!! <3<3<3<3 I can't believe how much work you have put into that.

It makes me sad to think that photobucket >:) ruined so much and most of the pictures are no longer available but it is so much fun to look back at that challenges and see the entries and comments and who won which. KUDOS :)

@Kgaff - thanks, I'll admit it was a lot of work.......
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    Which reminds me, I meant to put a post up here to say

!!The TS3 archives are fully updated!!

You can find more details here. All past challenges are available with entry lists and previous winners.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @FidgetyAtom - Love that stone work, the gazebo, the landscaping, and the pretty dark wood! Very nice job and super price.

I think I built too many walls and made bigger rooms than I needed, but I saw a house I wanted to sim! Any way, my house is built and cost exactly 40k (using all free wallpapers and floors except for the baths and kitchen floors 'cause wood and water don't mix). I didn't have any extra for landscaping, so it's all going to be terrain paint (unless I sell a more expensive plant inside to buy a cheaper one. Then maybe I can get some cheap flowers outside.)

Now, I've moved in a couple sims to upgrade things and I'll CASt a little here and there as I play test.

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @ciane Thanks so much :)

I do that too, I just have to have a house that I see or something like that. Generally I can never afford it when I do that xD. Those terrain paints help tons! I'm sure your build is lovely and I can't wait to see it.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member

NAME: djsdragongirl (Leah)

LINK TO LOT:https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9164943

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153920084@N05/albums/72157663316281468

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: All 3 children & care-taker in a photo

LEVEL: beginner (heading to Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 21 Sweetwater Loop, Twinbrooks (When I uploaded the house it came out to $44,360.. I think because of the car & because "Into the Furture" spawned that time travel portal. But before that it was only $38,480)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Mateo is the eldest of the Rivera children, he is strong, a genius, neat, nuertering, family, workaholic. He has also been a leader of the family. During the earthquake he was at work and trying to make his way home. He was stuck in a collapsed building and no one was coming to find him. Kris Kringle found him under the rubble, cleaned him up and brought him home that night for Christmas. It was the best Christmas present Adrian & Sofia could ever ask for.

Sofia is the only daughter of the Rivera family. She is Neat, Great Cook, Nurtering, Family, Artistic. During the earthquake her parents put her and Adrian in a closet to keep them safe. Sofia has always looked after her little brother Adrian, made sure he did his homework, ate and other "motherly" things.

Adrian is the youngest of the Rivera children. He is Energentic, Adventurous, Neat. He clinges to his big sister Sofia and is really scared of what's going on. He misses his parents and their grandmother Abuela. Family has always been important to Adrian and now all that he has left is Sofia and Mateo. Who would take care of them now, who would be there to calm their fears.

During the big earthquake the family was seperated, Sofia & Adrian were put in the saferoom and Mateo was on his way home from work. Madre, Papa and Abuela were trying to find each other during the earthquake. Papa was already downstairs with the children when it hit, Madra was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Abuela was in her room resting. The house was destroyed, Sofia & Adrian were lucky to survive.

Mateo was trapped in a building not far from their home. The building had been searched but not well enough for them to find Mateo. He had fallen through the floor and was trapped. If it was not for Kris, Mateo may have not been found. Kris found Mateo in a small room that had kept him safe. Kris made a promise to bring Mateo home for Christmas and he was bound to keep that promise. On Christmas Eve Kris called to let Claudine know that he had found him and would have him there in the morning. The next morning when Sofia & Adrian came down stairs Mateo was sitting on the couch. Nothing made Sofia & Adrian more happier than to see their big brother sitting there waiting for them. Claudine knew what she had to do, she set out to make them a home that was safe and that they could be together. She promised to look after all 3 of them. Claudine Kringle was now the guardian of Mateo, Sofia and Adrian Rivera.

Their home is a 3 bdrm, 2 bath open concept living area. Side play yard for the kids.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    24966455418_1ac40567c2_n.jpgSofia Hot Dog Eating Contest

38838831291_0b02206296_n.jpgMateo, Sofia, Adrian & Claudine Kringle infront of their new home

23973663247_0974784d15_n.jpgSneak Peak of the house
    edited December 2017
    Love your story @djsdragongirl

By the way, I uploaded the house now: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9165423
    roof_up_original.jpg

I swear it was 40k exactly, but when I moved in some sims with little to no handy skills and checked the house price, it was was just a little over 38k. So, I did add the fire and burglar alarms and one more rug upstairs in the girl's room.

Price after depreciation of play testing and some upgrading is now around 35,500.

As always, there are more pics in the upload.

My inspiration pic from here:
    http://www.fakehousesrealawesome.com/post/161313786290/the-raske-25x25-lot-24059-23834-2-bd2-ba

tumblr_oqumypL1NR1s5nro3o1_1280.png

So, I used the same shape and even the same room layout downstairs. I just put in spiral stairs and redid the layout upstairs to place the bathroom where it was accessible to both rooms.

The original is adorable. I love it. But, with price constraints and no cc (or CFE) used, I came up with a totally different look.
    Post edited by ciane on
    edited December 2017
    ATTENTION BEGINNER ENTRANTS FOR #196 - THE THIRD SISTER: CARRIE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    ATTENTION INTERMIEDAITE ENTRANTS FOR #196 - THE THIRD SISTER: CARRIE

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR #196 - THE THIRD SISTER: CARRIE

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay, who is chopping onions in here?! That story made me cry... however, I now have the perfect house name picked out! Now, only if I could actually build within a budget :sweat_smile:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Yes - @Kesminlix, the budget is a tight one, but it's doable.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited December 2017

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT:

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157690624178115

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Included with the above album -- A little story is here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16215842/#Comment_16215842

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, Overlook Road in Lucky Palms(lot placed by me so no real address), 39,685

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I wanted to convey a southwestern adobe style for this house so it would have Spanish or Mexican feel. I also wanted a house that wasn't "square". I always loved the little courtyards with fountains that I have seen in New Mexico and just had to fit one in this house.
    The house has three bedrooms, two baths, a large eat-in kitchen and a large living area. Outside there is a yard big enough for kids to play, a covered patio and a small courtyard with a fountain.

The Rivera Family
    Mateo is a brave, family oriented young adult who loves hamburgers, his favorite color is purple. He has learned to be frugal and has taken classes in handiness. As you can see by looking at him he is quite charismatic.
    Sophia, even though she doesn't like doing homework, is a whiz on the computer. She loves the outdoors and all things yellow. She is glad to be part of a loving family again.
    Adrian loves all things to do with space. His also a whiz on the computer and some of his teachers have mentioned the word genius. He is an adventurous little guy and like to try new things.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a no CC no CAP no CFE

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    25006520518_ae0339b1cf_z.jpg
    Post edited by Kgaff on
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Kgaff Oh that's beautiful! We were definitely on the same wavelength for this challenge! Both the build and the family :)
    I just finished mine up last night but won't be able to post for a few days yet.

Love your fountain, and the architecture is (imho) superb for the family :)
    I have mine exactly how I want it but it's 41k, so now to figure out how to shave that down...
    Great Spanish style home @Kgaff! I originally thought to do one as well, but then I fell in love with other one.
    Your pics are all awesome. Mateo looks great with that beard/5 o'clock shadow.
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    @Kgaff I absolutely love it! I love how you did the house. So much details for such a low price. My only question is how did you make it so that only the kids are in the house? If Mateo is only 17 and not an adult, can he still be head of house?

:) Thanks guys! I had fun with this one. I actually wrote little story too but I'm not sure if I'll post it, I thought it would make my entry a bit long. I guess I could post it separately.

@Kgaff I absolutely love it! I love how you did the house. So much details for such a low price. My only question is how did you make it so that only the kids are in the house? If Mateo is only 17 and not an adult, can he still be head of house?

First I made Mateo, then I added Sophia and Adrian. At the end after you have accepted all of them you have to edit the relationships. The only one available was to make Mateo the parent, so I did that, but he is still a Young Adult in the game. I don't know if that was the right way but it worked for me in this instance.

I did it a bit different from @Kgaff and created a fourth Sim to be the adult and left Mateo as a teen, so there are multiple ways of getting there, just depends on how you want to approach it.
    @kgaff STORY! Do please post it!
    @kgaff STORY! Do please post it!

Here's the story, it's just a short one :)http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16215842/#Comment_16215842
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9167354

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154426422@N05/albums/72157691263401725

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 X 20; 178 Savannah Ln, Twinbrook; Final Cost: 40,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this house I wanted to build something solid so that in the future an earthquake would not be able to destroy it. To that effect I decided to build an earth sheltered home, its already in the ground so there is nothing to knock down, but I didn't want it to feel like a bunker or that those inside would be trapped, so I tried to open it up with bright colors and the window walls. I chose to move the play yard up onto the roof because the lot was small and when I mounded all the terrain there was not an inch left. This placement also provided a view that is amazing. I wanted this house to feel like someone had adopted the children and had melded their lives together, this is why I included the bunk beds and the roof garden. In the end I was going for something that was cozy, but formidable at the same time to give the kids a sense of safety, but also a freedom to move on with their lives knowing that their future is brighter then their past. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
    Great idea, well-executed! Love the terrain landscaping and layout!
    edited December 2017
    So - having a weird issue trying to squeeze into the budget. At somepoint in the build, free placement using alt stopped working. It works on last month's challenge save, and originally it worked on this one, but then just... stopped. I just checked and it works on other lots in this save. Just not the Rivera house. Any ideas on what's causing it / how to fix it? I really want to put this toilet back in the right spot >.< Actually... it's only certain things. Like the toilets, bathroom sinks, mirrors. Tub and shower are fine...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top