Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

I am really really bored. I reformatted my folder and on my external hard drive I found a bunch of old CC, so I mixed it all with my current CC to see how many duplicates I hate, then I am planning on going through it all and deleting some of it, then merging. As of right now, I have 12 GB of CC. I think I have a problem lol I might need a 12 step program for CC obsession. Please, someone, tell me you have more lol Tell me I am a CC lightweight...lol

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Honestly thought I didn't have much til I noticed just how much was in my CC folder. Cleared out some stuff that was not maxis match and stuff I honestly didn't use and I currently have 2.09 GB of CC being a little over a 1,000 files. :cold_sweat: I guess I am a lightweight I hear about people having well over 10,000 files alone for CC. IDEK how they manage that. D:

I like a lot of Maxis Match. Mostly more skin tones and makeup for sure with the rest being clothing and some hair.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    1.2 GB, 550~ files

almost all of it is for guys. I don't use much cc for females so I suppose that's why I haven't got much more
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    I have 3.87GB (538 files) of CC ...mostly just male CC (as TS4 seems to cater more to women, from what I've seen) and a good amount of poses, cause I love taking photos. :-P

I always use Sims 4 Studio to keep my file count low. ^^
    tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    I didn't even realise how much I had until now :D I have 3.68GB (1,717 files) my game is only semi broken lmao
    mJoj-3.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    1.72GB
    I was actually doing that earlier today, I just heard a lot of mods and cc I have broke.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > 1.72GB
    > I was actually doing that earlier today, I just heard a lot of mods and cc I have broke.

How many files? :P
    mJoj-3.gif

• NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    101 MB
    142 Files

:D

I don't have many files in there because I had to purge a while ago because of an update. I'm just too lazy to find the stuff again, plus I just don't really play the game that often so it's not worth the effort in my opinion. What is in there is just mods and a few CAS items.

I switched back to TS2, been playing that for a few months now. :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > 1.72GB
    > I was actually doing that earlier today, I just heard a lot of mods and cc I have broke.

How many files? :P

Well I have 8 folders each containing 13 to 500 files
    I'd estimate 700
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    1.2 GB, 550~ files

almost all of it is for guys. I don't use much cc for females so I suppose that's why I haven't got much more

I actually hoard CC stuff for guys. Especially when I never know when a link might end up dying from a blog and not showing up again. Like a variety for all genders in my game. Definitely got quite a bit of facial hair and body hair for the guys.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    CC?

None.
  • jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    I am hoping that when I purge and merge I will have less files. I didn't actually count the files. I need to.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited December 2017
    On a PC at least, if you right-click on your mods folder and select 'Properties' at the bottom of the drop down menu, a window pops up with the size of the folder and the number of files it holds. Don't try to count them yourself if you have 12gb! ;)

For example, at the moment mine says...

Size: 1.46 GB (1,569,795,630 bytes)
    Size on disk: 1.46 GB (1,571,774,464 bytes)
    Contains: 1,018 Files, 56 Folders
    tCTe03l.png
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    1.2 GB, 550~ files

We are exact opposites in the land of cc :joy:

My actual mod folder is:

Size: 1.57 GB (1,695,219,736 bytes)
    Size on disk: 1.58 GB (1,697,300,480 bytes)
    Contains: 1,013 Files, 2 Folders

My folders are for MCCC and a hair recolor with a heck ton of files :D
    I Also didn't know i had a million bytes in my mods folder.

Wait, how little is 1 byte of space?! :D:D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    3.44 GBs
    1833 files.

I have more bookmarked though, which I have yet to download.
    Alf-Si trees, I am coming for ya. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    5.32 GB (991 files), 2 GB of that is all the maxis hairs recolored, everything is mm cas cc.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    3767 files, 12.1 GB pre-merge After the Merge it went down to 11.1 and only 332 Files. I dont know how having less files makes it run faster, but it does. :D
  • xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    2.1 GB of CC for me, which is way smaller than my Mods folder for TS2 (9 GB) and TS3 (5 GB). I think I have a problem lol
    giphy.gif
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited December 2017
    Just checked and I've got mine down to 8.82 gigs with 2,256 files.

I haven't merged stuff yet. I might do that today.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    edited December 2017
    Only 219MB with 86 files! I probably had way more before I had to get rid everything, but I never checked. I only really download maxis match hair for females (of any age) :lol: Oh, plus BrittPinkieSims events and MCCC.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Not very big. Just a few essentials I feel are missing from the game.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    OMG I need to downgrade as well! I have 17.0 GB man oh man :( I need to learn how to merge content.
    MzB06 wrote: »
    OMG I need to downgrade as well! I have 17.0 GB man oh man :( I need to learn how to merge content.

Woah that's crazy! :O

I'm now at 6.78GB (3,468 files)
    mJoj-3.gif

• LantiLanti Posts: 36 Member
    I've got 8,34 GB and 4,659 files in 18 folders. Always hoarding, I'm a total CC addict, it's already hard keeping it organized lol. A while ago I started renaming the files (removing special characters) and putting them in separate folders. I've never tried merging, though, does it really make a difference? I'm afraid after the merge I'll have a hard time when I want to delete something, which I do all the time.
  • krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    I have 40gb
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    2.03 GB & 972 Files. It's a wide variety of stuff I should really do a purge soon since I just added C&D and my game is a bit clunky now (and there's a ton of stuff that I have that I probably will never use) but...I'm so lazy I probably will just play it until I get tired of the clunkiness and then remove everything except my Skin Details folder and MCCommand center and play that way until I get tired of playing Vanilla and start the whole cycle again because that is how I tend to do things.

Alternatively I could just get a better computer but...I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.
    ~ ~ ~