Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #84: Familia
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: The Cabrini
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Originally built on the Daisy Hovel plot
    BUILD COST: §48,000
    TOTAL COST: §50,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Cabrini
    ENTRY DETAILS: I would have done way more landscaping, but ran out of cash! As it stands, it has a cute backyard for kids to play in and plenty of space inside for everyone. The house is decorated and ready for Kris Kringle to visit!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I can't seem to get pics to work.

@FidgetyAtom - working through the entry list. Your lot is on the gallery at exactly $50,000, you would need to add the cost of your lot to this get the total cost of the build, this brings your total cost to $52,000, $2,000 over budget.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: SerraNolwen
    ORIGIN ID: SerraNolwen
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: link
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: 48 492
    TOTAL COST: 49 992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/dumuP
    ENTRY DETAILS: There are a few decorations set up for the holidays. I also included some Day of the Dead inspired items to remind them of their home. And... I ran out of money for decorations to put up on the walls. I guess they can put up drawings in their bedrooms. :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    9oInTGd.png
    7mx4AZG.png

@SerraNolwen - working through the entry list, your build is listed on the gallery at $48,422, not $48,492, looks like you have some simoleons to spare ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    FORUM ID: Oliana
    ORIGIN ID: jadeiam
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Bentley House
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Cottage Am See, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 48,445
    TOTAL COST: 49,945
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Bentley House
    ENTRY DETAILS: Wondering what 50k Simoleons will buy your Simling family these days? Well, quite a bit in fact! Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living, dining and kitchen, outdoor patio and great yard for the children to play.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

YM7yA4B.png
    qlLvAoZ.png
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @BuildnShare

Thank you for the last chance! I've edited the house, and the price is within range now.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @BuildnShare Strange. That's what I saw in the little info that in the upper left. Could it have changed because I play-tested the lot before uploading it?
    edited December 2017
    @BuildnShare

Thank you for the last chance! I've edited the house, and the price is within range now.

@FidgetyAtom - I Will update the entry list, thanks for letting us know.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    @BuildnShare Strange. That's what I saw in the little info that in the upper left. Could it have changed because I play-tested the lot before uploading it?

@SerraNolwen - We recommend using the gallery upload tool as the most reliable way of getting your lot cost, as this is what will actually be listed in the gallery. But yes, if you use the tool in the top left corner, it will change as you playtest your home due to depreciation.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited December 2017
    FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: http://bit.ly/RiveraModern
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Pique Hearth, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: $47,419
    TOTAL COST: $49,919
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/W5J92
    ENTRY DETAILS: Rivera Modern was created for @BuildnShare #BnS84 - Familia. Matteo, Adrian and Sofia were orphaned when a major earthquake hit their small village killing off their parents and even their grandparents. Matteo was at work at the time of the quake, so a jolly fellow, name of Kris Kringle, stepped in to locate the missing lad and reunited what was left of the family. This is the home I created for them. I wanted the home to feel luxurious, but homely, somewhere they could enjoy each other's company while growing as a family. The downstairs is mainly open plan, apart from the separate dining area. Upstairs, they each have their own space, decorated for their own personalities. Matteo, the head of the household, so his room is sensible, but has his own stamp (i.e. the skateboards and paintings he commissioned from Faith), Adrian's shows his love of sports and arts and crafts. Sofia's room has all her favourite things and a mirror where she can practice her speeches and dancing. The garden is low maintenance but has a variety of perfect veggies for the family to use. An easel and a punching bag complete the backyard space, giving Matteo diversity in how he chooses to wind down.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, but I have used #MOO,#SHO and #IGUE
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

[img][/img]TD2Lvau.jpg

WOfZn2W.jpg
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @xraygrl2004 - love the Western style front and the awesome easy-to-play layout!
    @serranolwen - Very cool outdoor and indoor play spaces! Cheerful and fun!!
    @agrippine_23 - wow! What a cheerful sweet house and so much character on the tight budget! Cool!
    @abelhinha35 - It's a stunner inside and out. Great job!!! Love that outside staircase on the side and the kitchen!
    @fidgetyatom - lovely country home! I'm especially fond of the attention to detail in your hallways! Cool!

If I've left anyone out, it's purely unintentional!!
    edited December 2017
    @faithofkaela - Very chic!!! Love that aloe vera fence and your splashes of color in the living and dining areas. Cool beans!!!

@oliana - looks awesome on that lot. Very cool house! And, so cozy on the inside as well!

Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @faithofkaela - Very chic!!! Love that aloe vera fence and your splashes of color in the living and dining areas. Cool beans!!!

@oliana - looks awesome on that lot. Very cool house! And, so cozy on the inside as well!

Thanks @Ainsleyf, yeah, the aloe fence was dreamt up to keep to the budget, I couldn't afford to landscape the lot :grin::grin::mrgreen:
    @Ainsleyf Thanks! It's quite simple but I'm glad you like it. :)
    Ok, now I have my entry up, I'm going to have a proper look through the rest of the entries.
    @StangMix2 - such a lovely traditional home, great roofing my dear!

@Mamajanaynay - Such a cute little pueblo, more awesome roofing, and the interiors are just darling!

@xraygrl2004 - Great architecture sweetie, and just loving that blue bathroom.

@FidgetyAtom - your interiors feel really calm and nurturing, love all the bedrooms!!

@abelhinha35 - another stunning creation honey, awesome architecture, and your interiors are so homey! Can't get over what you included for the budget.

@SerraNolwen - cute build! Love that curved deck out back, again, you included so much considering the budget!! Great job.

@Agrippine_23 - such a whimsical build! Love the roofing, and your interiors look awesome!

@Ainsleyf - such a cute little build, great job with the architecture, and the roofing is spot on. Wow, those interiors! Again, how on earth did you people get so much in your builds??

@Oliana - your three story townhouse looks perfect in that spot, and your interiors are so cosy and welcoming, you did a great job!

edited December 2017
    @FaithofKaela Thanks for taking the time to do this and for the kind comments! I felt like I didn't manage to include that much. XD

I love your build, by the way. The kids' rooms are super cute and I particularly like the dining area. The colors and all the windows make it look so nice and sunny!
    Thanks @SerraNolwen, I wanted this build to be more about the Sims than the building, from your comments, it sounds like it worked :smiley:
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Wow, so many cute entries! I kinda blew mine this time, I had to add a second bathroom which changed so many things. Got it done within budget though :)

FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LOT: My Bahay
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: $48,469
    TOTAL COST: $49,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I first read the story Mexico came to my mind ( very sad story btw ) but I didn't want to build a typical Mexican house so this became a mix of Honduras and Philippines - I think,lol. I wanted the house to look simple (poor) because that's how I imagined their new home and their new life to be.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!

qkVUW99.png
    RtwGPll.png

Hiya @mannanna!!! Outside of the house looks awesome..but I couldn't get into your slideshow using the link...

and thanks so much @faithofkaela!

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Sorry @Ainsleyf. I keep forgetting to change the album to public and when I test the link it works for me of course. Thank you for telling me, it should work now.
    @mannanna - wow, love it. It has some real character!!

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Everyone's build is so great! I love them all, idk how I would comment on each individually lol! Every time I look though I see tons of decor items that I really want. I don't have many game packs, so I'm missing a lot xD. Makes me want to buy the missing packs.

Good luck to everyone!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    Wow, so many cute entries! I kinda blew mine this time, I had to add a second bathroom which changed so many things. Got it done within budget though :)

FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LOT: My Bahay
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: $48,469
    TOTAL COST: $49,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I first read the story Mexico came to my mind ( very sad story btw ) but I didn't want to build a typical Mexican house so this became a mix of Honduras and Philippines - I think,lol. I wanted the house to look simple (poor) because that's how I imagined their new home and their new life to be.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!

qkVUW99.png
    RtwGPll.png

Very lovely home @mannanna ! I can see the Filipino elements you put into this home. And I like the name you picked for it :)Munti at simpleng bahay!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare I missed so many challenges (the Caravan one :'( ), but finally I got free time. I was touched by the story <3 Nice one!

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LOT: La Casita
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel at Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: $47,849
    TOTAL COST: $49,849
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fJQ0A
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built this house as a memorial of the last earthquake at Ciudad de México. I used blue and brown, earth and sky (air). The only way to feel safe from the earth is looking at the sky. I try to built something sweet, not stairs so you can run if you need to. I did not use red for the Xmas decor, I wanted a more peaceful atmosphere. The Xmas tree can be seen from all the corners. There is a pool and a chimney to gather all the elements in the house, like a symbol of balance. I choose bricks for a strong construction, but softened with the wood. I used flowers because there is no snow at Ciudad de México, and flowers are a cultural trait.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

T8wxJTG.png
    tIYXrkp.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I will find time later to see all the slideshows, so far the entries are great <3
    @emere La Casita is so cute! I love the muted colors you use with the exposed bricks. It all works together so nicely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top