Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever cried over something that happened in your game?

I have cried a few times but the thing that was the saddest for me was my Sim had her son taken away by the social worker and she was eating dinner one night and the little notice came up that said my Sims name and then her sons name are no longer best friends. I don't know why but that made me cry so hard.
So...anyone else ever cry over things that happened in your game?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    A few years back, I was playing a fairly large family. There was a mom, and dad, and they had 4 children, the youngest two was only an infant and a toddler. They had this one child who loved playing outside, and would refuse to go in when I would direct her to. I would get warnings about being a bad parent for allowing the child to get cold, even though I would do my best to get her to go inside. Then one day the social worker showed up and took away all the children, including the infant and toddler.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I had one that froze on top of the slide and I couldn't get him to move and I got the warning so I deleted him, saved, and went back in to reset him. That was really scary!
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The first time I had a pet death it hit me pretty hard. It was the first sim pet I tried playing, the Pleasants adopted him from the Pet Adoption Service. He was a cute little dog, I didn't realize he was an elder. I think it was around 5-8 sim days and the Grim Reaper showed up. :'( He'd been a happy little guy, MarySue spoiled him rotten. But still, I wasn't ready for it.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    The first time Grimmy came for a pet. I was actually sobbing. I still tear up each time a pet goes. The Sims? Nope! A cat or dog? I'm a soggy mess.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I cried when my favorite sim died of old age. He was the first active sim I've had to die of old age and the first sim I played from birth to death. I made a slideshow of his life using the song 7 Years and now I cry whenever that song plays on the radio.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    I wouldn't say I cried, but I was devastated. I was playing with Isla Paradiso and Mermaids for the first time. I was playing with my longtime single female, who fell in love with a Mermaid, the guy was absolutely perfect for her and they were so cute together, after their son was born, I had them move in together, and tried to cure him of his "Mermaidism" while as I now know.. if they don't continue to bathe in at least normal water, they completely die! So that's what happened. He came home from work one day and died. I was so upset and heartbroken because it ruined practically everything in my Sim's life. I tried to bring him back for a little while, before just remaking him and cheating with his relationship!

Thinking back on it now, anytime a Sim dies who you hadn't planned on dying, its devastating. There was another time in my game, a long time legacy family I was playing with. Their pregnant teenage daughter and her boyfriend were out looking at the stars together, when a meteor came out of no where and killed her! :'(:'(:'(

Another time, I was having a rehearsal dinner outside by candlelight the night before the wedding, and the same thing happened. Only it killed the Groom AND the Bride! :'(:'(:'( They weren't a longtime legacy, so it wasn't so terrible, I had just played with them since they were single and grew their relationship.

And then, its always really sad to see how that Sims death affects the other Sims.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited December 2016
    Another pet death here.
    Didn't have one die until TS2. When Grimmy held up the stick for the dog to play with then threw it in the air for him to jump up and catch, I had tears rolling out of my eyes. :'(

I've been sadistic and killed many a Sim, but pets get to me every time. Maybe that's why I don't play with pets as much...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited July 2017
    s_stutler wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I cried, but I was devastated. I was playing with Isla Paradiso and Mermaids for the first time. I was playing with my longtime single female, who fell in love with a Mermaid, the guy was absolutely perfect for her and they were so cute together, after their son was born, I had them move in together, and tried to cure him of his "Mermaidism" while as I now know.. if they don't continue to bathe in at least normal water, they completely die! So that's what happened. He came home from work one day and died. I was so upset and heartbroken because it ruined practically everything in my Sim's life. I tried to bring him back for a little while, before just remaking him and cheating with his relationship!

Thinking back on it now, anytime a Sim dies who you hadn't planned on dying, its devastating. There was another time in my game, a long time legacy family I was playing with. Their pregnant teenage daughter and her boyfriend were out looking at the stars together, when a meteor came out of no where and killed her! :'(:'(:'(

Another time, I was having a rehearsal dinner outside by candlelight the night before the wedding, and the same thing happened. Only it killed the Groom AND the Bride! :'(:'(:'( They weren't a longtime legacy, so it wasn't so terrible, I had just played with them since they were single and grew their relationship.

And then, its always really sad to see how that Sims death affects the other Sims.

There's a mod you can get on mod the sims to change the chance of meteors, if that helps. I don't have unintentional deaths with close sims often, but there were a few occasions:
    1. I was playing Nervous Subject in ts3. He was my favorite sim at the time. When he was a teen, he caught on fire and his mom went on a free vacation instead of putting him out. Luckily, a combination of Oh My Ghost and a genie fixed things.
    2. I was playing Frozen in ts3 and Elsa's vampire bf suddenly died. But that DID make a good ghost love story.
    3. Gunther Munch died when fixing a dishwasher. His pregnant wife and daughter were really upset, but again, ghost love story.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I cried when my favorite sim died of old age. He was the first active sim I've had to die of old age and the first sim I played from birth to death. I made a slideshow of his life using the song 7 Years and now I cry whenever that song plays on the radio.
    This is the only one that actually made me cry. His name was Caleb Singleton, son of Booker Singleton of Appaloosa Plains. He felt like a son to me and I loved him as though he was my son. I had him take an age freeze potion for storytelling purposes, then found that he would never die of old age. I didn't want him to live forever though, and I had to do something absolutely heartbreaking. I used Nraas to have him die of old age. It was worse than when 2 of my guinea pigs were put to sleep. My parents knew how I felt about Caleb and comforted me for several weeks after.
    Post edited by Simtown15 on
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Another pet death here.
    Didn't have one die until TS2. When Grimmy held up the stick for the dog to play with then threw it in the air for him to jump up and catch, I had tears rolling out of my eyes. :'(

I've been sadistic and killed many a Sim, but pets get to me every time. Maybe that's why I don't play with pets as much...

This. Sims dying don't bother me too much, I might sit there in shock for a few seconds (unless I purposefully killed the sim) but then I move on and keep playing (except when my sim self died of old age once, I had to quit the game for a little cause it was just too much lol).

If a pet dies, that's a different story. They're almost like real animals to me. Same thing with need distress. When an animal or toddler sim goes into need distress, I can't take it. Haha.
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited December 2017
    Uhh, yes. Comical story, kinda.

I first started playing TS1 when I was in the third grade. I didn't really understand how to play, and I made a family with twin girls. They lived on that lot with the funky coloured rooms and large pool. I had no idea that I had to take care of their needs, and after playing for a bit I had them go swimming late at night and one drowned. I was devastated and horrified and couldn't figure out why she died so suddenly.

I stopped playing for a while after that one. lmao
    Post edited by justdancerebecca on
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I've never cried.
    But I did get very sad when my laptop broke - and I lost my entire save file.
    I'm more of the blank staring while I figure things out, than the crying type.
    I've never cried.
    But I did get very sad when my laptop broke - and I lost my entire save file.

Same thing happened to me! At least I wasn't too attached yet.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The time I played TS2 and I was playing the Ramirez Family and the mom had just given birth to twins. Well there was this horrible thunderstorm and it struck one of their trees and the rain didn't put it out so I tried to get the parents to and I even tried to get the daughter to call the fire department. But Both parents died that day leaving behind their 3 kids and I stuck them with the Tinkers to raise them. Since they inherited the Ramirez Furniture Store. When Tessa was old enough they gave back the family business to her to continue the legacy of their family.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CreativeSimmerCreativeSimmer Posts: 156 Member
    no to short to post so i wrote this:hi
    Youtube-Creative Simmer
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    no to short to post so i wrote this:hi

smiles, Hi :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    @EA_Lanna Necro alert! Necro alert!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna Necro alert! Necro alert!

Why not? This topic is still relevant to anyone who wants to post about if they have ever cried about something in their game. They may never have cried until recently.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • doloresghazedoloresghaze Posts: 11 New Member
    i always cry my eyes out when a pet dies, idk why
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I have never cried from devastation about my sims (yet) but i cry if i get too frustrated. And that's happened before in sims :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    Yes after creating a sim which was perfect and then he died from laughing
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    This was years ago in Sims 1. I didn't play with cheats at the time. I didn't even know about cheats. I remember feeling so guilty and almost crying, after I moved one of my favorite couples from their modest house into a much better house. Not the big castle one, but the other one. The husband was a doctor, the wife was a lawyer, if memory serves. They couldn't afford furniture and ended up collapsing on the floor when they wanted to sleep. They suffered immensely, lol. I felt terrible and it was all my fault. After about a week of hardship, I ended up moving them back to their modest house. They lost money doing so, all because of me. It's funny now, but it was heartbreaking then - the things I put them through. Lol.
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    No... but I came very... very... close to crying. I let someone (a 10 year old) play my game so she could build a sim... she clicked new game to do so and I never thought much about it... I could not retrieve my original game back... luckily I saved most my builds in my library but I love so many things... bummer... and yeah... I tried the whole go into the documents folder and etc... but I never knew why... the game itself didn't just save it... still a mystery but... i'm over it... ps... this happened in the last couple months.
    285JXDb.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    i (Lost) so many builds... not... Love... lol
    285JXDb.jpg
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    I get a little teary eyed once my Sims family children grow up and move out.
    [
  • NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    I’ve almost cried few days ago, my little sweet Lana went out with her Vampire Boyfriend in a date, their first date and he died before he get inside the bar (It was the sun that killed him)

I mean which vampire would go out on a date while the sun is still up? Poor stupid Vlad

And he never called her again (As a ghost) i think this is him getting rid of her
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg