Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dating Pack!

Comments

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I would love if likes/dislikes or turn ons/off were added to the base game! I think it would be cool to have this back like in previous games. More romantic interactions would be so cute!
    YES. Likes and dislikes were everything in the sims 2. I would love to have them implemented in the sims 4. And it would honestly be great. Especially since we don’t have a color wheel now.. :neutral: a preference of being attracted to blondes or red heads or brunettes or grey. And then bright hair could be options. Being attracted to hard working sims or unemployed. Or even the stay at home moms or dads... it would just give us so many options to personalize our sims. A romance pack is very much needed. The sims 4 has so much opportunity to be one of the best sims games. I really hope the gurus take a look and see that chemistry systems, likes and dislikes, and more romance interactions and very much needed in this game...
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    I do not understand why Sim, who was cheated, is angry only at his mate? In The Sims 2 they were angry at both of them.
    And why he is so angry even when his mate rejected romantic interactions? That should be ok, in my opinion...
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm not someone who places great importance on dates and romantic relationships in TS4, yet even I think the game is a little lacking in that regard. There's so many places where sims can woohoo (some more ridiculous than others), but I've noticed couples don't even cuddle in bed anymore like they did in TS2. I was hoping Romantic Garden Stuff might add a few new animations, but as far as I know it only brought the Romantic Aura lot trait. So yes, please give sims more ways to express their love! I don't necessarily need it to be a separate pack that only focuses on romance, we're already spending enough money on features that should have been in the base game as it is, but maybe it could be combined with something else, like wedding stuff?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Yes please. I would like my Sims to take time through the dating process. Since there really isn't too much to do, I tend to marry them quicker than I want.

This would be the pack to take a look at adding some much needed stuff as listed by others on the thread like dancing(for the love of everything good in the world let them face each other when dancing together), honeymoons, getaways, sim relationships(in laws and such), turn on and offs (attraction system), the parties etc.

I would also like to add Mistresses\and the guy version and after a certain amount of time they might ask the sim to leave their spouse. You can choose to stay or go and your sim's answer may affect the relationship. Add the attempt to seduce interaction to the adults and make it more meaningful. Based on the attraction level will determine if a Sim is seduced easily or not. I need more drama..lol Maybe add a seductress trait

Bring back the surprise kiss from Sims 3 and add the table proposal from Sims 2 to dine out.

You mean the Heat Of The Moment Kiss right? Yes that was my favorite.

Yes that is what it was called...lol
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I'm more so irked there's STILL no sort of slow dancing with two sims. Like why?? I definitely feel like sims in relationships could have more depth to them. Surprised there was no 'throw drink' option when at the table at a restaurant or surprise proposal.

In TS3 we didn't get the Slowdance till Seasons came out.

Also something else missing is take a romantic picture together were two sims would kiss when they took the picture. I want that back so bad.

I really wish they would do something about pictures. I would love a list of poses the sims can do together to take pictures. I would also love to take family photos. I want to see three or more generations of Sims in a family portrait that I could hang on my Sim's wall.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    If they ever make a pack like this I really hope they check threads like these with the surveys we keep getting features no one ever asks for. Like with Find Love the feature they offer is "Meet your date on SimMatch" when players instead are begging for a deep attraction-turn on turn offs/dating system and ways to experience more expanded date game play with more romantic interactions (sims cant even kiss on the couch without getting up) and things like slow dancing.

I agree on an attraction system but I do want my Sims to meet their date on Sim Match.
    For me its pointless but if you want a special npc to spawn just so you can have a "SimMatch" that should be a side feature hardly even worth mentioning I'd rather have it Sims 2 style where you bring your Sim to a bar or wherever and scope the room.

OMG I loved scope the room.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm not someone who places great importance on dates and romantic relationships in TS4, yet even I think the game is a little lacking in that regard. There's so many places where sims can woohoo (some more ridiculous than others), but I've noticed couples don't even cuddle in bed anymore like they did in TS2. I was hoping Romantic Garden Stuff might add a few new animations, but as far as I know it only brought the Romantic Aura lot trait. So yes, please give sims more ways to express their love! I don't necessarily need it to be a separate pack that only focuses on romance, we're already spending enough money on features that should have been in the base game as it is, but maybe it could be combined with something else, like wedding stuff?

It did add one splash at the fountain when their sitting on the fountain. Movie stuff added cuddle while watching a movie but they just sit close.They don't wrap their arm around the other sim.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    These need to be added

Pics won't post I'll update later.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    edited December 2017
    Going to attempt to put images in here of what I think would be cute for dating, like dancing with each other, snuggling in bed, food fights, etc. I would love to see an online dating service or the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker again! I think whenever a sim invites their significant other over, it would be cute for them to come with a little surprise like a cupcake or roses every now and then :wink:

(Removed image: Keep it age appropriate please)

tumblr_mqo6ny5tJV1qe25e9o2_500.gif

800px_COLOURBOX4246843.jpg

Salsa-Dancing-Couple.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

206105bdeec31080ce027246cadae38e--s-party-party-time.jpg

11377942_869376723143781_1198642914_n.jpg

bistroproposal2wm.jpg

Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Sounds really cool! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • TokusaTokusa Posts: 3 New Member
    I DO miss the romance in sims 4. In TS3 and TS2 there were many interactions between in-love bots. Dancing together, hugging while sleeping, jelaous when your sims was cheating. Hatred because someone have stolen your husband. TS4 are pretty... Empty when it comes to the romance field. And it's pretty sad, because I'm always creating a lovey-dovey couple.
    And now I just can't, because it's simply impossible in TS4.
    I WOULD LOVE to have an dating pack ;_;
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited December 2017
    Why do we get bored quickly playing TS4. Because this game is empty, without all the little details that the earlier versions of this game had, the substitute of the human world and human feelings. We know that sims are only electronic files, but now in TS4 it is so clearly visible and playing with pixels is boring quickly.
    Now, instead of sims, it could be geometrical figures.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    kreatora wrote: »
    Why do we get bored quickly playing TS4. Because this game is empty, without all the little details that the earlier versions of this game had, the substitute of the human world and human feelings. We know that sims are only electronic files, but now in TS4 it is so clearly visible and playing with pixels is boring quickly.
    Now, instead of sims, it could be geometrical figures.

I agree. I do enjoy playing sims 4 though just because i love the style of the game and the simplicity of building that i couldn’t possibly go back to ts2 or ts3 now. But you are right the interactions is lacking between sims and definitely needs to be fixed! We need more interactions for romance and talking in general.
    TS4 is a good game. I like it a lot. I just hate it's price (I mean, which game will you buy for 1400euro? TS4 actually with allllll the DLC. Seriously, I'm not joking here), but still- I have them, I like them and I'm playing. I have my beloved family is TS4 and it's possible to play.
    It's just... Empty. Our sims have emotions, but NOTHING ELSE. I do miss that, bots in TS3 and TS2 actually had something personality-like.
    They need more interactions, they need "whad they like the most", like in TS3 and TS2, remember? Like, woah, sim with black hair is more attractive for my bot! Or he like's rock music the most! Something like that.
  • Anilewe89Anilewe89 Posts: 24 Member
    Slow dances, more romantic hugs and other interactions on beds and sofas, etc... - it would be nice to have that in TS4. Maybe EA can give us something for Valentines Day? :)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want the proper make out back like the Sims 2 on the couch and bed and standing up the Sims 4 took that out completely I was like um...what?
  • Alicja1957Alicja1957 Posts: 31 Member
    I miss the romance on Sims 4 - too. I am sad that Sims do not experience mourning after losing their loved ones, nor do they get furious when seeing their partner in the arms of another. They do not slap the unfaithful spouse, they do not despair after the breakup of the relationship. I would like to bring back the romantic dance in pairs, with hugs and kisses. And hugging in the restaurant during a date. And cuddling while sleeping - it was so cute!
  • GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    I too would love to see the romantic interactions of the previous games make a solid comeback for sims 4! We need more dating themed stuff!
    So scary: Aericia trying (again!) write in English. Shame!

Ok, one more thing: in TS2, when my Sim were in love, he dream about his or hers mate even, when the second one do not live at the same area (I hope you all know what I mean...). My Sim wants to "call his mate", "talk with her" or "ask her on date".
    In TS4... nothing. My Sim meet a girl in discotheque, they fall in love and then he come back home... And? Nothing! Not even a small wish! I was surprised and it was a very sad surprise... :(

A!

And my favorite! There is the interaction "ask about the other Sim" or something like that (sorry, I do not have English version). On the beginning, when I tested new possibilities of the game, I forced to break up my Sim and the girl from town. Then I ask this abandoned girl by other Sim, what she think now about her ex-mate (relationship status: it's complicated). And what she said? Something like "she do not know him but she can meet him"! Nice irony, girl, bravo! They could fix this interaction too, because now it's pointless in my opinion...
    Alicja1957 wrote: »
    I miss the romance on Sims 4 - too. I am sad that Sims do not experience mourning after losing their loved ones, nor do they get furious when seeing their partner in the arms of another. They do not slap the unfaithful spouse, they do not despair after the breakup of the relationship. I would like to bring back the romantic dance in pairs, with hugs and kisses. And hugging in the restaurant during a date. And cuddling while sleeping - it was so cute!
    My sims react to cheating and death if they are on the same lot. One of my sims just got divorced in front of the whole family and all the children and toddlers were sad.. but they only stay sad for a few sim hours. I wish it was more impactful. Especially if the sim children are very close to the mother and farther.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Alicja1957 wrote: »
    My sims react to cheating and death if they are on the same lot. One of my sims just got divorced in front of the whole family and all the children and toddlers were sad.. but they only stay sad for a few sim hours. I wish it was more impactful. Especially if the sim children are very close to the mother and farther.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    > @rekandtrs said:
    >
    > My sims react to cheating and death if they are on the same lot. One of my sims just got divorced in front of the whole family and all the children and toddlers were sad.. but they only stay sad for a few sim hours. I wish it was more impactful. Especially if the sim children are very close to the mother and farther.

But also... That's it. Only "emotions" that are with our sims for a few days/hours and. PUFF! There's nothing to see, you can go home now, people.
    BEcause, yeah, bot's don't remember that Sim X was his/her's girlfriend/boyfriend. That they were married or anything.
    YEa, sure, they were but... that's it. And it's also in every other relationship. Like in my famili, between brother and sister. I forced them to hate each other after they loved each other dearly and it was at first like they didin't knew one another.
    Like. What.

Sorry, I know my english is horrible, but I'm trying to explain it the best I can :(

I just miss relationships from TS3 and TS2, and it's pretty sad that I can't have HALF of those in TS4.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'd like them to add the sims 2 romance interactions and some new ones.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned in this post but I would love for them to introduce one sided relationships. One sim could consider them their best friend or soul mate etc whilst the other could be like meh I don't like you leave me alone haha. It could bring in new traits like clingy for adults around their friends and lovers which could have a negative impact on their relationship unless the other sim is also clingy.

They make the 'its complicated' relationship more in-depth. There could be an uncomfortable around annoying friend moodlet. They have a good relationship with them but prefer it in small doses. This could work by having complete opposite traits eg whoever has childshish or goofball is the one who might annoy the other unless they have similar traits.

Maybe this isn't all for a dating pack but cute little things like this could really improve the game.
    Sorry for my English, I will try my best.

I dream about one-side attraction system. Ok, so we have a Sim in CAS and we can add him some "turns ons". For each of them there are extra "attraction points".
    For example, he likes:
    - Hair - black + (for example 20 points)
    - Eyes - green + 20 points
    - traits - we can choose 2 traits + 30 points for each
    - skills (at least level 7) - 3 skills + 20 points for each
    (We can also add here main aspiration or body shape/ body type of course. This is only an example).

He don't like (turns off): some traits/looks/skills. It will remove points (like in TS2).

Extra attraction points from moodlet: negative moodlets will remove points, positive - some extra points (it's natural, when we are flirty, we can see more attractive people around!) ;)

Ok, so we have some points with the other Sim. Max level - 180 points - very strong chemistry, our Sim acting like "three bolts" from part Two. The game forced on him lots of friendly or romantic interactions on this attractive Sim.
    On the other side - negative chemistry will force rejection of any romantic interactions (not friendly, of course!).

And that can be one sided attraction. The other Sim (very attractive) can have completely different preferences. That could be fantastic! We can make lots of love stories, when one Sim is crazy about the other Sim, when the second one hates everything on him! We can make perfect, loving couples too!

Of course, we can, as players, change attraction level every time by CAS.

I think, that THIS will be answer for many problems with couples, who do not like each other very well.
    Tell me what do you think, guys? Maybe some guru will like to read this. Yes, I'm a hopeless dreamer right now, but yesterday I played TS2 and when I saw my perfect loving couple... what a shame, that we can't have something like this in TH4...

Best regards!
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Ive recently noticed that we dont really have a lot of dating or couple interactions in the game that is super impactful.
    I remember when i played the sims 2, dating was extremely entertaining and i do miss that with the sims 4. Now that parenthood has helped ALOT with family game play. I feel like a dating game pack would be awesome. A game pack that includes, meaning full dates where the sim leaves flowers on the door step like they did in sims 2 or even add the turn ons and turn offs. Those were always fun! Because just like in real life you could be attracted to someone doesn’t mean they will be attracted to you back. Which was such a great aspect in the game in sims 2. Nothing was more hilarious than when a sim had a crush and the crush did not like that sim back. Which was a real challenge.

Pretty much in sims 4 there’s no downside to crushes or romances because you can pretty much flirt with anyone and it’s fine, they will like you back.
    I dunno I’m just thinking of things that i really do miss that the sims 4 seems to be lacking in. What does everyone else think? I think a romance game pack would be awesome. Not so much a EP but a game pack would do. Especially if that is the soul focus of the GP. And remember slow dancing? And the interactions you can have with the sim while doing that action? So fun! I miss that. Or dinner table engagements? I’m a hopeless romantic at heart.

I really think romance would be great for a game pack. I like your ideas about the return of attraction system. I think bringing in likes/dislikes and having them tie into the dating process would be cool and add a layer of personality to each sim. Perhaps in CAS we should be able to give like 3 favorite things tied to interactions/objects and then 3 least favorite things from the same list. For example, you say that a sim's favorite thing is "coffee" and they tend to drink more coffee and if their house doesn't have a coffeemaker they get a negative moodlet here and there saying "I need myself a coffeemaker! I love coffee!" and then if they hate painting and you force them to paint they could break the fourth wall like Sims 2 did and look right at you and glare about being forced to paint. Anyway, I got off track from romance topic! I was going to say that they really need to bring back the ASK... menu and have different questions a date could ask just like in Sims 2 and interests could be one of those things. They could bring in a nuanced reputation system and the ability for others to notice if one is cheating. If a sim's friend notices their partner flirting with another sim they could get a moodlet that could last a while that read something like "Noticed friend's partner cheating!! Should I tell them or not?" and if you played that sim you could get option to inform of cheating. There could be so many things like this added to a reputation system. We need more systems in the game that require the sims to react and respond to the events going on around them! It would add so much to the game!!!

i actually do agree i think a much more fleshed out system like in sims 2 would be great for a game pack. like turn offs and turn ons and the attraction system and even bringing back the matchmaker i can totally see this working.