Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with graves and urns when you move house?

BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
I have a grave on my lot and I want to move my family to a bigger house but not sure what to do with the grave. Didn't know if you need to put it in your inventory or not.

Comments

• theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    put it in your inventory.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    put it in your inventory.

Thank you. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Move them to a Cemetery- the option in on the gravestone.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    One of the things I enjoy doing is create a cemetery in my custom city. Nice benches, sidewalks, trees, flowers, fountains, etc. I make the largest lot you can so I can create sections for the various founding families. One suggest that our @JULES1111 gave me is that when someone newly passes away, she uses the terrain feature to raise the ground where they are "buried". I haven't had anyone pass away yet but I'll be having seniors starting today so I need to get that cemetery done.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    One of the things I enjoy doing is create a cemetery in my custom city. Nice benches, sidewalks, trees, flowers, fountains, etc. I make the largest lot you can so I can create sections for the various founding families. One suggest that our @JULES1111 gave me is that when someone newly passes away, she uses the terrain feature to raise the ground where they are "buried". I haven't had anyone pass away yet but I'll be having seniors starting today so I need to get that cemetery done.

That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that.
    I love setting up cemeteries. I always have one in my neighborhoods- as rules allow, if I play challenges (which I mostly do now :cookie: ). :)

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    Put the grave stone in inventory and take to a community lot (you can start your own community graveyard) do not use the options on headstone to move, since that might not work in later EPs (it got bugged out a long time ago) but have your Sim walk to the spot then place grave on ground by your Sim. You can add objects to a graveyard lot so your Sims can visit and rest and visit graves. I used the podium so Sims could listen to a sermon, (Sims will sit down and listen to a speaker though it's not really about a funeral). And I placed coffins on the lot and an office so I could pretend to go pick out their coffin. Graveyard are a lot of fun. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I have a small graveyard in Newcrest with a fountain, some different sections and benches. I put the grave into a relative's inventory and then I have them go bury the sim, sometimes in a small group. I play a rotation so the burial happens when I get around to it. I don't particularly care about playing with ghosts so I don't typically keep graves or urns on a home lot. If I have a sim who is really inclined that way, they can try visiting out there at night.

My graveyard has different areas with different families. There are some random townies in there so if I need to make space, those will go. Despite being on a small lot, there is actually a lot of space. I also put tiny Newcrest Park next door and there's a spa and library nearby. It's kind of a quiet and reflective area.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Put the grave stone in inventory and take to a community lot (you can start your own community graveyard) do not use the options on headstone to move, since that might not work in later EPs (it got bugged out a long time ago) but have your Sim walk to the spot then place grave on ground by your Sim. You can add objects to a graveyard lot so your Sims can visit and rest and visit graves. I used the podium so Sims could listen to a sermon, (Sims will sit down and listen to a speaker though it's not really about a funeral). And I placed coffins on the lot and an office so I could pretend to go pick out their coffin. Graveyard are a lot of fun. :D

I've not had a problem with it... what is bugged out with moving them. :(
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »

I've not had a problem with it... what is bugged out with moving them. :(

Do you remember when it got bugged back in the day when you clicked on 'move' on the headstone (to a different lot) they did patch that ( I think Pets EP was the culprit IIRC) (Disappeared) but later it broke again with BV. I was told by a modder to never use move again since it wasn't perfect and may or may not work but to always take it to the lot I wanted to place it on then not to use 'run here' then place. I did test these things years ago and they were correct, it was still bugged after BV. Especially (50% chance it disappears) if you click run here then place headstone. Move somewhere remains risky, too. I can't stress enough the comp packs don't really contain all the patches. Like Double Deluxe, Fun With Pets, and Store Editions. And DD and FWP is what TS2UC uses. It's a risk to use 'move' to a different lot and or to run here before placing it by the Sim.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I had always use this "move to " option and didn't notice anything :/ So the safest way to put an urn in a cemetery is to travel with the urn in a sims inventory and click on the ground to place it ? I think there is a mod from maty ( here ) to help prevent troubles with the option. Any idea if it work good and make the option safe ?
    @Cinebar I don't remember but then again I don't remember a lot of the bugs. XD

I'll remember, thanks! :mrgreen:
    edited December 2017
    My memory isn't what it used to be but I remember that bug since it caused my graves to disappear after Pets and after BV, so yeah, some things stick in our minds when they affect us personally.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I never used the move option. I didn't even hear or know about any bugs with it. I just always took mine to the cemetery. :D

@lulubadwolf I have that mod, not so much for the move interaction, but sometimes I get angry ghosts that like to beat on their own tombstone. :D I don't want my game corrupted because of a ghost that got ticked off because I sold their bed. :joy: It is one of his highly recommended mods to help stop corruption, no idea if it works with the move interaction, but considering who made it I would say it works fine.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @JULES1111 Thank you ! I've just download it :)
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    I never used the move option. I didn't even hear or know about any bugs with it. I just always took mine to the cemetery. :D

@lulubadwolf I have that mod, not so much for the move interaction, but sometimes I get angry ghosts that like to beat on their own tombstone. :D I don't want my game corrupted because of a ghost that got ticked off because I sold their bed. :joy: It is one of his highly recommended mods to help stop corruption, no idea if it works with the move interaction, but considering who made it I would say it works fine.

You can click on a headstone to move it to a different lot. I advise don't ever do it. It remains buggy.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    JULES1111 wrote: »

You can click on a headstone to move it to a different lot. I advise don't ever do it. It remains buggy.

Dang, good thing I never use the option then. I always take them by hand when I do, it is kinda like a goodbye for the family.
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    I've used the move tombstone interaction and it seems to never keep the death type and all sims are treated as if they died of starvation. Other than that I noticed nothing strange.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2017
    I remember that I created a cemetery and put headstones in a sims' inventory and placed them on the lot... Only to come back again and see that they had disappeared when I left the lot!
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2083.0 and http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2368.0
    Make sure you have these mods nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath as they help with graves
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    So, moving the tombstones with the "move" interaction is a bad idea? I have been doing that for years and not had any issues. Well, one odd thing is that when I click the tombstone and choose "move" and it asks me where I want to move it, but then I get a message saying, " (name) has died on another lot and the spirit will return to the original lot" or something along those lines. I do have a NH cemetery I made and all the tombstones do end up there after saving my lot. Then again, my game has some pretty odd issues.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    So, moving the tombstones with the "move" interaction is a bad idea? I have been doing that for years and not had any issues. Well, one odd thing is that when I click the tombstone and choose "move" and it asks me where I want to move it, but then I get a message saying, " (name) has died on another lot and the spirit will return to the original lot" or something along those lines. I do have a NH cemetery I made and all the tombstones do end up there after saving my lot. Then again, my game has some pretty odd issues.

If you are getting a message about (name) has died on another lot, I would be very wary of using that interaction. It's the same error message that turns up when you misuse the Tombstone of life and death to give a sim a death token or resurrect a sim who has one.

What are the "pretty odd issues," if I may ask? I can tell you if they're early signs of corruption.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I saw a Let's Play recently and it looks like there is a cemetery in one of the Sub-hoods, goth gardens or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone knows if I could use that?

I am thinking I might need to move the Dreamers, as Darren's new wife just had a baby, so the house is too small now, and I was concerned about his 1st wife's grave in the back yard.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    sunblond wrote: »
    I saw a Let's Play recently and it looks like there is a cemetery in one of the Sub-hoods, goth gardens or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone knows if I could use that?

I am thinking I might need to move the Dreamers, as Darren's new wife just had a baby, so the house is too small now, and I was concerned about his 1st wife's grave in the back yard.

Yes you can use it. It is called Gothier Green Lawns, and is located in the downtown subhood.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > greenbean71 wrote: »
    >
    > So, moving the tombstones with the "move" interaction is a bad idea? I have been doing that for years and not had any issues. Well, one odd thing is that when I click the tombstone and choose "move" and it asks me where I want to move it, but then I get a message saying, " (name) has died on another lot and the spirit will return to the original lot" or something along those lines. I do have a NH cemetery I made and all the tombstones do end up there after saving my lot. Then again, my game has some pretty odd issues.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you are getting a message about (name) has died on another lot, I would be very wary of using that interaction. It's the same error message that turns up when you misuse the Tombstone of life and death to give a sim a death token or resurrect a sim who has one.
    >
    > What are the "pretty odd issues," if I may ask? I can tell you if they're early signs of corruption.

Thanks for the reply. I have lots of issues in my game, but I don't think they are related to the tombstones. I won't go into all of them, and I could probably start an entire thread on them, but it is mostly things like, Sims refusing to feed themselves unless the hunger need hits rock bottom and I have to direct them to the fridge, constant romantic interactions usually the same ones over and over even if their one or more of their needs is at rock bottom. I have actually had a Sim starve to death because she wanted to "serenade" her hubby. Another one is lets say Sim A has full attraction to Sim B, and Sim B is married to another Sim, Sim A will constantly follow Sim B around, like will walk all the way across the house just to sit in a chair next to Sim B, will view a picture over and over near Sim B, and will follow Sim B around like a lost puppy and Sim A will let their needs drop pretty low before I have to take over.

This happens on all my home lots regardless of how long that family has lived there even through several generations. I only play one custom NH. I am pretty sure this will happen in each NH.