Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 fans prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've accepted them for what they are which makes me not enjoy playing them all. I think when you don't accept them as their own is when people keep playing them to find their fun in them. If you like them all then that is different. I've never liked all games and it's why I don't play all games.

I do miss a few and wish they would have been updated and brought forward- without the Over Realistic game styles there are now. I had more enjoyment in cartoonish style games in the early years then I did when most trying to go more modern. It's one reason I was sad to not like the blurry/fuzziness of TS4. -and it's over done goofiness. :Lol:

• WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    For me it would be
    2 > 1 > 3
    Had no interest in trying 4.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    To be honest, I'd have to say right now I prefer Sims4 over Sims3. I always had a love/hate relationship with Sims3, it downgraded so much from Sims2. The babies were burritos. The toddlers just as un-exciting, dumbed down to a nuisance, as they were. The only way you could even mimic game play with these two life stages, was to spend the money on the Nursery Suite from the Store — and even that left things to be desired. The toddlers in Sims 4 are far superior, even from those in Sims2. All the Sims below YA have been improved with the advent of Parenthood.

Sims2 is still a great game. It's complete and has a wonderful and truly funny quirkiness, unrivaled, thus far in any other iteration of the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I played Sims 2 throughout it's release and well beyond it was a wonderful follow up to Sims 1 for me. I didn't enjoy Sims 3 at all when I attempted to play it. Now I love sims 4. I'd play 2 again if it worked on my computer now without going to too much trouble to make it work just for the nostalgia of it at this point. I also want some parts we don't have in the Sims 4 series yet that make me want to crank it up now and then especially for University and to a slightly lesser degree Seasons. I'd also like to look at the Supernaturals/Aliens through new eyes since I didn't enjoy playing any of that during the release of Sims 2 but do enjoy where they are taking them in the current iteration.
    My order since it seems to be a thing here.. Sims 4, Sims 2, Sims 1.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    I love sims 2 and have the complete game, I also have sims 3 and 4 base games with a couple of expansions. I would probably say I preferred sims 3 over 4 at the moment but as I don't have the complete game and sims 4 isn't complete yet its hard to say.

Was wondering which game other simmers prefer.

Now this is a hard question. You see, I love Sims 3 a lot more than 4. However, 4 feels a lot more like a direct sequel compared to Sims 3. Mainly because Sims 3 was way too ahead of its time, looking at the optimization job of 3....Lol. Only thing that keeps 4 from being my all time Sims 2 follow up is because of the lack of content.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    My first ever game that I owned was the sims 2 pet stories. I also bought castaway (and the sims 1 without knowing it was ts1) I had them in my old pc and basically spent 10 years playing them in that pc and then the pc couldn't handle them anymore cuz it always crashed. I preferred castaway out of the two cuz u had elders in it, different hairstyles per outfit etc. I had to spend half a year without a pc and during that time I started watching sims 3 videos in yt and basically knew I had to get it for my new pc. Basically fell in love and ventured into the world of cc and mods. But even my pc wasn't so strong to handle it without lagging so I don't play as much as I do and am saving up for a new pc desinged specifically to handle strong games. As per now I got the sims 2 UC this year, fixed the graphics and all that, but since the new update my game keeps crashing so still figuring that out.

So my fave one is ts3 because of the open world, look of the sims and aging in every household. Second comes ts2, it made my childhood lots of fun and now that I have UC I'm spending lots of time in it.Third is ts1, I also spent quite some time playing it. As for ts4 I tried the 48h trial and I didn't enjoy it quite that much. The lack of lots in a world is what I mostly hated. I might get it once I complete my sims 3 collection but that will have to wait.

Also as I saw here some people dont have ts2 but like/want it try chatting with ea advisors. It will work. I got mine this year as I said, and the first one blew me off right away, but the second one checked my acc, saw I was a sims lover by my hours played. He did ask for a disc pic but it was broken and thrown away and I still got it so don't lose hope and give it a try. You can't imagine how happy I was to get ts2 back.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Sims 4 is my favourite, though I'll admit it's flawed and more often that not new content is being released unfinished and full of bugs. And yes, it lacks content in certain areas (I would like more traits, more jobs etc) but I love the emotions system even though it could use a little tweaking and I love how easy to use CAS/CAP and build mode are now. As a family player, the toddlers are my favourite from all the games so far and are genuinely fun to play with and teach (although of course, like everyone else, I agree they should've just been in base game but hey, we have them now at least). Also I think it's the prettiest game by far. I know that doesn't matter to some people but it sure is a bonus to me.

Sims 2 would be second favourite. It lacks some things (like traits, emotions, many skills) but does really well in others (like careers to choose from and having control over your neighbourhoods and world building). Family play isn't quite as fun as sims 4 simply because it's so difficult to stop everyone dying/being taken by the social worker, particularly in large families. However, it is more fun to see families over generations because of the awesome genetics system and it's awesome that sometimes babies will have different colourings to their parents because of recessive genes and whatnot (compared to sims 4 in which they always have the colour of one of the parents, and sims 3 in which it was that or a totally random one). However that being said, it does lack variety in the sense that there's only 4 skin tones, 4 hair colours, 5 eye colours and 2 (3 if you include what you can achieve via gameplay) fit/average/fat states, "fit" and "fat" not even being that fit or fat. I find I have to use CC because asides from the fact I don't find the Maxis skin/hair/eyes appealing at all, I also want more variety for them.

Sims 3 comes in third. There's plenty to do and the idea of having an open world and no loading screens is awesome, but not at the expense of control over the neighbourhood. I like to control all my sims and play rotationally, something which even with a heavily modded game is near impossible with TS3. As I've mentioned before, I'm a family player, and I like to play all the kids when they move out too. In sims 3 of course this means that I have to keep everyone living together in one household and can never play more than 8 sims at a time. Raising the kids isn't that fun either, I hate that it's a requirement to teach toddler skills and get good grades in order to get a choice of traits and it quickly feels like a chore to do that. TS3 is also very difficult to run just because it's such a big game. I had to upgrade my computer in order to play it and it still takes forever to load. Also, in my experience TS3 was the buggiest game by far. I swear I couldn't get past a generation or two without my save file blowing up, or some glitch that was just too annoying to deal with (almost every save I deleted was because a horse ended up trapped indoors). I don't think the sims are very visually appealing either, and when my sims did have kids it felt like they always looked the same. TS3 I'm sure is amazing to those who love the open world and play single households, it's not that it's a bad game, it just doesn't suit my playstyle.

Aaannnddd I never played sims 1, so can't comment on that :tongue:
  • BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    I miss all the wants and fears and the fact that they could have memories in The Sims 2. I wish they could have transferred that over to The Sims 4 and it would have been an epic game. I didn't really like The Sims 3, the graphics were weird and maybe I had the settings wrong but everything felt dark. But I did like the open world though I'm fine without it.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    TS2 has emotions- just not plastered on their thumbnails and over done to such exaggeration as TS4.

I agree. Sims 2 emotions are really powerful at times. Even sims 1 sims show emotion.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    I played TS4 off and on for three years, and I did find some enjoyment in it and a lot more with toddlers, vampires, and restaurants.

And I did enjoy building highwalled (different heights) Victorian homes etc. But I left the game this past Aug. for good. And now when I look at pictures of TS4, compared to my textures in TS2, and though there are some new things in TS4 none of the other games but TS3 have (bring Sim here etc. which for TS2 players would be fun, like also leave a Sim at a community lot and go somewhere else (family) without them etc. like a partial open world can do, and visit neighbors etc., I don't think I can go back to the lack of textures, detail, and gameplay.

It has a lot of good ideas for a partial open world that I found helpful but gameplay like traits influence, emotions are actually just over exaggerated face animations and not really feeling it, I found TS3 Sims have a deeper look in their faces like they are thinking (and it's not a nice thought) than TS2 Sims but TS2's game play and textures, if you have a good card, really draw me in, i like how many threads are in a coat. lol

I don't think I can go back to the graphics and art style of TS4 ever again. I uninstalled it since it has so many bugs, and you know you have to love a game a whole lot to put up with repairing and fixing your game often so TS2 won out again as it has since the day of release of TS3> they all have bugs etc. but maintaing the game takes a lot of effort and time in all of them, so you have to love a game to go to all that trouble...so TS2 wins over the other two.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited December 2017
    Yes, you have to love a game to go through years of fixing it up when you find a Better way.

Yesterday I got my Christmas present and it's a new monitor.... I can see so much! I had to open CAW and build some just to see it on a screen even if* it's only a few more inches bigger. :Squee!: I'm playing both TS3 and TS2. I enjoy building in CAW more than building lots.... but I enjoy playing TS2. :)

*corrected spelling
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My first ever game that I owned was the sims 2 pet stories. I also bought castaway (and the sims 1 without knowing it was ts1) I had them in my old pc and basically spent 10 years playing them in that pc and then the pc couldn't handle them anymore cuz it always crashed. I preferred castaway out of the two cuz u had elders in it, different hairstyles per outfit etc. I had to spend half a year without a pc and during that time I started watching sims 3 videos in yt and basically knew I had to get it for my new pc. Basically fell in love and ventured into the world of cc and mods. But even my pc wasn't so strong to handle it without lagging so I don't play as much as I do and am saving up for a new pc desinged specifically to handle strong games. As per now I got the sims 2 UC this year, fixed the graphics and all that, but since the new update my game keeps crashing so still figuring that out.

So my fave one is ts3 because of the open world, look of the sims and aging in every household. Second comes ts2, it made my childhood lots of fun and now that I have UC I'm spending lots of time in it.Third is ts1, I also spent quite some time playing it. As for ts4 I tried the 48h trial and I didn't enjoy it quite that much. The lack of lots in a world is what I mostly hated. I might get it once I complete my sims 3 collection but that will have to wait.

Also as I saw here some people dont have ts2 but like/want it try chatting with ea advisors. It will work. I got mine this year as I said, and the first one blew me off right away, but the second one checked my acc, saw I was a sims lover by my hours played. He did ask for a disc pic but it was broken and thrown away and I still got it so don't lose hope and give it a try. You can't imagine how happy I was to get ts2 back.

If you mean the latest update from Origin, you have to redo all the changes you made before, graphics, texture ect. The update reverted everything back.

Rflong7 wrote: »
    TS2 has emotions- just not plastered on their thumbnails and over done to such exaggeration as TS4.

I agree with this, my Sims in 2 are very emotional. They show it all the time. It isn't over the top or written on the screen, but they are most certainly there.
    @JULES1111

Yea ik, but there was a thread for all types of graphic cards and a file for the specific graphic card, and this time round in the pc-config-log in logs in the graphics info part where it's name(database) there is a big glaring bold writing like saying "DATABASE NOT FOUND", so...

And I have a nvidia gforce 930m graphic card on a windows 8. Issue after issue keeps finding me in all the sims games. And apparently there is a cc limit so I hope merging it with SimPE will let me keep more files and yea. Imma refix the log if I can find it anywhere on the net and then figure out if it's the cc amount that's crashing my game. It crashes five minutes into one household. I've only played with that one household so im gonna check stuff out ingame before I go bad cc hunting. Is there anything that scans ur cc and finds the bad files?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just quite frustrating, cuz the sims is my fave franchise and not being able to play neither (ts3 cuz of the lag and ts2 now cuz of the crash) is the worst thing ever.
    @JULES1111

Yea ik, but there was a thread for all types of graphic cards and a file for the specific graphic card, and this time round in the pc-config-log in logs in the graphics info part where it's name(database) there is a big glaring bold writing like saying "DATABASE NOT FOUND", so...

And I have a nvidia gforce 930m graphic card on a windows 8. Issue after issue keeps finding me in all the sims games. And apparently there is a cc limit so I hope merging it with SimPE will let me keep more files and yea. Imma refix the log if I can find it anywhere on the net and then figure out if it's the cc amount that's crashing my game. It crashes five minutes into one household. I've only played with that one household so im gonna check stuff out ingame before I go bad cc hunting. Is there anything that scans ur cc and finds the bad files?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just quite frustrating, cuz the sims is my fave franchise and not being able to play neither (ts3 cuz of the lag and ts2 now cuz of the crash) is the worst thing ever.

The files in your Log folder in Documents isn't where you put the graphic files if you want the game to recognize it- The log folder is the log of what your game is reading- the game doesn't recognize your graphics card because you didn't update the Game files in the C: drive.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @JULES1111

How much CC do you have? I have never heard of anyone reaching a limit, there really isn't one except for how much CC your pc can handle. Merging CC in Sims 2 is not good, you can do it in 3, but I have heard a lot of modders say they do not recomend merging Sims 2 files.

These are instructions for fixing your graphic rules and video card files by hand. http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212

My suggestion is to rename your whole Sims 2 file something else, start the game and let it generate a new one. Try to see if it crashes when you launch and play the game. If it doesn't then it is something in your files that is causing the crash. If it still crashes, then it is something in either the video card or graphic rules files that needs to be changed.

Once you figure out what it is and get it fixed, you can just copy your neighborhood, downloads, and any other important files you have over to the new game, and continue playing.
    I have 11k cc but not big in size (4 GB total I think). Mostly hairs and meshes. God knows why it's crashing. I'm gonna upfate the graphic card and video card files from the link u gave me (which thank you, my bumb self will be sure to bookmark them this time XD). And as for the crashing I'm gonna first see if it's something in that fam that's like "nope". Imma try and play a ingame fam in the same neighbourhood and if that also crashes try another neighbourhood and if another neighbourhoood crashes then god knows what the problem might be. Ik that my pc can handle ts2 cuz I had a very weak pc and I could play for to hours or more and this one is a big upgrade from my last PC, and I did update the game in the C: program files part.

I just restored my pc 2 days ago cuz it turned off during a update and I didn't want anything funky going on (which it did, cuz I was getting stupid errors for missing files, which I had, but redownloaing the apps worked. So even if I redownload ts2 I have a copy of all pc). And there's also a wierd thing I noticed qfter the restoring. Before restoring I had downloaded a pack cleaner installer for sims2packs, and put some stuff in thru it. Funny enough the installer was gone and the things I had put ingame thru it were ingame...

But you know, I've faced wveey problem there is in ts3 from game not opening to loading screens not loading fully to getting stuck in a corrupted fam and so on so I'm hoping I'll be able to fix ts2

As for the cc limit there is a whole disscusion here in tge forums about cc limit, and yea it's all that how much gb of cc u have and what specs and amount and if the game crashes ( and in there I found the NOT FOUND IN DATABASE 'solution'??. I'm not quite in the mood to fix ts2 rn but school's out in a week so that gives me plenty od time for everything and yea. Thanks a lot for the help! I think I've found sims 2 go to people for problems (as igazor for ts3). Fingers crossed my little knowldge will help me out >~<
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    It is never actually the amount of cc you have but how high the polys you have. But general rule, never install more cc than you have RAM. I have 12GB of cc, and it's not the cc but the polys and how much of high polys I put on a lot to be seen and rendered every time I'm on that lot or playing that Sim. High poly hair can tax your machine. Always try to download from someone who tells you in description how high is the poly count, the face count etc. It's up to you if you want to risk playing with really high poly content. But usually it is never high poly content crashing a game but something conflicting and not setting up the Graphic Rule Maker Config file (now necessary to work properly in 7,8 and 10), that is the real problem. And a bad driver or newer driver isn't always the answer, either.

In my case going back to an older driver released last year, stopped any crashing and other problems and removing a few mods I didn't know where downloaded (hidden from me) even though I did use SimPK Clean Installer, but getting rid of those once discovered (scan your downloads folder) cleared up everything.

ETA: Low end or middle grade machines shouldn't really try to display a 50,000 high poly hairstyle but maybe find something with less polys you like. The game has to render that everytime you see that Sim...think on it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    i only download hair from amidalasims so idk how much polys they have cuz it's not in the description.
    ok, i now know how to count polys after a quick search. So till how much polys is a hair considered not full of them?
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I haven't played TS1 since I was a teenager, but I still play 2, 3, and Medieval.

I own 4 and a couple EPS; I play for an hour or 2, maybe once or twice a year, but that's it. I can't get into it. It's shallow, it's boring; it's basically a mobile game that was ported to PC because money.

EA doesn't understand that their fanbase has evolved. The TS1 and 2 fans, who have supported the franchise since forever, are now adults, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd LOVE to see a mature, well-thought-out Sims game with more realistic approaches to relationships, death, etc. Sims 2 and 3 both came close, but missed the mark, and Medieval... It was, and is, my favourite installment, and I would KILL for it to have gotten the full Sims treatment.

I get that they're trying to attract new fans, but there has to be a way to do that without completely alienating the rest of us.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Sims 2
    The Castaways
    Sims 3
    Sims Medieval

Uninstalled Sims 4, the game just lacks in everything. The emotions are more fake than any Sims previous series and side games. There are no unique Sims at all, if you played a single Sim, then that is all there is.. no matter the difference of appearances or gender. The Sims 4 baby is scary.. All packs break something (as well as updates) that are ignored for the most in getting fixes. Severe lack of game-play. Everything is huge and absolutely ugly ( furniture, pictures, etc). I spent hours and way to much money to finally realize how I honestly dislike the mobile port game passed off as a PC Sims game. Oh, let's not forget how limited everything is and all the quests that litter the game to take away the you rule logo.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2017
    I prefer TS2. But after that TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Hey! Thank u for all that helped me here. I solved the issue. It was cc. They were dark blue furniture. Are those cc that will crash my game, cuz after I deleted them i had no problems anymore