Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Sims 1
    MortelElm wrote: »
    Only me and 30 other people started with Sims 4 (well the people answered in the poll) I don't really know if I belong here or not when the rest of the people started with Sims 3, Sims 2, And Sims 1... :[

@MortelElm, we all belong here. :) The only thing this poll shows is that we all enjoy playing Sims 4. No matter which version you started with.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    Only me and 30 other people started with Sims 4 (well the people answered in the poll) I don't really know if I belong here or not when the rest of the people started with Sims 3, Sims 2, And Sims 1... :[
    You do. Just playing a Sims game in general makes you a Simmer. We all have to start somewhere, just some of us are older than others or didn't find the addiction until later on in life. I wish I had discovered the Sims in 2000 rather than in 2002, so there is always going to be a Simmer who has played longer than me. I've learned to accept it. There really shouldn't be a competition with Simmers, we are all equal. I wish the whole YIBs program didn't promote that nasty trend during the Sims 3 and now onto the Sims 4. Thankfully Influencers now are more accepting of all Simmers beyond just their own circle of friends. I know the world likes to promote that certain people are better than other people based on X reason, but I find that the Sims community is more inclusive. Share your stories with us when you can and welcome to forums. Some threads I really recommend to start off with are these ones in which you'll find a lot of people sharing their Sims stories in:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/788517/favorite-screenshot/
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/837334/the-sims-4-happy-play-thread/
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/

It is like the story of the Sneetches which teaches about the irony of racism. It doesn't matter how many stars on the belly someone has, once they lose the ability to differentiate between one another simply by looking, they are forced to realize that they are all the same, whether a star is on the belly or not. Numbers on the Sims games represent the stars, once you stop focusing on the stars, you will realize we are in the end the same and all Simmers. I guess I'm just grateful that many Simmers that have started with the first game are alive and well. I just lost a friend recently I play a game with and just makes me realize that we should appreciate that people are around. Life is so short we should enjoy every moment together. I think how we play Sims games and the stories we share reflect our own life. It is deeper than just sharing pictures on social media, but we are sharing our hopes, dreams, memories, and how we have overcome challenges with one another. So I hope that you will stick around the Sims for many years to come and you become addicted to this franchise too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MortelElmMortelElm Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 4
    I guess I was listening to much to the people that asked me "What's your first sim game you played" and then I answer and they respond negatively. Also, I'm all ready addicted to this franchise! I mean the day Sims 4 Cat's and Dogs came out, I got it!
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Sims 1
    I was with Sims 1 all the way the game hooked me and I liked the music I was always excited win more stuff for the Sims 1 come out I did spend a lot of hours in Sims 1 my first sim death did scare me I was young and the Burglar music always was creepy looking back at this I now like the Burglar music.
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    Sims 1
    Well, welcome aboard @MortelElm and welcome to the Sim fold!
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• MortelElmMortelElm Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 4
    Thanks!
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Sims 2
    I actually started with Sims bustin' out (I remember my household always dying. :'D) on PS2 but truly only played years later when I got myself a copy of Sims 2. So I consider Sims 2 for PC my first. I loved the style of TS2 (those cutscenes!) - the trait system was neat too. However when TS3 came along I tried to play that - But while I tried to love it I ended up disliking it way more. The style was not my cup of tea and I hated the shop because it made me realize that there where so many things I could not get because I'm never spending money on ingame shops (and it doesn't matter if I dislike or like a game) - but I respect people that think otherwise :) It is a great game - just not for me. Although even to this day I try to play a round of it every once in a blue moon and find myself discovering things I do miss in TS4.

However when TS4 came along I found myself remembered of my old TS2 days. That might be why I love the game despite it's flaws. I enjoy it a lot. The building mode is much easier and the multitasking is a feature I miss the most when I boot any other Sims game. I mean TS4 is the first ever Sims game where I spent most of my time building. Always hated that part in any other game ._.'
  • summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    Sims 4
    I started with Sims 4 on PC when I discovered it one day looking for sims games to play. I honestly didn't even know there were other previous versions! I had some Sims games on my DS when I was younger, and then I wasn't interested in it for years. Finding Sims 4 made me happy because I could dive back into it again--I mean it had just come out so there were a lot of problems, and a lot of missing content, but I was so excited to be able to start playing again!
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I started out with 1 after it was completed and the Sims 2 base had come out when I was a teen. After playing 1 for a year I bought 2 and kept with it through the rest of its run. 3 was the first I bought when it released followed by 4. I'm a bit obsessive about completing the games so I've owned every pack over the years. I also played the stand alone Sims stories games, Sims Midieval, Bustin out and the console version of 2. Each of the games has elements that I love and I ocassionally go back to 1 and 2 though it takes getting used when I get back into them. I play midieval if I'm in a questing mood. It's one of the few game series I've never lost interest in over the years.
  • AJD2AJD2 Posts: 12 New Member
    Sims 1
    I have been playing and enjoying since the beginning. Sometimes I stop playing for brief periods but always seem to find my way back:)
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Sims 1
    I guess I was listening to much to the people that asked me "What's your first sim game you played" and then I answer and they respond negatively. Also, I'm all ready addicted to this franchise! I mean the day Sims 4 Cat's and Dogs came out, I got it!

Yeah, it goes like that ... a lot.

Post what you want to post, respond with what you want to respond to. You are allowed to like the game and play a game you like. When people respond negatively, its on them, not on you.

When you can, post pictures of things you like. Report and ignore when need be.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 4
    Actually, my first sims game was the sims 3 mobile games, the Ambitions one if I remember correctly. I played that on my ipad then lost interest for a few years until I discovered sims freeplay and played that for a while. I had no interest in the PC versions until I joined the freeplay Facebook community and a few players would post pictures of their sims4 sims and I really loved the look of those sims.

By then I was losing interest in Freeplay. I bought the sims 4 basegame and loved it so added all the available packs till Dine out! Joined this forum (pre-toddlers) and was shocked at the unfriendly attitude and angst a lot of 'veteran' players displayed for players who enjoyed sims 4. Saw a lot of comparisons to Sims 3, so I got curious and purchased the basegame. It didn't grab my interest at once like Sims 4, and for a while I didn't play it again until I discovered mods and cc. Now I love both games and constantly go back and forth binge playing one for a few months then the other...rinse and repeat.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Yara_WinchesterYara_Winchester Posts: 16 Member
    Sims 3
    I think it's Sims 3 that actually gave the series it's justice. But i guess i am just biased because there are a more interesting Eps in sims 3 than the sims 4, though the graphics in TS4 are way better than TS3 and loads faster.
    But yeah, in my opinion it's Sims 3
    P.S:i was introduced at first to TS3 so i don't have that much experience in TS1 and 2
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    Sims 2
    I started with Sims 2 though I had played a little of the sims 1 game when I visiting a family member that had it. Before Sims 2 came out I played a little of sims on play station but I didn't really get into it until I got Sims 2 which I still play. I didn't ever get sims 3.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I strated with TS1, but I can't vote since I don't really enjoy it or play it much, although I try from time to time
    I kind of feel like TS4 is a reboot.
    But I'm glad others like it, since it gives me hope for TS5 and maybe I'll like that one better :)
    Prefer TS3, although until I get a new pc(maybe?) it won't run correctly, get alot of grapich bugs which annoy me.
  • TempurranceTempurrance Posts: 44 Member
    Sims 2
    I started with The Sims 2 when The Sims 3 had just came out! My cousin got The Sims 3 and gave me all her Sims 2 games. I had watched her play The Sims 2 before and she let me play a bit and I was in love. I didn't start playing The Sims 3 until 2012 or 2013 when I got a new laptop that could actually run TS3. I love all three but TS2 will always have a special place in my heart. I recently got TS1 but haven't been able to install it :(
    Still can't find Waldo...
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Sims 3
    I started with Sims 3 when my brother left a copy of it in my room when he went to live with our dad. I remember being so nervous installing it because I thought his save would be on my computer, and I was afraid I'd save over it :D I don't think he's touched the sims series since, but I've been addicted since I made my first sims 3 family!

I waited about 6-8 months to get 4 after it came out since there was a lot of things I didn't like about it; however, with all the changes and add-ons, I would have to say I prefer 4 over 3 (although I still miss some stuff from 3). I did get the Sims 2 from Origin when it had it for free (with all the add-ons), but I didn't play it long since I accidentally got my sims' two sets of twins (one pair alien and the other biological) taken away because I didn't realize a parent needed to be home when they got back from school.
  • GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    Sims 1
    I started "the Sims" with Sims 1, but Sims in general was one of the SimCitys. I forget which. There are so many other "Sim" games besides the Sims and they're all fun, just in different areas... I think it was SimCity 2000 that really drew my attention into The Sims.

Here I am building this massive city and trying to maintain it and I'm left wondering what the little people-pixels are doing wandering about... Then I find out that you can play said little pixel-people... Well... let's just say it was a match well made. :smile:
  • boscobelblueboscobelblue Posts: 17 New Member
    Sims 1
    Pretty sure the first on ps or ps2. I think you had businesses you improved like the gym or army barracks and there were aliens. Then a pets one I think #2. I remember a city one too with clubs and a hot tub. Then definitely 3 with some mods on pc. Now 4, I feel like there’s more than 4 but early on on console i may not have known the difference when an add on like pets which came on a separate stand alone disc was still consider 2.
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Sims 1
    My mum wouldn't let me play TS when it first came out because of the cover of the Hot Date EP. But I would always find a way to sneak away in computer shops to play TS. Soon after, the daughter of a friend of my parents invited me down to the basement of her house to "play this new sequel that came out!!!" Everything was in 3D -- TS2 was magical!
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    My mom introduced it to me when Sims 1 came out.

I was in like..first or second grade lol.
    xo0yscju
  • LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 3
    Sometimes I feel like sims 4 is the black sheep of the main series games. It's one thing to criticize or dislike the game for all it's lacking, but then I've seen some that go as far as saying it should be titled "the sims lite" or something like that or even that it "isn't a real sims game". As if this game is somehow such a disgrace to the series and almighty veterans alike that they refuse to even accept it as part of their once beloved franchise.

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 2
    I started with Sims 2 on PS2 through a demo disc from the Playstation Underground Magazines. I was amazed at the style of the game never seeing anything like it before. I hated the PC version for so long because I could not control my Sims and interact with the world around me. It was all this point and click boredom. Almost 4-6 years later I got into Sims 2 on PC after getting more DLC, its sad Sims 2 had better expansion packs than Sims 4. Owning a business, partying at clubs and being pursued by a vampire, getting beaten up by the crazy old woman (miss her), and owning a farm with how the gardening worked in Seasons. But after Sims 3 came out I got into that instead since it offered a more nonlinear sandbox open world experience with story progression and create a style. Though it had its problems (and EA could've fixed them instead of modders when did EA become Bethesda) it was the better experience for me. When the Sims 4 was announced I got excited seeing the more detail world thinking it was the true successor to Sims 3, the next evolution, but yeah we all know how badly that turned out. :'(
    Still after 3 years Sims 4 lacks everything practically other Sim games had to offer, not to mention its lackluster expansion packs and other forms of DLC to milk our wallets instead of offering content/feature rich expansions like previous installments. Lack of story progression (yeah there are mods but again we shouldn't have to rely on them), lack of create a style (wow pets get them and we don't though all of a sudden), lack of open world (bad navigation, poor coding caused Sims 3's most lag easy fix but again they wouldn't bother), and of course all these goals goals goals oh how I HATE the goals. I should NOT have to play YOUR way Maxis I should be able to play MY way. OH and the bugs, so many game breaking bugs, constant resets, broken goals (for a goal oriented game that's a game breaking bug), etc. etc. etc.

I'll put up with Sims 3 lag and stuff, thankfully mods fix some of it, till maybe one day the TRUE Sims 4 comes out. Sims 3 just was ahead of its time and had poor coding that caused it from being truly great. Sims 2 has a special place in my heart but its restrictive nature can't be put up with for me. I need nonlinear open ended games to enjoy it. Otherwise I'll get bored and most likely never touch them again. I need to play my way.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    Let's remember this poll is for those currently playing and enjoying the Sims 4. Let's not turn it into another feedback thread. The premise is that those who've played since the beginning can also enjoy the game, not just those who started with Sims 4.
  • player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    Sims 2
    I started out on Sims 2 but my first ever glitch was a bad one. I'd become really invested in my family as it was also my first game, and then my sim got stuck in his car on the way to work and starved to death...
    I moved on to Sims 3 about two years later and then 2 years after that invested in Sims 4.