Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hybrids, Have You Ever?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 2
Years ago people loved to create hybrids in TS2, I wondered this morning if it was possible to create a ghost/zombie/werewolf. LOL. I was watching the old episode of DS and at the moment Quentin is a zombie. But he also is a ghost, at first, then he is werewolf later in the show series. And I was thinking if it would be possible in TS2 to turn him into all three at the same time? :D Since there isn't a cheat in TS2 to turn Sims into werewolves but PlumbBob created a drink to turn them into werewovles I was thinking if this would be possible on a ghost, if I killed him off and turned him into a zombie first. lol
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Well... if you made a werewolf first then a zombie and then killed them- they'd be a ghost. I don't know if they'd change at night to the Werewolf or say in whichever form they are when they died. :(

Ghosts aren't playable... to turn them into anything after they die.

I've made the Alien, Plantsim, Witch, Vampire, Werewolf, Zombie who friended Bigfoot and made a Servo. It was for the "Officially" Wacky Boolprop challenge- Monster Mash mini challenge.
    edited December 2017
    I didn't do it.... the internet messed this one up. :lol:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @Rflong7! I have never created a hybrid. That is one of things I meant to do one day. I made a toddler a vampire one time and it was hilarious but never a hybrid. I forgot you can't shift click a ghost in TS2? :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Do it!

I didn't know toddlers could be vampires. (O.O)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited December 2017
    This is part of a guide I made a long time ago to explain what hybrids could be made in TS2. It doesn't include ghosts because as Rflong said, ghosts weren't playable:

Normal and Alien Sims can become any of the 5 or any combo.

Servos can become Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Witches or any combo of the 4. They can't become PlantSims because of the water need that would cause the Servos to short circuit.

Bigfeet can become Zombies, Witches or a Zombie/Witch combo. At one time Bigfoot could become a Vampire, but one of the Freetime patches disabled this.

I made a black sheep one time (a normal or Alien Sim that is all the creatures). I used the painting mod from MTS for a quick result.

Did you use a cheat to make the toddler a Vamp? :o There is a mod that will allow children to become Werewolves from MTS (it works).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited December 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Thanks @Rflong7! I have never created a hybrid. That is one of things I meant to do one day. I made a toddler a vampire one time and it was hilarious but never a hybrid. I forgot you can't shift click a ghost in TS2? :/

Believe me, I once shift-clicked on a ghost and made it playable. Ghost has only one interaction it is doing: Haunt. Cancel this interaction and they'll go back to the grave. This method is used to get rid of the ghost as otherwise it can wake sims up and kill them by fright.

PS. You turned a toddler into a vampire? Now that toddler can never grow up... :s
    +Cure vampire cheat-interaction never works.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Believe me, I once shift-clicked on a ghost and made it playable. Ghost has only one interaction it is doing: Haunt. Cancel this interaction and they'll go back to the grave. This method is used to get rid of the ghost as otherwise it can wake sims up and kill them by fright.

PS. You turned a toddler into a vampire? Now that toddler can never grow up... :s

It would take either a very poor mood or several scares for a ghost to kill a Sim through haunting. Had one Sim get scared like 5 times in a row and still not die. He would have died if he had been scared one more time, though. 2 ghosts took turn scaring him. I was not happy.

So not worth any problems that could possibly come from making a ghost selectable, to me at least.

And I've yet to have any hybrids. Mostly due to lack of a Sim that it felt like they would want to become a hybrid.
    EgonVM wrote: »

I don't play cookie cutter Sims. :p If there was a Make Vampire option then you can bet I clicked it. Some things changed after the last few EPs but I do remember it would rise above the crib and float above it (like the bug TS2 used to have that made kids rise above the floor). And he grew into a child so I don't think aging mattered since I wasn't using mod but boolprop. I used to do a lot of things with boolprop to make videos and failure states. >:) I think it was FT that may have changed a lot of things but after FT I took it out and played without FT for several more years because I didn't actually like that EP's setup other than the hobby objects.
    I mostly build my houses on a foundation so when I hear the ghost coming deleting the stairs is all it takes to keep them on the ground. They'll stop, cheer for their bed, then wander around.

I like my Sweet, sweet, cookie cutter Sims. :mrgreen::heart:

Ghosts are clickable with boolprop but not Playable- mores the pity. :(
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I mostly build my houses on a foundation so when I hear the ghost coming deleting the stairs is all it takes to keep them on the ground. They'll stop, cheer for their bed, then wander around.

I like my Sweet, sweet, cookie cutter Sims. :mrgreen::heart:

Ghosts are clickable with boolprop but not Playable- mores the pity. :(

Nothing wrong with cookie cutter Sims, I have played many families, but sometimes I have to go to the darkside. :D
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited December 2017
    Daisy Greenman was a plantsim/werewolf combo for a long time in my game, and it was amazing. I haven't played with a servo in years, though...

Daisy's my avatar. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've made lots of Hybrids. Some are Vampire/FakeAlien. Some are Mermaid/FakeAlien. And some are all three in one. I'm so looking forward to a new Hybrid with Spellcaster/Vampire/FakeAlien.

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've made lots of Hybrids. Some are Vampire/FakeAlien. Some are Mermaid/FakeAlien. And some are all three in one. I'm so looking forward to a new Hybrid with Spellcaster/Vampire/FakeAlien.

@SERVERFRA

I think you've posted in the wrong thread. Sims 2 did not have mermaids.