Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I present to you another story from the Stories from the Parents and Younger Siblings segment in Tales from VLH High. In this story, Garrett and his parents meet the Lewis Family, a dog loving family.

Dog Loving Family
    gu9mGNW.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm updating today. i had to fix the bad thing i made noel do. i did last night but there was no time for updating.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2017
    I am releasing this chapter early, because I am going away for a week with my cousins.
    This chapter focuses more on Alex. Sorry @chalicen :D
    chapter-six-king-and-duchess-and-other-people_orig.jpg

I have also made a new Friends of Foes poster. I have attached it in the spoiler, as it might be a big picture. XD
    alex-and-henry_orig.png

Also, for those who didn't know, as I've had a few confused :D , the link to my forum thread is directly under my signature and is also on the Friends of Foes webpage. I will attach it here as well.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I am releasing this chapter early, because I am going away for a week with my cousins.

I have also made a new Friends of Foes poster. I have attached it in the spoiler, as it might be a big picture. XD
    alex-and-henry_orig.png

Also, for those who didn't know, as I've had a few confused :D , the link to my forum thread is directly under my signature and is also on the Friends of Foes webpage. I will attach it here as well.

Yay!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

alex-and-henry_orig.png

Yay!

Woah, I totally forgot you read this. Sorry @Bugsie2016 . :D Hopefully Alex wasn't too scary in this latest chapter. :D
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @everyone,

Hope you're all having a happy holiday season. I plan to play Sims 4 for the winter but will probably put the game away again for the summer months.

I have started a new game in Sims 4 and am trying the Random Challenge by @midnitetech although controlling one Sim in 24 hrs doesn't always work out once the Sim I'm controlling goes to work and am not one to let my Sims starve or deny needs. Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of their first day in the new city. Am not planning to write stories except maybe a monthly short story every now and then but will share some photos here and in WL so that you can meet my new Sims. It was taking too long on Photobucket to bring up the crop photo option, so will try to get back into my old FB acct that I used to use for Simming purposes to load the photos there. Meantime their names are Uriel Wallace and Kiersten Bryson who will hopefully fall in love and get married as Uriel rolled the 'Big Happy Family' Aspiration and Kiersten got the 'Soul Mate'. They are sharing an apartment in the city (Sims 4) and didn't have a good night's sleep the first night as their next door neighbor was blaring music in the middle of the night. The downside of apartment living, I guess.

That's all for now and hope that you all have a good evening.

Silver
    Hi @everyone,

Hope you're all having a happy holiday season. I plan to play Sims 4 for the winter but will probably put the game away again for the summer months.

I have started a new game in Sims 4 and am trying the Random Challenge by @midnitetech although controlling one Sim in 24 hrs doesn't always work out once the Sim I'm controlling goes to work and am not one to let my Sims starve or deny needs. Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of their first day in the new city. Am not planning to write stories except maybe a monthly short story every now and then but will share some photos here and in WL so that you can meet my new Sims. It was taking too long on Photobucket to bring up the crop photo option, so will try to get back into my old FB acct that I used to use for Simming purposes to load the photos there. Meantime their names are Uriel Wallace and Kiersten Bryson who will hopefully fall in love and get married as Uriel rolled the 'Big Happy Family' Aspiration and Kiersten got the 'Soul Mate'. They are sharing an apartment in the city (Sims 4) and didn't have a good night's sleep the first night as their next door neighbor was blaring music in the middle of the night. The downside of apartment living, I guess.

That's all for now and hope that you all have a good evening.

Silver

Hi @SilverDaybreak . Nice to meet you. Ahh sounds like the couple's made for eachother. :) Looking forward to the updates. I love pictures. Can't wait to see what they look like. :)
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    And a new extra post for No Shame is up as a decision is made.

Extra Post: End of Discussion

post.jpg
    i forgot. i took my first selfie at work last week. i think my coworker was was shocked i knew what it was called. i'm not from the stone age.

as bon jovi says just older. yes thats a actually bon jovi song.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @friendsfan367: in fact you play video games and use forums too. :o
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @friendsfan367: in fact you play video games and use forums too. :o

its been a long day. and i'm mad its friday. lol what are you talking about?
    going in game. lastime alana kept beating ayden and alzono up.
    edited December 2017
    Hi @Everyone

For any who have Facebook, I just created a new page to load photos from my new game under the name Janet Tedford with email address silverjansims@yahoo.ca.

Here are a few photos from my first evening back playing with random Sims, Uriel and Kiersten.

Guess I'll be back later to edit this post as I've forgotten what to type in after copying the image address to make the photos show in the post. If someone could remind me, that would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Silver

• PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Finally done with exams!
    (Pretty sure I flunked at least two of them, meaning I'm going to have to uninstall Origin after I back up my current save files and game data in general, but at least I'm done for now.)
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
    Finally done with exams!
    (Pretty sure I flunked at least two of them, meaning I'm going to have to uninstall Origin after I back up my current save files and game data in general, but at least I'm done for now.)

i 'm lost what does one have to do with the other?
    cog caused me to think of simpler times i actually said duh. which is weird because i don't remember saying it before.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hi @SilverDaybreak :) Nice to see you back around here!

You need to put the URL of the image between these tags: [img][/img] :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Hi @SilverDaybreak :) Nice to see you back around here!

You need to put the URL of the image between these tags: [img][/img] :blush:

hey cute little weirdo . your up late.

cathteas writing so i used your nickname.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hello all! Dropping a little update here. Part 4 (chapters 16-20) of Dear Ella are up! If you have not read yet, it's a letter based short story and is not difficult to speed read!

fiHf8Jh.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    So, this is probably a really dumb realisation but I just realised I can add links to my forum thread on my WP site through the menu (no need for a page!)
    wF8ABonl.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Found this video today (this morning? tonight? I'm really not sure what time it is anymore) on YouTube that's about purpose and motivation for creative things. The creator draws, but I felt like what he talks about is really applicable to SimLit as well. Plus, his drawings (at least in this video) are SO intricate! Which brings me to a discussion question...
    What is/are your reason(s) why you write SimLit? You can answer this for any other creatively-oriented things you do as well, if you'd like.

I also play violin and write "regular" fanfic for other fandoms as well as writing SimLit, though I think my reasons really apply to all of them. My number one reason is definitely to have fun. It's a great break from schoolwork, and I always come out feeling refreshed. My second reason is because of the community involved-- obviously the communities are different for the three things I listed, but without these I'd basically have no friends. My third reason is to challenge myself-- I'm always finding ways to do things better, to be more detailed, to show more of me in all of the creative things I do, and in those ways I'm always improving. And for my final reason-- which I feel is the most important one-- processing. All of these things really help me process and work through events in my life, in the news, etc. In writing, this is usually through putting a similar situation in my stories and figuring out how different characters might approach and work through it. And some of their approaches actually work really well for real! With playing violin, I find it's a lot easier to express emotion through music instead of words, so that usually becomes more "emotional processing" than the "logical processing" of writing, but both are still equally important-- it's kind of hard to think logically when all you're emotions are out of whack, but if you don't solve the problem causing those emotions then you'll spend all your time in processing them, without room for anything else.
    Dropping off an update!
    Chapter 17
    22BHRLcl.png
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Pegasus143 I love that question! :heart: I'll try to return later to answer it (I enjoyed reading yours!). I've been so incredibly busy with my new house lately that it's like I have no time for anything else... Not even saying hi in the lounge :( And definitely not writing either...

But I did manage to get a chapter done for today :)

6.48: Three Million Euros
    FNACfDV.png
    snvAF3B.png
    Good Morning @Everyone,

Here are the photos from my first Simming session after 18 months.

25289410_114291459362465_2348765583923608585_n.jpg?oh=a0ef42b5497fdb2e46630e6a2a74efa9&oe=5AC9F0A7

Meet Kiersten Bryson checking her phone while apartment building neighbors chat behind her.

25289410_114291459362465_2348765583923608585_n.jpg?oh=a0ef42b5497fdb2e46630e6a2a74efa9&oe=5AC9F0A7

Kiersten putting together a lunch for their guests Was controlling her as per Random rules.

25348631_114291519362459_5012591960311835258_n.jpg?oh=26c3bca5dc11cc8e392924d9a02a1ef7&oe=5AC3B1EF

Meet Kiersten's roommate, Uriel Wallace

25442789_114291586029119_7297080568734095550_n.jpg?oh=530a567abfd9919c9cfaff2502411138&oe=5AC63E00

Kiersten checking out the neighborhood

25353975_114291462695798_5552114748698780103_n.jpg?oh=6f3df13f89f55b02a07a3a0b781961fd&oe=5AC61ED7

Kiersten was so tired from moving that she couldn't quite make it back to the apartment for bed but did moments later. She probably would have gotten more sleep on the park bench as Wallace & Kiersten's next door neighbor was blaring their music in the middle of the night.

That's all for now. After creating a new email address for my Sim Facebook page, as it seems that my main email address is already being used on Wordpress (Don't remember creating a page with that one (jangraceted@gmail)) and am not able to get into my other Sim page.

Hope you're all having fun with your Sims, today.

@CitizenErased14 : Good to be back and wow you're at generation 6 in your legacy. Haven't finished reading the first generation. Congrats on getting that far.

Take Care,
    Silver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top