March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations @abelhinha35 on your well deserved win! I knew you'd win! :) Thank you @BuildnShare for your critique and suggestions for more landscaping, I'll keep that in mind next time! Congrats also to winners in the other categories, all very well deserved too! <3
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited December 2017
    Congrats to @Abelhinha! Awesome house! And thankso so much @BuildnShare for another fun challenge and the kind words!!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats to the win @Laebeth!! Extra hurray for the bump up! The house you chose seemed to be a difficult one, great work.
    Congrats to the expert win @abelhinha35!! Well deserved!
    and @Pallypoo winning two,yay! Not to forget @JosieAnglin and @Ainsleyf !!

And of course big thank you for the critique @BuildnShare !
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    Thanks for all the congrats everyone <3 I am going to be of the grid for a while. Happy Holidays everyone. :)
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Many congrats to you @StangMix2, @Laebeth & @abelhinha35 all three buildings are striking! Great work :smiley:

Many congrats for winning the room challenge @Pallypoo & @JosieAnglin - a tie! :smiley:

and also many congrats for winning the sims challenge @Ainsleyf & @Pallypoo :smiley:

Great to be mentioned @FidgetyAtom and @glen1974!

and a big thank you to you @BuildnShare for this great contest and lovely critique. :star:
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thank you @mannanna and @kilra0 :heart:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the helpful suggestions! And congrats to all the winners! Such wonderful creativity all around! :smiley:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats to all!! Some absolutely amazing entries this round, the judges had such a tough job!! Thank you @BuildnShare for the well-rounded critiques, I'll certainly use your feedback in my future builds :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited December 2017
    Congratulations to @StangMix2 , @Laebeth and @abelhinha35 and thank you @BuildnShare for the tips!
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Atomic Bungalow is an excellent realization of the Mitchell Glenn floor plan! You chose wall textures that suggest what was used in the original. The two perpendicular vaulted roofs are hard to achieve in the game but you managed to create an attractive compromise. Your landscaping is particularly beautiful; it has a real mid-century vibe to it! And the pool area in back is a lovely addition. The interiors are very mid-century, too, with turquoise and orange being the primary colors. I love your “built in” seating in the living area—very cleverly done. And the kitchen is especially attractive. It was also a great idea to use an otherwise undesignated space as the art nook. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: The vault on the roofs seems too high compared with the original, and it might have been nice if you had eliminated the flat ceiling in the vaulted areas in order to get the effect of the vault. Also, I’m not sure what that mailbox is doing in the foyer. (I assume the game put it there because you forgot to include a mailbox!) Finally, you chose an expensive lot to put the house on. I think it might have worked on a 30 x 40 lot as well, and you would have had up to §8000 more to work with!

@BuildnShare LOL!! I totally forgot the mailbox! D'oh! Though the thought of it in the hallway made me laugh. But seriously, thank you for the feedback and I totally agree with your comments about the lot size, much too big for the budget allowed. And thank you for the honourable mention that was really nice and unexpected. I think I may go back to this lot with unlimited budget now the competition is over and redo the areas I cut back on. I will let you know when I have reposted. :smile:

Huge congrats to @Laebeth on winning and promotion to expert, totally deserved too! :smiley: Also well done to @Pallypoo and @JosieAnglin in winning in your categories. And thank you to @Ainsleyf and @FidgetyAtom for the comments.

• glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

oh and also thank you for the comment @kilra0 much appreciated!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS84 - Familia

@stangmix2
    Brick Home is such a gorgeous little home for the Rivera’s. Your architecture feels very traditional and this ties in well with the landscaping. You did a really great job with the roofing. The backyard is adorable with that little sandpit and you made awesome use of terrain paints. Your interiors are light and airy and you made some really great object choices to make the place feel homey and lived in on such a tight little budget. I just love how you created that little ‘breakfast bar’ in the kitchen.

Suggestions:
    We would have liked to have seen some overhead shots to get a feel for the layout. It might just be me, but I don’t feel that the tyre with plants fits with the style you chose downstairs, perhaps something a little sleeker would have blended in better.

@Xraygrl2004
    Mi Casa de Familia is a wonderful adobe style home, the architecture is great and those roof pieces fit perfectly! You’ve really thought about your layout and it works well, that master suite is particularly fantastic! Your interiors flow well, I can tell you put a great deal of thought into your object choices and they fit a treat, the yellow and blue palette you chose in the main areas is lovely. And that little girls bedroom is amazing :heart:

Suggestions:
    Think about using more terrain paint to make landscaping feel like part of the build, rather than an afterthought. Some dirt under the plants, a pathway leading to the pond, some sort of stone terrain under the planters.

@FidgetyAtom
    The Cabrini is amazing, the traditional architecture works so well with the landscaping you have used. And those roofs!! Must have taken a huge amount of thought and work. Your layout is well thought out and I can see that it would translate well into play. Your interiors are so homey and cute, it’s great that you decorated for the holidays. You made some really thoughtful object choices, and I just adore that kitchen area. Using the landing for the study area is a great idea.

Suggestions:
    Mateo’s room feels a little feminine for him, perhaps a different piece of wall art and the men’s shoe rack might have helped it feel a little less ‘girly’.

And the winner is......

@FidgetyAtom - you are hereby promoted to Established, congrats!!!

I would also like to give an honourable mention to @xraygrl2004, your building has improved leaps and bounds, well done you!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS84 - Familia

@Mamajanaynay
    Casa Solariega is a wonderful Adobe style build, you did an amazing job with the roofing and the architecture to match. The landscaping you chose goes well with the style of the home. Your layout works well throughout the build and your palette helps the home feel really cohesive. You made some great object choices and your placement is good. I really like what you did in the kitchen and dining area, it all looks so charming in there.

Suggestions:
    Think about the size of your rooms, there seems to be a lot of empty space in the house. If you are stuck with the budget, you can make your own custom rugs using carpeting and ‘control and f’ to get a quarter tile which you can use to make some interesting designs. Your pictures feel a bit dark, don’t forget about the ‘buydebug’ lights that come for free to help light some of those darker reaches.

@SerraNolwen
    Children's new home is a lovely traditional style build, your little outcroppings ensure that the build doesn’t feel too blocky. You did a good job with the roof lines. I adore that little gnome on the flamingo next to the front door, perfect for the Rivera’s.Sofia’s room is adorable, and I just love how you’ve arranged that ground floor bathroom in such a small space. You added some great story driven details, such as the paperwork and the sugar skull collection.

Suggestions:
    I think some terrain paint underneath those plants at the front would have helped them feel more like part of the build. The same in the backyard, it feels a little ‘sterile’ without any. I wonder if that large roof on the main part of the build would have looked better with a bit of an overhang.

@Agrippine_23
    Cotton Candy Cottage is adorable!! It really does look like a fairy tale home, you did such a great job with the architecture and the roofing, and I adore that circular tower. Your landscaping is sparse, but I understand why with the budget, what you have got is perfect for the style and you made some really great use of terrain paints, I have images of breadcrumbs going down that winding front pathway. Your layout is great and you made some brilliant object choices, the place feels very welcoming.

Suggestions:
    A few more pictures would have been nice, I don’t think we got to see Adrian’s bedroom for example, or the rear of the house with the roofs up and it would be good to see the rooms from more than one angle. Don’t forget to take pictures in live mode with all the floors up, that way you will be able to see the ceilings instead of outside.

And the winner is..... @SerraNolwen - congrats!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 730 Member
    Oh my! I was not expecting that. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the build.
    Yay..congrats to @serranolwen and @fidgetyatom for the win and @fidgetyatom for the bump up and @xraygrl2004 for the great job!! Woot! and Happy New Year all!
    Congratulations to @serranolwen and @fidgetyatom for the win and @fidgetyatom for the bump up and @xraygrl2004. Well done to all the entries in the starting out and established categories. :)

Happy New Year to all. :)
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 730 Member
    @Ainsleyf @abelhinha35 Thank you! Happy New Year!
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited January 2018
    Awww! Thanks! I'm shocked lol.
    Thanks everyone <3 Congrats to the winners in Established! Some really great builds.

Happy New Year!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS84 - Familia

@abelhinha35

Casa de Graca is a charming home for the refugees! The blue and white color scheme is attractive, and the balconies and outside staircase give the house character. The walled in back courtyard with activities for the children is a lovely idea too. Inside the house feels cozy. The open floor plan works well, and the room divider helps to define living spaces within the large downstairs. I love the large kitchen! The bedrooms have been thought out carefully with each person in mind. The wallpapered walls act as a lovely accent and decoration for each room. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: The landscaping, though nice, feels minimal—a small fountain in the courtyard might have been nice. And the open windows and arches are perhaps impractical in a desert area that can get cold at night.

@Ainsleyf

Casa Pequena is a warm and inviting home for the three children to live in. The colorful front landscaping gives the house great curb appeal. And you really did a marvelous job on the roofing. The open backyard has much for the kids to do, too, and they can all learn to fish! The interior colors are warm and cozy. The fireplace was a great idea for those cold nights in the desert. There is just the right amount of deco/clutter to give the downstairs a feeling of being lived in. The three bedrooms are all decorated appropriately for each person. I love your use of wall decals with the wallpaper! Good job! :smiley:

Suggestions: Although the open staircase is a great idea for tucking a desk under, the open stairs themselves seem a little dangerous for small children. I might have chosen a staircase style that had solid vertical connections between the risers (no gaps), and the staircase could still be open underneath to accommodate the desk. And one of your images of the living area shows a lighter wall color—less orange. I wondered if that was an earlier choice or whether it was a trick of the lighting.

@emere

I was impressed by the thought behind La Casita. The use of brick and wood siding makes for a charming front view of the house. The extra detail with the roof is an attractive addition. You have also landscaped the lot beautifully and used terrain paint well! The fenced-in backyard is full of activities for the family. The inside of the house is homey with just the right amount of clutter. I particularly like how you have used the exposed brick in strategic areas. The three bedrooms are nicely tailored to fit each family member, too! Lovely work! :smiley:

Suggestions: Using different wall textures together can be tricky. Where you have a built out section of the house, the contrasting brick makes sense. When you have the same wall with different textures on it, it is confusing to understand how it might have been constructed. I usually will place a column between textures to suggest that somehow the wall areas were separately built. Just a thought!

@FaithofKaela

Rivera Modern is a striking design! I love the contrasting vertical and horizontal wood wall textures on the exterior. The build outs and the window choices add to the dynamic appearance. The landscaping with the banks of yucca plants is perfect for the style of architecture! You have included wonderful activities for the family in the backyard, too. I particularly like the sandpit and dollhouse! The inside is beautifully decorated—love the paintings! Very sophisticated and modern. You use the wallpaper textures extremely well: Mateo’s bedroom is a stand out! Beautiful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have chosen a warmer wood color for the horizontal siding and used the vertical siding for the entire front section under the build out. It might make for a better balanced front of the house. And I might have reversed the toilet room layout in the main bathroom so that the door to the toilet could be accessed from the main room (and one would not have to go through the bathtub room to get to it).

@mannanna

My Bahay is the kind of quirky little house that the family would feel completely at home in! The landscaping is perfection and so full of interesting details—wonderful use of the stone “ruins” deco item, and the backyard area is filled with things to do and enjoy. The exterior wall textures fit the desert setting well. The interior of the house is so well conceived, too. It has a simple, convenient look that the family would appreciate. You have used every bit of space to good effect in this tiny house and chosen wall textures, furniture and clutter items to match your conception. I especially like Mateo’s room. Nicely done! :smiley:

Suggestions: Not much to suggest. I wonder if the toy box in Sophia’s room can be accessed with the stuffed toy positioned where it is.

@Oliana

The family may well find welcoming the complete change of scenery in which your charming Bentley House is located. The quiet country atmosphere and lush green surroundings will make them feel safe and secure. The three-story house with the bright red door is attractive—great used of exterior wall textures and windows! The interior is homey and inviting. I love your wallpaper, furniture and clutter choices. The kitchen especially with all the windows will be a favorite place for the family. Lovely work! :smiley:

Suggestions: At the expert level, we expect all pictures to be labeled, and we require top down views of the lot with the roof up and (top down) layouts of each floor (so that the judges can understand how you put together the house). You could also have provided more pictures of the details of your beautiful build. There is no such thing as too many pictures!

And the winner is.....

@mannanna

GArBA5W.jpg
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Congrats @SerraNolwen, @mannanna, and @FidgetyAtom!! Beautiful builds!

Thanks @BuildnShare for the honorable mention!

I've learned so much from everyone here on the forums and for that I want to thank each and every one of you!! I also want to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year! :heart:
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    Congrats @mannanna and thanks @BuildnShare for another great challenge!!!
    Congratulations @mannanna for your win. :) Thanks @BuildnShare for your suggestions and comments. :)
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    This came as a total surprise, wow made my day! I had fun building that house. :) Thanks again for a fun challenge and for taking the time to critique @BuildnShare ( and yes, the toy box works, I always test my builds )

Congrats to @SerraNolwen and @FidgetyAtom for your wins! and @xraygrl2004 for the honorable mention!
    I hope everyone's holiday was wonderful and a Happy New Year to everyone!
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @SerraNolwen @mannanna and @FidgetyAtom Huge congrats on your respective wins! Wonderful creations you guys!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Congratulations @mannanna !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights