Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place some CC after latest update :<

Comments

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm having an even worse issue than beds, surfaces, etc not working. Since the patch today my game wont even load past the logo screen with my mods folder in. Which just ... can't do because I'm midway through filming the next episode of a machinima series that uses a lot of CC, and I just got permission from EA to use paintings of Sims (with CC in them) in a WIP book series. And no game opening, or game opening without CC = no reference pictures = no paintings. Anyone know a way to figure out which specific mods/items are the issue?

It sounds like you've taken out the CC counters and desks. They will have to be replaced with vanilla content to do the filming, but if you don't save, you'll be able to go back in and have things be working once The Sims 4 Studio releases a new update, with a batch fix for broken CC. It may take a couple days as there are a lot of tuning changes to account for. If you don't have The Sims 4 Studio, I would recommend it. It's a great resource for CC users. The Batch Fixes are found under the Tools menu if you haven't used them before.

I also read that the More Clubs Per Sim Mod was not working.

To find other issues, one can take out half the Mod Folder, see if the game loads. If it does, the problem is in the half taken out. If not, take out another half, try again to load, etc. This is the only way I know to narrow the problem down. If you find another issue with CC, please let us know, as it helps everyone greatly, thanks! Good luck, and I would love to see your machinimas.

Edit: Oh, and CC dressers are also affected, I knew I was forgetting something!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I'm having an even worse issue than beds, surfaces, etc not working. Since the patch today my game wont even load past the logo screen with my mods folder in. Which just ... can't do because I'm midway through filming the next episode of a machinima series that uses a lot of CC, and I just got permission from EA to use paintings of Sims (with CC in them) in a WIP book series. And no game opening, or game opening without CC = no reference pictures = no paintings. Anyone know a way to figure out which specific mods/items are the issue?

Hello
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    When testing the game, if you don’t save the game, it will remain the same as before you had this issue.
  • janneman1janneman1 Posts: 5 New Member
    1) I understand that the creators of Sims 4 cannot take responsibility for broken CC.

2) They do however have to realize that thousands of people are indeed using CC - that is what makes the game sell.

3) So they should at least offer their clients the option to update or not and/or return to a previous patch until things are sorted out by those dedicated people who work to fix what has been destroyed by updates.

4) Some of us get to a point in time where we are happy with the game as it is and do not require any more features and updates.

Could the creators please respect the wishes of those and refer to point 3.

I AM FED UP!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2017
    [quote="jannem
    an1;c-16213650"]1) I understand that the creators of Sims 4 cannot take responsibility for broken CC.

2) They do however have to realize that thousands of people are indeed using CC - that is what makes the game sell.

3) So they should at least offer their clients the option to update or not and/or return to a previous patch until things are sorted out by those dedicated people who work to fix what has been destroyed by updates.

4) Some of us get to a point in time where we are happy with the game as it is and do not require any more features and updates.

Could the creators please respect the wishes of those and refer to point 3.

I AM FED UP![/quote]

EA makes no secret about the fact that you use c.c. at your own risk. Also you can turn off automatic updates in origin so your game won't update unless you tell it to.

EDIT: spelling
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I'm having trouble placing rooms that have CC in them :/ I've been placing a particular room several times over the last few weeks with no issues. Today? I get script errors telling me that it "failed" :(
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @Jonalin have you run the Sims4Studio batch fix? You may have some of the broken CC in your rooms.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @Jonalin have you run the Sims4Studio batch fix? You may have some of the broken CC in your rooms.

@Bananas_45 I've run it a few times since C&D was released. Has there been an update since then? (and thanks for the great reminder :) )
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Sims 4 Studio has now updated the batch fix to include fixing the cc items broken by the last patch
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version

@rosemow I'm sorry! I missed this post yesterday. (heading over to S4S right now...)
    Jonalin wrote: »
    Hello
    Sims 4 Studio has now updated the batch fix to include fixing the cc items broken by the last patch

@rosemow I'm sorry! I missed this post yesterday. (heading over to S4S right now...)

Hello.
    I hope that downloading the updated version of Sims 4 Studio and running the batch fix helps with your issues.
    Hello

Hello.
    I hope that downloading the updated version of Sims 4 Studio and running the batch fix helps with your issues.

I hope so too! :) (cross your fingers for me ;) )
  • MitchellKidsNZMitchellKidsNZ Posts: 2 New Member
    This has happened to me too! Not only are the beds not working, I also find I can no longer place cc counters, dressing tables or bookshelves. Now I can use very little of my cc furniture! Is this happening to anyone else?
    edited December 2017
    This has happened to me too! Not only are the beds not working, I also find I can no longer place cc counters, dressing tables or bookshelves. Now I can use very little of my cc furniture! Is this happening to anyone else?

Hello @MitchellKidsNZ
    Sims 4 Studio tool has now updated its program, and has a batch fix that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patch
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix.
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Do I have to delete the old version of sims 4 studio before I download the new version?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @LiaRose1435 I always do so that I get a clean download.
  • MitchellKidsNZMitchellKidsNZ Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you so much! I'm so glad to have all of my cc working again! :smiley:
    edited December 2017
    I must be doing something wrong :( When I go to place any CC in my game I get a "script call failed" error message. Doesn't matter what I'm trying to place, it happens with beds, tables, misc. items. I'm sad :(

(and yes, I d/l'd the latest S4S and ran it) :::weeping:::
    Just tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, but nothing worked :( Is anyone else having problems placing CC content since the most recent update?
  • RebelShadowKittenRebelShadowKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Jonalin said:
    > Just tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, but nothing worked :( Is anyone else having problems placing CC content since the most recent update?

No, you're not the only one, sugar. Unfortunately, even though I ran the batch fix everyone claims was update SINCE the 12 Dec. patch, I'm still having issues with CC counters. Even though I can place 'em in my Sims' kitchen, they might as well be deco objects; they're absolutely useless since any of the "Cooking" pop-up boxes (CC foods or one added by the base game or an E/G/SP) are completely grayed out and say "No available counter space" when I hover over 'em.

Whether EA makes it abundantly clear we use CC at our own risk or not, I'm in full agreement with whoever posted the comment about wishing they'd let us choose whether we wanted to update or not WITHOUT having to go into Offline mode, or to roll back to a previous patch at will. They seem to break more than they fix with every patch, and it's gotten beyond ridiculous at this point.
    > @Jonalin said:
    > Just tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, but nothing worked :( Is anyone else having problems placing CC content since the most recent update?

No, you're not the only one, sugar. Unfortunately, even though I ran the batch fix everyone claims was update SINCE the 12 Dec. patch, I'm still having issues with CC counters. Even though I can place 'em in my Sims' kitchen, they might as well be deco objects; they're absolutely useless since any of the "Cooking" pop-up boxes (CC foods or one added by the base game or an E/G/SP) are completely grayed out and say "No available counter space" when I hover over 'em.

Whether EA makes it abundantly clear we use CC at our own risk or not, I'm in full agreement with whoever posted the comment about wishing they'd let us choose whether we wanted to update or not WITHOUT having to go into Offline mode, or to roll back to a previous patch at will. They seem to break more than they fix with every patch, and it's gotten beyond ridiculous at this point.

@RebelShadowKitten and @rosemow I didn't want to give up completely on S4Studio, so I uninstalled the program completely from my PC. I then went to the site and re-d/l'd it making sure I had the latest version. I then started running every "fix" that was available and ... thankfully... it worked! However, I have only tested it on a few CC items but I'm happy that at least I've gotten a few pieces to work in my game.
    > @Jonalin said:

@RebelShadowKitten and @rosemow I didn't want to give up completely on S4Studio, so I uninstalled the program completely from my PC. I then went to the site and re-d/l'd it making sure I had the latest version. I then started running every "fix" that was available and ... thankfully... it worked! However, I have only tested it on a few CC items but I'm happy that at least I've gotten a few pieces to work in my game.

I am glad that uninstalling the program completely, then redownloading the program and running all the batch fixes helped with the issue :) That is great!

I am glad that uninstalling the program completely, then redownloading the program and running all the batch fixes helped with the issue :) That is great!

Thanks @rosemow :) It sure makes the game fun again ;)
    Happy Holiday to you!! EoAqQ8Q.png

Thanks @rosemow :) It sure makes the game fun again ;)
    Happy Holiday to you!! EoAqQ8Q.png

Happy Christmas to you too! :)
  • darlanadarlana Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys, I don't want to screw up my game even more, so kind of silly question: can I batch-fix already batch-fixed CCs in my Mods' folders or do I have to copy CCs from s4s backup folders back to my Mods' folders and then batch-fix them anew?