Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place some CC after latest update :<

Comments

• JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited November 2017
    Kirterry wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently having the same problem with my game since the pets update. Can't place the cc beds unless they're already created with the original beds from sims 4. I am using a windows computer and haven't had this problem until now. Any help or suggestions?!

Thanks

Get Sims 4 Studio and run a batch fix on the beds. The patch changed the code that the CC talks to for beds (probably so cats can sleep on them), and the CC needs a repair.

@luthienrising

I took a look at Sims 4 Studio and d/l'd it. However, the program intimidates me so I'm not comfortable installing/using it :( Not sure what to do now other than remove all affected CC content :cry::(
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    I took a look at Sims 4 Studio and d/l'd it. However, the program intimidates me so I'm not comfortable installing/using it :( Not sure what to do now other than remove all affected CC content :cry::(

Literally all you have to do is open it, open the 'Tools' menu and select 'Batch fixes', 'Objects' and finally 'Fix beds for Cats & Dogs patch'. In the window that opens, check that the address for your mods folder is correct and then click 'Run'. That's it. There's nothing to be intimidated about, it's super simple.
    Peruna wrote: »

Literally all you have to do is open it, open the 'Tools' menu and select 'Batch fixes', 'Objects' and finally 'Fix beds for Cats & Dogs patch'. In the window that opens, check that the address for your mods folder is correct and then click 'Run'. That's it. There's nothing to be intimidated about, it's super simple.

@Peruna Thanks for the hand-holding :) I'm just not sure about installing a program on my pc that I'm not familiar with. Hopefully the creators at TSR will update the beds on their own? I'm not sure because although I used CC extensively in S2 and S3, I haven't done so in S4.
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    If you place the item then save and go to manage worlds, and then re-enter the lot, the item should be there. Only workaround I know. I'm getting the same issue.
    boopish wrote: »
    If you place the item then save and go to manage worlds, and then re-enter the lot, the item should be there. Only workaround I know. I'm getting the same issue.

Hi @boopish :) I literally can not place a CC bed at all. Meaning, I put it down and it completely disappears.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    boopish wrote: »

Hi @boopish :) I literally can not place a CC bed at all. Meaning, I put it down and it completely disappears.

Beds need to be batch-fixed in the newest version of Sims 4 Studio.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem (hopefully, we're allowed to discuss it?), but after the most recent update I can not place CC beds :( I haven't tested to see if other CC has issues but I wanted to check here and see if this is a problem for anyone else?

I had the same problem, what I did was go back to TSR and load the bedroom sets again. Say yes to all and it gets replaced. Then the beds work again. It seems to refresh the mod.
    @luthienrising @Peruna

Well, I'm happy to report I took the plunge, installed S4S and did exactly what you told me to do... it worked!! I'm so proud of myself (lol!) I couldn't have done it without the hand-holding... that's for sure. Thanks so much! (I have to admit, I love being able to delete packages I no longer want... very easy-peasy!) :)

@catitude5

Thanks for sharing! That was going to be my next step if I didn't install S4S. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your cc working again :)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    @Jonalin did it work for counters and table cc as well?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    DeadFishy wrote: »

Hi @DeadFishy :)

This is the notice on SimsVIP:
    Batch Fix Instructions – Download the latest version of Sims 4 Studio and install the program. Open Sims 4 Studio, at the top select Tools > Batch Fixes > (Select the Batch fix):

For Sofas, Loveseats, & Mattresses – Objects > Fix Objects for Cats & Dogs Patch

For Clothes – CAS > Update CAS CC Pets Patch

A window will popup make sure your Mods Folder is correct, then click Run. You’ll get a Results box, just click OK and you’re done!

I d/l'd the S4S update yesterday and ran it. I wasn't aware of any counter issues, so I didn't check those items in my game.
    @Jonalin I wasn’t sure. When I loaded my game last week my round table was missing and when I tried to replace it, it said there were script errors?

Thank you for the update though :)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    edited November 2017
    @Jonalin I wasn’t sure. When I loaded my game last week my round table was missing and when I tried to replace it, it said there were script errors?

Thank you for the update though :)

@DeadFishy When I played yesterday, I didn't notice any table issues.. however(!)... I was using tables that were already in the game from a previous save. I'll try and switch things around to see if I can place a cc table and see if it causes any issues :)
  • Mari24Mari24 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem, I did try S4S with the CC fix for cats & dogs as recommended here on the site. I checked everything, even the right folder. After it fixed 417 items, reopened my game but I still have the issue that I can't place any coach or bed. Those weird shadows are still there. It seemed like it didnt change anything while s4s said it fixed those 417 files.. Ive fixed CC's before and it always worked untill now. Can anybody help me?
  • CosmicsCosmics Posts: 1 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > AlanaJauregui wrote: »
    >
    > My game isn't letting my sims use the cc beds that were already placed before the patch update, and when i tried to place a new cc bed it just deletes itself, but still takes my sims money for the bed... seem like there is going to be a lot of disadvantages to this patch.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The workaround for the new beds disappearing is to place the bed, then go to manage worlds. Then go back into the home, and the bed should be there.

This works I tried it, it's just a hassle.

Hi @DeadFishy :)

This is the notice on SimsVIP:
    Batch Fix Instructions – Download the latest version of Sims 4 Studio and install the program. Open Sims 4 Studio, at the top select Tools > Batch Fixes > (Select the Batch fix):

For Sofas, Loveseats, & Mattresses – Objects > Fix Objects for Cats & Dogs Patch

For Clothes – CAS > Update CAS CC Pets Patch

A window will popup make sure your Mods Folder is correct, then click Run. You’ll get a Results box, just click OK and you’re done!

I d/l'd the S4S update yesterday and ran it. I wasn't aware of any counter issues, so I didn't check those items in my game.

Which update is for Cats& dogs?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • saralxxsaralxx Posts: 2 New Member
    someone help me, i havent been able to play sims cuz of this bug. it's frustating me cuz i really need to do a story and i caaaaaaaant
    saralxx wrote: »
    someone help me, i havent been able to play sims cuz of this bug. it's frustating me cuz i really need to do a story and i caaaaaaaant

Anything re. CC is not a bug - it just means that a game update and/or pack has changed coding that non-Maxis-made content was using. To fix the problems, some CC can be updated with Sims 4 Studio; other CC needs to be removed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    edited November 2017
    @jennyT79 and @Jamesleyrr the fix is the same for beds and couches. Use Sims 4 Studio as mentioned above, the batch fix is now called "Fix Objects for Cat's and Dogs Patch
  • EmoSpiritXyenaEmoSpiritXyena Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having this issue with the Jonesi Blankets and a couple of recolors for them. Will the S4S help this too?
  • mandolasmandolas Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank goodness I found this! I was going crazy!
  • carmellia1carmellia1 Posts: 3 New Member
    Glad I found this thread. I've got the weird shadows. I don't like playing with cats and dogs so I didn't buy it. I didn't notice any problems with my game except a lot of my cc is now see through since some of the updates. I called myself trying to fix the transparency issue with my cc so I ran a couple of batch fixes. Then I noticed I was unable to place beds, they disappeared immediately, also some mirrors. Sims 4 is turning out to be a bit of a pain with all the updates constantly messing up my cc.... I didn't think I had to do the batch fix for cats and dogs since I didn't purchase it but maybe i do...

Thanks everyone for the info.
    carmellia1 wrote: »
    Glad I found this thread. I've got the weird shadows. I don't like playing with cats and dogs so I didn't buy it. I didn't notice any problems with my game except a lot of my cc is now see through since some of the updates. I called myself trying to fix the transparency issue with my cc so I ran a couple of batch fixes. Then I noticed I was unable to place beds, they disappeared immediately, also some mirrors. Sims 4 is turning out to be a bit of a pain with all the updates constantly messing up my cc.... I didn't think I had to do the batch fix for cats and dogs since I didn't purchase it but maybe i do...

Thanks everyone for the info.

It's typical that most problems show in the patch before a pack, not in the pack itself.
  • BootsMcRileyBootsMcRiley Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same issue. I JUST download the latest December 2017 game update and now so much of my CC doesn't work. It disappeared from my homes, showed up in inventory, but it wont let me place them anywhere. Any idea if these bugs will get sorted, or is all of my hard work down the drain with mods that will no longer prove effective?

Thanks in advance for any help given,
    Boots
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Having the same issue. I JUST download the latest December 2017 game update and now so much of my CC doesn't work. It disappeared from my homes, showed up in inventory, but it wont let me place them anywhere. Any idea if these bugs will get sorted, or is all of my hard work down the drain with mods that will no longer prove effective?

Thanks in advance for any help given,
    Boots

Hello @BootsMcRiley
    I have just seen this thread on the Sims 4 Studio site. They are working on a batch fix for the cc issues
    http://www.sims4studio.com/thread/11416/cc-counters-desk-broken
  • SociopathicSimmersSociopathicSimmers Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an even worse issue than beds, surfaces, etc not working. Since the patch today my game wont even load past the logo screen with my mods folder in. Which just ... can't do because I'm midway through filming the next episode of a machinima series that uses a lot of CC, and I just got permission from EA to use paintings of Sims (with CC in them) in a WIP book series. And no game opening, or game opening without CC = no reference pictures = no paintings. Anyone know a way to figure out which specific mods/items are the issue?