Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I a Retired Simmer Now?

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
Recently, I haven't had fun playing Sims. Instead, It's just been stressful and boring. I want it to be fun again, but it just isn't. I see no point in playing anymore except to pass the time, which is important because I get bored easily. It'll be hard to find an interest to replace Sims because I find a lot of things boring. Should I just move on to something new? If so, what? If not, what's so good about Sims to make it worth staying?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Always follow what makes you happy. If The Sims doesn't make you happy anymore, don't feel bad for looking for something else that does. Maybe one day you'll be in the mood to Sim again and you can come back and it'll be fun. But the fact is, The Sims can be a very time-consuming and involving game, and forcing yourself to play when you're not in the mood can be exhausting and annoying. Your time is yours to spend, so spend it doing something you enjoy.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Personally I go through phases where I'll play sims all day every day for a couple weeks, then I won't touch it for a few weeks, even months, and then I'll want to play again. If you're not into it right now, there's no point forcing yourself to play. But equally you don't necessarily have to think of yourself as a "retired simmer", as you may feel like playing again in the future. It may be hard to find a new interest, but hey, take it as an opportunity to try new things! :)
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Just what @samemie said. I'm completely addicted to Sims for a month. Then one day, I just won't feel like playing anymore. A month or two goes by, and then my life revolves around Sims again :D You don't have to decide you're retired and can never have fun with The Sims again, cause one day you might decide to pop in for a little bit and play again! Just find other ways to entertain yourself. Someday, you might come around again!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have taken breaks from The Sims as long as 6 months, either because I was playing other games or I was not playing at all. I think it is good and healthy to take a break from The Sims once in a while, especially since some players tend to take everything about the game so seriously and each bug becomes a major issue and source of frustration.
    What other games have you liked in the past, maybe someone has a few suggestions for you?
    I loved The Stick of Truth and will get the new South Park game next week, even though feedback has been mixed. But I am a huge SP fan, so this is probably not for you.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    It's been a few days, so I decided to try again. This happened less than 10 minutes into the game.
    12-17-17_10-14-30_AM.png
  • Options
    Yara_WinchesterYara_Winchester Posts: 16 Member
    > @Simtown15 said:
    > It's been a few days, so I decided to try again. This happened less than 10 minutes into the game.

:D well at least you can start a fire. No matter how much i try,the thing just doesn't seem to ignite. :/
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I think this happens to every simmer. I had this happen years ago and I didn't play for almost a year. Then I got back into it. My struggle right now is, I wanna play but don't have the time. Lol Maybe just give yourself a break from it and see how you feel.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm in one of those moods too this week with Sims4. I've run out of inspiration, so have tried out Sims3 again, after a struggle getting it properly loaded with my store stuff and managed to get SimCity Societies running after finding out that Origin messed up its' starting exe for it. All of them I've just run for an hour or two. Roaring Heights I might go back to though - later.

I'm going back to books and colouring books for a while.
  • Options
    I think I'm starting to get out of the rut! I found this challenge called the Upgrowth Challenge. I set up and played for a little bit. I went through, like, 7 households, but I finally stuck to one long enough for him to get married. This might be the household that I'll be playing now! @Simburian Why don't you try it?
  • Options
    @Simtown15 Point me to where you found the challenge and I'll give it a try. I think my problem is a pre-Christmas low as I'm missing my late dog and Cats and Dogs is not a sufficient replacement. A challenge might be a good thing.
  • Options
    @Simtown15 Thank you It looks interesting and I might try a Lite version of it. I don't use mods though and not sure about the random deaths!
  • Options
    @Simtown15 Have you seen this? It's a challenge to make a magical creature from SimGuruKimmi with a prize.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruKimmi
  • Options
    @Simburian I don't really like CAS challenges. I find CAS boring and rush when making sims. An hour in CAS? More like 5 minutes!
    Update: I got bored of the challenge after less than 2 hours. Then, I went to TS3 and tried playing a premade household. About an hour later, I was bored already.
  • Options
    I prescribe a rest from Sims! You need a change or holiday?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I had a time when I didn't touch the game for almost a year. Yet, here I am.

I find these breaks useful, to be honest. Refresh my ideias.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Another update: I'm really bored. I tried writing a story, but I don't feel like it anymore. I just don't feel like doing anything.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Another update: I'm really bored. I tried writing a story, but I don't feel like it anymore. I just don't feel like doing anything.

It really is okay to take a break from sims for a while, even if it's a long time. Even if you never come back... we all grow out of things sometimes. Unless you meant you don't feel like literally anything? What other stuff do you enjoy?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    samemie wrote: »

It really is okay to take a break from sims for a while, even if it's a long time. Even if you never come back... we all grow out of things sometimes. Unless you meant you don't feel like literally anything? What other stuff do you enjoy?

I actually meant not anything. There were a bunch of holiday specials and I watched none of them. I just didn't feel like it. I also like roleplaying; I just started one about a minute ago. The problem is it requires at least 1 other person.
  • Options

I actually meant not anything. There were a bunch of holiday specials and I watched none of them. I just didn't feel like it. I also like roleplaying; I just started one about a minute ago. The problem is it requires at least 1 other person.

I don't want to pry or jump to conclusions, but... if you've lost interest in pretty much everything, are you sure there's not another bigger issue at play?
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    i take a break between playing sims and reading i either read avidly for a few months then go back to simming or i switch up the game play by creating a new household one with loads of toddlers always makes it interesting and busy! Or create a single sim and concentrate on their career.
    Also try going back to older versions of sims such as sims 3! That's also what i do ! Hope this helps
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options

I don't want to pry or jump to conclusions, but... if you've lost interest in pretty much everything, are you sure there's not another bigger issue at play?

I did have severe depression in the past (until about 18 months ago). Maybe it's coming back.
  • Options

I did have severe depression in the past (until about 18 months ago). Maybe it's coming back.

I'm sorry to hear that :( Obviously getting bored with things alone doesn't necessarily mean anything, you're the only one who knows what you may or may not be dealing with but yeah... especially if it's something that you've dealt with before, just keep an eye on it yeah? Also, my inbox is open if you need it *hugs*

Do you enjoy things that are easy and almost mindless, like colouring books, or watching youtube videos? Stuff like that that you don't have to focus on or think too hard about.
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear that :( Obviously getting bored with things alone doesn't necessarily mean anything, you're the only one who knows what you may or may not be dealing with but yeah... especially if it's something that you've dealt with before, just keep an eye on it yeah? Also, my inbox is open if you need it *hugs*

Do you enjoy things that are easy and almost mindless, like colouring books, or watching youtube videos? Stuff like that that you don't have to focus on or think too hard about.

I don't like coloring. For some reason I always found it stressful. I do like watching YouTube videos though. I've been doing so a lot lately.
  • Options

I don't like coloring. For some reason I always found it stressful. I do like watching YouTube videos though. I've been doing so a lot lately.

Makes sense. I mean, even colouring can be stressful if you're a perfectionist. Youtube (and Twitch!) is good though, just as something you can zone out to a bit and not necessarily give your full attention.